You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Andrewbassg

Torpedo bug: weekly update

36 comments in this topic

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
1,564 posts
17,529 battles

It has been three weeks from when  Flamu released his video about this subject. Since then, it has been tested by the players, by  Cc's discussed on the forums and acknowledged by WG staff.

It is now a well known "issue". In plain english is a game breaking bug. 

However, a roadmap  offering a resolution to this matter has not been offered, nor presented as of yet. The closest thing to that, was a response which I got for opening a ticket on this matter, which stated that Wg is aware of the "issue" and it will addressed in "one of the upcoming updates" Note the lack of commitment, and the plural involved.  Which....very well could mean the nr 10 update from now. This is of course absolutely ludicrous by itself, but....that's not the scope of this thread. I mean qualifying and all that jazz.

What is the scope of this thread, is to factually documenting, the amount of time needed to address this..... "issue". I sincerely hope that it will be fixed this week, so the thread will lose its purpose. We'll see.  

• Cool 11
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,287 posts
13 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

It has been three weeks from when  Flamu released his video about this subject. Since then, it has been tested by the players, by  Cc's discussed on the forums and acknowledged by WG staff.

It is now a well known "issue". In plain english is a game breaking bug. 

However, a roadmap  offering a resolution to this matter has not been offered, nor presented as of yet. The closest thing to that, was a response which I got for opening a ticket on this matter, which stated that Wg is aware of the "issue" and it will addressed in "one of the upcoming updates" Note the lack of commitment, and the plural involved.  Which....very well could mean the nr 10 update from now. This is of course absolutely ludicrous by itself, but....that's not the scope of this thread. I mean qualifying and all that jazz.

What is the scope of this thread, is to factually documenting, the amount of time needed to address this..... "issue". I sincerely hope that it will be fixed this week, so the thread will lose its purpose. We'll see.  

when a game is big, devs don't give a crap, unless those devs actually care about their creation. Among Us for eg, the game has been very popular, and they are working day and night to make the game look better. WG on the other hand lul

• Cool 6

[_I_]
Players
1,609 posts
21,924 battles
2 hours ago, totally_potato said:

when a game is big, devs don't give a crap, unless those devs actually care about their creation. Among Us for eg, the game has been very popular, and they are working day and night to make the game look better. WG on the other hand lul

Tasklist probably looks more like:

1) create premium ship to sell

2) create more wonky content

3) make hyped collab with butt-ugly camos, silly captains and if it contains a bit sexualized images, all the better.

4) consider what can be put in you-will-not-get-it-list in satancrates

99) possibly fix bugs.

edit: this list is clearly prioritized by managers, not by developers..

• Cool 11

[XTREM]
Players
2,303 posts
16,277 battles

How does the bug trigger anyway? Like what are the conditions? 

I've been playing Daring a fair bit since news of the bug first broke and I haven't noticed it yet, my torps always seem to go where I aimed them up until now. 

WG Staff
3,049 posts
988 battles
55 minutes ago, totally_potato said:

Captain, 

We care a lot about our game, and it comes without saying about our players. We do our best to keep our game polished. To allow users to enjoy the best playing environment possible. Unfortunately, during development, some issues may occur, which could translate into some annoying bugs. We apologize for that.

Whenever a bug is detected, we start working immediately on a fix.  You may imagine that is not an easy process, though. A lot of time and resources are invested due to the complexity of these tasks. 

We always try to solve any issue as soon as we can. But, sometimes, a complicated problem requires a time-demanding solution.

Regarding the Torpedo bug, as already mentioned, we are working hard on a fix. We want to have it ready as soon as possible. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
1,564 posts
17,529 battles
10 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

I've been playing Daring a fair bit since news of the bug first broke and I haven't noticed it yet, my torps always seem to go where I aimed them up until now. 

In essence the ship's turning rate( speed and heading) influence the direction at which the torps are launched. And the aiming indicator does not take into account the ship's movement. I doubt that your ships isn't influenced by it. Anyway you can conduct your own tests to see if this is the case.

On 6/29/2021 at 12:32 PM, Andrewbassg said:

This is where I aim. Ship is stationary.

1820916114_Torpedobug1.thumb.png.31696fb29198256f0a80db0fec7e0a7a.png

Torpedo on course perfectly between the limits of the aiming reticle.

1350518605_Torpedobug2.thumb.png.d36b8271f96f96f10b7f5080be0648fa.png

Torpedo hits where is supposed to.

1542080648_Torpedobug3.thumb.png.e9f64356f2984f68012b7fdcf0d4ea7c.png

Now the ship is moving and turning. I launch two torpedoes to further test something

505157380_Torpedobug4.thumb.png.a3362ee77ca64161df0b4a772269d759.png

Torpedoes on course

1689499103_Torpedobug5.thumb.png.20103ab494d6a88e430293e2435cf4f9.png 

Torpedoes hit You can see that my aim was quite steady,  because both torps hit in almost the same spot

1332861890_Torpedobug6.thumb.png.5bd8f95e985842adf090863aaaf08791.png

And here's the replay

20210629_113406_PBSC109-Neptune_04_Archipelago.wowsreplay

• Cool 2

[_I_]
Players
1,609 posts
21,924 battles

If nothing else, this bug has at least two workarounds.

• Funny 2

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
1,564 posts
17,529 battles
52 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Captain, 

We care a lot about our game, and it comes without saying about our players. We do our best to keep our game polished. To allow users to enjoy the best playing environment possible. Unfortunately, during development, some issues may occur, which could translate into some annoying bugs. We apologize for that.

Whenever a bug is detected, we start working immediately on a fix.  You may imagine that is not an easy process, though. A lot of time and resources are invested due to the complexity of these tasks. 

We always try to solve any issue as soon as we can. But, sometimes, a complicated problem requires a time-demanding solution.

Regarding the Torpedo bug, as already mentioned, we are working hard on a fix. We want to have it ready as soon as possible. 

I think that this bug has a lot to do with...subs. Now, bear with me a little I'm trying to help.

Every vehicle, or item in the game is..  an object. With (sometimes radically) different characteristics Every torpedo is essentially the same object, be it launched by a ship, plane or sub, but.... obviously with different characteristics.  A quick solution would be to clone the object named torpedo, attribute a different ID to the clone and that attribute to only.....subs. That way, it would be shielded by whatever the devs try to do with subs.

Now l'm not pretending that I know the inner workings of the game, but, if the bug is indeed related to subs...it would be a quick solution. In the long run it could present some problems, but....far less then now.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
8,596 posts
3 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Guys, guys look!!! Shiny German battle cruisers!!! Ohhhhhh, shiny!!!

Ditto

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,392 posts
16,873 battles

Spreadsheet shows we're all having 'a whale of a time' and are looking forward to the release of subs so we can find another game to spend our money on.

• Cool 5

Players
2,287 posts
2 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Captain, 

We care a lot about our game, and it comes without saying about our players. We do our best to keep our game polished. To allow users to enjoy the best playing environment possible.

k, cool

Unfortunately, during development, some issues may occur, which could translate into some annoying bugs. We apologize for that.

during development, you (not you, I mean Devs) could have maybe thought of solutions to potential problems. Like shallow rocks for the sub world

Great, if you fix it, players will be the happiest about it.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
166 posts
34,573 battles
8 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Captain, 

Ok so when are you going to roll back the maps to stop the beaching in open water [edited] that has been reported for longer than the torpedo bugs?

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
4,973 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, HMS_Britannia sagte:

Ok so when are you going to roll back the maps to stop the beaching in open water [edited] that has been reported for longer than the torpedo bugs?

Never. Instead, they will raise the ship so it is sitting higher in the water with less draught, and a conveniently exposed citadel. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,776 posts
14 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

In plain english is a game breaking bug. 

:Smile_veryhappy: It's hardly game breaking....more a slight annoyance if you play DD's a lot.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
6,268 posts
23,379 battles
2 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

:Smile_veryhappy: It's hardly game breaking....more a slight annoyance if you play DD's a lot.

It's not restricted to DDs.. Cruisers use torps, too..

[ROT8]
Players
2,776 posts
1 minute ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

It's not restricted to DDs.. Cruisers use torps, too..

To be fair....cruisers are usually about to die when they rush in to fire their torps so they don't really matter. :Smile_hiding:

[-GGS-]
Players
529 posts
11,687 battles
12 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

You have to turn the ship as you launch the torps. If you sit still or are going straight, then so will the torps.

Beta Tester
6,268 posts
23,379 battles
2 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

To be fair....cruisers are usually about to die when they rush in to fire their torps so they don't really matter. :Smile_hiding:

To be fair, there's cruisers with quite loooong torp ranges... who don't have to "rush in"... and probably face a way bigger torpedo deviation when firing them when turning than a DD with only maybe... what? 4.5 km range (Like Ochotnik).

So for me they do matter.

• Cool 3

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
1,564 posts
17,529 battles

Well. that's what flat earther people say too...:P

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
1,564 posts
17,529 battles

A lot of cruisers would like to have a LOT of words with you, now.......

• Cool 1

Players
480 posts
13,163 battles

Maybe next they can fix the 'you don't really want to fire torpedoes at that close target, you want to fire at that target off in the distance' no mater how many times you try to get the aiming reticle to lock on to the closer target. or the ' Oh you're making a hard turn, you don't want to fire your guns or torpedoes' bugs.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,392 posts
16,873 battles
11 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Never. Instead, they will raise the ship so it is sitting higher in the water with less draught, and a conveniently exposed citadel. :Smile_trollface:

Hovercrafts?

• Funny 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
1,564 posts
17,529 battles
2 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Hovercrafts?

Anything that flyes....or tries