You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Grand Battle

47 comments in this topic

Players
351 posts
4,221 battles

Does the stats of this mode count towards random battles? Might be a nice mode to grind stock T9 ships

• Cool 1

[EUTF]
Players
334 posts
7,453 battles

So the only initiative to not just yolo in with a dd/cruiser and collect 3 tokens in 3mins is some vanity flag/badge

So half the server will probably yolo in to get the tokens as we said in PTS feedback
Atleast you can adjust the tokens that you receive as you saying in the article sometime in the future ..... if .... maybe .. who knows

• Cool 2

Players
127 posts
19,000 battles

Why should we care, when WG obviously doesn't!

Hybrids, subs and SOVIET CVs are coming!!!

Reading feedback isn't prerequisite for getting employed by WG it seems.

People used to be able to sell WoWs account with researched tech trees up to  T10, some steel ships and a few premiums for €1500.

Now buyers will ask you to pay THEM to play.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
182 posts

Things you should know !!!

Strong title. Listen. Can you read? Goood....

After seeing your cc`s on twitch and yt, guess what ?!

We dont give a ..... about "grand battle". What is so grand?

Let me paraphrase: "You can't polish a turd".

Do some serious work, solve the problems, sink some cv`s and submarines, play your own game to see what it becomes, eat less sh.. and then we`ll talk.

My late grandfather was right, russians and capitalism, the worst punishment on earth.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

Players
778 posts
6,934 battles
2 minutes ago, colonel_duce said:

so these ships are the upcoming Tier 11?

They're marked as ☆ which could mean they don't belong in any tier of this game. 

I guess they're meant for 'weekend warriors'  who can't afford the Shikishima experience. 

• Funny 2

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
111 posts

More useless ballast in the port, besides the 4 cw ballast ships 

:cap_old:   zzzzz

• Cool 1

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
146 posts
13,546 battles
17 hours ago, Nauseica said:

So half the server will probably yolo in to get the tokens as we said in PTS feedback

This!

Yet another trash game mode to dilute the core experience of WARSHIPS. Monetizing content for the Fortnite, pew-pew, fluorescent, 2-minute game experience pre-adolescent target demographic in order to pay for yet another dacha at the cost of a stable, long-term player base? Check!

I have been in since CBT but now there are only three players in my Clan still here. I'll go when they do. Shame - used to be a thinking person's game! 

• Cool 3

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
18 hours ago, Nauseica said:

So the only initiative to not just yolo in with a dd/cruiser and collect 3 tokens in 3mins is some vanity flag/badge

Atleast you can adjust the tokens that you receive as you saying in the article sometime in the future ..... if .... maybe .. who knows

This game mode gives an option to try Superbattleships, which are stronger and bigger than biggest ships in game so far. 

Also you can try new Adjustment Fire mechanics, which gives really nice boosts to gameplay.

It is probable, that some people will rush for rewards, but atleast there is a possibility to score some nice damage, collect some achievements etc. 

[ALYEN]
Players
3,001 posts
4,477 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

This game mode gives an option to try Superbattleships, which are stronger and bigger than biggest ships in game so far. 

Also you can try new Adjustment Fire mechanics, which gives really nice boosts to gameplay.

It is probable, that some people will rush for rewards, but atleast there is a possibility to score some nice damage, collect some achievements etc. 

In a temporary mode that will vanish and the stats with it ? Are you serious ?

[-RNR-]
Players
1,435 posts
2 hours ago, britinmadrid said:

Shame - used to be a thinking person's game! 

Oh we're still thinking  My Friend :cap_like:     It's just What we are :etc_swear: thinking that's Changed :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
3 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

there is a possibility to score some nice damage, collect some achievements etc. 

Why bother with achievements when they don´t bring any rewards like signals?

really nice boosts gimmicks to gameplay.

to attract your new target-customers, the minors with access to parent's credit-card. Wows goes Mario-kart with ship-skins .

• Cool 2

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

In a temporary mode that will vanish and the stats with it ? Are you serious ?

Same as with Key Battle... you can casually play, collect some stuff, if you like, try different things. 

58 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

Why bother with achievements when they don´t bring any rewards like signals?

to attract your new target-customers, the minors with access to parent's credit-card. Wows goes Mario-kart with ship-skins .

To collect unique achievements... those special achievements never really brought any signals, afaik

• Boring 1

[ALYEN]
Players
3,001 posts
4,477 battles
3 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Same as with Key Battle... you can casually play, collect some stuff, if you like, try different things. 

To collect unique achievements... those special achievements never really brought any signals, afaik

Key Battle had some Armory shop associated with it IIRC with some options (premium time, captains, permacamos). This just some expendable camos and useless patches and flag.

The only advantage is to grind T9 ships like in Ranked ... but if Grand Battle does not help with regular missions most people will pass ...

• Cool 2

[-RNR-]
Players
1,435 posts

Oh Well on a small positive -ish note ,Free Daily Bundles, I'll take Those, and the Coupons are here, just nothing for Coal worth getting that I haven't already got :Smile_sad:

[LUSOS]
Players
389 posts
23,612 battles
13 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Can you elaborate on how we can get more damage with super battleships?

Because all i see nowadays is big AP = over pen, over pen, over pen...

So my question is: How can more over pens do nice damage?

ooooooooooooh!

You mean the ones shooting at the super battleships will farm more damage because of more HP!!!!!

sorry man, i was disctracted ;)

• Cool 2

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
111 posts
On 6/16/2021 at 10:24 AM, YabbaCoe said:

Holy c... WeeGee, why don't you use your efford, on shortening the very very very long list of things not working or working badly instead of introducing things players dont want / need.

:cap_yes:   ZZZZZ

Players
511 posts
6,026 battles
On 6/15/2021 at 4:46 PM, Gwynbleidd11 said:

Does the stats of this mode count towards random battles? Might be a nice mode to grind stock T9 ships

I hope not, as it's a horrible idea to mix a special mod stats within random mode stats.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
9 hours ago, powerverde said:

Can you elaborate on how we can get more damage with super battleships?

Because all i see nowadays is big AP = over pen, over pen, over pen...

So my question is: How can more over pens do nice damage?

ooooooooooooh!

You mean the ones shooting at the super battleships will farm more damage because of more HP!!!!!

sorry man, i was disctracted ;)

Yes, there will be much more HP in those battles, so basically everybody can farm more.

Also SuperBBs have their Adjustment fire mechanics, which for Satsuma gives quite a huge buff to accuracy and for Hannover it boosts secondaries a lot.

So atleast on PT, even me - average meh player, was able to score 340k damage with both SuperBBs...

9 hours ago, gnist0s said:

Holy c... WeeGee, why don't you use your efford, on shortenng the very very very long list of thinks not working or working badly instead of introducing things players dont want / need.

:cap_yes:   ZZZZZ

We are constantly working on fixing some bugs and issues. It is possible, that there still are some little bugs waiting for the repair. But luckily nothing really major which would prevent majority of players from playing.

[PRM]
Players
30 posts
27,195 battles

so the long awaited mode is available, but not active yet :) LOL 

update: you need to exit the game and enter again, so the mode becomes active .. 

[LUSOS]
Players
389 posts
23,612 battles

Yes, there will be much more HP in those battles, so basically everybody can farm more.

Also SuperBBs have their Adjustment fire mechanics, which for Satsuma gives quite a huge buff to accuracy and for Hannover it boosts secondaries a lot.

So atleast on PT, even me - average meh player, was able to score 340k damage with both SuperBBs...

1st try on new mode, you're right, it gives plenty of HP to farm:

image.thumb.png.3a4cd1a236fec2acffaa9b2b5a0149e2.png

Those girls do burn well...

• Funny 1

[OLDST]
Players
12 posts
2,867 battles

I'm 71 and the longer I play WOT & WOWS I get more and more confused the the damn stupid offers and changes they make to game.  As my time on this planet is rather shorter than most of you young people, waiting for 2 minutes plus to get into a game, or get extra ships in my collection that you have to wait for ages to be able to start playing. No, I think enough is enough and I'll hang up my Sowester, binoculars and hat and leave the game.  Shame as I've met and chatted to some decent people on here but hey ho.  Take care and good luck gentlemen.  Warm regards from an ancient warrior ha ha

• Cool 4

[LUSOS]
Players
389 posts
23,612 battles

BTW, if the premise of these super bb is "what if the navies didnt go cv way", why are cvs allowed in this battle mode?

• Cool 1

[ITA73]
Players
14 posts
9,705 battles

Hi

Satsuma and Hanover will disappear with update 0.10.6 ,  together with their commanders....right?

What will happen with the upgrades mounted on them and paid with credits?

• Cool 2