Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VedranSeaWolf359

which ship you suggest for steel Bourgogne, FDR or other?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
208 posts

I am close to 24.000 steel and I can take my first steel ship with discout cupon. Which ship you suggest for steel Bourgogne, FDR or other?

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,070 posts
9,310 battles

A little more information? Do you play CVs? Do you like them? Are you a BB main? Do you have a french captain? Do you play random? Co-op? Clan wars?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
829 posts

Bourgogne seems a popular recommendation as for FDR I advise against it, the ship is basically a crippled Midway that triggers people because of selective stats reading.

 

I advise waiting until you can afford 2 of the ships or until they get send to the Satan Box since you arent sure, that way you always have a fallback if you dont like it or something else shows up you would prefer.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,072 posts
8 hours ago, VedranSeaWolf359 said:

I am close to 24.000 steel and I can take my first steel ship with discout cupon. Which ship you suggest for steel Bourgogne, FDR or other?

 

We have Plymouth, Austin, Stalingrad, Bourgogne, Shikishima, and FDR

 

Plymouth is a high alpha, High utility ship. She has 16 guns, and they throw out a lot of crap, and 7.5 sec reload for 16 guns is pretty good.

She has very good utility. She lacks HE tho. She also have some belt armor to bounce even Bb shells. She is basically an Edinburgh on steroids.

Key to play this ship is in a support role for the team. She has good conceal and even torps for good measure. Very good ship and I don't get the she the hate she got

 

Austin is a unique American CL with insane burst dmg potential. She has HE and SAP. So she can dmg a lot of ships. She has one set of Fletcher torps per side. Unlike other cruisers, let alone Ultra CLs, she has 32mm plating. So she effectively counters 18 inch guns with angling. Only 18.1 inch guns and higher counter that and well, you don't have many of those, do you? She has fair AA defenses. She is one of the only American high tier cruisers without having radar, the other being Anchorage. In turn however she gets a RB. A very good RB that is. 75% cut from reload, and unlimited charges. This ship is pretty much nothing without that RB. She is quick and stealthy too. But its all about the burst she can apply. She is amazing with the team, as you can ambush the enemy so well. I high risk, high reward ship as one would say.

 

Stalingrad is a soviet super cruiser. She has good armor and HP, amazing guns, and good utility, at the cost of maneuverability and conceal. She can tank dmg fairly easily when angled, and deal dmg very well. She has the best cruiser AP in the game, with the best sigma at 2.65. She isn't as OP as it once was, but she is quite nasty to face. HE is kinda meh tbh, but you still blap DDs pretty hard. Her guns have a long reload for a cruiser tho. She is pretty much a BB at this point. She turns like a high speed train tho (which she is coz she is also has a good base speed) and the rudder shift is pretty meh. Her detection is pretty meh. This tells you that you have to play this ship mid to long range, as you don't have torps, you have a high freeboard, and weak broadside. You have Radar, to help your team with DDs. Overall a good ship.

 

Bourgogne is a unique BB. She is fast, fairly well concealed, and is kinda meh in armor. She has the lowest HP pool for a BB at T10, and has 32mm all around, which makes her an HE favourite for German DDs, IFHE Japanese DDs and CLs, all CAs, and BBs, and also overmatchable at all angles from Yamato and other 18.1 inch gun and higher caliber gun armed Bbs. What she does have tho, is insane speed, twelve 15 inch guns with good HE and AP, good reload and sigma, and she also gets the reload booster. She is another flanker like the main line French, but does it better coz the reload is good, speed is amazing, it has RB, and she has good detection. She can easily rush down a lone ship and kill it. She is quite fun while being competitive at the same time. Also good AA.

 

Shikishima is a Yamato with bigger and better guns at the cost of AP pen and number of guns, better secs, better AA, and better Rudder. She was quite fun to meme around with a sec build before the rework. Now she is just a Yamato with different guns. Performance wise, both are very similar, so its better not spend steel on Shiki, unless you want that gun sound so bad

 

FDR is a good CV. She has a lot of planes with stupidly high HP pools. In compensation, he planes are very slow, and they take a while to restore. She throws out a lot of bombs/torpedoes/rockets per attack flight. She is extremely hard to deal with in a CA, and impossible to deal with in a BB. DDs are sorta fine becoz of the rocket rework.

 

There is no best here, it depends on what your playstyle is, or what preference you have. If you want an all round good cruiser, Plymouth, if you want a high burst damage ship there is Austin and Bourgogne, if you want a good supercruiser, there is Stalingrad, if you like CVs, there is FDR. There are some unique playstyles in this list. So get what you like. 

 

Hopefully this helps you:cap_like:

 

 

Reposted this from another forum as I am to lazy to write:Smile_Default:

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
4,477 posts
Vor 8 Stunden, VedranSeaWolf359 sagte:

I am close to 24.000 steel and I can take my first steel ship with discout cupon. Which ship you suggest for steel Bourgogne, FDR or other?

Depends on if you want to play a ship in a ship game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,274 posts
24,001 battles

Got Bourgogne on my EU account the other day and Shikishima on the NA account, neither of which is any fun in CV battles, of which they are getting 50 to 60%.

FDR is out of the question of course. You can only pull the wings off so many flies before being bored to death.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

When i got the FDR the consideration played for me i fear they will withdraw it. Not because it is as OP as players claim but because players hate its ( time gated ) spike damage. And all hated ships ( Smolensk. Thunderer ) got withdrawn from availability.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
4,415 posts
16,500 battles
42 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

When i got the FDR the consideration played for me i fear they will withdraw it. Not because it is as OP as players claim but because players hate its ( time gated ) spike damage. And all hated ships ( Smolensk. Thunderer ) got withdrawn from availability.

 

 

I do have the same though and an about 5000 steel away.

 

Bourgogne is a very fun ship. Feels cruiser like to play due to its speed but good citadel protection and reload booster means it can also come in and murder things with AP in late game. 
 

Stalingrad to me feels more special due to those guns but it is clumsy with a very fragile broadside. A CV is very dangerous to it as the play is fairly static.

 

FDR Looks like one of the best CVs for people who aren’t great at CVS but IME most good CV players prefer the Midway.

I don’t have the FDR…. Yet.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
2 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I do have the same though and an about 5000 steel away.

 

Bourgogne is a very fun ship. Feels cruiser like to play due to its speed but good citadel protection and reload booster means it can also come in and murder things with AP in late game. 
 

Stalingrad to me feels more special due to those guns but it is clumsy with a very fragile broadside. A CV is very dangerous to it as the play is fairly static.

 

FDR Looks like one of the best CVs for people who aren’t great at CVS but IME most good CV players prefer the Midway.

I don’t have the FDR…. Yet.

 

I don't think the FDR is the best ship to pick for the steel but the nerf that crippeled most CV actually radically improved FDR for one of it squadron types. The long weapons lock after each attack and slow planes stay ofcourse.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,070 posts
9,310 battles

I got the FDR as my first and only steel ship. 500 battles later, no regrets. All the criticisms are fine. Potato CV, OP, annoying, whatever. I don't care. I make some credits and have fun win or lose. That, in my book, is an ok ship.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
208 posts
11 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

A little more information? Do you play CVs? Do you like them? Are you a BB main? Do you have a french captain? Do you play random? Co-op? Clan wars?

 I am mostly ranked playar and co-op and event like now grand battles in BB and CL From CV I have only Ark Royal got it from box  and sometimes I have fun with it but only with torpedo planes.

 

Bombs and rockets it to difficult to me in terms of amming since I as person with disability have problem in hands and fast eye to hands reactions (I put more info in my profile)

 

I already have heavy CL premium Puorto Rico and Alaska from BB I dont have any BB premium T10 only T9 Hizen and Pommeren from non Premiums I Have Montana and Grosser Kurfurst 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
208 posts
4 hours ago, totally_potato said:

We have Plymouth, Austin, Stalingrad, Bourgogne, Shikishima, and FDR

 

Plymouth is a high alpha, High utility ship. She has 16 guns, and they throw out a lot of crap, and 7.5 sec reload for 16 guns is pretty good.

She has very good utility. She lacks HE tho. She also have some belt armor to bounce even Bb shells. She is basically an Edinburgh on steroids.

Key to play this ship is in a support role for the team. She has good conceal and even torps for good measure. Very good ship and I don't get the she the hate she got

 

Austin is a unique American CL with insane burst dmg potential. She has HE and SAP. So she can dmg a lot of ships. She has one set of Fletcher torps per side. Unlike other cruisers, let alone Ultra CLs, she has 32mm plating. So she effectively counters 18 inch guns with angling. Only 18.1 inch guns and higher counter that and well, you don't have many of those, do you? She has fair AA defenses. She is one of the only American high tier cruisers without having radar, the other being Anchorage. In turn however she gets a RB. A very good RB that is. 75% cut from reload, and unlimited charges. This ship is pretty much nothing without that RB. She is quick and stealthy too. But its all about the burst she can apply. She is amazing with the team, as you can ambush the enemy so well. I high risk, high reward ship as one would say.

 

Stalingrad is a soviet super cruiser. She has good armor and HP, amazing guns, and good utility, at the cost of maneuverability and conceal. She can tank dmg fairly easily when angled, and deal dmg very well. She has the best cruiser AP in the game, with the best sigma at 2.65. She isn't as OP as it once was, but she is quite nasty to face. HE is kinda meh tbh, but you still blap DDs pretty hard. Her guns have a long reload for a cruiser tho. She is pretty much a BB at this point. She turns like a high speed train tho (which she is coz she is also has a good base speed) and the rudder shift is pretty meh. Her detection is pretty meh. This tells you that you have to play this ship mid to long range, as you don't have torps, you have a high freeboard, and weak broadside. You have Radar, to help your team with DDs. Overall a good ship.

 

Bourgogne is a unique BB. She is fast, fairly well concealed, and is kinda meh in armor. She has the lowest HP pool for a BB at T10, and has 32mm all around, which makes her an HE favourite for German DDs, IFHE Japanese DDs and CLs, all CAs, and BBs, and also overmatchable at all angles from Yamato and other 18.1 inch gun and higher caliber gun armed Bbs. What she does have tho, is insane speed, twelve 15 inch guns with good HE and AP, good reload and sigma, and she also gets the reload booster. She is another flanker like the main line French, but does it better coz the reload is good, speed is amazing, it has RB, and she has good detection. She can easily rush down a lone ship and kill it. She is quite fun while being competitive at the same time. Also good AA.

 

Shikishima is a Yamato with bigger and better guns at the cost of AP pen and number of guns, better secs, better AA, and better Rudder. She was quite fun to meme around with a sec build before the rework. Now she is just a Yamato with different guns. Performance wise, both are very similar, so its better not spend steel on Shiki, unless you want that gun sound so bad

 

FDR is a good CV. She has a lot of planes with stupidly high HP pools. In compensation, he planes are very slow, and they take a while to restore. She throws out a lot of bombs/torpedoes/rockets per attack flight. She is extremely hard to deal with in a CA, and impossible to deal with in a BB. DDs are sorta fine becoz of the rocket rework.

 

There is no best here, it depends on what your playstyle is, or what preference you have. If you want an all round good cruiser, Plymouth, if you want a high burst damage ship there is Austin and Bourgogne, if you want a good supercruiser, there is Stalingrad, if you like CVs, there is FDR. There are some unique playstyles in this list. So get what you like. 

 

Hopefully this helps you:cap_like:

 

 

Reposted this from another forum as I am to lazy to write:Smile_Default:

Thex for that great Info :cap_cool:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
829 posts
11 hours ago, gopher31 said:

FDR Looks like one of the best CVs for people who aren’t great at CVS but IME most good CV players prefer the Midway.

Oh no, FDR requires having at least a 10 points captain just to offset their "eats flak" problem and FDR is like Saipan with terrible number of planes of deck and regen so every plane loss is heavily felt and since they are slow as hell, so is their return flight.

 

The worst thing is strikes, you want to follow up but with that 20 seconds lock out and slow speed you end up in the trap of loitering over AA because you are waiting, FDR can blow the load earlier but that only works in co-op due to bot behavior were its a DPS race and you are sure to get some damage in before its over as deplane issues dont matter because its over before it really kicks in, the only advantage FDR have is that ... and its a T10 special ship so it have a somewhat improved economy.

 

There are two CV trainers in the game, one is Kaga because you have so many planes on deck as well large squadrons you learn how to attack and the other is Ark Royal since you can take her to operations and you learn how to preserve and manage aircraft as they are somewhat more durable even if slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×