You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WG: With upcoming update v0.10.7 we will again have Commander Skills update - please enable visual clues when some specific skills are ON / OFF - it has already been 6+ months since first introduction of new skills and we still don't have that implemented

23 comments in this topic

[ALYEN]
Players
3,077 posts
4,508 battles

This feature was requested by testers and CCs BEFORE the rework. It was never mentioned by anybody from WG, so I guess they have ignored it.

But we can hope ...

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,471 posts
9 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

WG: With upcoming update v0.10.7 we will again have Commander Skills update - please enable visual clues when some specific skills are ON / OFF - it has already been 6+ months since first introduction of new skills and we still don't have that implemented !!!

"ST 0.10.7, Changes to Commander Skills"

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/175

We still have no visual clue whether some specific Commander Skill is ON / OFF - for example:

• Dazzle
  • Outnumbered
  • Top Grade Gunner
  • Swift in Silence
  • Fearless Brawler
  • Brisk (New)
  • etc.

How hard can it be for this info to be shown?

@YabbaCoe / @MrConway / @Crysantos / @Ev1n / @Sub_Octavian

Leo "Apollo11"

you should also tag @god_all_mighty

• Funny 4

[ALYEN]
Players
3,077 posts
4,508 battles
12 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

WG: With upcoming update v0.10.7 we will again have Commander Skills update - please enable visual clues when some specific skills are ON / OFF - it has already been 6+ months since first introduction of new skills and we still don't have that implemented !!!

We still have no visual clue whether some specific Commander Skill is ON / OFF - for example:

• Dazzle
  • Outnumbered
  • Top Grade Gunner
  • Swift in Silence
  • Fearless Brawler
  • Brisk (New)
  • etc.

Leo "Apollo11"

Well for FB and Brisk/Swift in Silence, the indicator is baked in already - you are detected or not.

But the others that rely on ships in gun/detection range or detected timer (Dazzle) it would be nice to have them.

Players
775 posts
14 minuti fa, Hugh_Ruka ha scritto:

This feature was requested by testers and CCs BEFORE the rework. It was never mentioned by anybody from WG, so I guess they have ignored it.

But we can hope ...

False. I remember perfectly that at least 2 of WG's staff said that this feature will be developed and implemented... And this was about 2 months ago...

Players
10,752 posts
12,269 battles
19 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

• Dazzle
  • Outnumbered
  • Top Grade Gunner
  • Swift in Silence
  • Fearless Brawler
  • Brisk (New)
  • etc.

Leo "Apollo11"

But how do you monetize that right here and now? You can't? Oh well, too bad for you:cap_tea:

• Cool 4

[NECRO]
Players
4,973 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, Leo_Apollo11 sagte:

You presume that those skills actually work as advertised? A bold theory. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9

[ALYEN]
Players
3,077 posts
4,508 battles
2 minutes ago, _Lupastro_ said:

False. I remember perfectly that at least 2 of WG's staff said that this feature will be developed and implemented... And this was about 2 months ago...

In the sense the they will look into it or that they are working on it ? If the first one then that can be ignored ... as if they said nothing ....

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,484 posts
10,103 battles
50 minutes ago, Panocek said:

But how do you monetize that right here and now? You can't? Oh well, too bad for you

Let me help you envisioning the great good here for the sake of more money:

Only players with premium time will get those new symbols shown! All other (plebs) have to guess like nowadays. Like today, only players with premium time can slot three missions for the campaigns, while players without can only activate two.

Oh wait... We can improve this even further!!!

Let's intruduce a total new currancy or token! Those token can only be bought with real money in the store of course! And only if you activate that token you well get shown these needed icons!

Glad I could help!

• Cool 2

Players
5,153 posts
21,476 battles

Player feedback should have been in the execution of the conditional skills from day one they went live :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 5

Players
2,995 posts
25,043 battles
42 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Only players with premium time will get those new symbols shown! All other (plebs) have to guess like nowadays. Like today, only players with premium time can slot three missions for the campaigns, while players without can only activate two.

Let's intruduce a total new currancy or token! Those token can only be bought with real money in the store of course! And only if you activate that token you well get shown these needed icons!

Glad I could help!

WG disaproves! 

Not shady/convoluted enough. And not enough RNG.

You need to be at least required to buy some Lootboxes from that new currency so you MAY get those benefits.

• Cool 3

Players
1,375 posts
4,408 battles

There is no need for visual highlighting of these skill's effects, when you plan to "rework" or better castrate the system a 3rd, 4th and maybe 5th time, because it just does not work.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
511 posts
6,036 battles
3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

• Dazzle
  • Outnumbered
  • Top Grade Gunner
  • Swift in Silence
  • Fearless Brawler
  • Brisk (New)
  • etc.

Leo "Apollo11"

They are just re-adjusting the skills according to submarines because they will add them to the random mode after a period of ranked mode.

• Cool 1

Players
8,056 posts
245 battles
35 minutes ago, Von_Pruss said:

There is no need for visual highlighting of these skill's effects, when you plan to "rework" or better castrate the system a 3rd, 4th and maybe 5th time, because it just does not work.

I mean i was expecting them to at somepoint to have skills dedicate to each class only when select on the appropriate ships. Then be split into. Survivability (Damage con, heals, additional HP etc.), Gunnery (Turret traverse, range, accuracy, Rate of fire etc.), Mobility (Rudder shift, top speed, acceleration etc.) and Concealment (Air, sea, etc). Then maybe a misc for more odd ball skills that can't fit into only one category and have it so that at least 70% of the entire tree is usable to enable varied builds (Although the ship in question will still matter).

They could be small buffs, rather than drastically changing everything about the ship in question.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,392 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

Glad I could help!

No, they will introduce a special "Super Premium" whoch you can buy if you have already bought premium and in the last 100 days you played each day at least 10 games. But if you didn't now you can purchase "Activity Logs" which represent 10 day out of the 100. Each activity log can be purchased for 1500 Steel AND 10000 Coal or 10000 dubs.

• Funny 1

[WARB]
Players
41 posts
5,223 battles

This idea makes perfect sense so it will never be seen in the game, more likely the will remove the detection visual clues by bug than this.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
918 posts

Playing STO I rather not because anyone that plays knows the visual clutter that creates to the point you cannot even see your own ship under it.

WOWS is not as bad but still I dont see the need for some skills to have a "visual indicator" because they are conditional, if you spot a ship then if the skill condition was remain unspotted then there is no point to that, also you need a visual indicator for what? Dazzle is not something you can counter and are you not firing on the ship because of dazzle? Of course you are because you can still HIT it, the extra dispersion doesnt change that.

What matters is if you are being detected by planes, radar or hydo and a icon works for that, I dont want for hydro to show the circle for the detected ship so it knows how far it can run as well know the exact location were the ship with hydro is, showing duration of time spotted is one thing but beyond the icon with the duration? no.

In fact I can understand WG not wanting to implement such visual queues if all they do is give the enemy information they should not have.

• Bad 2

Players
1,375 posts
4,408 battles
1 hour ago, CptBarney said:

I mean i was expecting them to at somepoint to have skills dedicate to each class only when select on the appropriate ships. Then be split into. Survivability (Damage con, heals, additional HP etc.), Gunnery (Turret traverse, range, accuracy, Rate of fire etc.), Mobility (Rudder shift, top speed, acceleration etc.) and Concealment (Air, sea, etc). Then maybe a misc for more odd ball skills that can't fit into only one category and have it so that at least 70% of the entire tree is usable to enable varied builds (Although the ship in question will still matter).

They could be small buffs, rather than drastically changing everything about the ship in question.

Unfortunately, almost nothing revolves around existing players. They are trying to find a certain way between not having too many players leave and a set of new players, who start freshly with their adapted rework system, e.g. spending way more hours, resources etc. to have what we have. WG had no benefeit from players having 19 point commanders. They needed to find a way to get more out of it, e.g. same skill set for now 21 points. The fact alone you had inactive players that missed the "free reset" period and after returning the game seeing they would need to spend hundreds of euros / dollars for dubloons to retrain their mixed up commanders, speaks for itself... On top of that, we are getting more and more events that promote skipping of tiers, making the matches quality worse and worse. WG could not make it more clear with the actions from the last 6 months or so what they think of us players, they just do not care anymore.

• Cool 7

[_I_]
Players
1,609 posts
21,924 battles

For a small monthly fee, you can have the premium UI that contains essential information that should obviously have been included from the start for free. We will keep working hard to provide you with all the things you keep requesting such as overpriced premium ships, poorly thought out captain skills, more smoke-and-he spammers, poor CV mechanics and the amazing submarines any moment.

Its going to be grand, captains!

• Funny 2

Players
2,287 posts
6 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

• Dazzle
  • Outnumbered
  • Top Grade Gunner
  • Swift in Silence
  • Fearless Brawler
  • Brisk (New)
  • etc.

Leo "Apollo11"

Ig the reason is that it will be unpopular:Smile_trollface:

[BS4]
Players
1,556 posts
8,528 battles
10 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

You presume that those skills actually work as advertised? A bold theory. :Smile_trollface:

Perhaps that's why they don't want to draw attention to it?:Smile_amazed:

Wait....Now they Have to put them in !!! 

• Cool 1

Players
276 posts
21,048 battles
On 7/16/2021 at 11:26 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

We still have no visual clue whether some specific Commander Skill is ON / OFF - for example

• Swift in Silence
  •  

Good post but I disagree about SiS as the detection alert already work as a clue 

[BODEM]
Players
854 posts
7,493 battles

Also, WG, just reset all the Captain Skills instead of putting points in what you think is best.