Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

26 comments in this topic

[EX-TH]
Players
64 posts
17,602 battles

HI,

I read that hit to allied ship is removed for any kind of match. Is it started or not yet?

Because as today 1 of ship from my team drive into my torp and he is well damaged.

Thx

dmg allied 14 06 2021.jpg

[EX-TH]
Players
64 posts
17,602 battles
1 minute ago, doerhoff_damian said:

this will start with the next patch. This is Thursday for the EU-Server

ah, therefore.

Thank you

• Cool 2

[OLDST]
Players
12 posts
2,867 battles

To be honest qdfl, I've been in same situations on so many occasions and it is very frustrating and annoying to fight hard against an enemy ship and you sometimes not only lose the kill but gets taken by someone who is in such a hurry they don't 

keep a watch on what is happing in the battle and after taking your kill, your team mate drives straight in front of your torpedoes that would have earnt you the kill .  And to add insult to injury, you get a penalty awarded against you and loss of credits 

to be followed up by a set number of games where you have to be a good boy and not hit anyone else in friendly fire.

Good news is that in next update its being done away with so roll on the update so that this 71 year old idiot does not get any more reprimands ha ha

Take care and good luck everyone and warm regards 

• Funny 5
  • Bad 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,646 posts
29,227 battles
47 minutes ago, OldPhart said:

Good news is that in next update

You will be still punished if you dont look where you torp.

• Cool 5

[NMA]
Players
140 posts
4,843 battles
1 hour ago, OldPhart said:

To be honest qdfl, I've been in same situations on so many occasions and it is very frustrating and annoying to fight hard against an enemy ship and you sometimes not only lose the kill but gets taken by someone who is in such a hurry they don't 

keep a watch on what is happing in the battle and after taking your kill, your team mate drives straight in front of your torpedoes that would have earnt you the kill .  And to add insult to injury, you get a penalty awarded against you and loss of credits 

to be followed up by a set number of games where you have to be a good boy and not hit anyone else in friendly fire.

Good news is that in next update its being done away with so roll on the update so that this 71 year old idiot does not get any more reprimands ha ha

You shouldn't launch torps if there is ally in front of you, no excuses.

Everyone eventually will do that once in a while, but then to complain afterwards that someone sailed in your torps, well that was your greed and responsibility for what you considered good shot.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,574 posts
10,693 battles

I will Generally Launch Torps at Enemies unless an Ally is Clearly in the Way.

If an Ally Decides to Suddenly Yolo and thus Catch my Torps to Save the Enemy. Then he is a Potato.

Simple as that.

I go Pink and ?

Dont Care.

After all. According to the People who say Teamdamage is Always the Attackers Fault. Also Say being Pink is no Punishment.

So apparently my behavior is Perfectly Correct :P

• Cool 1
  • Bad 7

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,702 posts
Vor 3 Stunden, Profilus sagte:

You will be still punished if you dont look where you torp.

but only after 40/50 torp hits...in a single game...so basically no punishment anymore for torp spam from the last row :Smile_facepalm:...

Vor 4 Stunden, OldPhart sagte:

Good news is that in next update

bad news, as least with the ridiculous high amount of tolerated team hits...

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

but only after 40/50 torp hits...in a single game...so basically no punishment anymore for torp spam from the last row :Smile_facepalm:...

bad news, as least with the ridiculous high amount of tolerated team hits...

Quite Good News if you Ask me. 

I had Countless cases where DDs or Cruisers Yoloed out Broadside to the Enemy just to Intercept Friendly Torps.  Throwing Away their Ship just to make an Allied Ship go Pink.

And so Far. If you were Scared of going Pink. The only Choice you had was to only Drop Torps if you were absolutely Sure that there is no Possible Way for an Allied Ship to Intercept them.

Because even if Intercepting them required Changing Course 180 Degrees and Yolo into a Completely Stupid Position for no Reason other than to Catch these Allied Torps and being Guaranteed to Die in that Position because its totally Exposed to the Enemy.

The People in the Forum would just tell You. "Yeah. You dropped the Torps. So its your Fault" :)

Now. You can Finally Torp in such Situations and the worst that can Happen is that the Ally Throws away his Life but nothing happens to you beyond that.

So he isnt Rewarded the Troll Target of Turning someone Pink.

Which is Perfectly Fine and Far better than the Current System.

Of course. If like me. You got Fed up with this Rubbish and thus Decided to do the exact Opposite and Just Drop Torps whenever you want even if an Ally can Easily Intercept them.

And then Laugh at that Ally for being Stupid. Because you dont care about losing 3 Exp and 50 Credits while going Pink for 2 Matches.

It doesnt really matter. Because nothing will Change about how I drop Torps. I still wont Waste Torps when they would likely Hit an Ally. And I dont Hesitate to Drop Torps just cause an Ally is in Range to Intercept them anyways.

So for me Nothing really Changes.

Meanwhile. Allies dont receive Damage from actually Accidental Teamfire or from Trolls that Teamkill on Purpose.

Its a Win Win Situation ^^

• Bad 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,646 posts
29,227 battles
3 hours ago, Klopirat said:

Right. Crap. Yeahhhh. You dont get punished anymore unless you really try to get punished or have fast firing guns.

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
5 hours ago, Profilus said:

Right. Crap. Yeahhhh. You dont get punished anymore unless you really try to get punished or have fast firing guns.

Wait.

So You mean you wont get Punished unless you are actually breaking Rules on Purpose ?

Such a Blaspemous Concept !!!!

How Dare WG stop Punishing People for Accidents or due to not Expecting some Troll to Throw away his Ship just to get hit by their Torps!!!!

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,646 posts
29,227 battles
22 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Wait.

So You mean you wont get Punished unless you are actually breaking Rules on Purpose ?

Such a Blaspemous Concept !!!!

How Dare WG stop Punishing People for Accidents or due to not Expecting some Troll to Throw away his Ship just to get hit by their Torps!!!!

So true, sending 39 torps to allies is fine. But if u send 1 more, we will punish you.

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
7 minutes ago, Profilus said:

So true, sending 39 torps to allies is fine. But if u send 1 more, we will punish you.

Well. I dont mind to be Honest. Its your Reload being Wasted if you Spend 2 Full Yoshino Reloads on me just to be Ignored entirely :)

But when I send my 32 Torps at the Enemy. And you want to waste your Time doing a 180 Degree Turn to Drive out into the Open Showing Flat Broadside to the Enemy Team just to Intercept my Torps.

Then I am no longer going Pink from it or get Mirrored Damage :)

So at least my Team and Me only Lose 1 Trolling Potato. And not lose ma along with it :)

I think thats Great :)

[HALON]
Players
687 posts
11,475 battles

Removal of friendly fire is wrong.

Hell, even the penalty applied till today is too soft.

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
10 minutes ago, Amon_ITA said:

Removal of friendly fire is wrong.

Hell, even the penalty applied till today is too soft.

Thing is.

If you make the Penalty Harsher. You will make it even easier for Trolls to abuse it to get People Punished and these People will then be Punished Harder.

But with the current Soft Penalties. Most Trolls just Ignore it and instead go for TKs themselves.

Thats unfortunately the Problem with an Automatic System.

You cannot make it very Harsh. Because you cant make it work 100% Accurately. So you are Bound to Hit alot of Innocents and because Automatic Systems are always Prone to abuse by Trolls you are also Bound to Attract alot of Trolls Gaming that System to Punish others.

However. In a Large Scale Game like this. Its also Impossible to make it a Manual System of Support Checking each Case. Because you would basicly need to Hire Hundreds of Support Workers doing nothing but Checking Team Damage Videos.

And they likely would often get it wrong regardless or not Punish anyone cause they cant Determine if its on Purpose etc.

Thats why Removing Teamdamage is the Best Solution to be Honest.

[HALON]
Players
687 posts
11,475 battles
4 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Thing is.

If you make the Penalty Harsher. You will make it even easier for Trolls to abuse it to get People Punished and these People will then be Punished Harder.

There is no way to catch a friendly torpedo on purpose in the guy that launched it knows what he's doing, period.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
2 minutes ago, Amon_ITA said:

There is no way to catch a friendly torpedo on purpose in the guy that launched it knows what he's doing, period.

Fallacy. I know Perfectly what I am doing. And I am Perfectly aware of Allies having the Option to Intercept my Torpedoes if they are Ready to Throw away their Ship for it in a Yalo.

Yet I drop Torps and its Possible for Allies to catch them :)

So your Statement is False by Default.

What you likely mean to Say. Is the usual Bullcrab that You can just Limit yourself to Dropping Torps ONLY when there is absolutely no way any Allied Ship could Possibly Intercept it. :)

But not to Offend ya Mate.

That basicly means that you Pass up Alot of Good Chances to Devstrike Enemy Ships with Torpedoes. Because only the most Forward Ship is Allowed to Drop Torpedoes. As any Ship further away has to Stay their Torps as that Most Forward Ship could Intercept the Torps.

And I see absolutely no Reason to do that.

If a Troll Potato is Ready to Throw away his Ship and Yolo into an Exposed Position where he is Guaranteed to Die. Just to Catch my Torps that I dropped from Second Line.

Then he would not have been Useful to the Team anyways. Compared to that. The Fact that I will likely lose some HP to Mirror Damage is actually a Bigger loss for my Team than that Potato taking some Torp Damage from me before being Deleted by the Enemy Team :)

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,646 posts
29,227 battles
10 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Just to Catch my Torps that I dropped from Second Line.

What is that magic ship that needs friendly fire rules changed to play from 2nd line?

[NMA]
Players
140 posts
4,843 battles
14 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

What you likely mean to Say. Is the usual Bullcrab that You can just Limit yourself to Dropping Torps ONLY when there is absolutely no way any Allied Ship could Possibly Intercept it. :)

But not to Offend ya Mate.

That basicly means that you Pass up Alot of Good Chances to Devstrike Enemy Ships with Torpedoes. Because only the most Forward Ship is Allowed to Drop Torpedoes. As any Ship further away has to Stay their Torps as that Most Forward Ship could Intercept the Torps.

And I see absolutely no Reason to do that.

If a Troll Potato is Ready to Throw away his Ship and Yolo into an Exposed Position where he is Guaranteed to Die. Just to Catch my Torps that I dropped from Second Line.

Then he would not have been Useful to the Team anyways. Compared to that. The Fact that I will likely lose some HP to Mirror Damage is actually a Bigger loss for my Team than that Potato taking some Torp Damage from me before being Deleted by the Enemy Team :)

No of course not, everyone will launch some risky torp drops every now and then, but it is your responsibility for doing so, so I personally always warn the player in front if I feel the shot might be risky like "hey, watch out for my torps" and when the worst happens, I will apologize for sure.

Now what is not okay is someone spamming them from behind and if you end up eating one, he will go like "hey u noob, watch were you going" as it is my responsibility dodging not only enemy fire, but also someone dropping torps on my butt without worrying that he might end up forcing me slow down or turn, possibly putting me in a vulnerable position where I would normally was not even planning to be.

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
10 minutes ago, Profilus said:

What is that magic ship that needs friendly fire rules changed to play from 2nd line?

Forcibly Need. None.

Because thats an Impossible Demand.

In Theory. Shimakaze does not NEED to Drop Torps for the whole Game.

But in terms of being Useful and Allowing for some Ships to actually use their Torpedoes without being the most Forward Ship despite not having the Concealment to actually be Supposed to be the most Forward Ship.

Japanese Cruisers. Pan Asian Cruisers. British Cruisers, Germany Heavy DDs and some Japanese Premium BBs. As well as any DD that has Long Range Torps that are not Super Fast.

In terms of allowing to Drop Torps in Opportune Situations or to Save an Ally from being Rushed and Rammed or Deleted in a Driveby.

Pretty much any DD or Cruiser that has Torpedoes.

8 minutes ago, bakmaita said:

No of course not, everyone will launch some risky torp drops every now and then, but it is your responsibility for doing so, so I personally always warn the player in front if I feel the shot might be risky like "hey, watch out for my torps" and when the worst happens, I will apologize for sure.

Now what is not okay is someone spamming them from behind and if you end up eating one, he will go like "hey u noob, watch were you going" as it is my responsibility dodging not only enemy fire, but also someone dropping torps on my butt without worrying that he might end up forcing me slow down or turn, possibly putting me in a vulnerable position where I would normally was not even planning to be.

Thing is. That Scenario Assumes that you Drop Torps in a Way that an Ally has to Actually Dodge them.

But thats not the Scenario that I talked about.

What I talked about is the Scenario that an Ally actually has to go out of his Way to Intercept/Catch your Torps.

So. If the Enemy is holding an Area in the Middle Cap Surrounded.

You are in your German Heavy DD with the Slow Seamine Torpedoes behind the Middle Cap on your Side.

There is an Cruiser sitting behind an Island to the Side. He is Diagonally in Front of You.

But the only Way he can Catch your Torpedoes. Is that when you Launch your Torps. He goes Full Speed to Intercept Course. Driving right towards the Enemy End of the Middle Cap where he is gonna be well in Spotting Range of not just Enemy DDs but even enemy Cruisers and is basicly Sitting in a Complete Crossfire Position for both Flanks and the Center of the Enemy Team to take Potshots at him.

You will Launch the Torps. Warn him that you Launched Torps And if he actually goes there to Catch them. You will Apologize to him ?

No. Sorry. But I just wont do that.

Players
4,902 posts
21,369 battles
15 hours ago, OldPhart said:

Dont you worry that pretty little head of yours! Soon you won't have to watch what you are doing at all. Press button for damage. Oi! Just sank a sub. GG.

[HALON]
Players
687 posts
11,475 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Fallacy. I know Perfectly what I am doing. And I am Perfectly aware of Allies having the Option to Intercept my Torpedoes if they are Ready to Throw away their Ship for it in a Yalo.

Yet I drop Torps and its Possible for Allies to catch them :)

So your Statement is False by Default.

No ship is faster than torps. If you drop torps from the first line no allied ship can catch them.

Case closed.

Bye.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[THESO]
4,574 posts
10,693 battles
27 minutes ago, Amon_ITA said:

No ship is faster than torps. If you drop torps from the first line no allied ship can catch them.

Case closed.

Bye.

That is actually not entirely the case. As some of the French DDs can actually Catch Sea Mines from behind.

But thats just a Side Issue.

Thing is. This is Exactly what I said.

That basicly Means. You can ONLY use Torps when there is absolutely no Way for an Ally to Possibly Catch these Torps no matter how Hard he Tries.

Its basicly like Handling Medicine or other Dangerous Stuff with Tiny Children.

You basicly have to Handle it making absolutely Certain that none of your Children might Possibly Reach it when you look away :)

And Sorry. But I am not Interested in Playing Caretaker for Little Children. You Play a Game with Warships. If you are unable to Resist the Urge of Touching a Hot Plate on the Oven then you will Burn your Hands and unlike your Parents I wont go Pampering you and try to be more Responsible in the Future to not leave the Stove On without constantly watching it. I will instead do what most non Parent Adults would do. And Laugh at you for doing something Stupid and getting the Burn you Deserved to maybe Learn not doing it in the Future :)

[EX-TH]
Players
64 posts
17,602 battles

Thank you for all opinions.

As for my above sample, I was turn to right and start to torp within 6-7 km to enemy. What happen is, my team mates with Pommern from my right side (not between me and enemy) start to sail to enemy therefore he catch my 2 torps while other 2 torps was hit to enemy, moreover he didnt torp to enemy either, he death and I was alone against JB, I'm death too, we lost game.

What I mean, team mates also should have a look what a destroyer doing with 6-7 km range against to enemy bb before they take some action!

Anyway, may be is really good cant hit allied ship anymore, and by the way this is also helpful in  co-op, bec some times people play for ribbons and kill team mates by purpose, so, no more selfish players.

Regards,

[SKRUB]
Players
624 posts
24,045 battles
36 minutes ago, qdfl said:

What I mean, team mates also should have a look what a destroyer doing with 6-7 km range against to enemy bb before they take some action! 

When your main ennemy is not your ennemy, but your teammate...

Sign in to follow this