Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Northern_Nightowl

Forum technology / translations question

4 comments in this topic

Players
139 posts
5,705 battles

Hello,

I see sometimes a posting of some random member. As it is to be expected here, it's in English. But if this post happens to be quoted, it could be that the quoted text is now in some other language (until now, I saw Turkish and French). The remainder of the thread with those occurrences is in English.

What's this? How does it come? Some translation technology must of course be included in the data processing until the forum page is served to my browser, but I am curious what exactly happens. I'm envisioning that it could be either some automatic translation courtesy of Google via the Chrome browser or some kind of forum GUI effect.

Looking forward to an explanation - Nightowl :-)

• Cool 1

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,480 posts
7,310 battles

The forum itself does not translate user content. The only thing that depends on your selected language is the user interface itself, including stuff like the headers of quotes (the one that says when it was written and who was quoted, not the actual content).

If user content gets translated it's most likely your browser that translates it automatically or the browser of someone else that translated a quote before posting it.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this