[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,609 posts
4,588 battles

Branding-Release-0105_facebook_828x315_WG_SPb_WoWS.jpg

Commanders!

As we roll out the update, the server will be unavailable:

On Thursday 17th June from 07:00 to 10:00 CEST(UTC+2)

• A new branch of German destroyers is now live and ready to be researched!
  • Prepare to fight in the Grand Battle—a new temporary battle type that sets super battleships on their path to dominating our seas! You'll also get to try out the new "adjustment firing" game mechanic when you head into battle at the helms of these vast floating fortresses.
  • The rocket-launching mechanics of all attack aircraft have evolved.
  • Damage can no longer be inflicted to allied ships! Rest assured, your ships are now safe (when it comes to friendly fire from your allies, at least)! Reckless teammates can no longer damage or destroy you.
  • Recruitment Points are being reworked and will re-emerge as a more versatile resource named "Community Tokens."
  • Prepare your bids for a new auction dedicated to the U.S. Independence Day, and get ready for some combat mission groups that offer VII Colorado, clad in her Independence Day permanent camouflage, as the ultimate reward!

We prepared a quick survey, please fill it in to share your first impression and precious feedback with us: 

https://checkbox.wargaming.net/Update_0105.survey

• Bad 6

Players
6 posts
6,823 battles

To describe the attack plane nerf as 'evolution' is a bad joke.  It will change the game substantially as CVs will stop trying to spot DDs and farm BBs and CA's to get any kind of XP.

This will then allow invisible DDs to do what they like to other ships and cause all other players to blame CV players (even more).  Is that really what WG intended?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[-MAN-]
Players
15 posts
16,856 battles

First, there are too many AFK BBs in Grand Battle! Maybe it's because of the long waiting time, but still a terrible expierence!

Second, the changes of rockets are disaster. Tried different rockets, only german AP-rockets can be easily controled, the ohters are almost unbale to use, even if against cruisers/battleships. Did you never tested this in supertest??? These changes have no different than deleting rockets! Basically I support the buff of survivalbility of destroyers, but by this way? Think about it!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RUMR]
Beta Tester
129 posts
10,461 battles

Rocket planes have moved from being the least valuable plane type in most circumstances to unusably terrible.

The only players this change really benefits are the straightline-sailing DDs who can't turn their AA off, as they were the only ones who ever took meaningful damage from rockets.

I think when making this change, the balance department forgot to ask an important question: if rocket planes aren't for DD hunting, what ARE they for? With this change, the answer is: nothing. Early spotting, maybe.

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,498 posts
23,965 battles
1 hour ago, Hermann_1871 said:

Did you never tested this in supertest???

They did and ignored all the feedback people gave them.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 2

Players
109 posts
10,533 battles

Time to ask refund on premium CV's, this is a bad joke, 5 second time delay with my Saipan and 4 (3,9 almost 4 either way) second with Kaga?

I must be Jedi to hit something these rocket planes with so big timelag,  even cruisers can easily avoid rockets now and DD's  will laugh on us .

I thinked the machineguns will always shoot so that the target can see our reticule on the water when the attack run begin and so he/she can avoid the rockets  but this time lag solution is terrible.

And yes i dont played the testserver , i didnt know that this terrible solution coming.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[-WHO-]
Players
140 posts
12,477 battles

FFS You rendered the rocket planes useless. You changed the way the game is played, It's not just a new aiming system. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[TSUK1]
Players
11 posts
3,986 battles

This change to rocket is awful, there is too much delay, you can't even hit dds now (unless dd is stupid and sail in a straight line)... I like the machine guns thing to give dd chance to dodge but it should be implememnted in a different way.

First click - start of the attack - machine gun fire to show enemy dd where cv player is aiming and giving a chance to dodge the attack >> second click - rocket launch just like before.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SHYLO]
[SHYLO]
Players
28 posts

Utter garbage now, who asked for this ? I have 40 members in my clan, most play CV's, none wanted it, none like it, before there was quite often some resemblance of team work between CV's and DD's, I would drop fighters over a friendly DD then try and help them take out the enemy DD.

This is a waste of time now, and I am not coming bottom of the game each time just circling around enemy DD's being shot at with impunity just to make sure the team wins, there is no fun in that.

This mode is inaccurate, slow and you need to be able to see into the future to be able to hit anything now in a rocket fighter, lets hope they listen to their player base and reverse this as it is going to have a knock on effect with all the classes of ships.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SWEOV]
Players
33 posts
4,807 battles

I am thinking about the penaltys you can receive in battles now. 

I fully agree with that people leaving the game in advance by klicking "Leaving Battle" in advance should get penalty,

but if you for some reason (that you can not affect) get disconnected will receive a Penalty, I think that is unfair. 

A guy enter a battle, sitting AFK at the base is one thing to (and should be punished), but if you get kicked out due to connection errors (your internet supplyers fault/WG-serever problems and other...) , that is quite irritating. 

Please look in to this. 

• Cool 2

Players
9 posts
7,149 battles

I just want to say that the new rocket attack plane change is just garbage. You can just so hit a slowly moving cruiser but thats it. Its so hilarious to watch all the CV players trying to hit something with it and always fail to do so. Even BB´s are hard to to hit now. Basically any moving ship is difficult to hit now.  I Have to hunt dd´s now with my Bombers from Lexington. I was thinking about starting another CV line but i probably wont do it anymore.

I never had any issues with planes as a DD player besides the fact that i use mostly DD with weak AA such as Jervis, Lightning, Kagero and so on. I dont have any AA DD and had no issues so far when you know how to position yourself as DD in a CV match. I am also playing CV quite often and both, CV and DD, belong in general to my most successfull ship classes. Those who play both classes on a daily bases would know how to handle any situation.

There are two kinds of DD playerd. Those who can adapt and stay in AA range of friendly ships as scouts and DD counter and which can turn off their AA and using maneuvers to prevent getting hit. If they have an AA DD they turn on their AA when you are above them and shredding all your planes into pieces.

And then there is the kind of DD players who sail straight and their AA always turned on. Most of the time i managed to give them a rocket barrage of 4-10 k damage with the first attack. But it was super easy to aim on them.

I guess Wargaming only listned to the "straight sailor" players and is now trying to appease them.

Alternative solution to the issue of straight sailors: Make them learn.

Just revert the Attack plane change asap or remove them. They are just useless now.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[UKMD]
[UKMD]
Players
1 post
5,329 battles

sorry WG, but i dont like the attack aircraft mechanic, its like taking a gun turret off a ship, you are now a liability to the team, not an asset, which was my impression of CV game play, yes i understand the need to help DD play, but to punish CV game play is not fair...just saying.

• Cool 1

Players
4,238 posts
20,520 battles

Only good and needed change is the change to rockets and people are calling it disaster. There is wows playerbase for you :Smile_facepalm: hopeless

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

Players
4,238 posts
20,520 battles
3 hours ago, Knighthawks132 said:

There are two kinds of DD playerd. Those who can adapt and stay in AA range of friendly ships as scouts and DD counter and which can turn off their AA and using maneuvers to prevent getting hit. If they have an AA DD they turn on their AA when you are above them and shredding all your planes into pieces.

Those days are long gone. Before the rework it was the case. Right now staying in friendly AA? lol. It doesnt work like that im afraid. 

And then there is the kind of DD players who sail straight and their AA always turned on. Most of the time i managed to give them a rocket barrage of 4-10 k damage with the first attack. But it was super easy to aim on them.

The thing is, skill of DD player was irrelevant if the CV player is good. You could be the god in DDs but if CV player is good, well rip. Right now straight liner DDs (you called them so) are still easy to hit. Those who try to dodge are harder to hit. So, this is a good and very needed change. Besides DBs are still fatal and uncounterable by DD player. 

Just revert the Attack plane change asap or remove them. They are just useless now.

How about no? Rocket planes were just broken  and needed to be changed.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[JMAC]
Beta Tester
53 posts

one thing i did notice after coming back after a long time

the AA is really bad on some AA ships . i know the planes have to get some action . but a AA ship really has to be shown a little bit more RNG 

i did notice CV change . . when i using the attack planes the camera moves all the way in its wierd . you know what i mean i dont really get to see where my shots hit 

• Cool 2

Players
112 posts
2,770 battles

I like the rocket change if it helps balance, but you have to revert the aerial spoting buff you gave too DDs if you keep it as it is so Cvs can actually see the target they have to lead.

And please, buff Graf Zeppelin too because she need it and got nerfed again with this patch.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,574 posts
10,577 battles

I like the Rocket Changes too.

Wasnt enough Space in the Survey to give a Full Feedback tough xD

I Actually think the Mechanic of the Delay would do well on ALL CV Aircraft.

Dive Bombers should be Locked in once they Start the Dive.

Same for Torpedo Bombers.

Effectively. When you Press the Button. The Aircraft should always have a 3-5 Second Delay where you cant Control them anymore before actually Dropping their Load.

This way it would actually be Possible to Evade their Attacks.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Players
259 posts
20,870 battles
On 6/17/2021 at 1:56 PM, Ghesthar said:

Rocket planes have moved from being the least valuable plane type in most circumstances to unusably terrible.

So according to your statement nothing of value was lost. Either you know zero about your class and cant play it properly OR all the CV players crying bloody murder are outright liars.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
259 posts
20,870 battles
3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

+1,  I think  WG should experiment a bit more in this direction. Anything that made the game more skill and thinking based is a long term plus for WoWs.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,577 battles
18 hours ago, Sink_Different said:

+1,  I think  WG should experiment a bit more in this direction. Anything that made the game more skill and thinking based is a long term plus for WoWs.

The CV Players may Dislike it.

But that would actually make CV Gameplay alot Fairer.

Even a Radar Cruiser at 10km has a 5 Second Delay between Firing and his Shells Landing at a DD he Radared.

So its not like a 5 Second Delay is Impossible to Lead or anything.

But it does allow some Evasion for Smaller Ships like DDs to Reduce Hits and sometimes even Dodge the whole Salvo if the Cruiser expected a different Turn.

For Torps of course no Real Delay is needed. Maybe like 1 Second or so. As the Delay can be done mostly with the Torps themselves.

For Level Bombers and Skip Bombers its the same. They are already pretty Delayed as their Dropping Animation. For level Bombers as they Fly the Line and Drop Bombs in that Line. And for Skip Bombers the Bomb skipping over the Water.  Already Provide that.

But Divebombers should actually get a Delay here as well. As they can still Drop right away.  For example. When Pressing the Button. The Divebombers could actually only Raise upon the Aiming Phase. Not actually Diving. Thus only Diving AFTER the Player Presses the Drop Button. Thus the Dive taking 3-5 Seconds and no longer being Changeable.

If Surface Ships had this Delay to actually Evade Attacks. Thus allowing Fast and Nimble Ships to Avoid Damage more often.

If this Shoots over the Target of just Balancing CVs and indeed ends up making them Underpeform. Albeit I think thats unlikely.

It would be fairly easy to then just Increase the Alpha or CV Weapons. So that their Attacks are less likely to Hit. But will do more Damage if they Do hit.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Players
1,172 posts
7,185 battles
22 hours ago, Sunleader said:

I like the Rocket Changes too.

Wasnt enough Space in the Survey to give a Full Feedback tough xD

Effectively. When you Press the Button. The Aircraft should always have a 3-5 Second Delay where you cant Control them anymore before actually Dropping their Load.

This way it would actually be Possible to Evade their Attacks.

I agree on all points, but, the delay should be shorter, or "They" gonna nert AA again.

• Bad 1

[-YR-]
Players
821 posts
On 6/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, YabbaCoe said:

The rocket-launching mechanics of all attack aircraft have evolved.

Congratulation! 

Yes another STEP in the right direction. unfortunately the delay between the first click  necessary to lock the aim (when the reticle turn green) and the second click when rockets are launched cause a MARGINAL delay of 1/2 seconds that result in a MISS or in much less rockets on targets.

UNFORTUNATELY for me (and my team ) I foiund out this ... minor issue in a ranked game . Lost one star parked my rjuyo. Good bye CV in ranked.

On a side note now it's almost impossinle to see the poiint of impact. unless you keep watching the target after the "strike " is over.... 

For me MINUS 10! 

I am forcing my self to be ....calm.

PLEASE spare us the suffering DELETE ALL CV and  make it easy.,

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1 post

There is another point, the nonexistend friendly fire. Yes it is akward sometimes, especially when a friendly moves into your torps (shells are of no concern), but to eliminate that is no solution. This takes an important part to the already sometimes decreased realism of the game. It is a game and i see that there has to be some balancing. I see also, that ff is the cause of many debates between players. But the savety now created will probably lead to torps fired from all directions in an arcade style of play. Plz, pretty plz, rework that part of the mechanics.

Cheers notting_tbb

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,577 battles
On 6/20/2021 at 5:10 AM, Latouche_Treville said:

I agree on all points, but, the delay should be shorter, or "They" gonna nert AA again.

The better Answer would likely to instead Buff Alpha a bit.

Thus putting more Focus on Skill.

Making it Harder to Hit. But making the Hits also Hurt more.

Meaning Good Players get Rewarded for Evasion as they Suffer no or minimal Damage.
While Bad Player that just Drive in Straight Line get Punished by taking even more Damage than before.

WG Staff
2,945 posts
949 battles
On 6/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, Sink_Different said:

Hi Sink_Different, 

What other features like this you would like to see implemented into the game? 😊

• Funny 4