Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
arttuperkunas

Super battleships and the future of WOWS

37 comments in this topic

Players
1,005 posts
5,995 battles

Just tested the new gamemode; picked the Satsuma for the batte. It was a Yamato, only slightly Yamato-er. The only good thing about it was that it had the Shikishima gun sound, which was delicious.

As for the battle itself... 1 CV, 4 BBs (most of which were super-BBs), and 4 dds per side. No cruisers. The numbers in the queue furthermore reflect this.

The match was, as person playing a BB, absolute shait. The CV and the DDs banded together to farm the BBs, and the DDs ran rampant without any radar cruisers to check them. Our CV was a FDR, who of course concentrated on farming rather than spotting/attacking DDs. It was like looking through a window into the future of WOWS, where deadeye never got removed. Hell, we might still end up there anyway :).

Will not be playing a BB in this gamemode again if I can help it. I just wish it was T8-11 so I could bring my Asashio :/.

(btw just on first impressions the Hannover seems a lot better; it has some pretty nasty armor, and the secondaries are wacko)

• Cool 4

[WRV]
Players
264 posts
535 battles

Sounds fun, will test it later

Always nice to farm some BB

How are the rewards? I have some T9 DDs that can see some grind.

Players
1,005 posts
5,995 battles
Just now, Adm_Andre said:

Sounds fun, will test it later

Always nice to farm some BB

How are the rewards? I have some T9 DDs that can see some grind.

Battle rewards seemed to be normal randoms, which is good - there's a lot of potatoes playing the gamemode so it's easy to rack up pretty big scores.

There are also some combat missions and stuff that give rewards specifically for this gamemode.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,118 posts
19,687 battles

A mode about super BB and their even bigger guns - while overabundance of BB already is the ultimate bane of all CA - made all the CA players disappear? Who would have thought...

Same for the class that counters BB the most, DD.

• Cool 5

Players
1,005 posts
5,995 battles
2 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

A mode about super BB and their even bigger guns - while overabundance of BB already is the ultimate bane of all CA - made all the CA players disappear? Who would have thought...

Same for the class that counters BB the most, DD.

Yes, as my OP implied, this was entirely predictable based on the deadeye debacle. 

• Cool 2

Players
2,745 posts
24,559 battles
9 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

The match was, as person playing a BB, absolute shait. The CV and the DDs banded together to farm the BBs, and the DDs ran rampant without any radar cruisers to check them. Our CV was a FDR, who of course concentrated on farming rather than spotting/attacking DDs. It was like looking through a window into the future of WOWS, where deadeye never got removed. Hell, we might still end up there anyway :).

After reading the preview of this mode: Did you expect anything else? 

In a mode that features super-BBs do you really think CA/CL would like to play it bcs they love getting lol-cit-penned from any angle? 

Also think of the irony: Supis are supposed to be a "what if CVs werent invented class" (WG states it that way) and then allows CVs! ROFL!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[EXCEL]
Players
88 posts
14,523 battles

Well lets  all wait till the "Super Carriers" join in the fun :cat_cool:

Players
1,005 posts
5,995 battles
Just now, Prophecy82 said:

After reading the preview of this mode: Did you expect anything else? 

In a mode that features super-BBs do you really think CA/CL would like to play it bcs they love getting lol-cit-penned from any angle? 

Also think of the irony: Supis are supposed to be a "what if CVs werent invented class" (WG states it that way) and then allows CVs! ROFL!

I make no claims either way, the above was just a "review" from a disinterested observer. I went in with essentially no expectations, and the above was what I found.

• Cool 2

Players
1,005 posts
5,995 battles
8 minutes ago, Lexxmac said:

This implies that T10 carriers are not already "super". Maybe the super carriers will launch "smaller" carriers like FDRs from their flight deck.

WG nothing to see here. Alternatively, gib check in mail when implemented plz

• Funny 2

[EXCEL]
Players
88 posts
14,523 battles

Please delete that or we gona get it in Update 10.7.8 :cap_wander:

Players
1,005 posts
5,995 battles
1 minute ago, Lexxmac said:

Please delete that or we gona get it in Update 10.7.8 :cap_wander:

Edited, my bad

• Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,887 posts
15,468 battles

Well, who could have thunk? Super BBs which overmatch anything and then no cruisers?? Why would cruisers not volunteer to be slaughtered from long range?? Unbelievable!! :cap_haloween:

Ofc this is a rerun of the DeadEye debacle. Or rather DeadCruiser. So I am gonna repeat what I said then:

BaBBies ask supertoys 

BaBBies get supertoys, cruisers vanish 

Cruisers vanish, DDs run rampant 

Torp soup, BaBBies bend over please :Smile_trollface:

Who could have thunk? Not the genius game designers at WG/Lesta at any rate :cap_cool:

Players
1,005 posts
5,995 battles
3 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

Well, who could have thunk? Super BBs which overmatch anything and then no cruisers?? Why would cruisers not volunteer to be slaughtered from long range?? Unbelievable!! :cap_haloween:

Ofc this is a rerun of the DeadEye debacle. Or rather DeadCruiser. So I am gonna repeat what I said then:

BaBBies ask supertoys 

BaBBies get supertoys, cruisers vanish 

Cruisers vanish, DDs run rampant 

Torp soup, BaBBies bend over please :Smile_trollface:

Who could have thunk? Not the genius game designers at WG/Lesta at any rate :cap_cool:

Furthermore, the proportion of Shimakazes was even higher than the usual T10 torpsoup MM.

Players
63 posts

Cant get Asahio this mode. At least WG rent Shimakaze for clan battle and can be utilized with Torpreload. 20km useless torpedo stil exist.

If want cuiser players this mode please enable Kitakami (alredy in a game) with some option to torp selection with Kuma detection range but with module slots.

-> want Kitakami for enjoy the fun.image.png.91d002032bf4b692c0f6d0acce1db9aa.png

[LCFM]
Beta Tester
237 posts
1 hour ago, arttuperkunas said:

Just tested the new gamemode; picked the Satsuma for the batte. It was a Yamato, only slightly Yamato-er. The only good thing about it was that it had the Shikishima gun sound, which was delicious.

As for the battle itself... 1 CV, 4 BBs (most of which were super-BBs), and 4 dds per side. No cruisers. The numbers in the queue furthermore reflect this.

Will not be playing a BB in this gamemode again if I can help it. I just wish it was T8-11 so I could bring my Asashio :/.

(btw just on first impressions the Hannover seems a lot better; it has some pretty nasty armor, and the secondaries are wacko)

You understand CVs are useless now against DDs because they have destroyed the rocket planes with the new mechanic?

I am a CV player too and i am not bothering to attack DDs anymore!

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,887 posts
15,468 battles
8 minutes ago, Navinor said:

You understand CVs are useless now against DDs because they have destroyed the rocket planes with the new mechanic?

I am a CV player too and i am not bothering to attack DDs anymore!

Ah, you gotta love those guys with vodka bottles in the WG balanz department :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,197 posts
21,852 battles
11 minutes ago, Navinor said:

3b4.png

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[MBHH]
Players
1,062 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, S_h_i_v_a sagte:

Best way to send the right message to the devs:

ignore this gamemode.

Actually, I like it. Don't play it, if you do not like it and everything is fine.

[JRM]
Players
8,230 posts
1 hour ago, Lexxmac said:

I spy with my little Eye a Kirov… :Smile_hiding:

And yes I do mean the “BC” variety :fish_haloween:

Players
467 posts
11,780 battles
33 minutes ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

ignore this gamemode.

I stopped playing a week ago, after the news about subs.

Cause no matter how broken are surface ships now, that's nothing compared to how the game will be when subs will be introduced

Players
467 posts
11,780 battles
33 minutes ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

ignore this gamemode.

I stopped playing a week ago, after the news about subs.

Cause no matter how broken are surface ships now, that's nothing compared to how the game will be when subs will be introduced

Sign in to follow this