Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
totally_potato

Another Hybrid but its much much worse

118 comments in this topic

Players
2,024 posts

image.thumb.png.f41094e2ca2488743d642f1508413734.png

image.thumb.png.2c32baa721b1011ee8331e40021783d3.png

What in god's name is this??

Hybrids are currently facing a lot of hate. But I seem to like the Ise

Here's why

Ise is a stripped down Hyuga but in compensation has a torpedo bomber squad to launch. I liked this coz eight 14 inch guns was tier 5 BB fire power and it had bad gun angles on top. And the torp bomber itself isn't that impressive. But combining both made it a strong ship. Its know that - x - = +. That's what happened with this ship and made it strong but not OP. Using the weapons individually made it crap, but using both simultaneously made a unique and interesting concept of weapons cycle. It actually required skill to do well

Well this Kearsarge removes that completely. It take Tiny Tim rocket planes and combines them with essentially a BB with tier 10 fire power. These are NC guns. So that means its a better Minnesota (in AP alpha strike and reload) with the hybrid CV on top. It removes that good balance that Ise had. Tiny Tim rockets are no joke, and can set fires on BBs and pin pretty much every cruiser except the German SCs. Like why did you bring this design to WoW and why now? Like wut? On top of that good concealment. 

Ise had to lose a bunch of her firepower for Aircraft and that balanced it. This ship loses nothing. Its the traditional 30 knot BB, has good conceal, better than Minnesota in firepower which is tier ten levels of firepower at that point. And also she has exactly the same amount of HP as FDG which is a mid to close range brawling BB. I don't know what kind of armor this thing is getting, but I won't be surprised if its gonna be decent at best as it is typically with Americans.

This is a bad idea, hear that WG

What's your thought forumites?

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
178 posts
18,244 battles

My tought is that this game needs no more planes in it. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

Players
370 posts
13,896 battles
2 minutes ago, ZeMalm said:

My tought is that this game needs no more planes in it. 

Personally I like CV's', but with the new hybrid ships and airstrike coming  I think it's getting too much.

• Cool 8

[GEUS]
Players
103 posts
10,616 battles

Were did you find this? 

Was this in the US stream? Can someone link this...

BTW, I love the Ise so this should be fun...

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,375 posts
8,218 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Rockstone said:

Were did you find this? 
Can someone link this...

It was published on Dev Blog : https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/162

Yet, the planes have less hitpoints than Ise, at a tier where AAA is much stronger so for now I don't see how they could be useful save for spotting for the team.

Nevertheless, I agree with OP on the fact that the ship seems to lack the trade-off for getting planes ...

• Cool 3

Players
2,024 posts
4 minutes ago, Commander_Rockstone said:

Were did you find this? 

BTW, I love the Ise so this should be fun...

The devblog

• Cool 1

Players
2,740 posts
21,065 battles

You have to give it to WG when they get an idea they really run with it. 

• Funny 8

[-TPF-]
Players
4,932 posts
20,111 battles

1 minute ago, Commander_Rockstone said:

Were did you find this? 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/162

It's a bad idea. The whole idea of hybrid ships only occurs when a nation has too many hulls of a certain class and needs to do something more constructive with them. The US was perfectly capable of making as many carriers and battleships as it wanted, without compromising the idea or function of either. 

And as for in game balance, the concept of a ship with a proper NC/Iowa US BB gun load and aircraft is just silly. If Kearsage was limited to 14 inch guns  - presuming that this was an unsatisfactory Treaty era design the US had decided to muck about with - then it might make sense. But it looks very much as if the same people who decided that Everyone Needs an 18 inch Gun BB - with all the fun that brought - have now moved on to hybrids instead.

[TACHA]
Players
510 posts
962 battles

Players: We don't like air, it's a bad fit for the game. Many of us have left or stopped spending. 

WG: Eat moar planz.

Meanwhile, no new operations, no new maps, no new modes, no QoL fixes to the UI, ... the list goes on and on. 

It is hard for me to comprehend how a company could hate its playerbase so much that they would rather destroy the game than admit they were wrong. 

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1

Players
370 posts
13,896 battles

Biggest problem with this is the cumulative affect of having multiple ships in a game that can use aircraft.

One cv or a hybrid isn't too much of an issue, but when you could face a game with one or 2 cv's, a couple of hybrids and some Dutch cruisers, it's going to get silly.

WG definitely need to start introducing caps on aircraft carrying ship types if they go this route

• Funny 1

Players
1,005 posts
6,007 battles
12 minutes ago, arcticstorm123 said:

Biggest problem with this is the cumulative affect of having multiple ships in a game that can use aircraft.

One cv or a hybrid isn't too much of an issue, but when you could face a game with one or 2 cv's, a couple of hybrids and some Dutch cruisers, it's going to get silly.

WG definitely need to start introducing caps on aircraft carrying ship types if they go this route

If they want to sell these ships and see them proliferate, they’re hardly going to introduce caps, are they?

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,513 posts
27,685 battles

WTH?!?! GET OFF T9 WITH $§"%$%" FLIES SHEEPS....

:etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear:

@YabbaCoe@MrConway

WTH IS GOING ON?!?! why is this company so desperate in destroying any fun in this game?!

• Cool 4

Players
370 posts
13,896 battles
3 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

If they want to sell these ships and see them proliferate, they’re hardly going to introduce caps, are they?

No, but I was talking in terms of keeping players engaged, if playing a non hybrid, or ship without aircraft means you are just a target they can expect player numbers to drop pretty quickly, nobody plays a game just to be a target.

Player spend and numbers are important to WG

Players
1,005 posts
6,007 battles
2 minutes ago, arcticstorm123 said:

Player spend and numbers are important to WG

...if they confirm their flawed spreadsheet hypotheses .

there, fixed for you

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,266 posts
3,975 battles
2 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

WTH IS GOING ON?!?! why is this company so desperate in destroying any fun in this game?!

Ok unless they are really trying to kill off the game, the only logical explanation now is what I said yesterday in another thread.

WG are creating a problem so they can sell us a solution down the line. With so many plane attacks, the time has come for WG to use all the odd tier CV models, and bring in the fleet support carriers with fighters.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,513 posts
27,685 battles
Just now, Fat_Maniac said:

Ok unless they are really trying to kill off the game, the only logical explanation now is what I said yesterday in another thread.

WG are creating a problem so they can sell us a solution down the line. With so many plane attacks, the time has come for WG to use all the odd tier CV models, and bring in the fleet support carriers with fighters.

yeah, more planes..... no words really! they so much can %$§"$"§$ with the whole game progression since rts scrap! and all the bs the spouted along the way!!!

• Cool 2

Players
1,005 posts
6,007 battles

If there’s any rhyme or reason in this, it is wargaming’s hate of vision control and tactical gameplay in favour of easily accessible, arcadey shell/plane swinging. That is the net effect of radar and planes in every ship.

• Cool 4

Players
370 posts
13,896 battles
12 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

...if they confirm their flawed spreadsheet hupotheses.

there, fixed for you

What do you imagine you fixed?, in any business if a change results in a drop in revenue and customers any theoretical model gets dropped pretty quickly once the chief financial officer gets on the phone to the CEO.

You seriously think WG would continue with a model that hurts revenue?, and if having masses of aircraft does affect numbers playing and money spent you can bet it will be reversed or nerfed very quickly.

Unless of course they are trying to consciously destroy the business...

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,513 posts
27,685 battles

anyways, door is open: prepare for a lot of line splits lol

• Cool 2

Players
1,005 posts
6,007 battles
2 minutes ago, arcticstorm123 said:

What do you imagine you fixed?, in any business if a change results in a drop in revenue and customers any theoretical model gets dropped pretty quickly once the chief financial officer gets on the phone to the CEO.

You seriously think WG would continue with a model that hurts revenue?, and if having masses of aircraft does affect numbers playing and money spent you can bet it will be reversed or nerfed very quickly.

And yet, that’s nor how data or corporations work, by and large. The first problem is the data. You have a dozen different developments happen simultaneously, including external stuff like pbase spike from covid. Player numbers can go up despite a “bad” decision or vice versa. That kind of causal pattern will emerge, if at all, only after a long period typically. The second lroblem is your assumption that ppl in corps act rationally (in an economics sense). They often dont. Ppl dont want to admit theyre wrong, because their status, promotion or job might depend on it. Or you can have a wider cultureof, eg, not questioning bad decisions by higher ups.

what Ive seen from WG so far, as a guy with some experience of handling empirical data, is nit very reassuring.

• Cool 2

Players
370 posts
13,896 battles
5 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

And yet, that’s nor how data or corporations work, by and large. The first problem is the data. You have a dozen different developments happen simultaneously, including external stuff like pbase spike from covid. Player numbers can go up despite a “bad” decision or vice versa. That kind of causal pattern will emerge, if at all, only after a long period typically. The second lroblem is your assumption that ppl in corps act rationally (in an economics sense). They often dont. Ppl dont want to admit theyre wrong, because their status, promotion or job might depend on it. Or you can have a wider cultureof, eg, not questioning bad decisions by higher ups.

what Ive seen from WG so far, as a guy with some experience of handling empirical data, is nit very reassuring.

Doesn't match my experience, but whatever, gaming companies like this have highly developed analytical software, they know pretty quickly when there are drops in gameplay, numbers,  etc., if a business waits months to react to financial data it won't be a business for very long.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles
1 hour ago, totally_potato said:

image.thumb.png.f41094e2ca2488743d642f1508413734.png

image.thumb.png.2c32baa721b1011ee8331e40021783d3.png

What in god's name is this??

Hybrids are currently facing a lot of hate. But I seem to like the Ise

Here's why

Ise is a stripped down Hyuga but in compensation has a torpedo bomber squad to launch. I liked this coz eight 14 inch guns was tier 5 BB fire power and it had bad gun angles on top. And the torp bomber itself isn't that impressive. But combining both made it a strong ship. Its know that - x - = +. That's what happened with this ship and made it strong but not OP. Using the weapons individually made it crap, but using both simultaneously made a unique and interesting concept of weapons cycle. It actually required skill to do well

Well this Kearsarge removes that completely. It take Tiny Tim rocket planes and combines them with essentially a BB with tier 10 fire power. These are NC guns. So that means its a better Minnesota (in AP alpha strike and reload) with the hybrid CV on top. It removes that good balance that Ise had. Tiny Tim rockets are no joke, and can set fires on BBs and pin pretty much every cruiser except the German SCs. Like why did you bring this design to WoW and why now? Like wut? On top of that good concealment. 

Ise had to lose a bunch of her firepower for Aircraft and that balanced it. This ship loses nothing. Its the traditional 30 knot BB, has good conceal, better than Minnesota in firepower which is tier ten levels of firepower at that point. And also she has exactly the same amount of HP as FDG which is a mid to close range brawling BB. I don't know what kind of armor this thing is getting, but I won't be surprised if its gonna be decent at best as it is typically with Americans.

This is a bad idea, hear that WG

What's your thought forumites?

Do you play with Tiny Tim rockets ?

They are already quite inaccurate on US CV rocket fighters and while you can hit DD with it if you have a steady hand and patience, they are better launched at (light) Cruisers.

Thing is on this hybrid WG can fiddle with their accuracy further.....even give it FDR levels of inaccuracy. So when some of you guys are already going nuts, those Tiny Tims could when fired wooosh away in uncontrollable directions, everywhere but on the target. Unless it's BB or SuperCruiser sized, like FDR accuracy Although personally i hope they do not do that, FDR is very unenjoyable to play.

That is why torpedo's are the more reliable weapon. They at least have a pattern you can count on.

And regarding introduction of "more planes" yes that seems unavoidable to face now isn't it ? No mewling and protesting will reverse that course. But maybe when the skies are filled with planes WG will have no choice but to rework planes spotting. Certainly with al the "fragile" surfaced Submarines about. that must have playable gameplay as well. And then a long term wish of antiplane players will come true. After that planes will only be another munition flying through the air....yes "guided" munitions....but they do not pack 100+K potential damage an AP salvo can have neither. And that comes falling from the air too....

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,005 posts
6,007 battles
6 minutes ago, arcticstorm123 said:

Doesn't match my experience, but whatever, gaming companies like this have highly developed analytical software, they know pretty quickly when there are drops in gameplay, numbers,  etc., if a business waits months to react to financial data it won't be a business for very long.

Then our experiences are different, and we’ll leave it at that.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this