Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
humpty_1

commanders

13 comments in this topic

[-RDE-]
Players
384 posts
30,526 battles

Please be gentle ;) a quick question as i'm a bit confused here.  Why do we now have to pay to retrain captains even though they haven't locked in anything and the captains are in reserve slots..

Even new captains from missions that haven't been used yet need retraining.

comm.jpg

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles

Because WG wants to encourage you to spend money ?

One way or the other as you can retrain them in premium ships you usually have to buy too.....but it could be you got some free ones ( Graf Spee ? ) and can use them to complete the retraining proces of the tech tree ship.

Or sell off surplus generic captains for credits and use their Elite XP on completing retraining.....or even FreeXP. Or just play other high tier captains gathering Elite XP and spend it on retraining.

But my guess is you knew that...

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,677 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, humpty_1 sagte:

Why do we now have to pay to retrain captains even though they haven't locked in anything and the captains are in reserve slots..

uhm but you always had to retrain a captain when moving him to a non-premium ship he is not trained for?

• Cool 2

[-RDE-]
Players
384 posts
30,526 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

uhm but you always had to retrain a captain when moving him to a non-premium ship he is not trained for?

yes if the captain had been trained (I thought), but my commanders points are still available.

comm1.jpg

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,677 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, humpty_1 sagte:

yes if the captain had been trained (I thought), but my commanders points are still available.

but "being trained for a ship" and "distributing skill points" are different things...

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
32,413 posts
16,212 battles

Every commanders needs to trained, when you put him on a silver ship. That was never different.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,280 posts
22,430 battles
16 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

@humpty_1 A new un-assigned captain Alway counts as being trained for the tier I of that nation..   this has always been the case. you can see this in the first window when selecting the commander

shot-21_06.17_11_42.37-0420.thumb.jpg.3d5551e9debb77a680650c78678e3597.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
7,575 posts

What has changed, apparently, is that previously untrained captains had 50% of the effect of their picked skills, whereas now the skills count for naught unless the captain is trained for the (silver) ship in question. Unsure how much of a difference that makes in practice, though.

• Cool 1

[-RDE-]
Players
384 posts
30,526 battles
2 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

What has changed, apparently, is that previously untrained captains had 50% of the effect of their picked skills, whereas now the skills count for naught unless the captain is trained for the (silver) ship in question. Unsure how much of a difference that makes in practice, though.

i forgot about that, plus were we not allowed to use credits too?

• Cool 1

[MBHH]
Players
1,062 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, humpty_1 sagte:

Even new captains from missions that haven't been used yet need retraining.

Seems reasonable?

[-RDE-]
Players
384 posts
30,526 battles
5 hours ago, Trench4nt said:

Seems reasonable?

i don't think it does. you do a mission, get a 6 point captain. then you have to spend to train him... tbh it's a bit of a wee take imho.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,506 posts
16,028 battles
1 hour ago, humpty_1 said:

you do a mission, get a 6 point captain. then you have to spend to train him... tbh it's a bit of a wee take imho.

I tend to agree that it's a bit of a pi$$-take, but it is how it's always been (with occasional exceptions like the recent Leroy Jenkins - sp? - who came trained for Kidd). It's one area where WOT aren't more robbing swine than WOWS - when you get crew there from missions, they generally sit in a 'recruits' section, and they only get assigned to nation/tanks/roles when you recruit them.

As an aside, if you're going to spend doubloons to get a 10 point captain for a silver ship, it's cheaper to recruit them directly from the ship's captain screen - there your 1,500 (?) doubloons gets you a 10 pointer trained for that specific ship, whereas captains from the Armory [sic] come trained for the nation's T1 and then have to be retrained to the specific silver ship you want.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this