You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jessa_Doom

Friendly ramming fines.

7 comments in this topic

Players
480 posts

HI All.

Why is it that when some other players who can't look where they are going ram me and i get the fine even if i'm stationary it's not my fault you ram me.

Most of you players that get rammed by another and it's not your fault you'll still get a fine for it, somehow that's not a fair.

IT's like you being on the phone while driving not looking where you are going and cause an accident then blame the other driver IS THAT FAIR. 

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
32,510 posts
16,285 battles
  • complaning about such a negligible fine... :Smile_facepalm:
  • most players are not familiar with maritime law
  • enforcing that would not make much sense, and is almost impossible to do automaticly

• Cool 1

Players
794 posts
29,804 battles

Ramming doesn´t do much Damage so it´s unlikely that you will get pink because of it unless the guy who ramms you is almost dead.

In a Ramm both Parties will damage each other pretty much in an equal amount of Hitpoints (HP)

The Program can´t tell if a party has rammed on purpose or not.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

It is not ramming but scratching paint......and it is not a fine but a bill for the cost of new paint to be applied....

image.thumb.png.ecaa8950ec2ce50e05e0dcf8e112d484.png

• Funny 2

[TOHOU]
Players
432 posts
5,240 battles

some dude literally scratched my paint for like 80 % hp on one game lol usually its smaller ships that doesnt make way even its the nautical law

[NWP]
Players
1,600 posts
13,227 battles
9 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

It is not ramming but scratching paint......

being pedantic LOL what you see is fender marks not ship to ship scratching 

Just being a brick LOL 

[OHFK]
Players
312 posts
8,219 battles
11 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

HI All.

Why is it that when some other players who can't look where they are going ram me and i get the fine even if i'm stationary it's not my fault you ram me.

Most of you players that get rammed by another and it's not your fault you'll still get a fine for it, somehow that's not a fair.

IT's like you being on the phone while driving not looking where you are going and cause an accident then blame the other driver IS THAT FAIR. 

How would you solve this?

1: Make WG write some code to determine which ship was at fault? I would not even know how you could code that.

2: After each ram a form will pop-up for both ships, requiring them to fill out their positions, their speed and headings, what they think happened and who they think was wrong. Then these forms will get send in to WG where they will look over both forms, judge who was at fault and sent that player a ticket to pay X amount of credits / doubloons? Something like that?

3: Just accept you lost 10 credits because somebody could not steer a ship and move on.

I'm going with option 3 myself.