You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.10.6. — "Dutch Cruisers: Part 1"

56 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
2,393 posts

Get ready to unlock Dutch cruisers in Early Access, push yourself to the limits in our new Brawls, and enjoy plenty of other new features in Update 0.10.6!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
1,023 posts
14,173 battles

Garbage update and not even napoli has been added, how can this be called a patch when so little is being added? 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,849 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Animalul2012 sagte:

how can this be called a patch when so little is being added?

patches with not much new content are requested quite often so....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-RDE-]
Players
381 posts
4,737 battles

Really great update, free T4-7 Dutch cruisers plus permacamos for T7-8. 

Also does this upcoming update lasts for 4 weeks as usual or shorter? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[DSNF]
Players
46 posts
16,118 battles

Will we in the future be able to rotate ASW and airstrike reticle and is CVs allowed in tier 6 brawls?

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,394 posts
13,283 battles

Not sure I understand what's happening with the Friesland? Why the Groningen as an exact copy? Is the Friesland being removed from the game entirely? And what happens is players don't want to exchange it for the Groningen? So much confusion in my little head.

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,387 posts
14,464 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Animalul2012 sagte:

[...] not even napoli has been added [...]

If you payed attention in the last months, these ships often appear on fridays between the patches. I guess it will be the same with Napoli.

Zitat

Not sure I understand what's happening with the Friesland? Why the Groningen as an exact copy? Is the Friesland being removed from the game entirely? And what happens is players don't want to exchange it for the Groningen? So much confusion in my little head.

Groningen has a dutch captain, Friesland a pan-EU-captain. 

Friesland will be removed. Exchange is not mandatory.
That way you can decide what you prefer. Or even get both.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
920 posts
1 minute ago, Shaka_D said:

Its a exact copy because they decided to instead of moving Friesland to the new Dutch line to keep it there and just remove Friesland from sales replacing it with Groningen that is a exact copy since it was a Friesland class destroyer.

If you want to keep it, then you can ... if you want a Tier IX Dutch Premium then simply exchange it for Groningen and if you wanted a 21 points Dutch Commander at the line launch, you werent going to get it by farming XP in Friesland and then have the commander moved along with the ship.

• Cool 2

[PRM]
Players
30 posts
27,607 battles

With the release of Update 0.10.6, flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6 premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX Friesland will cease to be available. In Update 0.10.7 she'll be replaced with flag_Netherlands_fedce9c191a9d9346b44eb4 premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX Groningen, which is identical to Friesland. She'll be available for 1,000,000 Free XP and for 19,300 Doubloons. With the release of Update 0.10.7, owners of Friesland will be able to replace the ship with Groningen in the "Inventory" section. This can be done until the release of Update 0.10.8.

Can i keep the friesland if i do not want to replace it with Gronningen ? Also , can i also purchase Gronningen and keep Friesland too ? i am a collector of ships ... 

Players
269 posts
255 battles

More planes, just what the community has been campaigning for...at least according to "ye holy spreadsheet"

19 minutes ago, WWDragon said:

Its a exact copy because they decided to instead of moving Friesland to the new Dutch line to keep it there and just remove Friesland from sales replacing it with Groningen that is a exact copy since it was a Friesland class destroyer.

If you want to keep it, then you can ... if you want a Tier IX Dutch Premium then simply exchange it for Groningen and if you wanted a 21 points Dutch Commander at the line launch, you werent going to get it by farming XP in Friesland and then have the commander moved along with the ship.

WG claim it's an exact copy because players bought Friesland so they could use Jerzy Swerzi on it, and they cant really move him from the Pan European line to the Dutch line as he is Polish. The fact it means they can get double bubble money from introducing yet another cut and paste ship "LITERALLY" cut and paste i'm sure is a total coincidence and not just a money grab.....No honest, it's just coincidence, really it is...pffft, honest....Hahahahahahaha...sorry i couldn't hold my laugh in any longer.

• Funny 2

Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles
1 hour ago, Animalul2012 said:

Garbage update and not even napoli has been added, how can this be called a patch when so little is being added? 

It should be obvious that Napoli will appear in the next 5 weeks...

But you are right, a new tech tree is not enough. WG needs to add a zillion events, that even more people can complain about the density of events in the game.

1 minute ago, WascallyWabbit said:

More planes, just what the community has been campaigning for...at least according to "ye holy spreadsheet"

WG claim it's an exact copy because players bought Friesland so they could use Jerzy Swerzi on it, and they cant really move him from the Pan European line to the Dutch line as he is Polish. The fact it means they can get double bubble money from introducing yet another cut and paste ship "LITERALLY" cut and paste i'm sure is a total coincidence and not just a money grab.....No honest, it's just coincidence, really it is...pffft, honest....Hahahahahahaha...sorry i couldn't hold my laugh in any longer.

Riight...

That is why you cannot exchange Friesland for Groningen, when you want to own only one of the two ships... :cap_like:

• Cool 2

Players
522 posts
21,513 battles

I must say that this year event is just dissapointing !!! , and I am happy that there are Dutch cruisers in the game but why there is Dasha Dutch commander !? -_- , is there really no other models avelible ?  she aint looking Dutch ! -_- 

[ALYEN]
Players
3,084 posts
4,508 battles

With the release of Update 0.10.6, flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX Friesland will cease to be available. In Update 0.10.7 she'll be replaced with flag_Netherlands_fedce9c191a9d9346b44eb4premium_9ffc494df739f989c98f2dd3a4e40887IX Groningen, which is identical to Friesland.

Why are you REMOVING the ship one patch earlier than you are introducing the replacement ? Basically for the whole patch we cannot get EITHER OF THEM !!!

[PRAVD]
Players
4 posts
8,268 battles
45 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

If you payed attention in the last months, these ships often appear on fridays between the patches. I guess it will be the same with Napoli.

New ships coming to the armory for resources have almost always been announced in the patchnotes straight up. Napoli being a tier X special ship would definitely fall in that category, not the "surprise friday prem shop update new ship out of nowhere" like the hybrids, Constellation and Weimar of the last few fridays. Not saying it's impossible, but it would definitely break with the trend.  

• Cool 3

Players
269 posts
255 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It should be obvious that Napoli will appear in the next 5 weeks...

But you are right, a new tech tree is not enough. WG needs to add a zillion events, that even more people can complain about the density of events in the game.

Riight...

That is why you cannot exchange Friesland for Groningen, when you want to own only one of the two ships... :cap_like:

Many players bought Friesland to use with Jerzi, as his buffs work great on Friesland. You swap to gronigen you lose that ability. So if you want a ship for the dutch line you have to give up that synergie and the ship to get the Dutch friesland or buy the same ship again...They should have made a completely new ship, simply copy and pasting is lazy, and forces you to make that choice to lose the Friesland or buy another ship identical to the Euro line. It's a cash grab dressed up in a "solution" nothing more.

At least they didn't just copy and paste a Monarch, Izamo or Yammy to rip off the player base...ohhh wait they did lol.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles
10 minutes ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Many players bought Friesland to use with Jerzi, as his buffs work great on Friesland. You swap to gronigen you lose that ability. So if you want a ship for the dutch line you have to give up that synergie and the ship to get the Dutch friesland or buy the same ship again...They should have made a completely new ship, simply copy and pasting is lazy, and forces you to make that choice to lose the Friesland or buy another ship identical to the Euro line. It's a cash grab dressed up in a "solution" nothing more.

At least they didn't just copy and paste a Monarch, Izamo or Yammy to rip off the player base...ohhh wait they did lol.

• a swap is your choice, you do not need to
  • Groningen has barely any synergy with dutch cruisers
  • had the Dutch line got a different DD, players would have complained that they could not have a Friesland-Class ship in the Dutch tech tree
  • yes, you have a choice, choices are good
  • Cool 3

[NOS]
Beta Tester
49 posts
10,969 battles

U know what annoys me very much is when u add all these super test ships u dont mention if they have sonar or radar or anything ... as a player this is very important info to know and u need to make this information more accesible  .... 

[FALX]
Players
203 posts
6,973 battles
12 minutes ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Groningen wasn't planned from the start. They did it because people complained when WG wanted to move Friesland directly. https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/137 Those who have Jerzy on Friesland/Smaland complained that Jerzy would lose some of his value. So they made a copy of it in a very short time in the Dutch tree which is a ship that irl it was still part of Friesland class.

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
1,023 posts
14,173 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

Groningen has a dutch captain, Friesland a pan-EU-captain. 

Friesland will be removed. Exchange is not mandatory.
That way you can decide what you prefer. Or even get both.

Druid was released the first day of the patch. Austin too,stalin too,shikishima too,somers too,ohio and colbert too,siegfried too,paolo and slava too. Only exception was vampire 2 and even that was waster as they could have released on anzac day. Oh well...guess napoli will be locked behind a whale or 3 million free xp.

[FAILS]
Players
838 posts
22,836 battles

I hope they at least change the pennant number on Groningen to D813...

• Cool 1

Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles
15 minutes ago, Psticide said:

U know what annoys me very much is when u add all these super test ships u dont mention if they have sonar or radar or anything ... as a player this is very important info to know and u need to make this information more accesible  .... 

If that is important to you, you can find that info the Dev Blog.

[FALX]
Players
203 posts
6,973 battles
31 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

I hope they at least change the pennant number on Groningen to D813...

There is a pic here https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2021/06/friesland-to-stay-with-europe-tt-and.html which shows her pennant number. Not sure about the origin of the photo, maybe from some stream

Players
32,812 posts
16,450 battles
2 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Get ready to unlock Dutch cruisers in Early Access, push yourself to the limits in our new Brawls, and enjoy plenty of other new features in Update 0.10.6!

Read it on the portal

• unfortunately you decided to keep the Air Strike and since the Air Strike is an important part of the Dutch ships striking ability, it looks like their guns are, at least partially,  a bit underwhelming :Smile_sceptic:
  • while I do not mind having female captains on my ships, please put Dasha into an uniform in the future, a female, civilian captain on a war ship is a bit much and makes her quite uninteresting to me
  • the changes to Maas and Edinburgh were not necessary
  • Andrea Doria would have needed a higher Sigma
  • Cool 1

Players
269 posts
255 battles
46 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • a swap is your choice, you do not need to
  • Groningen has barely any synergy with dutch cruisers
  • had the Dutch line got a different DD, players would have complained that they could not have a Friesland-Class ship in the Dutch tech tree
  • yes, you have a choice, choices are good

Yes you do have choices, crap choices but choices none the less, Gronigen is the only xp earner for the new line, you either have to buy it , don't buy it or lose a ship from another line by swapping, they are not great choices dude. It's down right lazy, cynical and greedy. They can churn out several premium ships per month and if the devs are to be believed the development cycle of a new line takes upto two years, therefore they had plenty of time to come up with a unique and new ship that could have been the Dutch xp and credit earner. The dutch had other destroyers and ships as you know. I think they took the easy route, the quick no effort cash grab. It's not a first, cut and paste ships are becoming more and more frequent.