Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Domize

Will there be any new operations in the future?

8 comments in this topic

Question

[VL-NL]
Players
10 posts
6,502 battles

Love this mode but i think they are getting a bit old. Will there be any new ones in the future?

7 answers to this question

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Korzár
577 posts
12,663 battles

According to WG staff Scenarios do not have priority. :Smile_sad:

So, maybe. In distant future. I hope.

I´m still waiting for for Cherry Blossom to return. I miss this Operation.

But nothing soon, I´m afraid.

• Cool 1

Players
778 posts
6,934 battles

I've asked this question in several live streams and the answer I often got was that WG has got its hands full with their new projects and balancing submarines so they might make it to randoms one day but the fact is that scripting new operations and programming AI to carry out several mission tasks in the given duration is very time-consuming and doesn't fit their business model. Think about it, selling fancy new ships/encouraging lootboxes is more profitable than expecting us to buy tier-restricted premium ships to play operations.  Ops like Dynamo were also exploited for free XP/credits farming which is another reason why Ops are not their priority. 

Though it would be nice if we could see a rotation every month with a new batch of operations like Dynamo, Cherry Blossom,Hermes and Ultimate Frontier 

• Cool 1

[KONI]
Players
45 posts
5,123 battles

Simple answer is NO! because they don't make any money, that's what I suspect the problem is. IIRC I remember something about how they did (or were going to) charge a small amount of doubloons for operations and everyone kicked up a fuss about it. (could be wrong though)

If they were charging for them you can bet your [edited] they'd be more!

[VL-NL]
Players
10 posts
6,502 battles

Really a pity if it's like you guys are telling me. Would have loved a few new operations/scenarios. And if i look at the comments i guess i'm not the only one.

• Cool 1

[CORAL]
Beta Tester
4 posts
14,703 battles

I think WG are missing the point amount monitising the scenarios. The point of the scenarios and come to that the campaigns is that they variety and a challenge to the game. New ships may earn money but if the player base shrinks because of boredom and lack of challenge how then is their attitude justified.  Scenarios are becoming glorified speed runs for the players who have memorised the AI ship appearances and timings. To introduce more AI randomness or even ship variety (ie drop the ship levels down to tier 5 for the players or even tier 4 against AI tiers of an even level would by itself give a different feel. WG have done different scenarios, How about changing Raptor rescue to Enterprise rescue and use tier 8/9 ships. How much effort would it take to put that in place?? I recall a night action scenario a while back that was a real white knuckle ride. What happened to that- cannot it be reintroduced??

To play the same 4 basic scenarios with the same AI ships and dispositions time after a time becomes less and less fulfilling or challenging. How much effort is required to refresh the campaigns and their challenges??

WG Staff
2,975 posts
970 battles
On 6/22/2021 at 12:39 PM, Domize said:

Love this mode but i think they are getting a bit old. Will there be any new ones in the future?

Hi Domize, 

As already mentioned by us and other players, at the moment, there is not any news regarding the implementation into the game of new operations. If the situation will change, though, we will let you know. 😊

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this