Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Silver_Firebote

Just wanna share my progress

10 comments in this topic

Players
78 posts
1,819 battles

Hello hello forum

ive switch from NA to EU for a few months now to play with my friends , currently I have grinded out Salem, Baltimore, Cleveland, N-C, Edinburgh , Jutland.

im still getting used to N-C’s ultra slow AP but it really fun when I hit sometime 15km+.

Baltimore, my love, my darling, my waifu 

Jutland, my soulmate , my sweetheart , the experience from Lighting carry over but I have to get used to T-9/10 ships stats and environment, aiming to get better in it .

salem, wanted to get good in it, kinda carry over Baltimore experience but T-10 environment is very different I’m trying to adapt.

Cleveland, it’s...nice but ...gives off a meh feelz time to time。 hoping to improve in it too

Edinburgh, it’s Fun time to time if u have eyes or I didn’t do dumb things to get deleted. Surprisingly persistent with ultra 3D printer . But time to time it gets boring for me for some reason 

• Cool 6

Players
8,549 posts

I'd be curious to know if you've spotted any major differences after switching servers. You know, like play style, tactics, team play, ship popularity and the like.

And welcome to the EU server! :Smile_honoring:

[NWP]
Players
1,624 posts
13,568 battles
3 hours ago, Silver_Firebote said:

Hello hello forum

Hello to U 2

• Cool 1

[SLUG]
Players
121 posts
14,606 battles
4 hours ago, Silver_Firebote said:

Baltimore, my love, my darling, my waifu 

Fabulous AP on the Baltimore. Fun ship to play.

And welcome to the European server.

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,470 posts
23,343 battles

salem, wanted to get good in it, kinda carry over Baltimore experience but T-10 environment is very different I’m trying to adapt.

It's crucial to learn how aggressive or passive you have to be depending on map, battle time, type and number of enemies etc.

Des Moines with legendary module is highly recommended, similar play style but different.

Cleveland, it’s...nice but ...gives off a meh feelz time to time。 hoping to improve in it too

In T10 it's a cautious damage farmer, the radar is useful only later in the battle unless you can get a really good position in smoke early on. As top tier the Cleveland is a real power house. Squishy like most cruisers of course but you get better maps and the engagement range is more comfortable.

Seattle is quite similar, some people hate it, I liked it. Worcester is a real step up.

Edinburgh, it’s Fun time to time if u have eyes or I didn’t do dumb things to get deleted. Surprisingly persistent with ultra 3D printer . But time to time it gets boring for me for some reason

If you like a challenge radar Edinburgh is a lot more fun. However, you need really good map awareness all the time, just one salvo that you missed can end your battle instantly.

You have weak torps and mediocre gun DPM so you need a really good plan for your radars and your positioning. Abuse islands and all the smokes you can get or get into their flank and shoot as long as they aren't looking at you.

10 km radar with this concealment at tier 8 is extremely strong, your maneuverability and the hard to hit citadel help with survival.

Minotaur is a lot squishier but all other features are stronger. Depending on the situation, you can play her as a torpedo boat, farm insane amounts of damage with your guns and you can kill DDs within one radar duration.

Smoke Minotaur will rack up insane amounts of damage if you get the enemies' broadsides, it's usually more fun than smoke Edinburgh.

Good luck and have fun. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[GOTHY]
Beta Tester
113 posts
1,521 battles

Well after grinding for research b. I just dont like slow shells and high arcs of usa cruisers and I just play with Agir cause I will buy Siegfried soon. German shells are so much faster and I hit things better. 

Alaska is really good but I just cant get used to bad arcs and slow shells after 4x researchimg same 2 tier cruisers.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
830 posts
1,023 battles
5 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I'd be curious to know if you've spotted any major differences after switching servers. You know, like play style, tactics, team play, ship popularity and the like.

I have. But I don't know the cause of the differences. Is it me? Is it because EU players are better? Or because they are worse? Hard to tell. 

There are more CVs here than on NA, that's my impression. 

• Cool 1

Players
78 posts
1,819 battles
6 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

NA is a wee bit....less skilled but more aggressive, matches are faster paced.
but it’s a very small sample group since I only went back to play recently for 2-3 games , could be survivalist bias.

• Cool 1

Players
78 posts
1,819 battles
4 hours ago, slugford said:

Fabulous AP on the Baltimore. Fun ship to play.

And welcome to the European server.

Thank you . And yes , ultra AP

Players
8,549 posts
8 hours ago, SodaBubbles said:

I have. But I don't know the cause of the differences. Is it me? Is it because EU players are better? Or because they are worse? Hard to tell. 

There are more CVs here than on NA, that's my impression. 

7 hours ago, Silver_Firebote said:

NA is a wee bit....less skilled but more aggressive, matches are faster paced.
but it’s a very small sample group since I only went back to play recently for 2-3 games , could be survivalist bias.

Just theorizing here, but I think the game is more fun when everyone is on the same page, I don't mean skill level so much (as long as the two teams are balanced in this regard so we won't get that snowball/steamroll effect), but rather a similar take on the game in terms of play style and tactics. Maybe the mindset on the EU is different or more varied due to the size of the player base, and as a result we get a 'free for all' with half the team bogged down in a stale camping mode and the other half making uncoordinated yolo moves with much of the fun falling through the cracks in the engagement.

Sign in to follow this