Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

What use have tier V premiums ?

Tier 5 Premium ships  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you purchase tier 5 premiums ? What do you do with them ? ( multiple choice, you can give more then 1 answer )

• I got most tier V premiums for free, they float in port without use
    • I am a collector but i dont use them, they float in port without use
    • I am a collector and i use them in randoms or coop
    • I just enjoy using them in randoms
    • i just enjoy using them in coop
    • They are useless ( poor tier V play in randoms, poor reward in coop ) and i sold them
    • I do not buy tier V because of the low tier ( poor tier V play in randoms, poor reward in coop )
    • I would buy Tier V Premiums if there were good Operations for them
    • I keep them in port to prevent an unfavorable drop when i buy/get containers where a valuable ship could drop in its stead
    • I use them because many combat missions can still be done with tier V
    • I use them to club greenhorns with in randoms with my high tier experience for fun
    • I use them to club greenhorns with in randoms with my high tier experience to improve my stats
    • I bought them because they are the cheapest premiums to purchase, but still offer all premium ship benefits.
    • I play them in a mood of nostalgia.

84 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

Seeying WG keeps selling and advertising tier V ships I wonder why you have tier V premiums, why you have bought them with money or other recources and where and for what you use them.

I find no use for them at all......without tier 5 ( accessible ) Operations. Decided to sell them as i never buy boxes either ( so will not be disadvantaged by unfavorable low tier ship drops instead of high tier ones )

I may request them back some day for credits.....but only with a very good reason.

Got most of them tumbeling out of free boxes or as a ( pretty useless ) reward completing  tech tree celebration events. But i did buy some of them....but found i dont use them as i hate tier V randoms play and low Coop rewards.

• Cool 3

[BONI]
Players
1,307 posts
13,325 battles

I once bought Krispy Kreme of all things. I didn't think it was bad to play (anything is better than Omaha-class), but it's just gathering rust now. I also bought the Longboat, which is great for co-op and yolo playstyle in general.

[PLCTS]
[PLCTS]
Players
71 posts
6,080 battles

I got my Giulio Cesare when it was still on sale and i bought it 'cause it was dirt cheap and i needed a premium to earn silver credits. Now i only use her to rebalance my WR whenever MM throws me into teams who literally do everyting to lose a game.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
942 posts

Okhotnik is fun and good for getting kills, torp hits and torp dmg. Ceasare is a good ship if you have had a bad day and want to spread that missery. Other than those t5 are mostly just fodder for xmas containers.

Ps. There might be other good t5 prems but those 2 came to mind first.

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
4 minutes ago, FatherTorque said:

I got my Giulio Cesare when it was still on sale and i bought it 'cause it was dirt cheap and i needed a premium to earn silver credits. Now i only use her to rebalance my WR whenever MM throws me into teams who literally do everyting to lose a game.

That is about the only Tier V i would like to have yes, it clubbed my otherwise ecellent performing Veribus Unitis with ease.....but more by reputation then i would use it probabaly. That is why i won't spend real money on countless boxes to get it.

Players
350 posts
4,221 battles

I only have Kirov and Yahagi and for now I use them coop when I dont feel like playing other modes at that time or retraining crews. WG should make some scenarios or ranked for this tier 

• Cool 3

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • captain trainer
  • economic boost
  • fun

- Highter tier premiums train captains too ( and faster )

- Highter tier premiums get higher rewards

- Fun ? Personal opinion so i respect that.

And most important of all ( to me ) : Tier VI and VII have acces to Operations.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
32,531 posts
16,289 battles
4 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

- Highter tier premiums train captains too ( and faster )

- Highter tier premiums get higher rewards

- Fun ? Personal opinion so i respect that.

And most important of all ( to me ) : Tier VI and VII have acces to Operations.

• which is much more expensive or out of reach for new players
  • Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

True,...added a poll question to cover that too.

[MORIA]
Players
331 posts
41,199 battles

I have never bought premium ships below tier 7 (and even then, I bought only a few like Belfast and Kutuzov). Over the years I got tons of them premiums with (Xmas) containers, missions and the likes and keep them for the snow flakes and get some extra coal. Given the broken economy there is also no reason at all for me to sell even one...

port queens for snow flakes 

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,236 posts
24,621 battles

I bought a few, got some as an event ship. And some are available for coal.

Reason 1. Collect them all ( no longer my obsesssion though since the number of premiums is going up and my will to invest in WG is currently low).

Reason 2. For use as coal snowflake. Currently have all T5-T7 silver ships and 90% of premiums in port to boost my coal snowflake Xmas event.

Reason 3. In 2019 I Xmas whaled. At that time I the lowest tier that I had ships uncounted for was 1 T6 so I forced relative high drop premiums. Excluding the rare T5 though. Got Gremyashi, still missing 2 Kamikaze clones.

Reason 4. Some T5 are good. GC and Kamikaze R being the 2 notable for me.

Reason 5. Some T5 ships were sold as eventship. Their value was more then the bad ship itself. I bought them to have easier access to event goodies.

Reason 6. Sometimes I get extremely lucky. Got Agincourt in the first crate.

Base reason: never sell premium ships.

And most important.: with a potential 5k+ Community resource income a month ( some twitch some recruits) I can spam T5 random containers once in 2 months. With the only possible outcome being duplicates, I am looking at doubloons here. Together with the 12 guaranteed monthly SC, the 25 SC from T10 Xmas + some odd rng ones I am looking at 40 SC which will result in quite some doubloon drops. Plus that 12x 100 that you also get each month. Plus the lesser reward containers that can have doubloons during anniversary event.

So WOWS will be FTP without being currency starved. Enough to finance dockyard events etc. Or the Xmas campaign ship.

• Cool 1

Players
27 posts
7,655 battles

They exist as a measure of player intelligence. If you spend real money on a ship that has the sole purpose of beeing farmed by cvs in double-cv games (set in a time period where cvs where still exceedingly rare), WG regards you as a perfect cattle customer.

• Funny 1

Players
175 posts
4,683 battles

I got most of mine from boxes and I just use them in coop to dust off snowflakes.

I just wish WG would add more ops at other tiers, V included, then they'd get much more use!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,137 posts
19,853 battles

1. I got most of my T5 premiums for free through various events, e.g. the 4 ARP Kongo sisters or Kamikaze R.

2. I bought some T5 premiums for money or doubloons, especially when my account was still young, e.g. Murmansk.

3. Making use of the Gremyashchy bundle I bought myself into the WoWs Beta in the first place.

4. I still play T5 once in a while, e.g. for certain missions or when a RL friend or clan mate is actively leveling (or regrinding) a new line and we division up.

That having said I have noticed early on that the XP/credits/fun meta in WoWs is much different from the respective meta in WGs sister product WoT. Whereas in WoT tier 5 and 6 premiums more often than not were my go-to vehicles in order to grind XP/credits and/or to have fun, in WoWs the average tier for doing so seems to be more like in the region of T7, T8 or even T9.

• Cool 1

Players
350 posts
4,221 battles
13 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

I bought a few, got some as an event ship. And some are available for coal.

Reason 1. Collect them all ( no longer my obsesssion though since the number of premiums is going up and my will to invest in WG is currently low).

Reason 2. For use as coal snowflake. Currently have all T5-T7 silver ships and 90% of premiums in port to boost my coal snowflake Xmas event.

Reason 3. In 2019 I Xmas whaled. At that time I the lowest tier that I had ships uncounted for was 1 T6 so I forced relative high drop premiums. Excluding the rare T5 though. Got Gremyashi, still missing 2 Kamikaze clones.

Reason 4. Some T5 are good. GC and Kamikaze R being the 2 notable for me.

Reason 5. Some T5 ships were sold as eventship. Their value was more then the bad ship itself. I bought them to have easier access to event goodies.

Reason 6. Sometimes I get extremely lucky. Got Agincourt in the first crate.

Base reason: never sell premium ships.

And most important.: with a potential 5k+ Community resource income a month ( some twitch some recruits) I can spam T5 random containers once in 2 months. With the only possible outcome being duplicates, I am looking at doubloons here. Together with the 12 guaranteed monthly SC, the 25 SC from T10 Xmas + some odd rng ones I am looking at 40 SC which will result in quite some doubloon drops. Plus that 12x 100 that you also get each month. Plus the lesser reward containers that can have doubloons during anniversary event.

So WOWS will be FTP without being currency starved. Enough to finance dockyard events etc. Or the Xmas campaign ship.

I already see WG removing doublons compensation for those crates. But that should work for several months until they notice how some tend to farm doublons by that

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
3 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

most missions start from t5 ...

Yes but a lot of permanent campaign directives,  some dockyard directives and other directives exclude them.

Players
1,068 posts
9,310 battles

I've never bought a ship. I have a few tier V premiums, which I don't play. Only Viribus Unitis, when I want to feel dirty, but that's rare.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,293 posts
14,001 battles

I guess i should have them all ... cant think of one T5 Prem which is missing.

Honestly i do play them on a regular basis, not daily of course, but for missions or snowflakes. At tier 5 only premium ships in my port , good enough.

T5 can be really fun to play.

A T4 CV is not that life-threatening for a cruiser as it is at T8 or T10 and the battles are pretty chilled.

Sometimes its a roflstomp, sometimes the matches are more intersting than the usual hightier match these days. BB are still moving and attacking ... sometimes ^^.

But hey, thats the way it is at this tier.

My dearest wish: szenarios/operations for T5 ships, that would be great :Smile_Default:

• Cool 3

[SINT]
Players
1,236 posts
24,621 battles
23 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd11 said:

I already see WG removing doublons compensation for those crates. But that should work for several months until they notice how some tend to farm doublons by that

I got a duplicate Marblehead L. and a T2 dd from a junior container. And thus the doubloon compensation value. With this change my “ token” income will be doubled. So I will either save up and buy a “ secure” T5 doubloon return crate or continue to go RNG on junior/ seasoned/ veteran crates but with double of currency available.

The latter ones being exceptionally interesting in the “ one for me, one for my friend” version due to the discount. Already have my recruit ( who will now also have a substantial increase of tokens due to Twitch) to copy the action. And these crates can also drop doubloons directly.

So it will be a mathematical thing which option give the most doubloons and the amount of rng that is involved.

If WG removes doubloon compensation from T5 random premium the alternative of recruitment containers will prevail.

[-_W_-]
Players
130 posts
570 battles

Tier 5 premium ships are not that bad, for example, their most important feature is that they take up unnecessary space in the port.:Smile_trollface:

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
420 posts
10,015 battles

I only bought Texas, 3 or 4 years ago. The other one's I got for free and I am keeping them.

Players
1,318 posts
7,497 battles

I'm a collector. If there's a historical ship and if it's equipped with a historical permanent camouflage, I want it. And yes, I wish there were T5 ops.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this