You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanaka_15

Soviet Cvs

405 comments in this topic

Players
2,834 posts
24,731 battles

They conveniently left out the part that all RU-CVs are submersibles....

• Cool 4

Players
2,834 posts
24,731 battles
6 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

USSR is one of the earliest nations to appear in the game, together with USA, Japan and Germany. All the mentioned nations already have a branch of aircraft carriers, so, we decided it's time to add a branch of Soviet carriers as well. Besides, although USSR had no carriers during the World War II, we found many blueprints in the Soviet archives, which is easier for us as we are located in Saint-Petersburg, and decided to implement them in or game. In the future other nations which appeared later may also receive aircraft carriers as well, including France, but we cannot give any specific details for now.

Its fine. 

I live next to a german naval archive, so WG can always come and ask me for some secret blueprints I skribbled on toilet paper which are totally not made up

• Cool 5
  • Funny 18

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
2 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

yeach but why adding more CVs? you cant even fix or balance existing ones, but yet still you push more of this into game

RU CVs originally was planned to be released much sooner but were postponed.

Also regarding MM, it won't add more CVs in the battles, as we have limits for this class in MM. It would only replace some of those current ones in the battle

• Cool 4
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 16
  • Angry 5

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,406 posts
11,462 battles

So uh....when are we getting a yugoslav BB line then? It'd still have more real ships in it than this, so I see it as a win.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 3

Players
2,072 posts
5 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

we found many blueprints in the Soviet archives

do those soviet archives have spaceship designs:Smile_trollface:

Maybe add them at some point?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,616 posts
16,810 battles
Just now, YabbaCoe said:

Also regarding MM, it won't add more CVs in the battles, as we have limits for this class in MM. It would only replace some of those current ones in the battle

We will have even more battles with CVs, and we will have more battles with hybrids. Ehh i know you have to defend WG but camone you relly think this is a good move? just idk, stop adding lines if you have to but fix the CVs before adding more. 

• Cool 6

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,701 posts
4,608 battles
3 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

So uh....when are we getting a yugoslav BB line then? It'd still have more real ships in it than this, do I see it as a win.

We are still planning to add more ships, that existed, or were atleast laid down, for sure. We just currently released Ise, Hyuga, Tiger, now Tone is coming.

2 minutes ago, totally_potato said:

do those soviet archives have spaceship designs:Smile_trollface:

Maybe add them at some point?

Hmm, maybe an idea for Easter Egg on some map... 

• Funny 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Weekend Tester
1,224 posts
9,368 battles
12 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

we found many blueprints in the Soviet archives, which is easier for us as we are located in Saint-Petersburg,

I love this. This made my day. :Smile_veryhappy:

7 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

So uh....when are we getting a yugoslav BB line then? It'd still have more real ships in it than this, do I see it as a win.

This please. Or even a DD line if BBs cost too much money to model.

Been asking for this since 2016/17

• Cool 7

[SPURD]
Players
924 posts
7,500 battles

Is this supposed to be an aggressively positioning, shorter ranged CV line what with the slow speeds, rocket boost etc? Because that was my idea on how you could balans the CV class some months ago.

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,616 posts
16,810 battles
8 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

We just currently released Ise, Hyuga, Tiger, now Tone is coming.

Also dutch airstrikes, some stupid us hybrid BB and now russian CVs. WG listens to feedback. 

Amazing how dissconnected you are from game. at this point it is just amazing. 

• Cool 11

Players
4,238 posts
20,600 battles

"Attack aircraft on Tiers VIII and X are armed with HE rockets, the equivalent of the U.S. Tiny Tims;"

Ofc equal to tiny tims. You dont expect mother russia to be less advanced than US. Another complete sh.tshow. seriously, it takes special talent to mess up so hard in last couple of years. Well done the person who comes up with those brilliant (!) ideas.

• Cool 10

Players
210 posts
23 minutes ago, Tanaka_15 said:

Jup, here we go. 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/166?fbclid=IwAR1FvNLaTJuSP6UJfLeViiNAcfzOjVC-8QPatiheUaR4FHn5hsqTWYmVgD0

I just lost words. Like why? why even conider it? 

why not? soviet cv's played a crucial role in the defense of leningrad and later in the battle of kursk. ofcourse heroic soviet carrier force has place in this game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 20

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
25 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

USSR is one of the earliest nations to appear in the game, together with USA, Japan and Germany. All the mentioned nations already have a branch of aircraft carriers, so, we decided it's time to add a branch of Soviet carriers as well. Besides, although USSR had no carriers during the World War II, we found many blueprints in the Soviet archives, which is easier for us as we are located in Saint-Petersburg, and decided to implement them in or game. In the future other nations which appeared later may also receive aircraft carriers as well, including France, but we cannot give any specific details for now.

I look foreward to seeying more Russian planes in game, a great addition to variety. :Smile_medal:

Often downplayed on "our side of the fence" the Russians designed many great and legendary fighters and bombers.  I am curious what types will be selected.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 6

[-RNR-]
Beta Tester
1,616 posts
16,810 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I look foreward to seeying more Russian planes in game, a great addition to variety. :Smile_medal:

Often downplayed the Russians designed many great and legendary fighters and bombers.  I am curious what types will be selected.

Yeach countless*(edited) succesfull sea planes, based on amazing carries supported by varaiety of succesful  ships. Russian fleet is well know for big great naval actions, like Cushima. 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[NECRO]
Players
4,477 posts
Vor 2 Stunden, YabbaCoe sagte:

Yes, the Russian Navy has been postponing them ever since. And I don't think they will ever have one. Hybrids (aircraft carrying cruisers) don't count. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Players
12 posts
4,448 battles

I hope this new branch gives some hope to see other real carriers, such us Bearn for France, or Aquila for Italy, even without a tree, but as premiums

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

Players
351 posts
4,221 battles

Very interesting. I only started IJN line CV line so far, so might be tempted to play this too if we get early access with permacamos.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,924 posts
15,588 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Often downplayed the Russians designed many great and legendary fighters and bombers.  I am curious what types will be selected.

You are confused Beast, that's for World of Warplanes.

Oh, I forgot, WeeGee is confused too :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 5