You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Submarine Testing

152 comments in this topic

Players
182 posts

I wonder... time for a long break ?

I`m glad u kept your word, never ever submarines into the game.

Already hearing the soft, sweet flow of money...

• Cool 14

Players
180 posts
202 battles

Participation is only covered for people using Wargaming client. Is it possible to use Steam client to participate in submarine testing and if so can you please add instructions?

Players
61 posts
2,650 battles

Yep, forcing another class that can never be properly balanced into the game is a great idea WG...
Not surprising to me tho, as i come from WoT where despite the problems balancing the massively "popular" and "loved" artillery class you decided to introduce the physics defying French armored cars, you know, despite stating you will never add something without tracks in that game...

• Cool 8

[URUC]
Players
458 posts

Separate gamemode? Ok.

In the same gamemode with CVs? Njet (i use the russian word, so maybe this time there is no misunderstanding). 

I'm no Jedi, but i sense the same disaster then the CV rework.

• Cool 7

Players
1,265 posts
4,408 battles
2 hours ago, Commodore_Zuna said:

never put subs into the game there are no place for this stupidity

There especially is place for them underwater. But only so little even the surface ships get stuck! xD

Players
2,775 posts
21,129 battles

I will pass thank you, absolutely nothing about this sub project remotely appeals to me.

• Cool 4

[NEXT]
Players
7,158 posts
12,844 battles
2 hours ago, Anktarktic1 said:

There will be no submarines in World of warships. Never.

Though I liked that clipped xD

• Funny 1

[NEXT]
Players
7,158 posts
12,844 battles

Since the homing torpedos and pings get very heavily warned and mess around it the concealment. How about adding two types od torpedos?

1 - Homing torpedos, low damage, high hit rate

2 - Non-Homing torpedos, high damage, but moving straight like all the other torpedos

This would be like HE and AP. AP needs mostly better aiming and understanding/prediction, while HE is often just to cause fires So the homing would be the flooding starter, while the other torpedos are the hard hitting "AP shells"

There would be also the game option of sneaky attacks with hard hits, but hard to aim vs. less sneaky guided torpedos

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
249 posts
6,716 battles

Hi guys.

I loved this game, rly truly loved it till they announced subs....I spent a lot of real money too buying premium ships, got a nice collection:DBut the idea to put submarines in the game completely put me of that I stopped playing with wows.Im fan of viva la dirt league, watching every videos they make and noticed they got a content with wows.....Watched it and I was just like yeah, have a look on wows website what's new, and seen they rly putting through subs...Well, I can say the few years what I spent In game was really fun, found few friends, but that's all, the game is over for me, wish the best for everyone who stays, and hope it will turn out good.

• Cool 6

[TOHOU]
Players
432 posts
5,244 battles

imagine killed all on enemy team and sub hunting stalls the game for the rest of the match

also wgs sub mechanics a re just garbage - a battery that isnt rechargeable ? wtf is this

doenitz would rotate in his grave

so when wg relase classic server ? without cvs and subs

well i for myself like subs , when they are in a proper game  like silent hunter , wolfpack or UBOAT

but in wows with this mechanics where you literally have no merchant shipping to shoot at

in operations they would be a nice addition , but nowhere else

• Cool 4

[NEXT]
Players
7,158 posts
12,844 battles
4 hours ago, Cirno9999 said:

also wgs sub mechanics a re just garbage - a battery that isnt rechargeable ? wtf is this

I would also prefer a battery recharge, you could design that easily, if you have 10 minutes total battery changed that to maybe 5 minutes total battery and recharge 5 minutes takes 10 minutes or something. Then we kinda end up with the same

But in the end, it's an arcade pvp game, that doesn't care much about realism, just liek Radar going thorugh mountains etc.

What i think is worse, that battery depletes faster, when the ship is spotted... xD

4 hours ago, Cirno9999 said:

but in wows with this mechanics where you literally have no merchant shipping to shoot at

Submarines also destroyed a lot warships. Also it goes the other way around, Destroyer often engaged submarines. There are other games like Steel ocean, which even had submarines.

And as I just said, it's an arcade game. Destroyer gun fight battle ships as a normal case... ^^

[CHEFT]
[CHEFT]
Players
1,398 posts
27,482 battles

"So, after having collected so much positive data and input from the aforementioned posts submarines will slowly find their way in the game"

"See you on the battlefield captains!"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
6 posts
12,564 battles

naval legends that never existed ,

radar and hydro that can detect behind and through solid matter islands etc ,

radar that lasts for a minute or so ...

and among these and other comedies ..

subs that have limited time underwater ...

just to satisfy the community of spoiled , who oh i forgot pay the bills ....

people laught with you , fix the game make it realistic ,

not the arcade crap that it is now ....

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts
7,181 battles

Everyone seems so positive about submarines... Doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. Personally I cant wait to never play them.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[OLEUM]
[OLEUM]
Players
258 posts
22,755 battles

that halloween event in 2018 where there were submarines for the first time. in my  recollection  it was fun and worked well for what it was. 

every test of this submarine idea and there have been a few, (I've lost count) seems a lot less fun than that halloween event in 2018 was. 

this gives little confidence in a good integration of submarines  

• Cool 4

[OHFK]
Players
312 posts
8,225 battles

Let me check:

- Dockyard

- Battle of the Beasts

- Missions for German containers

- Ranked

- CB

- Brawls

Do you think I have time to install the test server and play subs?

@WG: this is supposed to be a GAME, not a 60 hours per week job.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NEXT]
Players
7,158 posts
12,844 battles
11 hours ago, AegeanGhost said:

not the arcade crap that it is now ....

It was always an Arcade game, maybe you should try War Thunder, that's more of an simulation ;)

Edit: Since it is an simulation, I should warn, that BB>Cruiser>DD>boats

Secondaries are mostly like the main armament of smaller ships. And the big guns punch hard

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DSNF]
Players
45 posts
11,991 battles

The ability for human beings to know they hate something without even trying it is an hysterical thing to observe. 🤣 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1