Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

23 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
32,422 posts
16,222 battles

I do not like her either, but the players make her work quite well, until now.

Will be interesting to see how the release to the general playerbase changes the performance.

• Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles

You are suposed to understand and master this. ( ZF = same line of new German DD mechanics )The HE is that bad to force you to shoot AP. The torpedo's bad to force you to shoot AP.

image.png.025e1d7d209baa82312b141d48af4cf2.png

And no i haven't mastered it either. I understand the principle, but being efficient with it ? Nope.

[CATS]
Players
32,422 posts
16,222 battles
35 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

You are suposed to understand and master this. ( ZF = same line of new German DD mechanics )The HE is that bad to force you to shoot AP. The torpedo's bad to force you to shoot AP.

image.png.025e1d7d209baa82312b141d48af4cf2.png

And no i haven't mastered it either. I understand the principle, but being efficient with it ? Nope.

There is a diffetence between 128 and 150mm shells.

The Full Penetration area should be smaller as 150mm guns need 25mm effective armor to even activate the fuse.

• Bad 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,982 posts
4,460 battles

I have to say I don't like the ship based on the stats. But I have met a few in Ranked that played very well and I had issues playing against them, also a few Z-31s on my team that carried the games ...

Players
337 posts
4,107 battles

Well, good and decent players will use it's strengths and will make it work since it's good DD. Bad players will suck and create memes like this

• Funny 4

[-TPF-]
Players
4,932 posts
20,111 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

what's the point of this [edited]garbage in this game? 

It's actually quite fun.

As we discussed last week.

[XTREM]
Players
2,249 posts
16,102 battles

I like that it's different. It feels interesting, and honestly not so bad. 

I kind of wish it/they had hydro though. 

• Cool 1

Players
566 posts
6,478 battles

Z-31 let's you know if you can aim or not s

If you can't aim for crap, it sucks all the time

If you can aim, you can damage stuff quite nicely

It is also situationally dependent as it's not always the strongest against, for example, other dds, and requires you to have good positional control so that you have your guns pointing at the enemy dd before you spot it.

I found it a bit of an enigma but somewhat of an enjoyable challenge, just don't play it like other DDs

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles
39 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

There is a diffetence between 128 and 150mm shells.

The Full Penetration area should be smaller as 150mm guns need 25mm effective armor to even activate the fuse.

But the HE and torpedoes being especially bad to force shooting AP is true....

[SM0KE]
Players
7,506 posts
16,047 battles

Presumably, to provide some variety; personally, I think she's pretty dreadful, but then I do have Z-39 and she throws Z-31 into pretty stark relief.

I think my main issue with Z-31 is that she's fundamentally not terribly good at being a DD; as all the blurb said early on, the new KM DDs are more like tiny cruisers; in that case, the problem could easily just be me - I like/need my DDs to be good at 'DDing' and Z-31 isn't.

[RO-RN]
Players
1,023 posts
14,173 battles

z-31.png

The point is to make you spend your precious free xp to skip that junk. 

• Cool 2

Players
745 posts
6,853 battles

Ships like Z-31 exist so you can use your FXP to get past them

It's like the auction being a credit sink 

• Cool 1

Players
231 posts
4,198 battles
1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd11 said:

Well, good and decent players will use it's strengths and will make it work since it's good DD. Bad players will suck and create memes like this

can u teach us plebs on the forum, the key to be a succesful dd captain? oh wait :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[VIBES]
Players
1,201 posts
22,860 battles

Works okay for me:

577708543_Screenshotfrom2021-06-1415-40-59.thumb.png.3897c19e9ab06fb71db501a4f4cdcc32.png

Don't get too hung up on the DPM: your accuracy is insane, you'll often get 4/4 AP pens on BB upper belts and 4/4 HE hits on DDs, occasionally 3-4 citadels on a broadsiding cruiser. The improved AP angles don't hurt, either.

Beyond DD knife-fights, your effective DPM is maybe twice what you'd expect if you only looked at reload and shell damage.

I've had multiple games with over 100k dmg and 2k base xp in this thing, and I'm nothing special.

• Cool 3

Players
231 posts
4,198 battles
1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd11 said:

can u also share what was the price for your brand new zf-6? don't tell me u grinded all the phases like us plebs

[RO-RN]
Players
1,023 posts
14,173 battles
6 hours ago, Gwynbleidd11 said:

What strenghts? IT has garbage HE DPM so that means trash countering and push stoping ability, AP has meh penetrations with garbage DPM but improved angles but garbage penetration for what is supposed to do and there is a thing called angling. Torpedoes.....well at least they are not soviet 4km ones. AA? No comment. BIG,CLUMSY and Meh concealment. 

THIS THING will never work against someone who knows even hald or a quarter of this game let alone against an unicum. Your only hope in this thing is to find an inland wait for a BB to get in proxy spotting and you rush him and hope that you get him or pray to find an AFK. Felix and Elbing at least have penetration and some form of DPM and can work as flankers or ambushers but this thing? NOPE.

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles
7 hours ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

can u also share what was the price for your brand new zf-6? don't tell me u grinded all the phases like us plebs

I did...and i did so 100 % while playing ranked.

Zf.jpg

Players
2,024 posts
14 hours ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

z-31.png

You could have given the T5 AP DPM to the red ranger

but anyway, Z-31 sucks. But she does well in some players hands. 

• Funny 1

Players
2,024 posts
6 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

What strenghts? IT has garbage HE DPM so that means trash countering and push stoping ability, AP has meh penetrations with garbage DPM but improved angles but garbage penetration for what is supposed to do and there is a thing called angling. Torpedoes.....well at least they are not soviet 4km ones. AA? No comment. BIG,CLUMSY and Meh concealment. 

THIS THING will never work against someone who knows even hald or a quarter of this game let alone against an unicum. Your only hope in this thing is to find an inland wait for a BB to get in proxy spotting and you rush him and hope that you get him or pray to find an AFK. Felix and Elbing at least have penetration and some form of DPM and can work as flankers or ambushers but this thing? NOPE.

Agreed except two things

She isn't big or very clumsy. Her conceal is 6.3 which for her tier is quite good. Her own nation's DD counterpart as the same conceal fully upgraded as Z-31 has base. 

She has the best AP pin at T7 among DDs, but still struggles. So yeah, rest I agree with and that makes her a bad ship. Felix was worth it tho. Elbing is looking to be a treat

Players
566 posts
6,478 battles
19 hours ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

z-31.png

It's a lot of effort to go to to show you don't know the difference between "worse" and "worst".

Sign in to follow this