You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drake2711

I wonder at what time this game became an addiction despite not being fun anymore

36 comments in this topic

[-DRG-]
[-DRG-]
Players
8 posts
9,933 battles

I just tried my hand at two so called 'Grand battles' and have to say... what a pile of crap!

1 CA/CL, a few DD and huge amount of BB in queue. And seemingly (have not counted them) not even full games but a reduced numbers of ships. Why do I even start this game anymore... I do not know... it must be some kind of addiction but it certainly is not for the quality of the game play anymore (and this does not take into account the other players).

Back in the day with the Fujin, the first premium i bought, I had soooo much fun and played hours upon hours of this game, but nowadays... It just feels like getting a fix.

Sorry, just rambling but... do not know... why is it that the so called 'Grand battles' feel like a huge disappointment...?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
1,995 posts
10,843 battles
1 ora fa, Takethatyoubeast ha scritto:

I’ve only played 2 Grand Battles and had over 190 BB’s queuing 😂

230+ here

• Funny 1

Players
3,301 posts
10,874 battles
2 hours ago, Drake2711 said:

it must be some kind of addiction

5dnrst.thumb.jpg.797d19dbcda7b4ebe24b208b5c5ddcbe.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[XTREM]
Players
2,255 posts
16,158 battles

The object is leisure - to have fun. If you're just logging in for a fix, it's time to sit down and think about needs to be done for your own well-being. 

If you think you're actually addicted, then try to discipline yourself and stop, or take a break. If you'd rather not then cut back on the amount of time you spend playing, maybe even only play on odd-days, while filling your time with other things.

If you can't manage on your own, then seek professional advice. 

• Cool 5

[UNNF]
Players
277 posts
18,909 battles
2 hours ago, Drake2711 said:

. Why do I even start this game anymore... I do not know... it must be some kind of addiction

Never smoke video games. This is a before and after effects of injecting  one video game. And I thought meth was bad. - 9GAG

Nah, can not be an addiction :cap_hmm:

• Funny 14

[LUZ1]
Players
1,912 posts
15,579 battles

Stop!

Meditate.

Go back to your very earliest memories of playing WoWs.

Remember what made the game fun.

Cry and mourn for what you have lost.

Make a resolution that you will only play WoWs in the way it was: a game that was fun.

Don't grind, don't stat pad, don't farm damage, play the game in its original, innocent state.

Only you can beat the monster.

Now open your eyes and be that reborn WoWs player!

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
8,796 posts
44,801 battles

Playing solo I wouldn't ever play that much as I played. Over 56% of my games are in divisions.

Players
1,064 posts
9,298 battles

Maybe quit for a while. I'm getting a new PC (my rig is 13 years old) and I'm looking forward to quite a few games other than WoWs. Also, on an unrelated note, been playing LA Confidential with my wife and it's a great "play together" game! Be well.

• Cool 1

Players
1,064 posts
9,298 battles

Damn. I just noticed I have 7999 battles. I have to play one more. It's not addiction, I swear. Maybe a bit obsessive, though :P

• Funny 1

Players
769 posts
6,915 battles

It's not really an obsession but more like a commitment towards long-term goals be it grinding a line up to Tier 10 or collecting rare resources so you can buy a rare ship and feel better about yourself.

WoWS stopped being 'fun' or 'entertaining' when they took a different approach by making you pay/grind for gimmicky special ships rather than scripting more operations based on history-inspired events. 

• Cool 3

Players
769 posts
6,915 battles
8 hours ago, LiveWire___ said:

Me when logging in:

Happy gamer stock vector. Illustration of addict, male ...

Me after my first couple of losses:

600px-Explosive_Rage.jpg.f9bf0d7648cf5fe50b7c667acfe967c9.jpg

"Ranked" players this season really got some pent up rage that's starting to show in-game chat:Smile_izmena:

Players
2,769 posts
21,115 battles

Admittedly I play this game way too much, I have hardly played anything else since it came out, but looking at the appalling sub project that will be my test. If it’s still as bad when it goes live I intend to quit, then I will find out if I was just loyal or addicted to wows. 

In general though, I try to make it a rule the second I’m getting frustrated playing I stop and go do something else, In relation to grand battles though I am quite enjoying it a lot of big cowardly BB players who hang back spamming HE, ideal for a destroyer to hunt (once you get past the enemy team DDs of course). 

• Cool 4

Players
6,338 posts
12,813 battles
11 hours ago, Big_Daddy5 said:

image.jpeg.81416903fceb2ccc66a4dbb6dc6ad1c8.jpeg

Would have been perfect if it had a little spiderweb in one of the glasses corners :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

Players
6,338 posts
12,813 battles

Oh and btw, for me this moment comes when afterwards I feel sorry or regret after having wasted time with any activity really. Same reason I don't watch TV anymore and haven't for many years now. If I quit a game and then wonder "why did I just spend 5 hours on this?", then it's time for me to rethink my motivations and perhaps change something (which I often actually do).

• Cool 4

Players
7,639 posts
14 hours ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

I’ve only played 2 Grand Battles and had over 190 BB’s queuing 😂

Ha! Closer to 300 for me. :cap_haloween:

This is the biggest problem for this mode, everyone's playing BB's too much to begin with, and then WG goes and adds two super BB's just for this event...:Smile_facepalm:

The mode itself is semi interesting, because it is tier X but with fewer players, the battles will be more dynamic, fast paced and less prone to produce island camping. These factors are a plus in my book. :cap_book:

As for the addiction, there's two easy ways to solve it.

1. Do not buy premium time.

2. If you buy premium time do not buy it 'in bulk'.

3. Screw the missions and the pitiful rewards you may receive (while sometimes ending up paying for them as well.)

4. Play missions very selectively, if you do.

5. Play only for fun.

Okay, so, that's actually five ways , I was never very good at math. Should have gone to school in Japan (as their is no 'F' in Japanese).

• Cool 2

[VIBES]
Players
1,239 posts
23,043 battles
Just now, lovelacebeer said:

Admittedly I play this game way too much, I have hardly played anything else since it came out

Ditto, though at some point I took a break to try Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, which I recalled a childhood friend of mine's father playing some 20 years ago while we were building Legos on a playdate...

Turned out to be a superb game, in case anyone's interested. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 3

[TOXIC]
Players
1,132 posts
5,920 battles

How many addictions are actually fun? :Smile_unsure:

I've dipped my toe into the waters of GBs and quite enjoyed them, though I'm treating it a bit like Bronze ranked and playing DDs that I'm grinding. The number of BBs in queue means there's nearly always some straight-liners in each battle and my torpedoes thank them for it. I might take one of those super BBs out eventually but I've only got 8m credits in the bank so outfitting them will nearly wipe me out and I'm not going to waste my time taking out an unequipped ship.

In short, it's a fun enough way to test the accuracy accumulator gimmick but there's no real difference between it and randoms. If you enjoy it, good. If you don't, do something else.

brDIcyR.gif

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
433 posts
16,433 battles
12 hours ago, LiveWire___ said:

Me when logging in:

Happy gamer stock vector. Illustration of addict, male ...

Me after my first couple of losses:

600px-Explosive_Rage.jpg.f9bf0d7648cf5fe50b7c667acfe967c9.jpg

Spot on!!!

[GW_KR]
Players
433 posts
16,433 battles

Addiction? Yes!

I try not to commit to anything major in the game. The last has been the dockyard events. Only missed the first. 
No clan wars since it means aiming for and holding specific times and social ”bonds” with the clan. For some this is the fun part, for me it would be a stress with an odd-times full time job. I play when I can and try and treat ranked, brawl, missions and events and new ship lines as opportunities to grind and test. 
But I have played virtually no other game since 2017. 😳😬😱😂

It’s still fun. But the better I become the more annoying obvious idiot play becomes. And i dont like that feeling. 
The addiction is to see the next ship. The next battle. Become better and smarter. The feeling of having it under control and balancing om the edge. 
Still havent been able to try grand battle however. But I would like to in order to see how good the sbbs are as farming pinatas. 😀

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,401 battles

54 minutes ago, BrinklyWolls said:

How many addictions are actually fun?

Sex.

Smiley PNG