You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
totally_potato

New rocket mechanics in Detail

409 comments in this topic

Players
2,018 posts

image.thumb.png.ba70f0f33427e0a6538b54fb712999ba.png

image.thumb.png.4d6f2d5bea2c90c26ef988e8db7cbd42.png

image.thumb.png.26c74d10cbeeb91105d97fc4172b7cb4.png

image.thumb.png.e2bdaf424d5983ddbafedb106248ef7f.png

image.thumb.png.0a1c3075255a5dbfc1b7f2795a4da936.png

image.thumb.png.7ffb3b69fa5bab69398db84e3d1b162d.png

Ok so lemme get this straight

You screw over the Japanese CVs hard. British CVs are kinda fine since you carry crap ton of rockets, US CVs also get a fair nerf, and German CVs are kinda fine

Except you nerf the Graf Zeppelin AGAIN??!!

Tiny Tims now look even more towards the heavy ships weapon. I honestly don't get it

I am a pretty average CV player

So can someone explain the impact of these changes?

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
289 posts
12,157 battles

This is a 5th straight nerf to Saipan. gg [edited] who thought this is a good idea.

• Cool 3

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles
1 hour ago, totally_potato said:

I am a pretty average CV player

So can someone explain the impact of these changes?

It is supposed to make CV solo hunting DD (much) more difficult if you don't have allies spotting the DD. This because last second adjustment to hit targets you attack by guessed estimation ( you dont see them but guess where they must be ) become much harder and probably will not do full damage.

- You still can hit - low mobile - DD accuratly in and around caps spotted by allied ships.

- Hunting DD without allied spotting will be much more difficult. This includes defending your own CV !

Ofcourse CV can throw out their own spotter consumable but DD can counter that by shooting it down. DD should have their AA switched off in all other situations, unless they are Haland or Friesland with boosted DFAA that can actually defeat whole squadrons. Other DD should not even attempt that, and only kill CV spotter planes with it. DD with switched off AA are VERY hard to find without flying right over them, and very hard to line up against if you dont see them untill the last moment. The latest nerf increases that difficulty somewhat more.

Solutions :

- Hit - low mobile - DD that your allies spot..... Just help your allied DD's defeat the enemy one(s)

- Switch to ( Light ) Cruisers. ....these take a lot of damage from rockets too, and are the 2nd prio that should be killed after DD anyways. ( next step in the food chain of match influential ships as these kill YOUR sides DD )

Problems :

- Many team mates will have to get used to CV not being able to just hunt down DD on their own anymore. Spot them ok, but kill them without help.....cannot depend on it.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 2

[P7S]
Players
309 posts

After a short play in training room against moving bots (Gearing, bot setting: active/unarmed; mind, the bots once in the cap start to move slowly) with Graf Zeppelin (3.9 s delay time) I may say the rocket planes are dead. This was against DDs that were spotted by the Carrier itself (secondary guns OFF). Hitting any DD in combat situation is impossible now. This is with GZ attackers that are nimble and allow to preadjust reticle before the lock on.

Of course, according to Elrazer it is easier to hit DDs than before, lol.

• Cool 8

[P7S]
Players
309 posts
2 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

So acutally a good change? 

Yes, until subs are released, so playerbase hysteria will move towards those. Then CV will start to be buffed.

With the exception of RU CVs that will likely have the shortest delay time.

• Cool 2

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,586 posts
16,759 battles
Just now, Vbeest said:

Yes, until subs are release, so playerbase hysteria will move towards those. Then CV will start to be buffed.

CVs steel are in bad need of many many nerfs, but well each nerf is good :p

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[P7S]
Players
309 posts
6 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

CVs steel are in bad need of many many nerfs, but well each nerf is good :p

Yes, nerfing good, until your ship is nerfed, then it's bad.

Mature WoWs playerbase in action.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,586 posts
16,759 battles
Just now, Vbeest said:

Yes, nerfing good, until your ship is nerfed, then its bad.

nop not really, unitl CVs will get balanced a bit 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 5

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
289 posts
12,157 battles

If anyone sais its easier to hit DDs now must be a re tard. You literally have 5 sec delay and on top of that DD can see roughly where your rockets will land.

Even hitting a full speed BB is harder now, you have to pre aim roughly 3-5 sec ahead and since you cant ajust it after, if BB turns in instead of sailing straight you will miss most of your rockets.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[P7S]
Players
309 posts
4 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

nop not really, unitl CVs will get balanced a bit 

The rocket plane change is not 'a bit'. It is a sledgehammer.

Doesn't matter which ship class would be changed like that, a change of such magnitude shows well how poorly managed this game is.

• Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[LCFM]
Beta Tester
237 posts

The rocket planes are dead now. I have tested it. I have stopped using them as CV player. They are asbolutely useless now!

• Cool 8

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,586 posts
16,759 battles
1 minute ago, Vbeest said:

The rocket plane change is not 'a bit'. It is a sledgehammer.

Doesn't matter which ship calls would be changed like that, a change of such magnitude shows well how poorly managed this game is.

Like infis fire nerf, Ifhe nerf? Flooding nerf? New skill tree? camone, just first nerf to cvs from very very long time mua think it is good thing. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
565 posts
7,599 battles
7 minutes ago, Vbeest said:

You see Comrade

Russian CVs dont have attack planes that could suffer from this nerf.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[P7S]
Players
309 posts
Just now, Tanaka_15 said:

Like infis fire nerf, Ifhe nerf? Flooding nerf? New skill tree? camone, just first nerf to cvs from very very long time mua think it is good thing. 

I expressed my opinion above.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,497 posts
23,955 battles

I'm not a CV player and in my opinion this nerf was really unneeded. Shows how incompetent the devs are.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 6

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles

This is surely felt as a huge nerf practically not making DD worth your while.....all rockets have become much like FDR rocket planes really, but much worse with locked controls. ( and locks are a very unenjoyable feature of FDR too )

The lock that freezes controls  in the last seconds is really what makes them virtually useless versus evading DD now, despite leading the DD correctly.

Well (Light) Cruisers it is......they are less slippery. :Smile_teethhappy:

This particular DD was not hit by me, but killed by my spotting. But i dont really feel attracted to being a spotter only, i want credits and score too....... So either my aiming improves with practise or i'll skip attacking DD with rockets and kill (Light) Cruisers in their stead. That is what i do with FDR rockets too.

I am however quite puzzled how you are supposed to defend your CV from DD now, if you dont have HE bombers.....we already have established you really dont have to count on the 4-5 km secondaries that shoot at the moon instead of the DD. Kaga's 200 mm guns can really use a more realistic range and accuracy now.....Same goes for other CV with a good complement of secondary guns.

mg.jpg

• Cool 1

[MBHH]
Players
1,062 posts
Vor 37 Minuten, _Robertas_ sagte:

If anyone sais its easier to hit DDs now must be a re tard. You literally have 5 sec delay and on top of that DD can see roughly where your rockets will land.

Even hitting a full speed BB is harder now, you have to pre aim roughly 3-5 sec ahead and since you cant ajust it after, if BB turns in instead of sailing straight you will miss most of your rockets.

So everything is fine? I like it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[_I_]
Players
1,489 posts
21,490 battles
44 minutes ago, Vbeest said:

Yes, nerfing good, until your ship is nerfed, then it's bad.

I have 4 tier X CVs. Please nerf them to the ground.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[_I_]
Players
1,489 posts
21,490 battles
42 minutes ago, Navinor said:

The rocket planes are dead now. I have tested it. I have stopped using them as CV player. They are asbolutely useless now!

We can only hope. But then again its not like you have to actually blast DDs to kill them. The occational pass at the opportune moment will take care of it.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,600 posts
13,227 battles

I am not going to break my self imposed abstinence from WoWs but next week I ll go back to my Kami and have a go at it...

Lets see...

• Cool 2

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,586 posts
16,759 battles
56 minutes ago, Navinor said:

The rocket planes are dead now.

Rocket planes should never be a thing in first place. 

• Cool 16
  • Bad 1

Players
2,745 posts
24,559 battles
1 hour ago, Navinor said:

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[PISH]
Players
522 posts
4,909 battles

I'd exchange RN rockets for bouncing bombs. Its a travesty the Germs and Ruskis got them considering who the Dam Busters were..

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles
1 hour ago, Navinor said:

Who says you have to shoot DD with them ?

CV players will have to adapt....they will still hit all kinds of Cruisers and set fires to BB. 

But yesterday half the forums thought i was attacking some players personally when i showed ( with a falling graph ) what will happen if you depend on hunting DD for WR. I think now is becoming clear that was really not that far from what really is going to happen. Because hunting Cruisers is far less influential for a match assured win then killing the enemies DD fast.

If i am right the stats of players that depend on killing DD for their WR will react to the nerf automaticly.