You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Combat Discipline: Disabling Friendly Fire

80 comments in this topic

[TNNC]
Players
4 posts
1,306 battles
15 minutes ago, hardkur911 said:

i can assure u i will sail i your torps if u torp from behind me , u dont care about me i dont care about u simple

Then you are a toxic player. 

13 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

If the player continues to fire at allies and scores 40 hits on the same ship or 50 hits on different ships in a single battle, they will be issued a warning. Their nickname will turn pink.

14 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

If you accidently hit 50 torps in 1 battle (or 40 on 1 target), it is no longer an accident.

Are you sure that hits and torpedoes are equal? 

In the current version, you will get a warning if you ram or shell an ally, but wont turn pink at first offense. If you hit someone with a torpedo you immediately turn pink. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OHFK]
Players
312 posts
8,216 battles
2 minutes ago, Wulffstein said:

Are you sure that hits and torpedoes are equal? 

In the current version, you will get a warning if you ram or shell an ally, but wont turn pink at first offense. If you hit someone with a torpedo you immediately turn pink. 

@YabbaCoe Can you confirm that torps count as 1 hit for the 40 / 50 required hit to get a warning?

Edit: and if it does count as 1, could you maybe update the article to show that there as well?

[-M-W-]
Players
87 posts
9,662 battles
3 minutes ago, Wulffstein said:

Then you are a toxic player. . 

sure im toxic i play these game long time , people torping me from behind made me super salty , they have 8 km torps and drop them on 12 km away target with me in the middle more than once . so no mercy

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,425 posts
39 minutes ago, hardkur911 said:

i can assure u i will sail i your torps if u torp from behind me , u dont care about me i dont care about u simple

same here, own torps from behind and I'll do everything to catch them all

and now with no dmg :)

• Cool 4

Players
484 posts
21,124 battles
3 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Everything you need to know about the changes that are being made to the unsportsmanlike conduct prevention system.

Read it on the portal

I am pink few times in month , but 100% reason behind it is torpedos , sometimes I am to concentraited on target and I shoot them and they hit more that enemy , other times my team mates do somethig crazy like steam in to it cause they want to ram enemy , that is annoying , I have even once sunk my self being pink... I have been orange once , after I got pink I have made misstake to taking Youshino with it frendly fire torpedos ...

Players
484 posts
21,124 battles
3 hours ago, Dionysian said:

Can you clarify this situation please.

I enter a battle and am first to die after say 5 minutes. the battle lasts the full 20 minutes. I have therefore participated for 25% of the battle.

Do i have to sit there watching my teammates or can i exit back to port, get another ship and go into a new battle without a penalty.

You just get out battle , and play other ship .

[LNIXH]
Players
4 posts
12,470 battles

How ridiculous this all is....you now need to make sure ALL your torps hit the target they were aimed at as any that miss can strike your Teammate, and that's it, you lose all HP/Credits. You also now need to hold fire on ships that are near you and close to destruction, as you can fire, Teammate gets a citadel and finishes of the ship, which stops the ship dead in the water but your torps still go ....again maybe striking a Teammate. FOG OF WAR WG...you can't be punishing all and sundrie for stray torps, for god's sake it happens, it doesn't mean it's deliberate. If anything, give Allies a move advanced warning of friendly fire because this is going to turn messy in Co-Op. You are going to get people that will just will not avoid incoming friendly fire as it will be messing with their kill.

Why not just deduct from your own HP pool any friendly fire inflicted...far simpler.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OHFK]
Players
312 posts
8,216 battles
42 minutes ago, Rearend said:

How ridiculous this all is....you now need to make sure ALL your torps hit the target they were aimed at as any that miss can strike your Teammate, and that's it, you lose all HP/Credits.

Please read the article better:

If the player continues to fire at allies and scores 40 hits on the same ship or 50 hits on different ships in a single battle, they will be issued a warning. Their nickname will turn pink.

You do not get pink for 1 torp.

And you only loose your xp/credits if you go pink during a match.

• Cool 1

[TOHOU]
Players
432 posts
5,237 battles

what happens if you get sunk by your own torps , because your ship is faster than torps xD

also you get pink for i think 2or 3 torps

• Funny 1

Players
290 posts
4,455 battles

All I see is making sure a Kitakami doesn't turn pink unless they hit all of their 40 torps. 

Players
1 post
1,441 battles

To disabling friendly fire i think you bring more unrealistic things to this beautiful game , i dont like this idea at all :Smile_facepalm:

[-M-W-]
Players
87 posts
9,662 battles

comparing to captain rework or CV rework these change don't impress me even slightest

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
35 posts
18,735 battles

I'm a dd main and I very rarely hit allies with torps. Rule of thumb: if there's a risk of hitting a friendly, hold your torps.

I saw above an example: "I fire my torp and my ally is stupid enough to go ramming": that's so lame, if an ally is thinking of ramming is because he's already very close to the enemy ship and if he's close, you hold your torps, simple as that.

Instead you want your teammate that is engaging in close combat to care about your torps when he's already trying his best to kill an enemy at 3 kms and don't die in return. That happens so many times when I play bb and it infuriates me, cause it's selfish at its worse.

• Cool 4

[SA]
[SA]
Players
2 posts
10,590 battles

Starting with Update 0.10.5, we're disabling allied damage in all battle types. This change will have a positive impact on gameplay—players will no longer be able to damage or destroy allied ships.

Congratz on such a brilliant "improvement": making a game dumber is always something worth celebrating.

WG please explain: What kind of positive impact?

• Cool 2

Players
1 post
4,477 battles

This whole thing is very dumb. How is this change going to make the game any better? It will be very easy to grief allied players by purposely driving into their torps, and it will be hard to avoid torps shot by allied cruisers and such from behind. There are lots of reasons to fire torps behind allies and it is now made much harder to co-operate. Can we at least get a quick command to warn allies of torps? This change seems to be 100% bad for the game, I have no idea why anyone would do this.

I have never before reacted to WG's bad decisions, but this is over the line. Why on earth would the damage to alllies be removed and the consequences thoughened? It just encourages griefing and fixes a problem which at least I have never experienced.

Edit: People are even saying in this very thread that they will be purposely collecting allied torps just because they are salty. Unbelieveable.

Edited by Pahvilaatikko609
Additional information, people are more toxic than expected
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GTPF]
Players
38 posts

I think keep the damage so players dont take torps by their will or for that matter all other damage, And mix that up whit the new system since it can be abused.

As one DD player my self I know how to hold my torps.

If one player takes your torps when he have time to turn or what ever you may also have warned him/her but the player change course against your torps. Then what? He should also get one punishment for it. That can be serius abused.

I dont like the new system at all.

• Bad 1

[WGZK]
Players
96 posts
7,315 battles

I got pink tons of times because the client  crashed before the start of the battle and I have to restart my pc in order to fix the problem, I think this method to get pink should be included in the video as well.:cap_book:

Players
1 post
1,730 battles
I am very disappointed with the latest changes,
 I thought that this game will be as close as possible to reality but it is not so. 
I don't understand what the vision was? , how can you not damage an allied ship? it still happens ... 
I thought that all the changes will be for the better, 
I expected to see waves that create roll or pitch on ships to be closer to reality ... 
I don't think are these last changes good, to stay in the game after you have been destroyed? 
I can play with another ship, I don't waste time. Maybe you're thinking of revoking the changes because 
I don't think they bring anything good in the game, maybe fewer players who knows?

regards :cap_yes:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,574 posts
10,626 battles

I am Glad we now get a Clear Message that its gonna be 40-50 Hits before a Warning is Issued. Thus knowing that we wont be Issued a Warning just because someone on Purpose Turned to Catch a Torp or Snuggled up to your Broadside while we were Zoomed out to Fire. 

I would maybe Suggest to make it a bit Dynamic based on Shots per Minute of a Ship.

As 40 Hits on the same Ship with a Battleship means it could basicly Fire at an Ally for 2 Minutes without anything Happening.

While a Worcester could Fulfill this Criteria in about 20 Seconds.

But thats a Minor thing. Unlike before where I was Extremely Worried about this being Abused. This Current Iteration should already be Fairly Hard to Abuse. As even tough a Worcester or Harugumo might still be sometimes catched off Guard while Firing. It is now Significantly Harder than before.

Especially for Torps. Catching a Salvo from Behind basicly can be Ignored and thus makes it pretty hard for Allies to on Purpose turn you Pink by Intercepting Slow Torps on Purpose.

My Opinion on Punishing Sudden Disconnects remains Unchanged.

I think a certain Number of Sudden Disconnects in a Preset Timeframe should always go Unpunished.

Anyone can be Unlucky and have his Computer Shut down or some Error Occur or whatever now and then.

So I think this should always be Ignored.

For example. 3 Per Week or Something like that.

So that if someone has Internet Trouble and Disconnects. Then Tries again and Disconnects again. (And very likely is already very Annoyed with that anyways) then does not on Top get Punished by the Game for trying to Play.

[TF57]
Players
53 posts

Having trouble understanding people with an issue to the question regarding leaving early when your ship has sunk.

Of course the easiest fix here is for Wargaming to answer the question.

Other forum members chiming in does not help the OP get his answer.

I would also like a direct answer to this from Wargaming and not someone who thinks its pretty clear.

As someone who has been given a leave early warning after my ship has sunk, I am very interested in the answer.

Players
1 post
935 battles
19 hours ago, CallicoJackRackham said:

Could you please reconsider keeping the torpedo warning. 

SO many times have i seen people tunnelvisioning on to keep their guns on an enemy and acively turning into friendly torpedoes. 

I would not fancy getting a warning because some teammate hellbend on sinking that one enemy turning into torps, not getting a warning of them incoming, getting hit and me getting a warning while i did not even damage them (cause you are removing friendly damage). 

this happened to me a few days ago where I launched aerial torpedoes at a ship that but it got sunk and the Allie ship was heading on the collision course with the torps and he was firring on an other ship across the map...

[OHFK]
Players
312 posts
8,216 battles
12 hours ago, Pahvilaatikko609 said:

This whole thing is very dumb. How is this change going to make the game any better? It will be very easy to grief allied players by purposely driving into their torps, and it will be hard to avoid torps shot by allied cruisers and such from behind. There are lots of reasons to fire torps behind allies and it is now made much harder to co-operate. Can we at least get a quick command to warn allies of torps? This change seems to be 100% bad for the game, I have no idea why anyone would do this.

I have never before reacted to WG's bad decisions, but this is over the line. Why on earth would the damage to alllies be removed and the consequences thoughened? It just encourages griefing and fixes a problem which at least I have never experienced.

Edit: People are even saying in this very thread that they will be purposely collecting allied torps just because they are salty. Unbelieveable.

It is very easy to grief players indeed: just purposely drive into 40 of their torps and they will get no xp / credits.

Please read the article more carefully:

If somebody manages to catch 40 of your torps, I'm really wondering what is happening in that battle.

• Cool 1

[TOHOU]
Players
432 posts
5,237 battles

allied torps approaching me

me : i gonna ruin this mans whole match xD

[CXFDK]
[CXFDK]
Beta Tester
21 posts
8,201 battles

This not a good move for the game. Have the player base really gotten so bad this is necesary?