You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

How It Works: Economics – XP and Credits

21 comments in this topic

[DKP]
Modder
424 posts
7,943 battles

The most important part is missing: Winning

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,387 posts
4,667 battles
28 minutes ago, OlliN said:

The most important part is missing: Winning

That is true, indeed. But this video atleast explains, how approximately you got that amount of XP and credits from that battle. After that the fact if you win or loose will apply bonus to that earning.

Players
266 posts
15 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

That is true, indeed. But this video atleast explains, how approximately you got that amount of XP and credits from that battle. After that the fact if you win or loose will apply bonus to that earning.

You meant in encourages to play in a way which does not help the team at all? Because, i.m.h.o. it does nothing else?

• Cool 2

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,387 posts
4,667 battles
15 hours ago, CollingwoodDK said:

You meant in encourages to play in a way which does not help the team at all? Because, i.m.h.o. it does nothing else?

which part of this video is encouraging anyone to not help team at all? This video explains, how can you earn credits and XP doing your tasks in the battle. 

Mostly pay attention to the table with earnings divided by ship class, for example.

Btw in How it Works videos, we have a part with modifiers:

[MAD4T]
Players
1 post
8,746 battles

The video doesn't compare spotting damage rewards with actual dmg rewards! They dont share these statistics because you can be in games where you spot 150k-300k dmg and still be placed lower in the match xp/credits earned than those doing actual smaller damage numbers. That is the fundamental problem with the game atm.... Backline campers allowing frontline ships to push and spot and risk everything for very little xp and economical gain compared with those sitting at the very back farming damage off the ships the frontline are spotting for them. So there is little to NO incentive for BB or ships with range to push (apart from winning), but they don't and instead prefer to conserve HP by staying at range or hiding behind cover as much as possible while their teammates get focused and die with no support. Teams then gain advantages in numbers and generally the match ends with one team dominating the other. However the ships camping ie BB still come top of the table. This generally is made worse with so much aircraft in battles and also depends on how team play focused your cv player is compared with the enemy cv. ie. If they farm damage on larger/slower targets and get more xp (and lose) or go for spotting dmg and focus dd, getting less xp/rewards if they miss strikes and deal less dmg all match (and generally help win) etc. The game would improve if more rewards were shared more equally and effectively with spotting dmg vs dealing the damage. Why should a destroyer/cruiser push to try and cap or radar/defend caps (to get xp or not get any xp) risk getting counter spotted, get focused and die early even gaining spotting dmg yet still get less rewards than a camping battleship firing 20 salvo's in a match in relative safety? So until you modify the spotting rewards the game will continue to be painful and less rewarding to players who actually try and help team play over the selfish BB/CV dmg farmers. Also incidentally if you don't push and spot or try and cap for your team. You are abused in chat or even shot by friendlies...

• Cool 7

Players
7 posts
3,688 battles
17 hours ago, CollingwoodDK said:

You get 50% more base xp if your team wins. That's jolly good if you ask me!😊

Players
266 posts
19 minutes ago, Totti_3000 said:

You get 50% more base xp if your team wins. That's jolly good if you ask me!😊

Yes but looking at the current gameplay, that is not the message greedy people will understand. Becasue sometimes that requires playing together ... which is not explained at all.

Players
266 posts
On 6/8/2021 at 9:28 AM, YabbaCoe said:

which part of this video is encouraging anyone to not help team at all?

I will explain that as soon as I get to watch it again, as I assume you want time stamps.!!! edit !!!! The video you refered to is not even the viodeo you had linked  in the article ... that would be that:

So lets see - one thing that make me wonnder. At 0:29 you claim that our account is virtual? So basically you wanted to tell what ?

What follows is basically my humble opinion, taking the assumption, if I would be greedy.

At 0:35 You explain that there is no xp gain for damage on planes. As my fellow forum members allready explained there is no explanation for spotting mechancics

At 01:14 you basically explain that camping is the best solution - because you get the most experience for inflicting damage and sinking ships - which means  vice versa it might be better to camp. At 01:44 You explain why kill stealing might be a valueable hobby. Around 02:40 you encourage camping again.

At least that would be my perception if I were greedy.

Also my fellow forum players added a lot of what in my mind. Take Paveways feedback, as well as VladoCro and Fesvils.

But having seen this I doubt it was worth the time I invested.

[ALYEN]
Players
3,182 posts
4,508 battles

Care to explain the mechanics and contribution to "Blocking capture" ??? Because to this day I was under the impression that simply blocking a cap does not bring any XP/credits. Nothing about this is stated on the wiki either. Blocking has the Base defense ribbon there, so something is not correct somewhere ....

F.e. Epicenter maps where people block the capture most often don't seem to be influenced by the amount of time I stay in the circles ...

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
35,446 battles
5 hours ago, Paveway said:

So there is little to NO incentive for BB or ships with range to push (apart from winning), but they don't and instead prefer to conserve HP by staying at range or hiding behind cover as much as possible while their teammates get focused and die with no support.

We see it almost almost every battle. Like my FdG yesterday:

depp.thumb.jpg.eca8f850552020e387cf2d0497741ca8.jpg

as you can see, he constantly spammed "I need intelligence data" and I dummy wasted my ship while trying to provide spotting for the team. Needless to say we lost and he had better score than me (20bxp more). I guess he is a better player than me.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
35,446 battles
3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Care to explain the mechanics and contribution to "Blocking capture" ??? Because to this day I was under the impression that simply blocking a cap does not bring any XP/credits

A good question. Taking away 90% of a ship´s HP gives you the corresponding amount of XP, even if you don´t get the (imo dumb) "kill-ribbon".

Capping a zone for almost a minute and then getting chased off a second before it is taken gives nothing.

How is that fair? While capping I have to remain silent, can´t farm or do anything that gives XP (and therefore credits). I also stay usually in the center of the map, close to danger(s) and everyone knows I am there, so torpedos get flushed into the cap. The big ships far behind me can farm at my expense and get their XP from it. Oh, and they can call me "noob" when one of the torps does hit me.

[-NSC-]
Players
318 posts
12,515 battles

Whaaaaat? You've got to be kidding. Why mention spotting at all? Not worth it, and cruisers gets the most, the class that huddle alongside BB's and provide no support, but constantly wails for "I need intelligence data!". 

What a load o' bollocks, ignore 90% of what they said in the video, because it's false advertising, the only thing you really get exp and gold for is damage, you get a little bit from capping, but the rest is utterly ignorable. 

So, want EXP and Credits?

1. Play a premium dinghy (T9 and below, preferably Missouri if you've got it).

2. Focus on dealing damage and kills, nothing else.

3. Don't risk your life.

-Fes, the optimist

[LUIHU]
[LUIHU]
Beta Tester, Players
16 posts
3,787 battles

Thanks for the informative video! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
266 posts
18 hours ago, Sa1nt said:

Thanks for the informative video! 

It all depends, doesn't it ? Thx for making me happy for a few while.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,387 posts
4,667 battles
23 hours ago, CollingwoodDK said:

I will explain that as soon as I get to watch it again, as I assume you want time stamps.!!! edit !!!! The video you refered to is not even the viodeo you had linked  in the article ... that would be that:

So lets see - one thing that make me wonnder. At 0:29 you claim that our account is virtual? So basically you wanted to tell what ?

What follows is basically my humble opinion, taking the assumption, if I would be greedy.

At 0:35 You explain that there is no xp gain for damage on planes. As my fellow forum members allready explained there is no explanation for spotting mechancics

At 01:14 you basically explain that camping is the best solution - because you get the most experience for inflicting damage and sinking ships - which means  vice versa it might be better to camp. At 01:44 You explain why kill stealing might be a valueable hobby. Around 02:40 you encourage camping again.

At least that would be my perception if I were greedy.

Also my fellow forum players added a lot of what in my mind. Take Paveways feedback, as well as VladoCro and Fesvils.

But having seen this I doubt it was worth the time I invested.

Well, I linked you another video, that we released in past. The video in this article is explaining the basics of the economy and the video I linked here is explaining the modifiers of that income. So it is complement video to current one.

Well, your ingame account is a virtual one. It is definitely not a real account, for example, the one you have your money on. 

I will actually check about damage to planes to get XP, as I am currently not sure.

Of course, you are getting XP for damaging and sinking ships, as it is the most important thing to do in order to defeat the enemy team. Of course, you can try to win by caps, but without sinking enemy ships, this would be almost impossible. But this definitely is not promoting camping.

Destroying a ship gives you same amount of XP as dealing 1/10 of HP to that ship. So if you do 90% damage to a certain ship and somebody steals it from you, you get more XP for that ship, than he does.

Where in 2:40 do we promote camping, especially when it is about the cap?

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,105 posts
15,169 battles

The issue is more that the rewards do not incentivise objectives enough, rather than promoting camping. But this has been a long running sentiment.

• Cool 1

Players
859 posts
8,115 battles
On 6/7/2021 at 5:50 PM, YabbaCoe said:

It would be awesome if the game explained you after the battle what exactly you got your credits for :) this way players will have a  better understanding of how to win their games

[TOHOU]
Players
482 posts

Someone should make a vid called How it Works : WG player scams /how filthy wg scams the playerbase

[-NSC-]
Players
318 posts
12,515 battles
2 hours ago, Cirno9999 said:

Someone should make a vid called How it Works : WG player scams /how filthy wg scams the playerbase

Sigh, there's no scam, it's the lack of accuracy that's bad. They don't lie, they just don't divulge the details, which I think are essential..

-Fes