Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dreadnought_296

Attack plane nerf

171 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
6,817 battles

So, after testing the attack plan changes, I think this will change gameplay a lot:

• DDs are now very hard to hit.  Any half decent player will manouevre like hell when attacked.
  • Predicting the lead to hit a manouevering DD is near impossible and hugely luck based (not skill)
  • If CVs cant damage dds, why spot for them?
  • CVs will therefore get more hate from their teams and have to keep explaining that they cant stop dds coming through now

This may have been a change needed to provide a defence against Super BBs, but why nerf the entire game just for them.  I predict a riot - or an exodus of CV players!

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8

[YOBOY]
Players
133 posts
11,041 battles

Haven´t you understood what WGs plan is?

CVs are not supposed to "interact" with DDs because many many DD players are unable to deal with this (or at lest unaware of how to). And they are many and they cry a lot.
Now WG has reached this goal as it is impossible to effectivly deal with them.
It would be "ok" if the delay would be 1,5sec like on the german carriers, but 3 seconds up to 5 seconds? You are not able to fight DDs with this anymore. It is frstrating so many players will stop it and  start farming damage on BBs or cruisers...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

Players
1 post
2,662 battles

In my opinion, rich kids crying to the WG that the gold bought by daddy disappears quickly and we have a big jumble. Hitting a destroyer with a rocket plane with (for example) HOSHO is comparable to winning the lottery. It is impossible to defend against attacking DDs. CV players should massively send prompts to WG to change this. I will end this way - the originator of this change has probably never played in WOWS.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[-WHO-]
Players
140 posts
12,347 battles

New aiming system is broken. It renders the AP rockets useless. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2

[YOBOY]
Players
133 posts
11,041 battles
Vor 1 Minute, tealc sagte:

In my opinion, rich kids crying to the WG that the gold bought by daddy disappears quickly and we have a big jumble. Hitting a destroyer with a rocket plane with (for example) HOSHO is comparable to winning the lottery. It is impossible to defend against attacking DDs. CV players should massively send prompts to WG to change this. I will end this way - the originator of this change has probably never played in WOWS.

I guess they exactly know what they did there. And that it was planned exactly how it now is: CVs are nearly unable to fight DDs anymore.

Many DD players cried "CVs are OP, pls nerf!" and finally thats it. Many of them are bad players as you see in the matches. It is not uncommon to have 3 out of 4 DDs in the teams are around 45% players. You can´t expect them to handle a CV. To know that they can turn of AA and such things.

But they are many. Many players that spend money to the game. WG doesn´t care about the "good" and really good players because they are not many and the amount of money is limited by their number.

So the goal is to make the average player happy and feel comfortable. And because so many of them cry about CVs, they have to do something against them. If it makes sense or not...

Now the CV players also get flamed by the own team because they don´t do anything against the enemy DDs. Funny, isn´t it? Why should i rush into a Halland with my planes when i have no chance to land a hit (except the Halland player is disconnected)? Good DD-players are now nearly invulnurable by CVs because it was hard to them already before the nerf.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[PDESP]
[PDESP]
Players
7 posts
9,368 battles

What a nerf. Thanks Wargamming I just got my T10 Jap carrier. Will leave it in the garage till you do something about this.

As a test with Langley. Beteween the moment I click launching rockets until it actually shoot them there is a SIX SECONDS DELAY !!

SIX SECONDS !! wtf. Seriously HAHAHA !!.

When I read on the machine gun straffle I thought it was a good idea to help dds. The actual implementation is a bad joke. basically they are now useless.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
3 posts
4,341 battles

Finally CV can happily farm BBs and ignore DD, so DD players will increase attendance, gusse what everyone will focus on BB. 

I played 12 games this morning, 10 of them 4 dds in each team, victory very depend on DD players' skill.

If DD dead early stage then ruining the whole game. 

Solution

limit to 2 DDs players in each side. 

Suggestion 

Attack planes are useless, can I adjust the type plane? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[YOBOY]
Players
133 posts
11,041 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, BshipBgun sagte:

Finally CV can happily farm BBs and ignore DD, so DD players will increase attendance, gusse what everyone will focus on BB. 

I played 12 games this morning, 10 of them 4 dds in each team, victory very depend on DD players' skill.

Solution

Suggestion 

Thats the point. Often you see which team wins after a couple of minutes - depending of how the own and the enemy DDs play. If the DDs of one team YOLO and die like lemmings, it´s extremly hard to compensate this...
A good CV player, till now, could compensate this because he can spot and actively handle with enemy DDs. Now you just can spot... If the DD decides to rush the CV and the CV gets no help, he is in fact busted.
Amazing..

But hey, let´s see the positive point: Bad DD players will live a few moments longer and not die by the CV, now the will die by other DDs or Cruisers they are YOLOing in...

• Cool 4

Players
1,994 posts
10,721 battles
19 minuti fa, BshipBgun ha scritto:

Solution

Suggestion 

it is not that much of a nerf actually. you can kill DDs with bombs, no?

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by arquata2019
moved screenshots into spoiler and added one more
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Players
3 posts
4,341 battles

Try Japanese Bomber you will know how "easy" to hit DD.

"it is not that much of a nerf actually.", are we playing the same game? or you are not a CV player? 

I have no vision on DD before in range 2.5KM, but I used to can predict next 2 sec dd's location tolaunch rocket, but now I must predict DD's location in 7 sec later, and gun shoot tell dd where rocket drop, even a monkey can doge it. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[YOBOY]
Players
133 posts
11,041 battles

Try Enterprise, whole IJN line (except Kaga) and the whole german line. Yeah, amazing how you can kill DDs by bombs... Hitting a DD with bombs is much more RNG based then hitting them with rockets (till this patch).

I often had bad RNG with american and also with british bombs that they hit around the DD...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,994 posts
10,721 battles
10 minuti fa, Sebastian_the_crap ha scritto:

Try Enterprise, whole IJN line (except Kaga) and the whole german line. Yeah, amazing how you can kill DDs by bombs... Hitting a DD with bombs is much more RNG based then hitting them with rockets (till this patch).

I often had bad RNG with american and also with british bombs that they hit around the DD...

with enterprise you can try torps if it's not a french or russian gun boat DD. with IJN, i feel you, you gotta torp, but still possible without bombs

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
1,994 posts
10,721 battles
38 minuti fa, BshipBgun ha scritto:

Try Japanese Bomber you will know how "easy" to hit DD.

"it is not that much of a nerf actually.", are we playing the same game? or you are not a CV player? 

I have no vision on DD before in range 2.5KM, but I used to can predict next 2 sec dd's location tolaunch rocket, but now I must predict DD's location in 7 sec later, and gun shoot tell dd where rocket drop, even a monkey can doge it. 

then don't use rockets for that :D

didn't play haku today, so can't give tips.  and yes, i am a T10 CV player also:

(my only  2 t10 cvs)image.thumb.png.1534312188b07c0265b0a3dbf660d4f8.png

can't you use both +5% torp speed upgrade and try doing something with torps? because you can't attack DDs anymore with IJN rockets. feeling better? :)

edit: @BshipBgun instead of you thinking i am a 1%wr player, today i changed from TT to HVAR in Midway. i didn't attack any DD with it because bombs, why not use rockets of haku, midway, etc (except MVR) for slow moving targets? :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[YOBOY]
Players
133 posts
11,041 battles

Sorry but what?

Hunting DDs with Torps from Enterprise? Sure, i also did when the situation needed it.

But you forget one thing: The strongest planes, and the most, are the rocket planes. The ship is designed to hunt DDs with them.

Maybe i do not have the highest damage output with the Ente, but my winrate is not bad so i guess i know how to play and how to win matches ;-)
Now they nerfed the possibility to do your main task to the ground: Hunting DDs

I also guess i know how to play CVs good enough to assess the impact of the changes... its a nerf. Fome some CVs an extremly hard nerf.
And what you also have to remember: They nerfed premium ships. Ships, people spent money for.
Now they just don´t call it nerf, they call it "change of the game mechanic"... sure, but the result is the same.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
3 posts
4,341 battles

The update make me upset not nerf the CV, it changes my play style, I want to play the game in my way, not someone else tell me to do so. 

We play game, WG play us, it shouldn't be like this. 

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
6,817 battles

Glad to hear that its not just me that thinks the Attack plane nerf is a total disaster.

The thing is WG, you need to learn the difference between a change that requires skill to use, such as greater manoueverability for DDs (or some such defence against rocket attacks), versus a balance change that doesn't require any skill, ie. the 'machine gun / ridiculous delay effect'.  People play this game for a reason - that it requires skill to play well !!!!  Forget that and your player base will just go and spend their valuable playing time elsewhere !

Oh and by the way, if this is just a way to encourage DD player numbers ahead of a submarine implementation (which presumably requires DD skills?) then lets just hope that that is handled better than this massive alteration in the balance of power.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,977 posts
4,452 battles

Yeah, this was too much. I was playing on PTS in an 8.9sec rudder Khabarovsk and the CV was unable to hit me with rockets. I even reported that it was too much.

The main problem with rockets is that you have no way to know when and where to dodge as they fly from overhead. they should have a similar attack angle to torpedo bombers and release from a bit further so a DD can see the rockets incoming and try to dodge. The current attack angle makes that very hard (believe me I have tried a lot of time as I play only DDs).

WG messed up this one. And I am saying that as a DD main ....

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[321]
Players
9 posts
5,349 battles

Now that I have tested the new mechanics of the attack aircraft with my CV's, I can only say "Big crap! The approach phase doesn't feel harmonious at all and this strange stopping phase of the target optics when the MG kicks in ruins the whole game It has always been stupid on some models of the warplanes if the crosshair popped up behind the opposing ship and then wandered towards you. But what Wargaming thought with these new mechanics is simply incomprehensible. If you want to meet the DD, then we there are other ways to defuse certain attack aircraft. Why not use the original mode of the GRAF ZEPPELIN, or a similar CV ??? And I always thought the high-altitude bomber mode of the CV RHEIN was the worst mode, but now Wargaming is topping that ! What a shame ... the attack planes are just not fun anymore. And I also like to play DD's, so I know b Both sides and you can deal with it (unless the MIDWAY attack planes attack! ;-) ....) Hopefully this will be changed again ... you can leave the MG tracks on the water, but the deceleration stop is crap!:cap_wander:

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,480 posts
23,891 battles

Remember everyone, WG will lie through their teeth and until they are out of breath claiming this nerf was a "big success welcomed by the community".

• Cool 8

[YOBOY]
Players
133 posts
11,041 battles

I finally got a match with a CV in my DD... really? You get a warning when planes approaching?!

This new "mechanic" is really for the dumbest players, isn´t it? I mean... if you don´t watch whats happening around you, you often have to pay the price.
BUt not the DDs... no, they need a further warning.

This is such nonsense... really... i now exactly know from where the change comes and for what it is...
Sorry for the screen as it is german. The message means something like "attack planes approaching! Avoid the marked area."

Whats coming next? Warning on cruisers "Oh take care, you are showing broadside to X enemy battleships"? Maybe same target area indicators where the shells from over 20km will land? I mean... it´s exactly the same thing like this.

Normally i would laugh about such stuff but... i can´t anymore.

image.png.23e96fb1269a75eaeb70a9343ad27350.png

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[RO-RN]
Players
1,023 posts
14,173 battles

Amazing how there is almost no outrage over this. When they will add same crap mechanincs for other classes there will be no one to defend theyre part. I can already see it:

Cruisers:enemy BB shot shells will hit these spots

DD-Able to see if the enemy ship has hydro or radar activated+its cooldown

BB-Will get a warning that there have been torpedoes launched the circle indicates they re area. 

GG KEEP DUMBING DOWN THE GAME...I WANT A FUKING REFUND ON ERICH LOWENHARDT.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

Players
1,994 posts
10,721 battles
3 ore fa, Sebastian_the_crap ha scritto:

Sorry but what?

Hunting DDs with Torps from Enterprise? Sure, i also did when the situation needed it.

But you forget one thing: The strongest planes, and the most, are the rocket planes. The ship is designed to hunt DDs with them.

Maybe i do not have the highest damage output with the Ente, but my winrate is not bad so i guess i know how to play and how to win matches ;-)
Now they nerfed the possibility to do your main task to the ground: Hunting DDs

I also guess i know how to play CVs good enough to assess the impact of the changes... its a nerf. Fome some CVs an extremly hard nerf.
And what you also have to remember: They nerfed premium ships. Ships, people spent money for.
Now they just don´t call it nerf, they call it "change of the game mechanic"... sure, but the result is the same.

Oh well, you got a point, i don't have premium CVs, so i can't talk about them. and yep, i am sure the main weapon for Enty is rockets for DDs. :)

• Cool 2

Players
1 post
8,488 battles

I play(ed) CV and Mino, the best Mino games are against a CV, and guess what, no CV's are in my games now.

As a CV Midway, the rocket attack is terrible, if the DD turns off his AA, you dont even see him until your past him.

I just bought a months premium, I'd like my money back.

And once you run out of torpedo bombers, then what do you do? Go hunting a Halland with bombs? Great fun.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Players
29 posts
3,897 battles

Before this update I thought "Okay, harassing DDs is a bit to easy for CVs, this might be good".

The actual implementation is a :Smile_trollface:  joke.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Players
8 posts
633 battles

Absolutely disaster. Even DDs that DON'T notice your planes approaching, don't notice their AA going off, don't notice the machine gun fire alerting can still easily dodge all your rockets in the course of his normal gameplay manuevering versus enemy ships.

The worst thing is I was taught good CV players try to affect the outcome of the match by taking out strategic DDs and CLs and bad CV players farm BBs for damage. The only thing you can hit with rockets now are BBs! Every single plane type is now optimized to farm BBs for damage!

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2