Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EpicGoldenCat

Legendary Dutch captain?

20 comments in this topic

Players
60 posts
4,713 battles

So there are new dutch cruisers coming to the game soon. Are we going to get a legendary captain for coal like Lütjens / Swirski etc, or maybe a campaign one like Halsey / Yamamoto? The new branch of the cruisers looks pretty solid and I would like to spend my coal on a captain for those. I think that we really should get a captain for the dutch navy considering the fact that every nation in the game right now has one (except for the pan asian, but they still have the 35k coal captain available in the armory).

[FALX]
Players
158 posts
6,672 battles

Yes, Michiel de Ruyter. https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/16

Unique Dutch commander Michiel de Ruyter with the following enhanced skills:

• For Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships: "Pyrotechnician" — chances of main battery HE shells causing a fire on target +1.5% instead of the standard 1%;
  • For Cruisers and Battleships: "Expert AA marksman" — priority sector AA damage +35% instead of the standard 25%.
  • Cool 1

Players
60 posts
4,713 battles
1 minute ago, MortuaEst_1 said:

Yes, Michiel de Ruyter. https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/163

• Unique Dutch commander Michiel de Ruyter with the following enhanced skills:
    • For Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships: "Pyrotechnician" — chances of main battery HE shells causing a fire on target +1.5% instead of the standard 1%;
    • For Cruisers and Battleships: "Expert AA marksman" — priority sector AA damage +35% instead of the standard 25%.

Seems like this one gets only enhanced captain skills and no talents?

[FALX]
Players
158 posts
6,672 battles
4 minutes ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

Seems like this one gets only enhanced captain skills and no talents?

We don't know yet. The Suzuki captains didn't have the "unique" designation and they didn't have any talents. In armory the captains with talents are "unique" while the ones just with skills are "seasoned". So maybe his talents are still work in progress.

Players
7,648 posts

Could we still get George Gaynes too? At least the likeness. We've had other actors before... :Smile_honoring:

[TF]
Players
168 posts
2,510 battles

The special Dutch commander is probably on holidays in the south of France like half the Netherlands every year, please come back in september.

• Funny 9

[TAYTO]
Players
960 posts
10,522 battles
3 hours ago, EpicGoldenCat said:

So there are new dutch cruisers coming to the game soon. Are we going to get a unique captain for coal like Lütjens / Swirski etc, or maybe a campaign one like Halsey / Yamamoto? The new branch of the cruisers looks pretty solid and I would like to spend my coal on a captain for those. I think that we really should get a captain for the dutch navy considering the fact that every nation in the game right now has one (except for the pan asian, but they still have the 35k coal captain available in the armory).

Let's start with a proper wiki page for the Dutch ships before we start asking for difficult stuff

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
335 posts
11,448 battles
4 hours ago, DB2212 said:

Let's start with a proper wiki page for the Dutch ships before we start asking for difficult stuff

Feel free to go and create the page you'd like to see - wiki is created and maintained by the community, as you are probably aware.

[BATES]
Players
1,120 posts
14,525 battles

I don't get why picking the great admiral of XVII century..are there no others captains of XX to use? Then I am waiting for Andrea Doria, Nelson, Jean Bart then...

• Cool 3

Players
1,318 posts
7,497 battles
1 hour ago, Aetius85 said:

I don't get why picking the great admiral of XVII century..are there no others captains of XX to use? Then I am waiting for Andrea Doria, Nelson, Jean Bart then...

Michiel de Ruyter is likely our most famous admiral, but I agree. Karel Doorman would've made more sense since he actually lived in the WoWs timespan.

• Cool 5

[NL69]
Players
68 posts
4,912 battles

dont care if it makes sence, im just happy i can have de Ruyter captain my Zeven Provinciën. :-D

but i agree, either Doorman, or "ship a day" Helfrich would have made more sense, looking at the other unique commanders (all WWII commanders i believe?)

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,426 posts
10,024 battles

Just for clarificarion:

Unique commanders:

• improved skills
  • blue background
  • e.g. the two Doe brothers

Legendary commanders:

• improved skills and perks
  • yellow background
  • e.g. Yamamoto
  • Cool 3

Players
60 posts
4,713 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

Just for clarificarion:

Unique commanders:

• improved skills
  • blue background

Legendary commanders:

• yellow background
  • e.g. Yamamoto

Ok then I meant legendary captain.

Players
6,338 posts
12,823 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

Just for clarificarion:

Unique commanders:

• improved skills
  • blue background

Legendary commanders:

• yellow background
  • e.g. Yamamoto

I don't see how De Ruyter could be anything but legendary. Not only was he the best and most respected admiral of his era (I mean go read up on the "Tocht naar Chatham" where there were strict orders to not loot any of the captured towns. Soldiers paid for their meals and even repaired civilian damages themselves before leaving the area when the English soldiers recaptured the towns and then looted them lol). I would argue that without his genius mind, chances are good that The Netherlands might not have even existed as an independent country today.

Still I find the choice to pick him as a Dutch captain for WoWS a bit strange. He sailed wooden ships not steel ones like Karel Doorman did.

My best guess would be this may have something to do with WG wanting to add a Dutch (premium?) carrier to the game and either one was named Karel Doorman? But this wouldn't make sense as the tech tree also has a ship named De Ruyter.

I mean the reason for picking him may just have been kinda trivial for all we know.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,426 posts
10,024 battles

Of course he will be a legendary commander.

Note how all unique commanders have generic names, but the legendaries have theirs real names. 

Players
6,338 posts
12,823 battles
13 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Of course he will be a legendary commander.

Note how all unique commanders have generic names, but the legendaries have theirs real names. 

You mean like Horace Hood? :Smile-_tongue:

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,426 posts
10,024 battles
5 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

You mean like Horace Hood? :Smile-_tongue:

Does he have improved skill? :Smile_glasses:

No?

So those are neither unique nor legendary. They are just money grabber. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,404 battles

It should be Karel Doorman. 

Historically relevant, and a genuine hero to boot.

KAREL DOORMAN!

Karel Doorman was a Dutch Rear Admiral who commanded ...

One of his skills could be "I am attacking, follow me" (which he is said to have uttered during the battle of the Java Sea), which, after sinking two enemy ships, makes his ship temporarily (say, 10-15 seconds) immune to fires and flooding, and adds 10% to his ship's speed.

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,426 posts
10,024 battles
22 minutes ago, LiveWire___ said:

It should be Karel Doorman. 

Historically relevant, and a genuine hero to boot.

I can take care of it wthin my mod, when I found a propper picture of Doorman. 

• Cool 2

[TAYTO]
Players
960 posts
10,522 battles
12 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

Feel free to go and create the page you'd like to see - wiki is created and maintained by the community, as you are probably aware.

Well, if knew the first thing about the ship, I might.
But I don't know the first thing about the ship or the skills needed to play her because there's no wiki.

Sign in to follow this