Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PsychoClownfish

It's coupon day! MARCEAU!!

23 comments in this topic

Players
214 posts
9,990 battles

So I got the Marceau last night. I am not a DD player much, and I own one (1) French ship, the Courbet. 😂😂 But I had all this coal, did not feel like getting the Yoshino and saw a bunch of mostly favorable reviews. 

Man this thing is insane. She's really way too fast for me, I have trouble keeping up with the Akizuki, that speed demon. But what's more, she's too fast for my old laptop! Literally, the thing can't keep up with the way Marceau covers distance. Shooting and doing 53 knots at the same time is a stretch. 

I only have a 10 point captain on her, because I've been planning to grind the French BB line but I don't have the stomach for it. Marceau will see the captain gain points more quickly. 

Her speed is kind of disorienting, I am used to Daring and recently ZF-6, or Kagero and Akizuki. I honestly have to recalibrate my spatial awareness when Marceau is on speedboost, which is most of the time. But so much fun!

I'd love to hear what other think of her, or Kleber for that matter.

• Cool 8

[SHAD]
Players
4,410 posts
16,429 battles

Don’t worry, the speed is even more disorientating for the enemy!

Great little ship whether murdering DDs or raining fire on battleships from 13km.

• Cool 2

Players
2,417 posts
9,506 battles

One of the few ships which actually makes you smile, whether you win or lose.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,400 posts
20,491 battles

Hi all,

25 minutes ago, PsychoClownfish said:

So I got the Marceau last night. I am not a DD player much, and I own one (1) French ship, the Courbet. 😂😂 But I had all this coal, did not feel like getting the Yoshino and saw a bunch of mostly favorable reviews. 

Man this thing is insane. She's really way too fast for me, I have trouble keeping up with the Akizuki, that speed demon. But what's more, she's too fast for my old laptop! Literally, the thing can't keep up with the way Marceau covers distance. Shooting and doing 53 knots at the same time is a stretch. 

I only have a 10 point captain on her, because I've been planning to grind the French BB line but I don't have the stomach for it. Marceau will see the captain gain points more quickly. 

Her speed is kind of disorienting, I am used to Daring and recently ZF-6, or Kagero and Akizuki. I honestly have to recalibrate my spatial awareness when Marceau is on speedboost, which is most of the time. But so much fun!

I got mine this morning... I will alternate my "Mogador" and "Kleber" captains on it for testing purposes (or, possibly, create new hybrid one from BB captain with unused DD skill set)...

8Z1u2py.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
6,055 posts
23,154 battles
11 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Enjoy the Marceau, fun ship to play!

Would there be a chance for me to too get a ship to enjoy?
As I don't like T9/T10 meta and gameplay right now I'm left with Flint, Marblehead and Lazy... sorry.. Lazo left to buy for coal. Would be fab if there would be some interesting ships ~T3 to T6 available for coal.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
3,548 posts
15,744 battles
1 minute ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Would there be a chance for me to too get a ship to enjoy?
As I don't like T9/T10 meta and gameplay right now I'm left with Flint, Marblehead and Lazy... sorry.. Lazo left to buy for coal. Would be fab if there would be some interesting ships ~T3 to T6 available for coal.

Happy to pass it along but I fear that there won't be any new content for the mid Tiers with Coal or Steel in the foreseeable future - most mid-Tier ships are now part of arcs as premiums / reward ships. I know it's not what you want to hear but I rather set up clear expectations here.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[NORAY]
Players
324 posts
6,489 battles
4 minutos antes, Deckeru_Maiku dijo:

would be some interesting ships ~T3 to T6 available for coal.

I enjoy a lot with Gallant

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,518 posts
27,718 battles
1 hour ago, PsychoClownfish said:

oh, well then :Smile_Default:.....

2019-WELCOME-SHOW-BANNER.jpg

first off u gonna overextend allover lol, it's called warpspeed ;). but, after u got a feeling for the speed...... :cap_rambo::Smile_izmena::Smile_playing:

*edit:

some of the most independent ships. baguette dd's are making addictive, while being borderline op. true carry boats if one can play em out right! btw, speedtanking probably atm is the best way to oppose cv attacks, while in these ships one can take on like almost any other ship 1 on 1. no matter the tier difference (with exceptions ofc).

p.s.: open flanks are ur friend, islands suX!

[VIBES]
Players
1,220 posts
22,939 battles

Yup, the Marceau is a beast (a mako shark, likely).

It's not even about the damage, though you can use islands to farm quite well. Imho it's just the speed, which gives you tremendous map coverage and influence. As long as you don't rush the early game, you should be able to exploit the gaps in the enemy formation later on, and you have the speed and AA to go murder their CV if you so choose.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,293 posts
13,080 battles

I also got mine this morning, while I was at work. Will look at her this evening....exciting times!

• Cool 1

Players
4,887 posts
21,308 battles

Very fun ship to play! Congrats.

My coupon goes to one of the steel ships (I have none now because I have Flint and Black now coal lulz). I'm torn between Bourgogne, Austin, Plymouth or FDR. That last one just be be a troll every now and then since it's the ultimate troll carrier, except boring ASFK. And Fk Stalingrad.

I'll play mostly RNDM and RNKD - no competetive. What to do what to do...

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

One of the few ships which actually makes you smile, whether you win or lose.

Yep, this and the Khabarovsk have the same effect on my enjoyment of the game ...

Players
214 posts
9,990 battles
1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

oh, well then :Smile_Default:.....

2019-WELCOME-SHOW-BANNER.jpg

first off u gonna overextend allover lol, it's called warpspeed ;). but, after u got a feeling for the speed...... :cap_rambo::Smile_izmena::Smile_playing:

*edit:

some of the most independent ships. baguette dd's are making addictive, while being borderline op. true carry boats if one can play em out right! btw, speedtanking probably atm is the best way to oppose cv attacks, while in these ships one can take on like almost any other ship 1 on 1. no matter the tier difference (with exceptions ofc).

p.s.: open flanks are ur friend, islands suX!

Overextend? As in "What's this button do then?" "Oh F**K I'm in the enemy spawn!! 👀😂"  Nah that never happened. ;)

• Funny 1

[VIBES]
Players
1,220 posts
22,939 battles
Just now, Europizza said:

I'm torn between Bourgogne, Austin, Plymouth or FDR

The FDR looks great to farm achievements (and downvotes), but since they don't give flags anymore I don't really see the point. She was built in steel, though...

The Austin looks fairly close to the Colbert, which is great for stress relief but also very hard to play, at least with my "skills".

Honestly, I think I'll just get Plymouth for the versatility.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,518 posts
27,718 battles
2 hours ago, PsychoClownfish said:

Overextend? As in "What's this button do then?" "Oh F**K I'm in the enemy spawn!! 👀😂"  Nah that never happened. ;)

AG9v.gif ah yeah... 1st matches, fun times :Smile_veryhappy:

[-TPF-]
Players
4,946 posts
20,183 battles

I was going to buy one of these. Should all take them out in Grand Battles and troll the Chubby BBs with them? 

[SHAD]
Players
4,410 posts
16,429 battles
8 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I was going to buy one of these. Should all take them out in Grand Battles and troll the Chubby BBs with them? 

I was wondering what might be good against these super battleships. Marceau should BBQ them nicely!

Beta Tester
6,055 posts
23,154 battles
5 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Happy to pass it along but I fear that there won't be any new content for the mid Tiers with Coal or Steel in the foreseeable future - most mid-Tier ships are now part of arcs as premiums / reward ships. I know it's not what you want to hear but I rather set up clear expectations here.

Greetings, Crysantos

Thanks... I noticed that the Gallant is now available for coal, and if I wouldn't have it in my harbour already for when she was available from a mission she would be a candidate to spend my coal on :Smile_coin:

Players
214 posts
9,990 battles
3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

That would be a riot! 😁

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,518 posts
27,718 battles
12 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

sad asashio is sad :Smile_sad:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this