Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
seXikanac

Whets going on with the Pan-Asian ships?

26 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
32,385 posts
16,184 battles
4 hours ago, seXikanac said:

Will they ever get some TLC? Any news?

More information about what you want would be helpful....

[THESO]
Players
8,723 posts
44,454 battles

Maybe some cruiser techtree line based on deep water torps, who knows. 

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,277 posts
12,987 battles
10 hours ago, seXikanac said:

Most vague post of the year.

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 11.05.12.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 10

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,903 battles

They have no ships of their own making......all Russian, British, French and American clones.

I cannot see how that can be very attractive. Expecially not when you regularly reset lines for Research Bureau and already replay most of these ships.

That said Bajie is slightly different from Izumo. If not copy-pasted they could have a reason to exist, other then pleasing that region of players. Maybe some ships that are not in game from existing distinctive sub classes can appear as attractive not yet seen ships as well.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,091 posts
6,560 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

They have no ships of their own making......all Russian, British, French and American clones.

At least not in the time period this game covers.

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,903 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

At least not in the time period this game covers.

Yes that is what i meant.....game spanning timeline.  Lots of nations were using redundant US and British warships after WWII and lots of them British or Itailian design before, during and after WWI.

I have no idea what Asian shipbuilders have come up with now but i can imagine they long past the cloning stage. I do know the Chinese passed the CV cloning stage, but not very long ago. They will however dwarf the US French and UK very soon.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,091 posts
6,560 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

Yes that is what i meant.....game spanning timeline.  Lots of nations were using redundant US and British warships after WWII.

Mostly because the US and UK were basically giving DD's away by the dozen(s). Better than them going to the scrap yard at least..

[SPURD]
Players
918 posts
7,268 battles

The chinese built cruisers of the era seem like they'd suck to play, so you'd need a heavy dose of fantasy to make pan-a cruiser line. Unless like Sianking or smth had a lot of cruisers? I don't even know.

[ESTAB]
Players
113 posts
9,402 battles
30 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

The chinese built cruisers of the era seem like they'd suck to play, so you'd need a heavy dose of fantasy to make pan-a cruiser line. Unless like Sianking or smth had a lot of cruisers? I don't even know.

There could be some options. Ning Hai and her sister ship could be potential options for the lower half of the tech tree, with one being slightly modernised to set them apart. Further up you could use Chengdu which was a domestic version of the Riga. Given how much they kit bashed the various sub-types there is a load of room for variation here, especially if they wanted to give a Pan Asian line a ASW centric or AA role. Beyond that we have some Cold War Era ships in for other nations (minus any obvious missile tech) so again I think there is some room here to make something to bridge the period in between.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,903 battles
1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

Well they do have the Sanzang in game..

And despite it being a clone it is more fun to play then Saipan. Likely because many players do not know what the hell a "Sanzang" is......will it carpet bomb, divebomb, parachute bomb or skip bomb them ?  :Smile_teethhappy:

The Commanders that previously only were DD captains now wield Aircraft Carriers, Cruisers and powerful high tier Battleships. It is kind of funny as even EU captains not have that kind of power yet.  And good for their captain point progress since the rework, where they can captain all of these classes.

sanzang.jpg

[I-J-N]
Players
7,560 posts

The latest rumour is they are trying to come up with Red China super carriers, but they need XL size napkins which are still on back order for the Lesta Cafeteria. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SPURD]
Players
918 posts
7,268 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

And despite it being a clone it is more fun to play then Saipan. Likely because many players do not know what the hell a "Sanzang" is......will it carpet bomb, divebomb, parachute bomb or skip bomb them ?  :Smile_teethhappy:

The Commanders that previously only were DD captains now wield Aircraft Carriers, Cruisers and powerful high tier Battleships. It is kind of funny as even EU captains not have that kind of power yet.  And good for their captain point progress since the rework, where they can captain all of these classes.

sanzang.jpg

Why don't you use the hilariously ugly camo!

Players
729 posts
6,810 battles
4 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

Most vague post of the year.

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 11.05.12.png

Funny. It reminded me of this scene 

• Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,903 battles
57 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Why don't you use the hilariously ugly camo!

Well..that one is not the ugliest.

With lunar year special camo switched off ( this alternative camo comes on ) it looks very nice, ecept for the UNPAINTED TURRETS ! ( all of them incl. secondaries )

Bajie1.jpg

Picture 2 is a no go for me, and i am not even a relegious person....pigs ??  You can guess what i did with the pig captain.....( no i didn't eat him )

Bajie2.jpg

But i really like the alternative camo ( the special one that is swiched off ) of Sanzang. More pleasing to the eye then Saipan.

image.thumb.png.b11800da7bd08864ef0fe86fdf223808.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
729 posts
6,810 battles
45 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Picture 2 is a no go for me, and i am not even a relegious person....pigs ??  You can guess what i did with the pig captain.....( no i didn't eat him )

But i really like the alternative camo ( the special one that is swiched off ) of Sanzang. More pleasing to the eye then Saipan.

I don't get why ppl do that? You're paying a premium price for a tech tree alternative ( glorified Izumo) just for the camo and you don't use it anyway.  I also find it odd when I see Black Friday ships using a different camo. 

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,903 battles
15 minutes ago, SpartanRenegade said:

I don't get why ppl do that? You're paying a premium price for a tech tree alternative ( glorified Izumo) just for the camo and you don't use it anyway.  I also find it odd when I see Black Friday ships using a different camo. 

1) Didn't have Hizen yet, or Tech tree Izumo.

2) I wanted to play a variation of ship with Pan Asia, but after the Captain Skill rework this made much more sense as the Special Captains ( 2 ) now go toward 21 point much faster commandig all classes with no drawbacks.

That said i didnt buy the French clone BB. I have enough French premium BB as is.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,723 posts
44,454 battles
19 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

sanzang.jpg

Well in first the days when it was released DDs didn't even bother to dodge my torps cause they thought they are deep water ones (cause they heard it's Pan Asian CV so it has to have deep water torps) . 

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
8,723 posts
44,454 battles
16 hours ago, SpartanRenegade said:

Bajie has better range (25km instead of 21.4 or something like that) and better sigma (2.1) than Izumo (2.0) but has worse turret traverse. Unlike the Sanzang which has literally no difference between it and Saipan. 

Sanzang camo itself isn't that ugly but the planes look ... Very ugly. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,661 posts
19,350 battles

A new Pan-Asian line would be great. I think WG is catering too much to the russian and european market anyway. The ASIA-server deserves some more love.

I don't see an issue with some copy-paste ships with variations in playstyle, as long as WG doesn't mix playstyles that require different commander skills within the line, like they did with the PA-DD-line. A line needs to work with one commander being moved up the tiers without respecs.

• Cool 1

Players
2,003 posts
22 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

That said Bajie is slightly different from Izumo. If not copy-pasted they could have a reason to exist, other then pleasing that region of players. Maybe some ships that are not in game from existing distinctive sub classes can appear as attractive not yet seen ships as well.

I mean yes, but these ships did exist and were given to the Asian countries. 

And a Pan Asian line was specifically for Asian players to enjoy, so it was more of a fanbase move than a direction of the game move

Players
2,003 posts
On 6/9/2021 at 4:32 AM, seXikanac said:

T8 and 9 got torp buffs

Chung Mu and Gadjah are the only good ones tho.

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17,903 battles
50 minutes ago, totally_potato said:

I mean yes, but these ships did exist and were given to the Asian countries. 

Bajie and Sanzang ? They are very fictional.

But they are also only loosly connected to Pan Asian ( the Pan Asian captains can be moved among them )  by being "lunar event" and i guess you meant that.

The tech tree ships are great but the radar, no smoke ( or smoke but no radar ) and no torpedo's that can hit DD makes them dangerous to contest caps with, basicly you have to hope you have support opening fire on the DD you spot or radar and then jump the wounded DD.

But the DW also make them excellent dual role DD. I find them much more pleasant then low range torpedo gunships...firing guns a lot has a way of attracting counter fire your HP pool disagrees with.

Players
166 posts
4,515 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

A new Pan-Asian line would be great. I think WG is catering too much to the russian and european market anyway. The ASIA-server deserves some more love.

I don't see an issue with some copy-paste ships with variations in playstyle, as long as WG doesn't mix playstyles that require different commander skills within the line, like they did with the PA-DD-line. A line needs to work with one commander being moved up the tiers without respecs.

I can agree with this, I'd like to see something new for the Pan-Asians.

And also a line or 2 for the Commonwealth and Latin-Americans too.

Players
2,003 posts
39 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Bajie and Sanzang ? They are very fictional.

But they are also only loosly connected to Pan Asian ( the Pan Asian captains can be moved among them )  by being "lunar event" and i guess you meant that.

The tech tree ships are great but the radar, no smoke ( or smoke but no radar ) and no torpedo's that can hit DD makes them dangerous to contest caps with, basicly you have to hope you have support opening fire on the DD you spot or radar and then jump the wounded DD.

But the DW also make them excellent dual role DD. I find them much more pleasant then low range torpedo gunships...firing guns a lot has a way of attracting counter fire your HP pool disagrees with.

I mean the Pan asian line and Fen Yang are very much real

And you have some ships in the line that are good gun boats. Chung mu and Gadjah for eg, 

Then radar, and bit more HP than standard fletcher if you have the improved SE on the unique Pan asian commander something Rong, which I have. If you don't take radar, then you take one of the best smokes in the game. There is a lot to like in Chung Mu for me atleast.

Sign in to follow this