Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BattleDutchy

Why Petro gets banned, it's in the tech tree available to all

94 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3 posts
13,279 battles

I do not understand that a boat that everybody can have ingame gets banned.

All those who have it and build it up are f....., for what reason, Stalingrad is also a b.... of a boat and many

more are that way, are they all going to ban them....

For that I suppose it is a reason to stop getting good boats and built them up as you invest and your not able to 

use it.

 

 

 

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,108 posts
16,596 battles

It's banned because it is not fun to play 4 of them against 4 and it is not even a CV fault as it was banned from KotS as well. It's just too tanky and has too good concealment and radar and AP and AA and too low broadside and... :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,282 posts
6,878 battles

Why? Because it's boring to play, and boring to play against, particularly when you have many of them in a match. It's also too good not to take, if you want to be competitive.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
13,279 battles

yeah and thats why it gets banned, it is ingame and usable to everybody, banned at Kots was done by the competitors in the tournament, but here we talk about brawl, clanbattles... just open ingame competitions, would be crazy when they also ban all premium ships cause they are not available to everyone

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
3,356 posts
11,187 battles
59 minutes ago, BattleDutchy said:

I do not understand that a boat that everybody can have ingame gets banned.

All those who have it and build it up are f....., for what reason, Stalingrad is also a b.... of a boat and many

more are that way, are they all going to ban them....

For that I suppose it is a reason to stop getting good boats and built them up as you invest and your not able to 

use it.

for what reason? its not fun to play against 7 of these ships. Do you even play clanbattles?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,387 posts
4,667 battles
1 hour ago, BattleDutchy said:

I do not understand that a boat that everybody can have ingame gets banned.

All those who have it and build it up are f....., for what reason, Stalingrad is also a b.... of a boat and many

more are that way, are they all going to ban them....

For that I suppose it is a reason to stop getting good boats and built them up as you invest and your not able to 

use it.

 

 

 

Petro is not entirely banned from Clan Battles, but only is restricted to one per team. 

The reasons are obvious - when a team had more than one of this ship, its combined performance was much better than any other setup. That is why the number of those ships per team was limited to 1.

Which actually should make Clans to figure out, which other ships to use in Clan Battles, to play more with variability of setups.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TACHA]
Players
1,625 posts
18,614 battles

Isn't it just that you can only have 1 in each team? I wonder if it would be interesting that you only have one of any ship - would give some diversity and maybe encourage better balancing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

When there would be no differences in ships and what role they perform well in, you would uninstall the game out of boredom. The only thing that matters is diversity is observed and the same ships cannot be spammed multifold.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TACHA]
Players
1,625 posts
18,614 battles
1 minute ago, YabbaCoe said:

Petro is not entirely banned from Clan Battles, but only is restricted to one per team. 

The reasons are obvious - when a team had more than one of this ship, its combined performance was much better than any other setup. That is why the number of those ships per team was limited to 1.

Which actually should make Clans to figure out, which other ships to use in Clan Battles, to play more with variability of setups.

What it does show is that this paper ship is completely unrealistic - I have one and the freeboard is such that any speed would cause the decks to flood. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,422 posts
1 hour ago, BattleDutchy said:

I do not understand that a boat that everybody can have ingame gets banned.

All those who have it and build it up are f....., for what reason, Stalingrad is also a b.... of a boat and many

more are that way, are they all going to ban them....

For that I suppose it is a reason to stop getting good boats and built them up as you invest and your not able to 

use it.

 

 

 

Are you fr?

Petro is not just good, its OP. There is a good reason to ban it. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,262 posts
25,478 battles
6 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Which actually should make Clans to figure out, which other ships to use in Clan Battles, to play more with variability of setups.

 

I agree. But following this train of thought you may want to ban FDR, too. 

 

Or do you think a reduction to 1 is sufficient? :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
14 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

 

I agree. But following this train of thought you may want to ban FDR, too. 

 

Or do you think a reduction to 1 is sufficient? :Smile_trollface:

 

FDR is harmless to players with skills. Or even players that use WASD keys and have foreward speed.

 

As it is summoned from hell only to chastise stationary LARGE island campers that do not contribute to the match and should not be blocking their guns with islands. ( not talking about waifu Cruisers with high trajectory fire that can fire over islands here ...FDR  cannot hit them with ALL dropped weapons, which it will do to BB and SuperCruisers with no speed....)  If you are destroyed by FDR, you better not publicly admit it....

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,427 posts
10 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Petro is not entirely banned from Clan Battles, but only is restricted to one per team. 

The reasons are obvious - when a team had more than one of this ship, its combined performance was much better than any other setup. That is why the number of those ships per team was limited to 1.

Which actually should make Clans to figure out, which other ships to use in Clan Battles, to play more with variability of setups.

You dont think it should make WG figure out what is wrong with the petro? Or with carriers? Or anything really that needs to be limited to 1?

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,262 posts
25,478 battles
10 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

FDR is harmless to players with skills. Or even players that use WASD keys and have foreward speed.

 

As it is summoned from hell only to chastise sorry stationary LARGE island campers that do not contribute the the match. If you are destroyed by them, you better not publicly admit it....

 

Glad you are the man with knowledge of CB! 

 

Its not like 95% of all Battles I played  (about 80 so far) this season there was FDR. Where is your diversity now? 

I saw Immelmann and MvR each once!

I never saw Audacious or Midway. 

 

AtM the CV Meta is just dominated by FDR. If your clan has none you pick Haku. 

 

And its fascinating that even i the higher Leagues FDR does enough dmg.... makes you wonder if all the good players cant use WASD.... :cap_yes:

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
3,356 posts
11,187 battles
22 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

when a team had more than one of this ship, its combined performance was much better than any other setup.

And why oh why would that be? Hmm..

klSI1CBgQyWinwR0XvJZ 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
11 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

 

Glad you are the man with knowledge of CB! 

 

Its not like 95% of all Battles I played this season there was FDR. Where is your diversity now? 

I saw Immelmann and MvR each once!

I never saw Audacious or Midway. 

 

AtM the CV Meta is just dominated by FDR. If your clan has none you pick Haku. 

 

 

I need no knowledge of CB to know what FDR is designed to do......play one yourself and try to hit small or moving WASD using targets......i guarantee you will have a dissapointing score in ANY game mode.

 

Gruesome spike damage can only occur if ALL dropped weapons hit. Only two requirements for that  1) Very large target 2) Sitting duck ( no speed, reverse speed )

 

No game mode requirements can or will change that. And ofcourse i do know FDR's value in CB is it's relentless spotting by planes that will keep hovering over enemy positions for minutes in the middle of whatever FLAK and AA it thrown up. ( and that is why a clan should all bring fighter consumables and not spotter planes IF facing FDR is their problem ) Not it's destructive power vs large campers.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,262 posts
25,478 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

I need no knowledge of CB to know what FDR is designed to do......play one yourself and try to hit small or moving WASD using targets......i guarantee you will have a dissapointing score in ANY game mode.

 

Gruesome spike damage can only occur if ALL dropped weapons hit. Only two requirements for that  1) Very large target 2) Sitting duck ( no speed, reverse speed )

 

No game mode requirements can or will change that. And ofcourse i do know FDR's value in CB is it's relentless spotting. Not it's destructive power vs large campers.

 

I have one. I even play it in CB if our CV-Main´s brain melted by the mindnumbing goodness that is CV gameplay. 

 

And no. You have no clue about CB. 

 

And spotting gives you exactly what if there is a Cyclone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,262 posts
25,478 battles
7 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

And why oh why would that be? Hmm..

klSI1CBgQyWinwR0XvJZ 

 

imageproxy.jpg

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,387 posts
4,667 battles
22 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

 

I agree. But following this train of thought you may want to ban FDR, too. 

 

Or do you think a reduction to 1 is sufficient? :Smile_trollface:

Well, basically any ship can be decided to be banned or restricted from CBs. That is why we added this possibility to ban or restrict number of certain ships in CBs. 

And there is always an option, that certain CV will be banned from CBs, or any DD, BB, or CL etc. 

 

 

14 minutes ago, Europizza said:

You dont think it should make WG figure out what is wrong with the petro? Or with carriers? Or anything really that needs to be limited to 1?

 

We are always analyzing data and results of all game modes and if we decide, we can apply balance changes, especially for tech tree ships. That is why not long ago Petro was slightly nerfed. Some would say not by much, but also with nerfing we don't want to go overboard, to nerf too much and after that need to buff it again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
4,655 posts
17,529 battles

Petro is meta defining in that it can sit close to an island and tank for quite a while.

It can punish any broadside at range so having a few can create crossfires and make any  aggressive play a death sentence.

 

Unlike Stalingrad, It is rarely heavily punished even when full broadside. A battleship salvo into the broadside might do 1 citadel and a couple of overpens to the petro but will blap the Stalingrad immediately.

Petro also is more resilient against fire and has far better concealment and manoeuvrability.

 

Staingrad is much better at long ranges but at close ranges the Petro is a far stronger ship and is rarely punished for it's mistakes. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,262 posts
25,478 battles
1 minute ago, YabbaCoe said:

Well, basically any ship can be decided to be banned or restricted from CBs. That is why we added this possibility to ban or restrict number of certain ships in CBs. 

And there is always an option, that certain CV will be banned from CBs, or any DD, BB, or CL etc. 

 

 

 

And that was the best addition to CB in a long time. It made esp. last season very pleasant. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×