Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Angry_Admiral

I don't know if I'm just blind or what? Retraining.

10 comments in this topic

Players
52 posts
321 battles

Okay I have the HSF Graf Spee and the Mainz. I purchased the Dasha 10 point Commander for each ship. For the love of God I can't find anywhere that will allow me to train them from the Hermelin to each ship individually. 

Currently I have gotten each one to 11 points but it says they are still trained for the Hermelin and when she is selected the stats on both ships go down.

How do I fix this?

Players
7,648 posts

Uhm... for one thing, aren't those two ships premium ships, and in that case you cannot train any captains for those ships per se (nor do you need to).

[SM0KE]
Players
7,545 posts
16,172 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Angry_Admiral said:

How do I fix this?

You don't - any captain can command any premium of the same nation (with the occasional multi-nation captain excepted) with no penalty and no retraining necessary.

Players
52 posts
321 battles

Yes they are premium ships but since she is trained on the Hermelin then is that why my stats go down on those two ships when I select her?

Players
52 posts
321 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

You don't - any captain can command any premium of the same nation (with the occasional multi-nation captain excepted) with no penalty and no retraining necessary.

But then why do the stats go down when I select her? 

Take the Graf Spee for instance: When I have no commander my concealment is 52, when she is selected as my Commander it drops to 40. Why?

[SM0KE]
Players
7,545 posts
16,172 battles
Just now, The_Angry_Admiral said:

is that why my stats go down on those two ships when I select her?

Which stats? If you mean things like concealment, and reload time, you want them to drop! (6 km concealment, say, is better than 7 km).

There are also (I think - I don't use them) captain skills that buff one thing, and debuff another - it could be something like that.

BTW read this for more on how captains work: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

• Cool 1

Players
52 posts
321 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Which stats? If you mean things like concealment, and reload time, you want them to drop! (6 km concealment, say, is better than 7 km).

There are also (I think - I don't use them) captain skills that buff one thing, and debuff another - it could be something like that.

BTW read this for more on how captains work: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander

Thanks for that. I was thinking she was making my ships perform worse.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,545 posts
16,172 battles
28 minutes ago, The_Angry_Admiral said:

I was thinking she was making my ships perform worse.

She won't; worst-case is forgetting to select any captain skills, in which case she'll make no difference (although you'll still get captain xp, which you wouldn't have, I think, if you'd forgotten to enable a captain altogether).

BTW take the performance numbers, that pop-up when you hover over a ship's thumbnail at the bottom of the screen, with a pinch of salt - it you want a more accurate picture of what your ship's numbers look like, it's usually better to look in the relevant sections on the upper right of the port screen when you have your ship selected.

Edit - some examples:

image.thumb.png.6fd7681f4ebd3042b6d38ab3fd05580f.png

(No captain)

image.thumb.png.8a6110201ea30b6880cf6b46ae6ced9e.png

(with CE-equipped captain; you'll note the upper two detectability distances have got smaller i.e. better, by 10%)

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,545 posts
16,172 battles

Incidentally, @The_Angry_Admiral if you want to play around with different ship/captain configurations without committing to things, and see how the numbers work out, this site is useful to know about: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PGSC706&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=1111&pos=0

(It should open on your HSF Graf Spee, but all the other ships, more or less, are in there too.)

Players
52 posts
321 battles
4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Incidentally, @The_Angry_Admiral if you want to play around with different ship/captain configurations without committing to things, and see how the numbers work out, this site is useful to know about: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PGSC706&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=1111&pos=0

(It should open on your HSF Graf Spee, but all the other ships, more or less, are in there too.)

Thanks for that! Fairplay to you!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this