You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Player controlled secondary battery

Player controlled scondary battery  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like player controlled secondary battery ? ( multiple choice, you can give more then 1 answer..)

• Yes i want to be able to switch to the smaller guns between main gun salvos or when DD are attacking my BB or Cruiser at secondary battery range.
    • No this would be too OP versus DD. Secondaries should remain (almost) harmless.
    • No because i do not enjoy to fire with barrels that are still bend and can't hit a barn door at stone throwing range
    • No because i need all my focus on the main guns
    • No because i am never in range of secondary guns

61 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

I wonder why there can't be a player direct controlled secondary battery. Most BB have time enough ( half a minute ) to shoot them between main gun salvo's. And Ise is the first BB that temporaily takes gun control away so it can work. And when jumped by close range DD or light Cruisers BB with slow rotating main guns pointing the other way only wish they could control the guns that were designed to fight these targets.

Obviously WG would not give these guns main gun accuracy (  1.6 - 2.0 sigma ) so even as a human you will miss most of the time. But then at least you have some sense of control. And more fun i suppose as they will work just as smaller main guns.

And i would suggest  a situation secondaries will fire automaticly if you do NOT take player control over them. So nothing changes when you dont want to be bothered by them.

Thoughts ?

I want to have direct contol of these :  ( because now they are as useful as saluting guns ... )

sec5.jpg

sec4.jpg

sec3.jpg

sec 2.jpg

sec1.jpg

[THESO]
Players
3,594 posts
28,504 battles

worthless poll is worthless

• Cool 7

[RODS]
Players
2,161 posts
8,339 battles

Missing the option: Yes - Would be nice if you could aim with them if you needed/ felt like it but with option to have them bot aimed when you were busy

[SHAD]
Players
4,656 posts
17,529 battles

I would love more accurate secondaries but a destroyer would just be melted at close range unless they are so inaccurate that aiming them would be a waste of time.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,665 posts
30,429 battles
46 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Most BB have time enough ( half a minute ) to shoot them between main gun salvo's.

Any suggestions for example for Shima players while torps are reloading?

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,312 posts
4,034 battles
Just now, Capra76 said:

Do BB players really need more buffs?

No but as has been the OP's theme for most posts recently, DD's are OP and need nerfing or other classes need buffing to compensate against them. 

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles
2 minutes ago, Profilus said:

And still those BBs manage to be

- out of position

- fail to detect an enemy push

- fail to notice a DD broke through

- fail to notice the other flank collapsed

All information readily available on the minimap, and it only takes a second to detect this. But in those 30 secs betwenn shots BB players still fail to do this.

And now we want to add manual secondaries in between.

I add another option

[X] No, because the playerbase is incaplable of multitasking.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
44 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I would love more accurate secondaries but a destroyer would just be melted at close range unless they are so inaccurate that aiming them would be a waste of time.

Does a Destroyer have any buisiness to be within ~ 6 km of a BB i wonder.

Because the guns of most DD reach ~10 km or more and torpedoes > 6km up to well above 12 km.

I think it is fair to be able to have direct player control over secondary guns with a range of 6-8 km ( depending on tier actually, lower for lower tiers ofc )  especially for BB that have such slow rotation main turrets they can't possibly be used against DD jumping them.

I DD i rarely fight below 6 km. And when i charge a BB in a DD because i really want to make sure he does not survive the torpedo's i do so head on : most ( but certainly not all ) BB have no secondaries that can fire at 0 degrees head on. Same goes for 180 degrees /rear . So i really don't see how DD will suddenly be vicitimized.....just less audacious because of rediculous spraying automatic secondaries cannot hit them unless hit by an unlucky RNG stray shot.

The one thing ( besides removing/not investing in Operations ) i do not like about WOWS is that part of the guns on a ship are all but useless and cannot be controlled. Even with a captain skill tree that offers 3 dedicated skills for it. Even with modules in slot 3 and 6. When you invest that much ( and obviously cannot take other skills and modules)  you should not still get drunken spraying guns.

With direct control you should at least get shooting in the direction of what you want to hit : and that is not main armour belts.....and not the water around enemy ships at stone throwing distances.

And in fact....Submarines have no buisiness to be in < 6 km range of BB or Cruisers either.......

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[-RDE-]
Players
403 posts
31,837 battles
52 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Please do elablorate.

sry i missunderstood, you want to be able to take aim of the 2nds, like you do with you main guns..

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
9 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I think it is fair to be able to have direct player control over AA guns with a range of 5-6 km to shred planes.

Try to shred planes.....you still have to somehow get the right range and altitude to hit and why should that be foolproof click&hit......but i agree that also should be in game. Then it is at least 100 % a player skill issue when you hate planes.

But WG thinks controlling 3-4 squadrons was too difficult in RTS CV.  Can't ask for too much all at the same time...i though i begin with secondary battery, now that switching from main guns to planes is ok ( Ise )

• Bad 2

[NECRO]
Players
5,214 posts
Gerade eben, Beastofwar sagte:

Try to shred planes....

Works totally fine in WT, where planes are not a protected species. :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
5 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Works totally fine in WT, where planes are not a protected species. :Smile_smile:

I wonder what happens when you attack wavetop altitude.....WT planes are also free to chose any altitude and angle of attack they want. And i bet ship rudders take a lot more time to make large ships turn...those guys are far less into arcade. A game is what it is. I used to like WT a lot too.

[NECRO]
Players
5,214 posts
Vor 20 Minuten, Beastofwar sagte:

I wonder what happens when you attack wavetop altitude.....WT planes are also free to chose any altitude and angle of attack they want. And i bet ship rudders take a lot more time to make large ships turn...those guys are far less into arcade. A game is what it is. I used to like WT a lot too.

Needless to say, I am a WT Flak main. :cap_rambo:

Players
188 posts
10,439 battles

You fail to see how overpowered it would be if u were able to manually aim your secondaries.

Players
2,432 posts
3 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I wonder why there can't be a player direct controlled secondary battery. Most BB have time enough ( half a minute ) to shoot them between main gun salvo's. And Ise is the first BB that temporaily takes gun control away so it can work. And when jumped by close range DD or light Cruisers BB with slow rotating main guns pointing the other way only wish they could control the guns that were designed to fight these targets.

Obviously WG would not give these guns main gun accuracy (  1.6 - 2.0 sigma ) so even as a human you will miss most of the time. But then at least you have some sense of control. And more fun i suppose as they will work just as smaller main guns.

And i would suggest  a situation secondaries will fire automaticly if you do NOT take player control over them. So nothing changes when you dont want to be bothered by them.

Thoughts ?

I want to have direct contol of these :  ( because now they are as useful as saluting guns ... )

sec5.jpg

sec4.jpg

sec3.jpg

sec 2.jpg

sec1.jpg

How about just giving the OG MS skill back at 60% buff

Give the selection of a target automatically to a ship built in.

Or

Just give the standard 60% back. We need that. Manual secs can be of thought later in the game

Players
4,271 posts
14,532 battles

No. On the principle that WG won't be able to implement this in either a balanced way. Or in a way that doesn't break the game UI, mechanics and not be filled with bugs and glitches.

Also, and I mean this in the nicest way possible. Most players are not very good. Which is fine. There is NO rule which says you have to be unicum etc. So taking that into account also. Let's not make it more complicated when many struggle to push the WSAD keys never mind all the other stuff. 

Also. You need to start making your polls a little less subjective in questions. 

• Cool 2

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,470 posts
23,343 battles
4 hours ago, Profilus said:

Usually Beastie uses this time to hunt the CV down.

• Funny 4

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
17 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

No. On the principle that WG won't be able to implement this in either a balanced way. Or in a way that doesn't break the game UI, mechanics and not be filled with bugs and glitches.

Have you ever fired a 1.0 sigma gun in direct player control ?

I never have......i wonder if that is going to be the same experience as a fair where you can win prizes but you get a bend air rifle.....

We cannot blame AI gunners for being inaccurate as they are with bend gun barrels can we now ?

Players
198 posts
4,842 battles
10 hours ago, Bear__Necessities said:

Also, and I mean this in the nicest way possible. Most players are not very good. Which is fine. There is NO rule which says you have to be unicum etc. So taking that into account also. Let's not make it more complicated when many struggle to push the WSAD keys never mind all the other stuff. 

Also. You need to start making your polls a little less subjective in questions. 

WG deliberatly made the CV reeework to fit to the "speshul" people. So yes in fact WG does take the playerbases skill into account.

WG being incompetent monkeys with all the bugs and glitches is another issue.

• Cool 1

Players
130 posts
570 battles

i bought bismarck yesterday and i want to use those little monsters:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Players
3,263 posts
25,478 battles

Real man-sec were rejected because WG decided we simpletons couldnt handle to swap forth and back between armaments... our brains would just explode by sheer amount of data.  

Aaaaand then they inroduced Ise which exactly does that. 

There is no reason now not to have real man-secs. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1