Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Combat Discipline: Disabling Friendly Fire

80 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
74 posts

Could you please reconsider keeping the torpedo warning. 

SO many times have i seen people tunnelvisioning on to keep their guns on an enemy and acively turning into friendly torpedoes. 

I would not fancy getting a warning because some teammate hellbend on sinking that one enemy turning into torps, not getting a warning of them incoming, getting hit and me getting a warning while i did not even damage them (cause you are removing friendly damage). 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-M-W-]
Players
87 posts
9,512 battles

what if client crash and u cant login back ?

what about warpack cheaters , can u add function to report them ?

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,609 posts
4,588 battles
2 minutes ago, hardkur911 said:

what if client crash and u cant login back ?

what about warpack cheaters , can u add function to report them ?

 

You can always create a ticket to Customer Support to report those, who you think are using those warpacks

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYTHE]
Players
67 posts
12,644 battles

Can you clarify this situation please.

 

I enter a battle and am first to die after say 5 minutes. the battle lasts the full 20 minutes. I have therefore participated for 25% of the battle.

 

Do i have to sit there watching my teammates or can i exit back to port, get another ship and go into a new battle without a penalty.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-M-W-]
Players
87 posts
9,512 battles
11 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

You can always create a ticket to Customer Support to report those, who you think are using those warpacks

so convenient and ez , its good to knew u care 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,405 posts
15 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

You can always create a ticket to Customer Support to report those, who you think are using those warpacks

would it yield anything more than automatic answer from the bot telling that everything is covered by automatic systems and therefore nothing will done?

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-WHO-]
[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
9 posts
14,258 battles
15 minutes ago, Dionysian said:

Can you clarify this situation please.

 

I enter a battle and am first to die after say 5 minutes. the battle lasts the full 20 minutes. I have therefore participated for 25% of the battle.

 

Do i have to sit there watching my teammates or can i exit back to port, get another ship and go into a new battle without a penalty.

Why dont you try actually reading the post? It clearly states the answer to your question.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-M-W-]
Players
87 posts
9,512 battles
7 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

would it yield anything more than automatic answer from the bot telling that everything is covered by automatic systems and therefore nothing will done?

i suspect WG is selling warpacks thats why they dont do anything about it

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYTHE]
Players
67 posts
12,644 battles
6 minutes ago, malcobot said:

Why dont you try actually reading the post? It clearly states the answer to your question.

No it doesn't - hence the question.

 

It states If a player actively participated in a battle for less than 75% of its duration (due to quitting the battle or a technical issue), they're considered to have exited the battle prematurely.

 

In the example I gave, I participate in the battle for less than 75% of it's duration. I have also quit the battle as my ship is dead. So going by their definition, i could be counted as exiting prematurely. Now you and I may ASSUME that quitting the battle due to you being dead is allowed but nowhere does it specifically say that.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
121 posts
5,550 battles

Hello WG its me again, sir YabbaCoe  can you send mail, sms, call  or aks directly to add or consider system like tow line ? 

Those new underwater preparations for subs are very dangerous, if they get reworked soon ok, but if not some frendly "tow line" system would be nice when some ships gets perma stuck for long time on those.

Your brother War thunder got such system when tanks gets flipped, its not perfect but its life saving sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
121 posts
5,550 battles
14 minuty temu, Dionysian napisał:

It states If a player actively participated in a battle for less than 75% of its duration (due to quitting the battle or a technical issue), they're considered to have exited the battle prematurely.

You get pink now when you leave match but you were not destroyed, also now you get destroyed and leave no pink or warning so its ok,ill bet you are asking about that and thats how it will probabaly work in new system.

Your ship is still in match but stops and does nothing, so it cant do anything from list below. So when you are dead its ok to leave, when you are not destroyed and dont do any from list below cuz you left, got dc, or client crash or whatever other reason, only then you get warning or punishment, if im wrong someone correct me. 

 

Hah now i think what if,  ill get dc on cap and my ship would cap it while im not in game, or game knows that im not in game and my ghost ship wont cap it? i know its quite rare sistuation  but what if that happens, just out of curiosity.

Activity indicators for cruisers, destroyers, and battleships

  • Travel some distance. An inactive ship being pushed by another ship is not counted as the action of traveling.
  • Participate in the capture or defense of Key Areas.
  • Damage enemy ships with any weapons except for secondary battery guns. Ramming damage is not taken into account.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TNNC]
Players
4 posts
1,306 battles

For me, this is the key part: "This will allow us to punish any players who fire at teammates on purpose." But sometimes in the heat of the battle accidents do happen, people getting tunnel vision, or a fast destroyer changing direction into a 12km range torpedo. With a punishment this harsh "The player who receives a warning won't earn any XP or Credits in that battle." there could be some system to allow for the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps the punishment could get steeper and steeper for every violation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B-F-L]
Players
62 posts
8,775 battles
45 minutes ago, Dionysian said:

Can you clarify this situation please.

 

I enter a battle and am first to die after say 5 minutes. the battle lasts the full 20 minutes. I have therefore participated for 25% of the battle.

 

Do i have to sit there watching my teammates or can i exit back to port, get another ship and go into a new battle without a penalty.

Ofcourse not, You dont violite the rules...when you die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-WHO-]
[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
9 posts
14,258 battles
24 minutes ago, Dionysian said:

No it doesn't - hence the question.

 

It states If a player actively participated in a battle for less than 75% of its duration (due to quitting the battle or a technical issue), they're considered to have exited the battle prematurely.

 

In the example I gave, I participate in the battle for less than 75% of it's duration. I have also quit the battle as my ship is dead. So going by their definition, i could be counted as exiting prematurely. Now you and I may ASSUME that quitting the battle due to you being dead is allowed but nowhere does it specifically say that.

Yes it does, it clearly states if you leave the battle and your ship is still afloat. I say again. Read the whole article. It says very clearly in the sentence after the one you just quoted!!!

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-M-W-]
Players
87 posts
9,512 battles
9 minutes ago, Wulffstein said:

For me, this is the key part: "This will allow us to punish any players who fire at teammates on purpose." But sometimes in the heat of the battle accidents do happen, people getting tunnel vision, or a fast destroyer changing direction into a 12km range torpedo. With a punishment this harsh "The player who receives a warning won't earn any XP or Credits in that battle." there could be some system to allow for the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps the punishment could get steeper and steeper for every violation. 

its always your fault when u torp from back line and hit something . tell your teammates that u torping then mby they will doge them

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYTHE]
Players
67 posts
12,644 battles
4 minutes ago, malcobot said:

Yes it does, it clearly states if you leave the battle and your ship is still afloat. I say again. Read the whole article. It says very clearly in the sentence after the one you just quoted!!!

 

 

It states that is an example. Not an exclusive or even exhaustive list. The two are different. You are assuming things.

 

Don't. 

 

This may only be a game but the principle remains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TNNC]
Players
4 posts
1,306 battles
4 minutes ago, hardkur911 said:

its always your fault when u torp from back line and hit something . tell your teammates that u torping then mby they will doge them

Not disagreeing with that, just saying, no XP or credits for the entire battle, seems too harsh. It seems fitting for repeat offenders, but not for one bad torpedo volley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-M-W-]
Players
87 posts
9,512 battles
1 minute ago, Wulffstein said:

Not disagreeing with that, just saying, no XP or credits for the entire battle, seems too harsh. It seems fitting for repeat offenders, but not for one bad torpedo volley. 

i bet its gonna be last bad torpedo volley u ever do , next time u will think

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TNNC]
Players
4 posts
1,306 battles
1 minute ago, hardkur911 said:

i bet its gonna be last bad torpedo volley u ever do , next time u will think

Or, more realistically I think, it will entice people to sail straight into enemy fire as soon as they get the warning, as there is no more to gain from that battle. 

And it makes it easy for toxic players to troll. It will be easy for fast and maneuverable destroyer to sail into allied torps. They will take no damage, but the offender will not take any XP or credits. It can be used to "steal" torpedo kills from allies, to take the kill for yourself.

But time will tell.  

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-M-W-]
Players
87 posts
9,512 battles
2 minutes ago, Wulffstein said:

Or, more realistically I think, it will entice people to sail straight into enemy fire as soon as they get the warning, as there is no more to gain from that battle. 

And it makes it easy for toxic players to troll. It will be easy for fast and maneuverable destroyer to sail into allied torps. They will take no damage, but the offender will not take any XP or credits. It can be used to "steal" torpedo kills from allies, to take the kill for yourself.

But time will tell.  

i can assure u i will sail i your torps if u torp from behind me , u dont care about me i dont care about u simple

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-WHO-]
[-WHO-]
Beta Tester
9 posts
14,258 battles
12 minutes ago, Dionysian said:

It states that is an example. Not an exclusive or even exhaustive list. The two are different. You are assuming things.

 

Don't. 

 

This may only be a game but the principle remains.

Are you serious, it literally states that if your still afloat and you leave your punished. Are you that stupid to think you have to watch a full 20 minute game every battle when you die? Its in WGs best intrest to have us spam loads of games, Jesus christ some people need to get some common sense.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OHFK]
Players
312 posts
8,162 battles
28 minutes ago, Wulffstein said:

For me, this is the key part: "This will allow us to punish any players who fire at teammates on purpose." But sometimes in the heat of the battle accidents do happen, people getting tunnel vision, or a fast destroyer changing direction into a 12km range torpedo. With a punishment this harsh "The player who receives a warning won't earn any XP or Credits in that battle." there could be some system to allow for the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps the punishment could get steeper and steeper for every violation. 

There is a "benefit of the doubt" system:

 

Quote

If the player continues to fire at allies and scores 40 hits on the same ship or 50 hits on different ships in a single battle, they will be issued a warning. Their nickname will turn pink.

If you accidently hit 50 torps in 1 battle (or 40 on 1 target), it is no longer an accident.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,609 posts
4,588 battles
1 hour ago, hellhound666 said:

would it yield anything more than automatic answer from the bot telling that everything is covered by automatic systems and therefore nothing will done?

It should, for sure. Especially when there is an evidence, especially replays.

 

52 minutes ago, hardkur911 said:

i suspect WG is selling warpacks thats why they dont do anything about it

Definitely not, warpack is forbidden, so when somebody is using that, he is banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×