Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
undutchable80

[2021] Must-have non-premium ships per tier & class (Tier IV)

Which tier IV ships are considered must-have?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tier IV Destroyer is a must-have?

• Isokaze
    • Clemson
    • V-170
    • Izyaslav
    • Shenyang
    • Wakeful
    • Klas Horn
    • Bourrasque
    • None
  2. 2. Which Tier IV Cruiser is a must-have?

• Phoenix
    • Kuma
    • Karlsruhe
    • Danae
    • Svietlana
    • Duguay-Trouin
    • Alberto di Giussano
    • None
  3. 3. Which Tier IV Battleship is a must-have?

• Wyoming
    • Myōgi
    • Kaiser
    • Orion
    • Courbet
    • Gangut
    • Dante Alighieri
    • None
  4. 4. Which Tier IV CV is a must-have?

• Langley
    • Hōshō
    • Hermes
    • Rhein
    • None

6 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
920 battles

Hey Captains,

I did a similar project on the WoT forums and thought it would be interesting and useful to me as a ship-newb to replicate here. I don’t know if this has been done before, but I would be interested in what you consider "must-have" non-premium ships per tier and per class (yes, CV’s included). 

There are just so many ships in the game, and I know I will have a hard time to 'get them all', even if I wanted to; maybe some nations don't interest me, or some lines I suck (more) at. But maybe my bias towards to the Pan-Asian line might make me miss out on a gem at tier 4, and this topic might open my eyes to it. Whether for historical reasons (Bismarck), looks-so-ugly-its-cute reasons, unique gameplay, for completing missions, or it-earns-the-most-credits reasons. Anything goes; ships everyone should own for special reasons. Maybe there is a ship that used to be THE ship to own, but has been forgotten by WG, and now sits in port with veteran player’s nostalgia for it. Like owning a racecar from the 60's that doesn’t keep up with today’s racecars but still holds that special place in people hearts and becomes part of the collector's items cult.

DISCLAIMER: This poll is NOT meant to be about which ships are the "best" or OP, because that would be a whole different poll, but if you want to vote that way, be my guest.

My idea behind it all is that some players consider owning (and playing) all (relevant) Tier 10 ships as the endgame. Others play for stats etc. Ultimately, there is no endgame, except what we set for ourselves personally. Personally, I don’t have an endgame; I am just starting and I have discovered the fun of historical ships at tier 5-7 and Operations game mode, and I don’t feel any rush to fly up the tiers. So, my idea behind the question & polls was maybe to give me some inspiration what ships lines / specific ships to grind for in due time, for whatever awesome reason you veterans come up with. And heck, maybe I will have inspired some of you or other newbs in the process. 

I will start with Tier 4 and make new posts for the other tiers as the week goes by all the way up to Tier X.

Please pick one or more of the ships you voted for and comment on why you put it in the must-have list. A few weeks after I have posted the Tier 10 poll, I will collect the data and create a top-5 poll per ship class & tier for you to vote on.

Note: Maybe too much to hope for, but please refrain from negatively commenting on each other's highlighted ship. This is not intended to be a thread to discuss the statistics of ship A vs ship B and thus why you think ship B is better etc. If you disagree with someone, just close the thread and read something else. 

GL & HF and thank you all who cast your vote!

~ Dutch

PS If I accidentally included a rare / premium tank not available in the tech tree, please let me know. Similarly if I missed a ship that should be included. 

PPS Poll layout is a bit different than on WoT-forums. I have made the poll multiple choice, but please dont vote for all "just because I can". Thank you. 

PPPS Depending how well the polls go, I may do a separate poll on premium ships. 

EDIT - Links to the other polls:

Tier V

Tier VI

Tier VII

Tier VIII

Tier IX

Tier X

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,960 battles

I can vaguely remember Orion was pretty tough as an opponent ( there for memorable ) and i liked Gangut because it is pratically an Oktober Revolutsiya but with secondaries still there. :Smile_teethhappy:

And as a CV player i enjoyed Rhein...it seems more powerful or enjoyable to use then other CV of the tier. Love the plane models on that as well.

Operations bots use Isokaze, Clemson, Kuma and Karlsruhe a lot.....and fare pretty bad vs tier VI player ships ofcourse. But their torpedo's always hurt...or destroy no matter what tier they hit.

Players
2,024 posts

DDs

V-170

Clemson

Isokaze

BBs

Kaiser

Gangut

Gangut/Imperator

Orion

Cruisers

Kuma

Duguay

Karlsruhe/Svietlana

CVs

Rhein

Hosho

Anyone has a question why, then feel free to quote me

[OHFK]
Players
312 posts
8,175 battles

DD: the V-170 (same for the DD's before it) is hilarious because of its forward facing torps. So many people do not expect those.

I was very sad with the T-22 because it no longer had them :(

Players
103 posts
920 battles

Tier 4 may not be the most popular tier, but there have to be more opinions on the ship at this tier?

[FAILS]
Players
805 posts
22,543 battles

For DDs: Clemson as a short range powerhouse with her double barrelled guns, Izyaslav as the first real gunboat in the Russian DD line which plays almost exactly like any of her higher tier counterparts, but also has plenty of torpedes to ambush anything.

Cruisers: Kuma, the massively oversized destroyer. Strong HE, lots of torpedoes, fast. No armour, but that is a given for t4 cruisers.

BB: Gangut. None of the tier 4 tech tree BBs is particularly exciting, so I might as well go with the strongest. Orion used to be that, but I think Gangut is even better.

CVs: I don't care.

Sign in to follow this