You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Combat Discipline: Disabling Friendly Fire

80 comments in this topic

[BBMMX]
Players
7 posts

Didn't like the friendly fire abolishment in WoT, don't like it here. IMO it makes trolling and griefing easier. Granted, it's probably not going to be as severe here as in WoT, where it led to complete disregard about where you're driving especially at the start of the battle, blocking allied shots intentionally, a great increase of pushing people out of cover, and much more. Still, I'm old school and I firmly believe friendly fire belongs to a multiplayer game. I think removing it coddles players innecessantly, and frankly, it infuriates me that the game companies believe we need to be coddled like that.

• Cool 3

[ALYEN]
Players
2,995 posts
4,475 battles

The removal of friendly fire moves the game away from a team oriented effort and more into a single player with bots territory. Now you don't have to care about hitting friendlies so you can have at it as you wish ...

• Cool 2

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
47 posts
10,342 battles

I notice that playing ranked with 5-6 players vs. 7 is still considered "fair", for the people actually trying to play the game properly. The devs. like to punish players for being unlucky in the MM. Its BS to say the least.

13-14 active vs. 15 in Random I can live with. You should obviously remove star loss for the entire team, when a "griefer" (or more, and trust me, there are lots) joins Ranked Battles.

Friendly fire never was a big problem. You fixed what wasnt seriously broken, and left the huge problem of ranked mechanics in effect. Well played!

• Cool 1

[DEFR]
Players
4 posts
6,362 battles
On 6/11/2021 at 4:42 PM, hardkur911 said:

i can assure u i will sail i your torps if u torp from behind me , u dont care about me i dont care about u simple

and thereby you prove that this change , making friendly fire not count is just making things worse

[DEFR]
Players
4 posts
6,362 battles

Is this game supposed to be another shoot'em up game or an actual team game?
When you play us all for [Edit] you are moving to the first. i give it one more update, then i will get 20 hours free time per week before i find another strategic team game that works.