You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Humorpalanta

DD life and a game!

46 comments in this topic

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,392 battles

Hey guys,

So I was watching Flamu's vid on the new German BBs and I was thinking. It is so easy to play a DD nowadays, right? You don't have to worry about anything... Easy to torp and cap...

So I came up with a game for you all.

tenor.gif?itemid=16238278

How many ships were added to the game this year (2021) and how many of those do not have hydro/radar/airplane to counter DDs? For extra credit, name them! (Dutchies have airborne nukes and fall under the term of airplane)

Have fun!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

Players
2,995 posts
25,043 battles

The new GER-DD Line? :Smile_hiding:

And the ITA-BBs have no counter measures too. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
602 posts
2,523 battles

all classes are difficult to play (maybe not CVs  :Smile_veryhappy: but they're boring). Concerning DDs, I would say "with great powers comes great counters" muahahaha, I mean DDs are the most influential class... what did you expect ? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,474 posts
11,570 battles

The dutch, because their airstrikes don't spot stuff. Though tbh I think DDs should be limited to a max of 3 per team. Not because of them being OP but because they're very influential.

• Cool 2

Players
2,995 posts
25,043 battles

Cant even remember what came before the ITA-BBs.... too much ships get sh*t out... 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
602 posts
2,523 battles
6 minuti fa, Prophecy82 ha scritto:

Cant even remember what came before the ITA-BBs.... too much ships get sh*t out... 

The american fat BBs, they have "no counter" too 

• Cool 2

Players
3,320 posts
10,935 battles
3 hours ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Though tbh I think DDs should be limited to a max of 3 per team. Not because of them being OP but because they're very influential.

Which means that the individual DD has even more impact on the game, be it positive or negative. I dont know if that is what we want.

With four or even five DDs per game the individual influence goes down.

Imagine having 1 DD in your team and it detonates or suicides.... GG WP.

• Cool 3

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
810 posts
6,023 battles
4 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Hey guys,

So I was watching Flamu's vid on the new German BBs and I was thinking. It is so easy to play a DD nowadays, right? You don't have to worry about anything... Easy to torp and cap...

So I came up with a game for you all.

tenor.gif?itemid=16238278

How many ships were added to the game this year (2021) and how many of those do not have hydro/radar/airplane to counter DDs? For extra credit, name them! (Dutchies have airborne nukes and fall under the term of airplane)

Have fun!

oh poor DDs ,they nerfed rocket planes their ultimate counter and now again they complain. 

Lets just remove everything so they can use their 5-6 km concealment and kill everybody.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
525 posts
3,591 battles

Any ship has a counter against being torped by DDs. 

It is called "human brain".

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Players
602 posts
2,523 battles
18 minuti fa, GarrusBrutus ha scritto:

Which means that the individual DD has even more impact on the game, be it positive or negative. I dont know if that is what we want.

True, but still you just have 1 DD to kill... which is a lot better imo 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6

Players
602 posts
2,523 battles
4 minuti fa, xe_N_on ha scritto:

Any ship has a counter against being torped by DDs. 

It is called "human brain".

Here we go, a DD apologist 

• Funny 4
  • Boring 4

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
525 posts
3,591 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, AxisMarine sagte:

Nope, an realist. 

Torps (except maybe Ikea torps) are so slow that anyone with situational awareness can evade being stealth torped.

Priority target helps a lot too ...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[DTABM]
Players
323 posts
6,801 battles
Just now, AxisMarine said:

You mean a sane person... DDs are impactful, but also most difficult to play and the class with the least survavibility. Anybody whining about torps need to get laughed out of the room right away.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

Players
602 posts
2,523 battles
Proprio ora, Carandraug ha scritto:

You mean a sane person... DDs are impactful, but also most difficult to play and the class with the least survavibility. Anybody whining about torps need to get laughed out of the room right away.

Did you hear me whining ? I just have enough of reading DDs complaining and telling "mmmuuuh we're the best and you're all sh*t" 

Give me a break. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
4,829 posts
7,730 battles
1 minute ago, AxisMarine said:

Did you hear me whining ? I just have enough of reading DDs complaining and telling "mmmuuuh we're the best and you're all sh*t" 

Give me a break. 

What do you know about DD play after 4 games in the class?

• Cool 7

Players
602 posts
2,523 battles
Proprio ora, Capra76 ha scritto:

What do you know about DD play after 4 games in the class?

Oh sorry, I don't play DDs... what a shame :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
810 posts
6,023 battles
6 minutes ago, Carandraug said:

Gold ranked, enemy has 4 radar ships, our DD goes mid cap, dies instant, blames everyone for not helping him,i really dont know what to say to that. There are lot of DD players who really are lost in time and space.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
1,705 posts
19,814 battles
34 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Exactly, the hardest games for me in a DD are when there is 5 DDs. The enemy team never loses spotting, so even if you kill 1-2 DDs, the situation is still open. You may kill the DDs on your flank, but on the other flank the enemy DDs might dominate and exert their influence while you are trying to reposition. Also you gotta assume you got a DD against you, maybe even several which forces you to conservatively account for what you don't see.

I love games where I am the only DD or one of maybe 2-3, cause then I sometimes know i can cap without risk, which immediately gives me the XP-boost of a solo-cap. And I can plan my attack against the enemy DD with less risk of a second DD ruining the party.

A healthy battle needs 2-4 DDs, 3 are ideal.

• Cool 4

Players
3,320 posts
10,935 battles
14 minutes ago, AxisMarine said:

True, but still you just have 1 DD to kill... which is a lot better imo 

why is that better?

Imo matches with 4BB-4CA-4DD are the best.

• Cool 1

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
525 posts
3,591 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, AxisMarine sagte:

Give me a break. 

I'm the opinion that playing BBs can be as difficult as playing DDs. Right positioning and map knowledge is much more important as for playing DDs. but keep on with your prejudice  ;)

Players
3,320 posts
10,935 battles
1 minute ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Gold ranked, enemy has 4 radar ships, our DD goes mid cap, dies instant, blames everyone for not helping him,i really dont know what to say to that. There are lot of DD players who really are lost in time and space.

Indeed. In ranked my main goal as a DD is to stay alive. Teammates might rage that i need to cap, that i need to do this or that. But i do whatever is necessary to stay alive. If that means just spot and not cap for the first 10 minutes, so be it.

So far so good, i'd say.

image.thumb.png.a3fd5b85e77a2afe50f19526d3fcf43d.png

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,474 posts
11,570 battles
41 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Look at it a different way. Not too long ago we had 4 dds on each team. Two of ours decided to smoke up together and died to torps instantly, the other two went to the border and stayed there (and one even had the audacity to complain about the team later). Essentially turning it into 4 DDs vs 0. That's why I think that a 3 DD per team limit would be a nice balance in influence.

• Cool 1

Players
602 posts
2,523 battles
Proprio ora, GarrusBrutus ha scritto:

why is that better?

Imo matches with 4BB-4CA-4DD are the best.

Because with less DDs, if your team loses theirs... we can still do something. While with 4 DDs per side, if your team goes 0-4... it becomes quite hopeless imo. But I might be wrong. 

[GW_KR]
Players
442 posts
16,777 battles
3 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Is there any way to look up my average damage in Co-oP and filter it by nation?

In the stat web page you can choose coop and then sort by nation. Dont know if you get a total avverage for all ships for a dpecigic nation but I havent tried doing it either, so it might be possible.

http://wows-numbers.com/