Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pukovnik7

Opinion - Why German Battleships Are The Best

36 comments in this topic

[D_G]
Players
598 posts
3,565 battles

(DIsclaimer: I have only played British Vanguard and French Dunkerque of other fast battleships, but almost no battleships in the game have German BBs brawling abilities or hydro, let alone combination of the two. So I do not think this is wrong).

Game Impact

Yes, German battleships do badly at geriatric zombie long-range fire spam mail meta. But if an opportunity presents itself, a German battlewagon can have more impact on the outcome of the match than any other battleship in the game. Between thick armour, murderous secondaries (though they still leave a lot to be desired) and a hydro (though only Tier VIII up), these ships are capable of not only properly supporting destroyers, but actively hunting down enemy destroyers and contesting caps. I will give you a Scharnhorst and a Tirpitz game for illustration, though I have been achieving the same in the Gneisenau and Bismarck. And Bismarck actually has the easiest time against enemy destroyers, thanks to its hydro, while Scharnhorst may be better at hunting destroyers than Gneisenau due to its larger number of main guns which are also of lower calibre - OTOH, Gneisenau has better secondaries, and these may well make her a better choice. It is situational.

1086255314_WorldOfWarships642021-06-1812-01-23-67.thumb.jpg.87d43b328c9e42b0aef2c9e6b8dbee62.jpg

122794118_WorldOfWarships642021-06-1815-28-43-67.thumb.jpg.f6d3d7a39fc5665e84ba137793283704.jpg

The point is, games are very rarely won merely by doing more damage to the enemy. Even those that are, happen as a result of a team attempting to achieve objectives. And one of major objectives is cap control. Because of this, a battleship that is capable of pushing up with a destroyer, and supporting the destroyer with his main battery, secondaries and a hydro, is worth more than a battleship - or two battleships - that have remained camping in the back and spamming HE. Even if the enemy destroyer survives - or, even, is not damaged at all - merely forcing him to retreat can be a massive advantage. Potentially a game-winning one, since now the enemies have to push into a defended cap. In fact, I have realized that, in supporting a destroyer in such a manner, I can have far more game influence than by playing a destroyer myself - because such kind of support is rarely forthcoming otherwise, unless by accident.

Fun Factor

To sum it up: secondary builds are a load of fun. Yes, you have to survive through the braindead zombie long-range HE spam stage to get there, but once you do get the chance to get stuck in, you will praise the Wargaming for these ships. As nerfed as they are, German battleships are still by far more fun ships to play, and some of the most lethal.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles
38 minutes ago, Pukovnik7 said:

(DIsclaimer: I have only played British Vanguard and French Dunkerque of other fast battleships, but almost no battleships in the game have German BBs brawling abilities or hydro, let alone combination of the two. So I do not think this is wrong).

Game Impact

Yes, German battleships do badly at geriatric zombie long-range fire spam mail meta. But if an opportunity presents itself, a German battlewagon can have more impact on the outcome of the match than any other battleship in the game. Between thick armour, murderous secondaries (though they still leave a lot to be desired) and a hydro (though only Tier VIII up), these ships are capable of not only properly supporting destroyers, but actively hunting down enemy destroyers and contesting caps. I will give you a Scharnhorst and a Tirpitz game for illustration, though I have been achieving the same in the Gneisenau and Bismarck. And Bismarck actually has the easiest time against enemy destroyers, thanks to its hydro, while Scharnhorst may be better at hunting destroyers than Gneisenau due to its larger number of main guns which are also of lower calibre - OTOH, Gneisenau has better secondaries, and these may well make her a better choice. It is situational.

1086255314_WorldOfWarships642021-06-1812-01-23-67.thumb.jpg.87d43b328c9e42b0aef2c9e6b8dbee62.jpg

122794118_WorldOfWarships642021-06-1815-28-43-67.thumb.jpg.f6d3d7a39fc5665e84ba137793283704.jpg

The point is, games are very rarely won merely by doing more damage to the enemy. Even those that are, happen as a result of a team attempting to achieve objectives. And one of major objectives is cap control. Because of this, a battleship that is capable of pushing up with a destroyer, and supporting the destroyer with his main battery, secondaries and a hydro, is worth more than a battleship - or two battleships - that have remained camping in the back and spamming HE. Even if the enemy destroyer survives - or, even, is not damaged at all - merely forcing him to retreat can be a massive advantage. Potentially a game-winning one, since now the enemies have to push into a defended cap. In fact, I have realized that, in supporting a destroyer in such a manner, I can have far more game influence than by playing a destroyer myself - because such kind of support is rarely forthcoming otherwise, unless by accident.

Fun Factor

To sum it up: secondary builds are a load of fun. Yes, you have to survive through the braindead zombie long-range HE spam stage to get there, but once you do get the chance to get stuck in, you will praise the Wargaming for these ships. As nerfed as they are, German battleships are still by far more fun ships to play, and some of the most lethal.

Secondary builds come with CQC tactics, else they do not work.

I you understand CQC tactics and got in optimal medium-short range unmolested, then Secondary builds do work.

And yes running through campers that dont want to fight CQC is fun. It is also unlikely they survive that....either by the secondary build specific supriority in that range, or the ram.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
744 posts
8,032 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

All BB work well, when played well.

On avergage is looks like this:

image.thumb.png.9055fe2a9e5b023faa79e72a0416a062.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20210612/eu_2month/average_ship_u.html

These are the BB tech trees, ranked by winrating, excluding the US BB split.

and now filter by top players

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
32,415 posts
16,212 battles
3 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

and now filter by top players

We do not have the numbers.

[D_G]
Players
598 posts
3,565 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Secondary builds come with CQC tactics, else they do not work.

I you understand CQC tactics and got in optimal medium-short range unmolested, then Secondary builds do work.

And yes running through campers that dont want to fight CQC is fun.

CQC is always fun, no matter what is going on. But yeah, watching enemy battleship or a cruiser panic and give me a broadside in a hurry to run away to a more comfortable range is hilarous. But, it does require a lot of thinking: being able to predict where torpedoes might come from (I can't count the number of times when I avoided torpedoes simply by blindly turning because I thought there *might* be a destroyer lurking around and there *might* be a torpedo wall approaching along the edge of that island), knowing strong and weak points of both your ship and that of the opponent (armour scheme, weapons, etc.) and so on. And that is where much of the fun lies.

18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

All BB work well, when played well.

On avergage is looks like this:

image.thumb.png.9055fe2a9e5b023faa79e72a0416a062.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20210612/eu_2month/average_ship_u.html

These are the BB tech trees, ranked by winrating, excluding the US BB split.

I don't disagree with that, but there are still differences in playstyle, and consequently differences in the ability to affect outcome of the games. Of course, a good enough player can make any ship work, but for majority of players, characteristics of a ship do matter.

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,592 posts
9,150 battles

Best food for everything else tbh. And no great plays or unicum moves won't change that.

• Cool 1

[_I_]
Players
1,489 posts
21,490 battles
11 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Best food for everything else tbh. And no great plays or unicum moves won't change that.

Much too poor rear turret angle and to use them one takes massive damage from regular pens.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,645 posts
29,037 battles
47 minutes ago, Pukovnik7 said:

being able to predict where torpedoes might come from (I can't count the number of times when I avoided torpedoes simply by blindly turning because I thought there *might* be a destroyer lurking around and there *might* be a torpedo wall approaching along the edge of that island)

Pro tip: not being late into battle 4,5 minutes helps a lot :Smile-_tongue::Smile_trollface::Smile_honoring:

shot-21_06.19_00_01.42-0644.thumb.jpg.81663d45d175d01ee0d15530cc55e308.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[CHEFT]
Players
744 posts
8,032 battles

The thing about GK is, she is german. Which naturally attracts a lot of very bad players (a trend that can be seen with nearly all german ships). Also, she is very weak if you play her the wrong way (backline sniper/pushing into the whole enemy team) while there are ships as thunderer which are very very easy to play but not as influential to a game, even when played right

[TACHA]
Players
510 posts
962 battles
3 hours ago, geschlittert said:

I agree, GK is an insanely underrated T10 BB, one of the best at winning games

I think the German line peaks at T5-8. When I seek FdG or GK, I just think: food. Gneisenau for me is the underrated German BB. That thing is murderous.

[CHEFT]
Players
744 posts
8,032 battles
1 minute ago, SodaBubbles said:

I think the German line peaks at T5-8. When I seek FdG or GK, I just think: food. Gneisenau for me is the underrated German BB. That thing is murderous.

I am sorry, but a well played GK is about the scariest BB at T10 if there is no carrier. Able to zone out huge chunks of the enemy team

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
510 posts
962 battles
44 minutes ago, geschlittert said:

I am sorry, but a well played GK is about the scariest BB at T10 if there is no carrier. Able to zone out huge chunks of the enemy team

I guess, though, they are almost never well played. That's been my experience, Ranked, Randoms, whatever. It's a difficult BB to play well, I am terrible in it. In many other T10 BBs you can stay at range and do significant damage. But in GK you have to move up, and that's an iffy move in the current T10 meta.

• Cool 1

[D_G]
Players
598 posts
3,565 battles
8 hours ago, Profilus said:

Pro tip: not being late into battle 4,5 minutes helps a lot :Smile-_tongue::Smile_trollface::Smile_honoring:

I know. I really have to talk to my game client not to crash at inconvenient times. And I was really looking forward to that battle...

8 hours ago, Nibenay78 said:

Much too poor rear turret angle and to use them one takes massive damage from regular pens.

Well, no need to use all four gun turrets - on a single target, anyway. Usually, I angle only so much as is necessary to get the secondaries firing. Rear turrets I leave loaded as a contingency for anything unexpected (sneaky destroyers, sneaky cruisers, need to pull a U-turn and withdraw...).

6 hours ago, SodaBubbles said:

Yeah - Gneisenau and Scharnhorst are excellent at hunting destroyers, and a team witout destroyers...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,513 posts
27,672 battles
10 hours ago, Pukovnik7 said:

(DIsclaimer: I have only played British Vanguard and French Dunkerque of other fast battleships, [...]

"Opinion - Why German Battleships Are The Best"

sry, but in this statements i see no base for a grounded opinion. nice if u like german bb's, me as well, but i just dont see how u could rate it. neither by experience, nor u did by stats...

njoy exploring the other lines ;).

btw: fast bb's are considered to go at least round mid 30'kts+ i'd say and/or having speedboost consumables. the germans and the vanguard are imo def'o not in that realm

• Cool 1

[D_G]
Players
598 posts
3,565 battles
1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

"Opinion - Why German Battleships Are The Best"

sry, but in this statements i see no base for a grounded opinion. nice if u like german bb's, me as well, but i just dont see how u could rate it. neither by experience, nor u did by stats...

njoy exploring the other lines ;):-

First this is not rating, this is personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

Second: which other lines do you know that can get stuck in with destroyers and provide them close support effectively? French have turtleback but armour is too thin and secondaries have weird angles. Lack of rear turrets on more than a few battleships is also a disadvantage, plus they have too few turrets, meaning that they lose a lot of firepower when one of those is knocked out - which is quite likely at this kind of ranges. Quad turrets are also more likely to get knocked out in the first place because they are such large targets. All other battleship lines, as far as I am aware, have either no turtleback, bad secondaries, or both. Japanese Amagi has no forward strakes to protect citadel from frontal pens, and while her side armour is angled she has no turtleback. She does have 140 mm secondaries so there is that. US Kansas has vertical 343 mm belt, and her fore-end armour belt a) does not extend to the front of the ship and b) is underwater. Her secondaries are also only 127 mm. North Carolina is the same, except she has 305 mm vertical belt and no forward strakes. Vladivostok is same, though she does have 370 mm belt and 152 mm secondaries, so she is slightly better overall. I actually played King George V on the test server, and she likes to brawl about as much as you can expect: very slow-turning turrets, no turtleback, and is covered in 26 mm plating so she burns nicely, and often. Her 330 mm turret face armour also makes her turrets rather vulnerable, and secondaries are nothing to write home about either. Richelieu does have turtleback, but far thinner than German battleships, and has no rear turrets, though I expect her turrets to have good angles and turn reasonably well so not all is bad - but only two very large turrets is a big disadvantage at a range where enemy can actually target them.

Third, you forget that I had been playing against Tier VIII ships ever since I reached Tier VI... And I still remember when I started figuring them out: I actually started learning Tier VIII gameplay at that time by observing the Tier VIII players I was going up against, and also learning about particular ships' strengths and weaknesses ("Ok, a King George V... powerful HE, accurate... scary at a distance, but squishy up close... she is not going to close in if she can help it. Bismarck, better avoid her, maybe some opportunistic HE shots? French, good AP and turret traverse, but thin armour - try to engage from the rear or outflank, but avoid the turrets, especially up close").

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,513 posts
27,672 battles
1 hour ago, Pukovnik7 said:

First this is not rating, this is personal opinion.

nah lol, it is a rating by personal opinion... which is a bit of a contradiction in it self, but yeah....

Take it or leave it.

Second: which other lines do you know that can get stuck in with destroyers and provide them close support effectively? French have turtleback but armour is too thin and secondaries have weird angles. Lack of rear turrets on more than a few battleships is also a disadvantage, plus they have too few turrets, meaning that they lose a lot of firepower when one of those is knocked out - which is quite likely at this kind of ranges. Quad turrets are also more likely to get knocked out in the first place because they are such large targets. All other battleship lines, as far as I am aware, have either no turtleback, bad secondaries, or both. Japanese Amagi has no forward strakes to protect citadel from frontal pens, and while her side armour is angled she has no turtleback. She does have 140 mm secondaries so there is that. US Kansas has vertical 343 mm belt, and her fore-end armour belt a) does not extend to the front of the ship and b) is underwater. Her secondaries are also only 127 mm. North Carolina is the same, except she has 305 mm vertical belt and no forward strakes. Vladivostok is same, though she does have 370 mm belt and 152 mm secondaries, so she is slightly better overall. I actually played King George V on the test server, and she likes to brawl about as much as you can expect: very slow-turning turrets, no turtleback, and is covered in 26 mm plating so she burns nicely, and often. Her 330 mm turret face armour also makes her turrets rather vulnerable, and secondaries are nothing to write home about either. Richelieu does have turtleback, but far thinner than German battleships, and has no rear turrets, though I expect her turrets to have good angles and turn reasonably well so not all is bad - but only two very large turrets is a big disadvantage at a range where enemy can actually target them.

Third, you forget that I had been playing against Tier VIII ships ever since I reached Tier VI... And I still remember when I started figuring them out: I actually started learning Tier VIII gameplay at that time by observing the Tier VIII players I was going up against, and also learning about particular ships' strengths and weaknesses ("Ok, a King George V... powerful HE, accurate... scary at a distance, but squishy up close... she is not going to close in if she can help it. Bismarck, better avoid her, maybe some opportunistic HE shots? French, good AP and turret traverse, but thin armour - try to engage from the rear or outflank, but avoid the turrets, especially up close").

:Smile_amazed:... well, u know... i didnt mean to start any discussion nor theory crafting here ^^... there's more to ships than their actual characteristics, it's about to use these. richelieu f.e. can take on a bismarck anytime. in doubt it just gonna he it to hell... anyways, nice if u like it.

still all of that doesnt change anything about my comment b4 ^^...

btw, imo there's no "best" line in this regard. there's a lot of different lines (and the ru ones :Smile_trollface:), some subpar, some superior in their playstyle. and, actually, that's what matters way more than all that theorycrafting: the question if u can play  a ship/line to it's strenghts!

fyi: firechance on all classes is by tier.... so, any t8 bb got the same basechance to catch a fire as the others.

*imo!: u may play em too aggressive btw.... survive longer and u'll see the end of what they're capable off! mid to late match to go in and farm down wounded ships left and right, that's their thing.... not to yolo in for some quick shots and die!

**king george is a turdship.... imo....

2cts, got no more

• Cool 1

[D_G]
Players
598 posts
3,565 battles
14 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

:Smile_amazed:... well, u know... i didnt mean to start any discussion nor theory crafting here ^^... there's more to ships than their actual characteristics, it's about to use these. richelieu f.e. can take on a bismarck anytime. in doubt it just gonna he it to hell... anyways, nice if u like it.

Well, if Richelieu plays anything at all like Dunkerque, her best chance is to get in cover, and ambush enemy battleships from side at close range. I know that Dunkerque's dispersion makes destroyer-hunting and long-range sniping an absolute hell in her.

23 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

*imo!: u may play em too aggressive btw.... survive longer and u'll see the end of what they're capable off! mid to late match to go in and farm down wounded ships left and right, that's their thing.... not to yolo in for some quick shots and die!

How do I help destroyers, then?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,513 posts
27,672 battles
18 minutes ago, Pukovnik7 said:

Well, if Richelieu plays anything at all like Dunkerque, her best chance is to get in cover, and ambush enemy battleships from side at close range. I know that Dunkerque's dispersion makes destroyer-hunting and long-range sniping an absolute hell in her.

the speed is what makes french bb's. the ability to rule the engagement. not necessrily kiting ofc lol, but dodging. mid to far range. not too far though, no one likes snipers :Smile_trollface:.... HE is kinda good on these ships btw, ap got veeery good pen close to mid.

How do I help destroyers, then?

the kinda worst thing, imo, one can do in german bb's: go in at the start to try to bring secs to shine. it won't work... one simply gets focussed down. u support dd's in the start by shoot at any open dd or radar ship! midrange in the start is the position to go, be ready to kite. yes, armor shine closeup the most, but this is why it's even more important to preserve some hp for later on.

as soon as the situation on ur flank cleans up, like it's gettin shaped out who's reigning here, the chance to really shine comes in. u already know how situational sec builds are, good. seek the situation! sneak up later on, use islands to ur benefit to cover up ur flank and try to pick others up one by one. around 8kms the pwn lies, imo. trick is to not get focussed down! and if so, make it count, make em pay by time and potential.

if ur side collapses, go into a postiion where u can delay the enemy best. always pick up exposed ships, or ships pushing flanks. here it's the same as when one pushes: use the environment, try to partly hide, have an exit strategy and manage ur hp. sometimes it's better to wait for the heal than to get some more shells in... in this scenario they're coming to u anyway.

on range ofc u kinda get more vulnerable to ap, but simply the chance to survive longer and have more impact in the end might should lead ur path.

my own referrence on german bb's, personals are (up to slightly lol) inferior):

Spoiler
1 Tirpitz 8 Germany 1 393 59.15% 2 068 60 551 1.01 2.32 Details
2 Grosser Kurfürst 10 Germany 669 58% 1 638 86 406 0.94 2.48 Details
3 Scharnhorst 7 Germany 658 59.42% 1 636 54 035 1.12 2.31 Details
4 Bismarck 8 Germany 366 62.3% 1 789 65 355 0.96 3.79 Details
5 Friedrich der Grosse 9 Germany 298 59.73% 1 567 63 933 0.84 2.74 Details
6 Gneisenau 7 Germany 245 56.33% 1 604 56 500 1.12 3.95 Details
7 Pommern 9 Germany 192 58.85% 1 480 78 520 0.86 2.51 Details
8 Prinz Eitel Friedrich 6 Germany 105 65.71% 1 419 53 080 1.18 4 Details
9 Odin 8 Germany 33 66.67% 1 443 69 274 1 3.55 Details
10 Bayern 6 Germany 26 53.85% 1 521 50 984 1.04 1.62 Details
11 König Albert 3 Germany 16 56.25% 1 773 55 745 1.75 0 Details

• Cool 1

[D_G]
Players
598 posts
3,565 battles
11 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

the kinda worst thing, imo, one can do in german bb's: go in at the start to try to bring secs to shine. it won't work... one simply gets focussed down. u support dd's in the start by shoot at any open dd or radar ship! midrange in the start is the position to go, be ready to kite. yes, armor shine closeup the most, but this is why it's even more important to preserve some hp for later on.

Personally, I try to find an island close to a cap where I can peek out from in the case destroyers need me. But yeah, I learned early on that JustRushingInTM doesn't work. So I escort the destroyers to the caps, sit there in cover, and if enemy destroyer (or any other ship) enters the cap to threaten the destroyer(s), then I bring my secondaries to bear. Probably still too aggressive, though, but it does work... well, most of the time.

24 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

as soon as the situation on ur flank cleans up, like it's gettin shaped out who's reigning here, the chance to really shine comes in. u already know how situational sec builds are, good. seek the situation! sneak up later on, use islands to ur benefit to cover up ur flank and try to pick others up one by one. around 8kms the pwn lies, imo. trick is to not get focussed down! and if so, make it count, make em pay by time and potential.

Yeah, that is roughly what I try to do... but I try to do it perhaps too early, because - as I said - my primary goal in the early game is to ensure that whichever destroyer(s) are closest to me survive for as long as possible. And that often involves killing enemy destroyers fighting them, which means that I often immediately go and hug the islands at the edge of the cap, occasionally peeking out to bring my guns to bear whenever I see a chance to help out.

32 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

if ur side collapses, go into a postiion where u can delay the enemy best. always pick up exposed ships, or ships pushing flanks. here it's the same as when one pushes: use the environment, try to partly hide, have an exit strategy and manage ur hp. sometimes it's better to wait for the heal than to get some more shells in... in this scenario they're coming to u anyway.

Thanks.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,513 posts
27,672 battles
1 minute ago, Pukovnik7 said:

Personally, I try to find an island close to a cap where I can peek out from in the case destroyers need me. But yeah, I learned early on that JustRushingInTM doesn't work. So I escort the destroyers to the caps, sit there in cover, and if enemy destroyer (or any other ship) enters the cap to threaten the destroyer(s), then I bring my secondaries to bear. Probably still too aggressive, though, but it does work... well, most of the time.

Yeah, that is roughly what I try to do... but I try to do it perhaps too early, because - as I said - my primary goal in the early game is to ensure that whichever destroyer(s) are closest to me survive for as long as possible. And that often involves killing enemy destroyers fighting them, which means that I often immediately go and hug the islands at the edge of the cap, occasionally peeking out to bring my guns to bear whenever I see a chance to help out.

i took freedom to have a look into ur stats. the survival rate and dmg is kinda low, wr rather good. u seem to have ur successes that lane down, it just not pays out for the whole cousre of most matches i guess (dmg and xp wise?). playing it a bit more conservative in the start still will let u place ur mainbattery fire for supporting dd's.

the good old days of sec builds are gone! ifhe GK sec pwn, like 40k within a few mins on a nose on missouri: gone! nowadays it's best effect is to set fires and incapacitate modules on lighter ships. i still run my gk with leg mod on full sec build, dont get me wrong. but the dmg potential one can dish out in short time just got crippled.

in that position u likely< gonna focussed down first by any HE slinger around. goin dark and ur own arcs wont benefit it u a lot at matchstart in such position. tear down cruisers and dd's from distance first, extinct the bb's closeup might get u more far.

gl and enjoy. it's one of my fav lines as well, 4 sure my most played..... like em a lot :Smile_great::Smile_honoring:

Thanks.

u're welcome :Smile_Default:

[_I_]
Players
1,489 posts
21,490 battles
3 hours ago, Pukovnik7 said:

I know. I really have to talk to my game client not to crash at inconvenient times. And I was really looking forward to that battle...

You really should tell it to not crash :P

3 hours ago, Pukovnik7 said:

Well, no need to use all four gun turrets - on a single target, anyway. Usually, I angle only so much as is necessary to get the secondaries firing. Rear turrets I leave loaded as a contingency for anything unexpected (sneaky destroyers, sneaky cruisers, need to pull a U-turn and withdraw...).

After checking my stats, it seems I do okay in GK, yet I don't like or play her much just for the above reasons. Even kiting away but still within secondary range, I feel it's not a issue to grind down GK while playing Montana due to the huge superstructure and ease to score regular hits. Not firing the rear guns makes a massive impact in my eyes.

That said, Montana could use a buff ;) I love doing drive by shooting with it. :cap_like:

[D_G]
Players
598 posts
3,565 battles
31 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

i took freedom to have a look into ur stats. the survival rate and dmg is kinda low, wr rather good. u seem to have ur successes that lane down, it just not pays out for the whole cousre of most matches i guess (dmg and xp wise?). playing it a bit more conservative in the start still will let u place ur mainbattery fire for supporting dd's.

I know. Damage is low (as is hit rate) I believe in part because I prioritize shooting enemy destroyers - especially in the Scharnhorst. It is not good for raising average damage, but it is good for winning - even if I fail to kill the destroyer I am shooting at, HE shells (as crappy as German HE is) often do break modules, weapons, or even incapacitate the ship. And if that destroyer is currently fighting one of my team's destroyers... yeah.

35 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

the good old days of sec builds are gone! ifhe GK sec pwn, like 40k within a few mins on a nose on missouri: gone! nowadays it's best effect is to set fires and incapacitate modules on lighter ships. i still run my gk with leg mod on full sec build, dont get me wrong. but the dmg potential one can dish out in short time just got crippled.

Can it cripple modules on enemy destroyers? If so, then it is still good.

36 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

in that position u likely< gonna focussed down first by any HE slinger around. goin dark and ur own arcs wont benefit it u a lot at matchstart in such position. tear down cruisers and dd's from distance first, extinct the bb's closeup might get u more far.

That is why I seek cover. And how do you hit DDs from distance anyway? Even an attentive cruiser player will be able to avoid long-range shots. From what I have seen, long-range combat is basically battleship (and Russian CA) duels.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this