Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MaKoZer

Cursed Ranked Games?

34 comments in this topic

[6-6-6]
Players
35 posts
6,404 battles

( currently bronze 4 and im completely stuck )

I dont know how to say it ...
but when i pick my fav T7 ship(nagato), i nearly always get the worst of the worst teams. LITERALLY. its common to have 1 - 2 afk, 1 - 2 "press w to suicide into enemys" and then its already a 7 vs 3.

Yeah, could be "bad luck" but im now at 4 wins in 21 Games and in those 4 won games i had 120-130k damage and 3-4 kills, so basically killed half of the enemys on my own.
Most of the games im best in my team and dont lose a rank/star but ... wtf?

and im NOT a sniper bb player ( nagato spread is too bad for this anyways ), i usually try to stay well angled to tank damage for my team.

statistically speaking, if i would be on my skill level there, i should have 50% winrate. but beeing usually the best in my team with avg ~70k damage, my winrate is nearly non existant,

anyone else experiencing the same? 

seeing afk/suicide teammates all the day along while losing nearly every match, except i kill 3+ ppl is totally frustrating ...

[BS4]
Players
1,547 posts
8,456 battles

Sounds like the usual weekend madness to me. Things allways drop skill and mentality wise as there can be  a lot more cooks, so to speak, of varying abilities.

Advice. don't flog a dead horse when its like this, take a break come back later. you will always play worse when frustrated and pissed off and its not like all your effort is being rewarded is it.

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
7,547 posts
16,172 battles
12 minutes ago, MaKoZer said:

Aye; it's the weekend though, which brings out the 'occasional' players, most of whom don't have the time to get good. I've spent far too much time on this game over the years, and my overall WR is only a measly 48% (plus change) - imagine how dreadful a lot of folk will be who only get to put in a couple of hours a week.

If you actually want to progress in Ranked, generally avoid playing at the weekend...

• Cool 2

[6-6-6]
Players
35 posts
6,404 battles
8 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Sounds like the usual weekend madness to me. Things allways drop skill and mentality wise as there can be  a lot more cooks, so to speak, of varying abilities.

Advice. don't flog a dead horse when its like this, take a break come back later. you will always play worse when frustrated and pissed off and its not like all you effort is being rewarded is it.

yeah, im already doing this.
lost 3 games in a row at friday
lost 3 games in a row yesterday
lost 3 games in a row today

if im frustrated, i stop playing because thats true, performance is just shitty then.

usually, a really bad pool of players should HELP because enemys have 7x the chance and you have just 6x the chance to get afk/suiciders.

its just .... cursed :cap_wander:

Aye; it's the weekend though, which brings out the 'occasional' players, most of whom don't have the time to get good. I've spent far too much time on this game over the years, and my overall WR is only a measly 48% (plus change) - imagine how dreadful a lot of folk will be who only get to put in a couple of hours a week.

statistically speaking, over a long run the main factor is the player ... when i see those crazy unicum players with 65% WR+ thats crazy

on my 2 most played ships i do have ~ 55% WR in 1000+games combined ( and i bet even more when i subtract 100 learning games ) and 100k+ dmg in avg

my beloved missouri has 57% WR in 120 games ...

but ranked stats are just madness 

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

Play another class ship if you get stuck.

That is a serious remark. It works.

If you later get stuck again, change again.

It does not mean  you  cannot  play your  favorite  ship  type anymore . It is meant  to get unstuck. 

• Cool 2

[UNNF]
Players
277 posts
18,924 battles

Just had a streak of 6-7  ranked games - steamroll from the start ( 2-3  players from our team dead in the first 3 minutes ) . 

Does not matter what ship you take - afk, zombies, tomatoes, potatoes & and all kind of vegetables in the team 

Anyhow need to cool the beer and put the steaks on the grill for the football game  :cat_cool:            Italy  joYpsiaYi4GDCqhSRAq5Zg_96x96.png  vs 1JjnDm6Es30LryHzbudyEw_96x96.png Wales

• Cool 2

Players
779 posts
6,934 battles

Relatable. That is why I stop playing it when I've collected all available steel during a sprint. 

There are far more fun games to grind than ranked in wg. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,072 posts
38 minutes ago, MaKoZer said:

but when i pick my fav T7 ship(nagato), i nearly always get the worst of the worst teams. LITERALLY. its common to have 1 - 2 afk, 1 - 2 "press w to suicide into enemys" and then its already a 7 vs 3.

Yeah, could be "bad luck" but im now at 4 wins in 21 Games and in those 4 won games i had 120-130k damage and 3-4 kills, so basically killed half of the enemys on my own.

and im NOT a sniper bb player ( nagato spread is too bad for this anyways ), i usually try to stay well angled to tank damage for my team.

statistically speaking, if i would be on my skill level there, i should have 50% winrate. but beeing usually the best in my team with avg ~70k damage, my winrate is nearly non existant,

seeing afk/suicide teammates all the day along while losing nearly every match, except i kill 3+ ppl is totally frustrating ...

Well I don't play ranked in the weekend, its infuriating

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,404 battles

It is so rare to land on a decent team in Ranked that literally the only reason I do so is to swipe a few quick rewards and duck out of it again.

Nothing is ever done to address poor play. Players are not grouped according to their skill. Potatoes should fight Potatoes. It's as simple as that.

It's not worth the time or effort to get to Gold. And for what? A bit of kudos? I can get that in real life, doing real things. 

The below picture was taken during an actual Ranked match I fought in recently. 

Food Fight: Potato vs Potato - YouTube

EDIT: I literally just logged out of a Ranked match mid-game because I am so sick of poor play. I will take whatever punishment is doled out on the nose. Unless WG does something to address this toxic game environment, players will begin leaving in droves.

If it's not happening already, that is. 

• Funny 2

[SLAPP]
Players
1,621 posts
9,843 battles

yes just stop playing for the day and try again the next

also try other ships. if 1 ship does not work try a better one.

Chain playing a ship that is clearly not working will not work in  your favour.

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,924 posts
15,588 battles

If you get stuck:

- stop for a bit 

- play a different ship or ship class 

Some ships work in randoms but not in ranked. Also it seems some ships work in different phases of ranked. 

But most importantly stop when you get frustrated.

[THESO]
Players
3,522 posts
27,810 battles
3 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Play another class ship if you get stuck.

That is a serious remark. It works.

Of you later get stuck again, rinse respect.

It does not mean  you  cannot  play your  favorite  ship  type anymore . It is meant  to get unstuck. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtfblA8D1q0nPMhsa7Py3

• Funny 1

[TF]
Players
168 posts
2,510 battles

I've had 3 wins out of 4 (saved star on the 4th) with french DD Vauquelin, that thing is a beast in 7v7 with no CV, success comes from unexpected places :cap_hmm:

[6-6-6]
Players
35 posts
6,404 battles
1 minute ago, TheRonson said:

How to lose players and support for the game ...play Ranks!   I am off and loading up MSFS

if you watch my games, i had over a year quit the game after the cv rework ... playing since some weeks again now :D

Players
229 posts

Yeah, I know the feeling, the game has gone from battles with Warships to Firefighting streaming in from 23k and hidden in smoke, or with 13k radar on, no tactics required just camp at the back to survive.  It a bit of a muppet game now!    What we need is a real-world of warships and this can be called Russian Fantasy Warships considering they never had a warship for 100 years.

Players
1,039 posts
6,089 battles
53 minutes ago, TheRonson said:

Yeah, I know the feeling, the game has gone from battles with Warships to Firefighting streaming in from 23k and hidden in smoke, or with 13k radar on, no tactics required just camp at the back to survive.  It a bit of a muppet game now!    What we need is a real-world of warships and this can be called Russian Fantasy Warships considering they never had a warship for 100 years.

While I sympathize with the spirit of your post, the details are so thoroughly wrong it’s hard not to focus on that.

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,924 posts
15,588 battles
9 hours ago, MaKoZer said:

if you watch my games, i had over a year quit the game after the cv rework ... playing since some weeks again now :D

Do you manage to enjoy it more now? Does the game feel worse than before your hiatus? 

I had a 1 year break and was much better able to isolate myself from WGs shenanigans.

[WRV]
Players
264 posts
536 battles
Vor 18 Stunden, MaKoZer sagte:

i pick my fav T7 ship(nagato),

i would say that BBs can only react

and to win games you need ships that take the initiative

and these are DDs and to some extent CL/CAs.

Spotting the reds, pushing smoked up DDs, create cap pressure are tasks that you want to do yourself.

The ship with the big guns can be played by a potato, (almost) no problemo

But when the scout starts to smoke itself or yolo braindead into the reds, than the win is in danger.

Dont react on the play of your scouts, be the scout (or scout support) yourself,

becasue doubleclicking every 30s can everybody, scouting/leading for/the team wins the match 

Beta Tester
2,728 posts
7,825 battles
1 hour ago, Adm_Andre said:

i would say that BBs can only react

and to win games you need ships that take the initiative

and these are DDs and to some extent CL/CAs.

Spotting the reds, pushing smoked up DDs, create cap pressure are tasks that you want to do yourself.

The ship with the big guns can be played by a potato, (almost) no problemo

But when the scout starts to smoke itself or yolo braindead into the reds, than the win is in danger.

Dont react on the play of your scouts, be the scout (or scout support) yourself,

becasue doubleclicking every 30s can everybody, scouting/leading for/the team wins the match 

If you're a good BB brawler player and get within 11km of enemy DDs you can make a difference though as the chances of those enemy DDs dieing first increases. Very important to control the torp lanes on you though so you can predict where they'll be. Sides with BBs that stay 2-3 grids away from cap zones lose due to losing their DDs first. Their front troops will have too much pressure on them. I've had solid winstreaks with my Izumo in silver and Cara in bronze, because I'm pushing hard and turning to bait in time, deterring cruisers and BBs from getting close enough to support their DDs well and breaking off a lot of enemy zone capture attempts.

Cara is very good with pure SAP in brawling, always deal significant damage to any ship you encounter (except DDs frankly), frontally or sideways if you always just aim at deck height or higher and is a very good choice to use against all the German and Russian BBs you encounter in bronze.

Izumo is good with the nose in for bouncing, but also at an angled retreat (allow say a Pommern to get within 7km while it's giving chase trying to get to torp range, your rear mounted secondaries will put it on fire, it'll bounce most shots and you can aim for deck/super structure height for 5-12K per hit).

Also enjoy taking up positions in mid where most players don't expect enemy BBs and rely on DDs to counter. Those DDs tend to be in the cap zones though, so you're relatively safe there. Just need to avoid crossfire threat and create your own. Get a lot of citadels on Russian BBs especially as they tend to keep their nose to the ships directly on the other side of the cap zone.

• Cool 2

[SERBS]
Players
602 posts
21 hours ago, MaKoZer said:

Its not your fault man, its Match maker who is rigging the games !!!!11!!!  the artificial inteligence program monitors your stats so you lose in critical moments because you get trash teams. they dont want people to rank out so fast but keep them playing longer time in that gamemode so its ^popular^ and somebody has to carry bad players in ranked so they dont quit the game. 

we had makarov  scandal and hidden AI "bugs" for years ,youre not alone many many good players notice this and agree.... MM watches your winrate all the time and wg algorhytm all the way from wot is working hard , and is there to mess you up. !

its rigggedddddd - fact! 

Beta Tester
2,728 posts
7,825 battles

*sarcasm-o-meter explodes*

460d3d70126e41e9a6eda9e42d8e27ee

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this