Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

The Armory: New Ships, Premium Containers, and Rewards

13 comments in this topic

Players
264 posts
246 battles

Very nice lots of choice, lots of shiny stuff...sadly you lost me as a paying customer on both accounts with the Xmas crate ripoff and an almost total disregard for game balance and player feedback . World of Warplanes totally bombed as a game so your turning world of warships into a hybrid game. Planes, planes, planes subs planes, planes. I don't see anyone asking for more planes in fact the over proliferation of planes is frustrating and unbalances the game even more is the overwhelming feeling of the majority of the player base and CC's who you also stopped listening to a long time ago.

But i think we figured out WoW's is based on create a problem to sell the solution to that problem type of marketing .Credit where credit is due, WG are excellent at that sales strategy, and if it's making you a ton of money then your just going to keep doing it and to hell with a fun and balanced game . I predict strong AA ships in the near future as you magically "listen to the community" and produce new premium ships to balance all the planes in game. Hopefully people wake up soon and stop purchasing these completely over priced shiny items you make obsolete a few months after purchase anyway to encourage that next must have purchase.

• Cool 6

[IJN]
Players
138 posts
4,041 battles

If deemed necessary, balance changes may be applied to flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dc premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII Tone.

Yeah, how about we start with reducing the cool down of its aircraft preperation time down to 2 minute like Ise at ''tier 6'' and not one whole minute longer for a hybrid that facing ships with AA power rating of 80% or more on average  ? 

And not even its aircraft HP or torp damage are increased despite it is two tiers higher than the Ise, this balancing decision doesn't make much sense.

As SLM said, it is not worth picking over the Ise which has more armor and can spawn aircraft more often (10 times per game vs 6 times per game) with Ise you're also most of time facing lower tier ships with little to no AA defense unlike the Tone which can face tier 10 and 9 on regular basis and its tier 6 planes do not last long, the Ise is also much cheaper.

Spoiler

Unless they give the plane 2 minute cooldown like Ise or aircraft HP increase or torp damage increase, don't waste your money on it.

[-RNR-]
Players
1,419 posts

Another new ship for the Naval Train Research Bureau and More Junk for Coal :Smile_facepalm:

Buyer Beware I have the Tone, The Planes are Dire at T-8 and with a stupidly long reload time  they are Bad, Get Up-tiered they are a Joke :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

Players
43 posts
2 hours ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Very nice lots of choice, lots of shiny stuff...sadly you lost me as a paying customer on both accounts with the Xmas crate ripoff and an almost total disregard for game balance and player feedback . World of Warplanes totally bombed as a game so your turning world of warships into a hybrid game. Planes, planes, planes subs planes, planes. I don't see anyone asking for more planes in fact the over proliferation of planes is frustrating and unbalances the game even more is the overwhelming feeling of the majority of the player base and CC's who you also stopped listening to a long time ago.

But i think we figured out WoW's is based on create a problem to sell the solution to that problem type of marketing .Credit where credit is due, WG are excellent at that sales strategy, and if it's making you a ton of money then your just going to keep doing it and to hell with a fun and balanced game . I predict strong AA ships in the near future as you magically "listen to the community" and produce new premium ships to balance all the planes in game. Hopefully people wake up soon and stop purchasing these completely over priced shiny items you make obsolete a few months after purchase anyway to encourage that next must have purchase.

IMO the torp situation is far, far worse than just planes. I understand these add more torps to the mix, but they're so low damage that sometimes it's better to just shoot your guns.(I have Ise, not Tone though) Meanwhile every cruiser and every DD has a gajillion torps going everywhere with 10k damage a pop and 8-20km range, makes for not very fun gameplay. And they'll be adding subs, so hey, more torps. Most of the maps just kinda don't work well with this I'd say. Would be a lot better for balancing to nerf torp damage, planes are limited anyway.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,815 posts
1,060 battles

image.png.9d2973fecb4e7d9718c13e1f022f6fcb.png

Please don't keep her stuck in lootboxes.

• Cool 2

[IJN]
Players
138 posts
4,041 battles

I'm wondering what is the reason for the forth turret to not be able to rotate in 360 degree despite there is more than enough space for the gun barrel to pass through ?

2088966537_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_06.18-21_25_48_12.thumb.png.d35fbbbfbd39fc347b6dd8b580c404be.png420992484_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_06.18-21_25_51_83.thumb.png.aa9b845f5fb02d1be735dedaa5bcb184.png

And with the Tone's second turret which is placed in ''superfiring'' style, this turret can rotate in 360 degree willl this feature also be implemented to other ships like Atago or Myoko since one of their turrets are placed in the similar manner ?.

Spoiler

1579291697_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_03.19-02_08_21_14.thumb.png.60f8b4487a724622439d5854246109a6.png53625387_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_03.20-02_41.48_03.thumb.png.a45d0ad2c824e7e5d7a4b31d7408faa3.png

[POP]
Beta Tester
289 posts
10,087 battles
7 hours ago, lmperial_Japanese_Navy said:

I'm wondering what is the reason for the forth turret to not be able to rotate in 360 degree despite there is more than enough space for the gun barrel to pass through ?

Probably historical reasons. Wikipedia, while not always accurate, says the following "No. 3 and No. 4 turrets trained through after arcs" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone-class_cruiser#Armament

[IJN]
Players
138 posts
4,041 battles
52 minutes ago, MixuS said:

Probably historical reasons. Wikipedia, while not always accurate, says the following "No. 3 and No. 4 turrets trained through after arcs" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone-class_cruiser#Armament

Well, if it is because of historical performance then fine i guess, although it is hard to believe that WG actually cares for historical accuracy at all.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,480 posts
23,891 battles
3 hours ago, lmperial_Japanese_Navy said:

Well, if it is because of historical performance then fine i guess, although it is hard to believe that WG actually cares for historical accuracy at all.

They care for it only as far as it can give them a reason to make a real ship worse than a napkin design.

[POP]
Beta Tester
289 posts
10,087 battles
4 hours ago, lmperial_Japanese_Navy said:

They care if it means a nerf, unless it's a Soviet ship.

[IJN]
Players
138 posts
4,041 battles
On 6/20/2021 at 12:14 PM, Aragathor said:

They care for it only as far as it can give them a reason to make a real ship worse than a napkin design.

On 6/20/2021 at 1:12 PM, MixuS said:

They care if it means a nerf, unless it's a Soviet ship.

You folk have got a solid point there :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this