Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Humorpalanta

Preventative maintenance for DDs

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,208 battles

Hey guys.

 

Just wanted to ask you a quick question.

 

Do you use Preventative maintenance on your DD setups? I run it on all my DD captains but I am starting to feel like it is utterly useless. Anytime a shell comes around my DD it blows something up. Doesn't even have to hit.

Gun is gone... Torps are gone... ENGINE gone ALL THE TIME. Rudder gone... (Yes I use Last Stand but still effin annoying)

 

Side question: When your torps get knocked out and you repair it what decides if it is still loaded and ready to fire or it starts from scratch? (I have tried to look for some reason but have experienced every possible combination ingame and I just gave up.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NECRO]
Players
4,477 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Humorpalanta sagte:

Do you use Preventative maintenance on your DD setups?

Betcha. If you have Yamamoto and Lütjens, it would be kind of a waste not to use that skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
797 posts
15,607 battles
18 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Side question: When your torps get knocked out and you repair it what decides if it is still loaded and ready to fire or it starts from scratch? 

Afaik: if they were loaded when damaged, they are loaded when repaired.

If loading while destroyed, they start loading from start after repair.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
7,547 posts
16,172 battles
24 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Do you use Preventative maintenance on your DD setups?

Yes - all the time. As you say, you still lose modules, but it would be even worse without PM...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,208 battles
2 hours ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Afaik: if they were loaded when damaged, they are loaded when repaired.

If loading while destroyed, they start loading from start after repair.

Na-ah. Many times my fully loaded torps knocked out and then after repair starts from like it was fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
7,547 posts
16,172 battles
19 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Na-ah. Many times my fully loaded torps knocked out and then after repair starts from like it was fired.

That shouldn't be happening - if it is, it's a bug, and time to mud-wrestle the customer service department...

 

The torps do need to be 100% reloaded though; 99.99999999999% won't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,208 battles
16 hours ago, Verblonde said:

That shouldn't be happening - if it is, it's a bug, and time to mud-wrestle the customer service department...

 

The torps do need to be 100% reloaded though; 99.99999999999% won't do it.

Nope. I have experienced it many times. Doing a torp rush, fully loaded torps. Gets hit. I repair. And it starts over. And then I am there like:

 

well-this-is-89699e3489.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,612 posts
4,043 battles
20 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Do you use Preventative maintenance on your DD setups?

Always, on every destroyer I have. Given how fragile my engine and other stuff is even with this skill, I imagine that without it the damage I take would actually carry over onto my PC...

:fish_boom:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
773 posts
14,169 battles

The torp reload thing is RNG as per my observations, that is why rushing in 1vs1 ranked was a gamble. 

I didn't know it was not supposed to be so. I will then report every occurrence of it. 

 

I use it and I have a feeling that some DDs just can't be helped. Someone shoots and your engine is knocked out if shell lands on same map. 

But try to run a DD without captain or without this perk and you should see a difference. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,208 battles

Again. 1 game in DD. Just spent 2 minutes ingame and 1 torp tube immediately knocked out... It is ridiculous. Both Preventative maintenance and Main Armament mod 1 on it... This is turning into a joke...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
778 posts
6,934 battles

Yes, on all DDs and this wasn't supposed to happen but it did. Rotten luck I guess. :cap_old: 

 

shot-21_06.07_11_39.54-0407.thumb.jpg.f5cedc7a9d92dc176e4564673dc0b16b.jpg

shot-21_06.23_18_32.58-0342.thumb.jpg.089d4bfeb644749480cfd65445dd4d51.jpg

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,072 posts
On 6/21/2021 at 9:53 PM, Humorpalanta said:

Hey guys.

 

Just wanted to ask you a quick question.

 

Do you use Preventative maintenance on your DD setups? I run it on all my DD captains but I am starting to feel like it is utterly useless. Anytime a shell comes around my DD it blows something up. Doesn't even have to hit.

Gun is gone... Torps are gone... ENGINE gone ALL THE TIME. Rudder gone... (Yes I use Last Stand but still effin annoying)

 

Side question: When your torps get knocked out and you repair it what decides if it is still loaded and ready to fire or it starts from scratch? (I have tried to look for some reason but have experienced every possible combination ingame and I just gave up.)

who doesn't

 

If torp was reloading and gets knocked, no crap sherlock, back to square 1

If torps were reloaded and they get kicke......I mean knocked out they stay loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_I_]
Players
1,509 posts
21,563 battles
On 6/22/2021 at 2:05 PM, Humorpalanta said:

Nope. I have experienced it many times. Doing a torp rush, fully loaded torps. Gets hit. I repair. And it starts over. And then I am there like:

 

well-this-is-89699e3489.jpg

Same here.

 

2 tubes are ready, but then one gets hit and its reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
3,522 posts
27,810 battles

classic problem of passives: u never can tell when it might does work, u only surely can tell when it does not work. thus, in doubt, one can get the imression of it not working at all, while indeed it does kick in on a sheetload of occasions unnoticed.

classic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×