Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RazorBlade72

Is there any moderation in this game?

10 comments in this topic

Players
24 posts
1,413 battles

I play this game now for a little over 3 weeks and what I noticed is the amount of scolding in the chat and even scolding in private messages. I think that if you want to provide a game then you should also make sure that this kind of behavior is dealt with. I think scolding is not acceptable. 

• Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
32,385 posts
16,184 battles

That is what the report function is for.

For serious cases, you can even contact player support.

Players
24 posts
1,413 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

That is what the report function is for.

For serious cases, you can even contact player support.

I did indeed report the private messages but I wonder if something is done with it. The reason I ask that is because I see so much scolding in the chat. You would expect that if this is quickly dealt with and severe penalties are given that it would be a rare exception. 

• Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
32,385 posts
16,184 battles
Just now, RazorBlade72 said:

I did indeed report the private messages but I wonder if something is done with it. The reason I ask that is because I see so much scolding in the chat. You would expect that if this is quickly dealt with and severe penalties are given that it would be a rare exception. 

The penalties are usually not severe. Repeated offenders can get longer temporary chat bans and many people do not even care about those.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,484 posts
15,973 battles
4 hours ago, RazorBlade72 said:

I play this game now for a little over 3 weeks and what I noticed is the amount of scolding in the chat and even scolding in private messages. I think that if you want to provide a game then you should also make sure that this kind of behavior is dealt with. I think scolding is not acceptable. 

Besides what @ColonelPete said, you may well be making yourself more likely to be yelled at:

• You have 228 Random battles, and your most played tier is T9.
  • 99%+ of your battles are in DDs, and your WR is not yet where you would want it to be.

Nothing justifies being offensive in chat/messenger, but you are a lot more likely to get abused than average:

• You are playing one of the most influential classes in the game (DDs), so if you play well you will have a disproportionate positive influence, and if you play badly, the reverse is true.
  • If you rush up the tiers too fast (you have), and don't play all classes (you haven't) you are substantially more likely to play badly, and - in a team game - that will annoy your team-mates.

So, learn to play all the classes, and do so at less intimidating tiers, and the abuse will lessen dramatically. Yes, there will always be a few d*ckheads, but you won't trigger more typical players by actively being a liability. If you don't care to get less bad, I would suggest switching to BBs; besides being easier than DDs, you will still do something useful just by sitting there in range of the enemy - you'll attract fire that otherwise would have been directed at more important targets.

• Cool 2

Players
24 posts
1,413 battles

So far nobody scolded at me in chat but I did notice a lot of scolding to other players. So it is not just my own performance that triggers the scolding. I did get however some very nasty private messages yesterday evening although I did not reply to them.

I have to say that the stats are perhaps a bit skewed compared to people who play every type of ship. I try to keep other ships in sight so the battleships and cruiser can target them with the big guns. That means I don't shoot as much as some other ship types. I try to play stealth and help my team by being the invisible eyes.

That does however not mean that I don't make mistakes. I am a rookies just learning the game. There is no denying in that.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,484 posts
15,973 battles
53 minutes ago, RazorBlade72 said:

I did get however some very nasty private messages yesterday evening although I did not reply to them.

Anything like that, report the buggers, blacklist them, and never think of them again.

53 minutes ago, RazorBlade72 said:

That does however not mean that I don't make mistakes. I am a rookies just learning the game. There is no denying in that.

Everyone makes mistakes; that goes double when first learning. That said, higher tiers are really not the place to get better; despite their many faults, WG have done a reasonable job of introducing new things in phases as you go up the tiers (with the big exception of the CV plague at T4, which is a damn nuisance), so you'll generally do better mastering your trade at lower tiers before venturing higher.

Sure, at higher tiers you get more powerful ships, but then so does everyone else; the other crucial difference concerns captains - at higher tiers there is a better chance that you'll face people with significantly more powerful captains; if you don't have one, you'll be at a noticeable disadvantage.

Again, I would urge you to play all classes too: even if you want to focus on DDs, you'll do much better in them if you can play cruisers and fatties at least a bit. Also, play DDs of other nations more; for instance, playing the Americans more will improve your gunnery-related kung fu (not to mention how to ambush people with short-range torps), which will help you with the IJN DDs (they have great alpha, but low RoF, and because you're so reliant on stealth you want to make blowing that stealth count, so you can vanish again before enemy supporting fire sinks you).

WG Staff
2,936 posts
949 battles
On 6/17/2021 at 11:41 AM, RazorBlade72 said:

Hi RazoBlade, 

I am sorry you had some bad interactions with other players on the chat. We take this kind of thing very seriously, applying due sanctions whenever is needed. Please, report players and open a ticket with our Customer Support whenever you encounter these kinds of situations. 

Players
6,338 posts
12,644 battles
On 6/17/2021 at 11:41 AM, RazorBlade72 said:

There is on the Russian server. I can tell from personal experience that if you ever use any kind of non-russian language in the port interface, you will get chat banned right away regardless of whether or not you even broke any rules in a literal sense :Smile-_tongue:

Players
0 posts

Hi RazorBlade72,

I agree you with you, :cap_like:

after playing over 7,000 and leaving the game for 2 and half years, and returning,

nothing has changed. :fish_happy:

For example, sometimes the game lags like really bad and even crashes like it had in alpha tester period. :Smile_sceptic:

But you know what, I am not a complainer, I like this game, cool graphics, chance to play WW2 cool ships etc. 

I like games on naval warfare, so I like WoWs, however the management of the game is a different issue.

Moderators playing the game and chat banning offenders after warnings would be great! :cap_like:

In the end, I just chat block message offending chats and concentrate on enjoying the game.

If you lose a game then you lose one, I try to play better, I'm not a great player!

Just because your super unicom player, meaning a player who has high win rate, damage, hit rate etc,

doesn't mean he/she is a nice person.

But the good news, is that there are still nice people out there.

You should join a clan, then you will feel better, like a family. :P

Hope you get a better experience playing this wonderful game!

You get rotten apples in a box, just throw them out of your sight (block message).

Watch replays of different players, from time to time look at youtube, twitch etc.

Good luck !

Sign in to follow this