Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cashgrany_1

After 1945 ?

96 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,293 posts
13,080 battles

Me? I'm just a player, I don't decide things like this. Maybe someone at WG knows?

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
20 minutes ago, cashgrany_1 said:

Do you plan to add post-1945 ships in the future?

With anti-ship missiles come anti-ship missile defence systems so i dont see why not.

But when ships between the two era's have to fight each other, this can be seen as unattractive  : ships without anti-ship missile defences will ofcourse get sunk without a chance.

So how does a game like WOWS get around that ? It is not impossible though.....the early systems will not have been certain to hit even without anti-ship missile defences in play.  But is it attractive to players ?

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,645 posts
29,111 battles
9 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Me? I'm just a player, I don't decide things like this. Maybe someone at WG knows?

If you believe in yourself you can achieve anything:cap_win:

• Funny 4

[LD3V]
Players
559 posts
2,213 battles

Unfortunately they already did, and it ruins the immersion IMO... I don't want this game to become like war thunder bullsh*t 

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,293 posts
13,080 battles
3 minutes ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

Unfortunately they already did, and it ruins the immersion IMO... I don't want this game to become like war thunder bullsh*t 

I agree. I'd rather they focus on improving the visuals and physics, and perhaps making weather more dynamic with choppier seas that potentially impact ship movement. More envirnmental realism - this would enhance immersion. The engine is beginning to feel rather outdated now.

• Cool 9

Players
6 posts
364 battles

I wouldn't like modern ships either but ships from the 50s - 60s or even 70s could be a bonus for the game and I don't know if the ship from the 50s - 60s had anti-missile systems and more They did not fire many missiles in this game, but more shells and torpedoes.

[LD3V]
Players
559 posts
2,213 battles

and to be honest... post WW2 ships are just ugly, the more modern the uglier.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,423 posts
1 minute ago, Shaka_D said:

I agree. I'd rather they focus on improving the visuals and physics, and perhaps making weather more dynamic with choppier seas that potentially impact ship movement. More envirnmental realism - this would enhance immersion. The engine is beginning to feel rather outdated now.

lol, where is money in that ...

but new ships with new mechanics ... muchos dineros ... tested on paying players ... even more muchos dineros

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
7 minutes ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

and to be honest... post WW2 ships are just ugly, the more modern the uglier.

image.png.b512231bfa8baef2e618306b44a84198.png

Agree....and very vulnerable tin cans too boot as they do not rely on armour anymore.

But when you think of that , in this game that might be a serious drawback.

What is the difference between an in game existing  25 km "rail gun" sniper ship  and fictive a 25 km anti-ship missile firing frigate ?  The similarity is if when you can get close, they are doomed.

• Cool 5

[SM0KE]
Players
7,526 posts
16,116 battles
26 minutes ago, cashgrany_1 said:

Do you plan to add post-1945 ships in the future?

There are quite a few already; as I understand it, the frame of reference that is being used is - essentially - all gun ships, and no smart weapons (guided missiles and homing torpedoes), at least for surface ships.

Personally, I have no objections to the newer designs, provided they're balanced.

[LD3V]
Players
559 posts
2,213 battles
3 minuti fa, Beastofwar ha scritto:

image.png.b512231bfa8baef2e618306b44a84198.png

Agree....and very vulnerable tin cans too boot as they do not rely on armour anymore.

look at this abomination of a ship... this is an insult 

[LD3V]
Players
559 posts
2,213 battles
Proprio ora, cashgrany_1 ha scritto:

I am not talking about a van from the 2000s and +. -_-

Look at War thunder, once you start the process... they will never stop. I don't want that... this is a WW1, interwar and WW2 game. 

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
2 minutes ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

Look at War thunder, once you start the process... they will never stop. I don't want that... this is a WW1, interwar and WW2 game. 

Is it ? Where does it say that ?

And even so, that describtion is easy to change if need be. Other games have gone there even when claiming for the longest time they would not. I did play WT daily once....

[LD3V]
Players
559 posts
2,213 battles

We already have so many ships with a sh*tshow of gimmicks, Hybrids are coming... we don't need more ships, we need improvements to the game and balance. 

• Cool 2

[LD3V]
Players
559 posts
2,213 battles
1 minuto fa, Beastofwar ha scritto:

Is it ? Where does it say that ?

What I'm saying is that few years ago people on war thunder were saying "yeah no further 45-55s" look now, we're getting Tomcats, Fulcrums etc... and knowing Gaijing I wouldn't be surprised if those jets will going to be fighting against mig-19s :Smile_popcorn:

Players
3,672 posts
12,649 battles
8 minutes ago, cashgrany_1 said:

I, too, think that would give the game a new boost.

And what would you know about that after 294 games and tier 8?

New boost? Dear god.

Sign in to follow this