Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Myrmix

Nelson useful for credit grind?

22 comments in this topic

[FLYDS]
Players
949 posts
4,624 battles

Just a simple question: Should I spend the 375k free xp for Nelson? Is it a good ship to grind credits?

Or better save up free xp for a 1mil ship in the next months?

[THESO]
Players
3,590 posts
28,459 battles

get it! now! or cry later after it got rmoved in a few, without any substitue in sight!...

2cts

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
33,090 posts
16,604 battles
Just now, Myrmix said:

Just a simple question: Should I spend the 375k free xp for Nelson? Is it a good ship to grind credits?

Depends on your other premiums.

When you have Tier VIII+ premiums, then she earns less.

When you have Tier VI- premiums, then she earns more.

She is a fun ship, that can motivate to be played for many battles, when you like BB and the Tier.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,309 posts
25,438 battles

Buy her now or regret it afterwards.  The Nelson itself is a fine T7 BB on its own. It has it pro and cons but I feel that it is a very good ship. Finally it’s price at 375k FXP is the last and very soon removed example of well prized FXP ships before the current prize hike starting at 1m FXP. Has to do with the fact when with the introduction of the uk bb line WG introduced the KGV and Monarch and leaving the Nelson out as a future sellable premium due to “ logical increase of gun calibre” . Like T7 Nelson with 16 inch and T8 KGV with 14 inch would have been strange…

So then there was some riot from the players and thus WG made Nelson the first FXP free ship for a friendly mere 375 k FXP. Apparently that favor from WG is now coming to an end. 

Make use of it while you still can.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
987 posts
10,702 battles

Of course she is not printing credits like higher tier premiums but she definitely deserves that 350k fxp price tag...

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

It's main gimmick is it is hard to kill with its superheal. That is not unique anymore but it once was. It also has short fuses and less overpens and 1.9 sigma guns. All in front.

And Lenin is sort of a copy of it......

LWM review :

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/133955-premium-ship-review-hms-nelson/

Anectdote of the sheer power of such guns IRL  :

Firing trials revealed that the blast of 'A' and 'B' turrets on forward bearings caused damage to many weather-deck fittings and conditions on the mess-decks became very uncomfortable. When 'X' turret was fired 30 degrees abaft the beam and elevation of 40 degrees, considerable damage occurred to the vertically stacked two rows of bridge windows.[12] As a result, the guns of "X" turret were usually prohibited from firing abaft of the beam at high elevations during peacetime practice firing. Fitting tempered glass in the bridge windows was tried, but gun blast still shattered some of them and filled the bridge with flying debris. The design of the Captain's bridge was altered on Nelson circa 1930-33 to reduce the window area and enclose the upper portion of the previous two rows of glass. A great deal of effort was expended in correcting this problem, and fitting of protective ledges below the new smaller windows proved successful. A new enclosed Admiral's bridge with its requisite reduced windows was built on top of the Captain's bridge and the forward signalling lamps were moved up one level and towards the aft of the bridge. The Admiral's bridge on Rodney remained stepped back somewhat from the forward edge of the tower, but the Captain's bridge had the same reduced area of glass that Nelson now had, with larger ledges.[3] Blast was also a problem elsewhere; D.K. Brown tells of a test firing that was suspended when DNC observer H.S. Pengelly, who was beneath the foredeck, reported a bright red flash after firing all guns in "A" turret. This was later discovered to be caused by concussion of the observers' eyeballs.[4]

• Cool 1

[VIBES]
Players
1,629 posts
24,548 battles

Don't we get weekly special signals now, basically?

Imho it's never been easier to grind free xp, so just dew it and start saving up again later: the Nelson's a nice ship, and she's getting withdrawn!

• Cool 1

Players
887 posts
30,802 battles

yes the Ship can give you alot of Credits and since she is going to be removed soon you might want to buy her.

Nelson has 9 406 mm Guns all at the Front that can rotate 360. You have very Good He but your AP is also Good thanks to the Overmatch against T6/7 BBs.

Thanks to the same Superheal that you know from Lion and Conquerer you are able to Tank alot of He Spam and you can even let 2 Fires Burn.

Nelson doesn´t like Torps and her Bow and Stern can be Overmatched by 380mm or Bigger.

And whatever you do don´t show Broadside or you will be back in Port soon.

Nelson has a large Citadell but since the Guns are all at the Front you can still use them.

As for the Speed. The Ship is faster than a Colorado but still a slow BB with her 24 knots.

• Cool 1

[SMOOP]
Players
16 posts
10,706 battles

Nelson is absolutely worth her price, especially when Operation Narai is on.

Considering the FOMO of her being removed from purchase soon, yeah, get her if you can.

• Cool 1

Players
705 posts
5,022 battles
1 hour ago, doerhoff_damian said:

Nelson has 9 406 mm Guns all at the Front that can rotate 360.

None of her gun turrets rotate 360 degrees - unless this is a new commander skill I haven't spotted. ;)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
887 posts
30,802 battles
Vor 25 Minuten, Pametrada sagte:

None of her gun turrets rotate 360 degrees - unless this is a new commander skill I haven't spotted. ;)

Ah ok my mistake the turrets don´t rotate 360 but you can point them all forward and turn them from left to right. You don´t have the Problem where one Turret turns the other way like the third Turret of the Izumo.

This means you can easily point all Guns on the Enemy

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,741 posts
20,171 battles
8 hours ago, Myrmix said:

The Nelson earns less credits than the T9-premium ships. If only credits are important to you, you should wait and get a T9 ship.

That said, a premium ship is more than just a credit earner. A T9-ship that has a good credits multiplier, but is not fun to play, does not earn credits, cause you won't play it as regularly as a ship you like. A ship that you play well in, will yield better results and thus earn more credits.

The Nelson imo is just that, a good and fun ship at a tier that does not have particularly many good ships. The Nelson is one of my favorite ships in T7-Ranked. It's a no-brainer. Get it first. If anything, play more so you can afford a T9 on top of it in maybe 6 months.

• Cool 1

Players
130 posts
5,469 battles
11 hours ago, Solodorius said:

Nelson is absolutely worth her price, especially when Operation Narai is on.

Considering the FOMO of her being removed from purchase soon, yeah, get her if you can.

"Considering the FOMO of her being removed .... get her if you can"

so ... correct me if im wrong but you not only know of this exploitative practice, you actively embrace it as good and encourage others to do the same?

how very corporate conform of you

[NSNS]
Players
9 posts
17 hours ago, Myrmix said:

If you like playing BBs, get it. It's a very nice ship, it's decent for grinding credits. It was my first premium ship and event to this day, as I got more and more premium BBs, I still enjoy playing the Nelson.

Just know that the best way to play a Nelson is to show the enemies your angled rear while shooting over your shoulder while they are reloading.

• Cool 1

Players
265 posts
6,780 battles

375 is pretty cheap and it's a fun ship. Just remember that the armour isn't great against big guns.

• Cool 1

[SMOOP]
Players
16 posts
10,706 battles
1 hour ago, BoxOfAngryBees said:

"Considering the FOMO of her being removed .... get her if you can"

so ... correct me if im wrong but you not only know of this exploitative practice, you actively embrace it as good and encourage others to do the same?

how very corporate conform of you

No. Just no.

You can stop your false accusations about which corporate manipulations I consider "good" right there. If you actually want to know how I feel about the removal and manipulation of FOMO, well I don't like it any more than you do.

The fact remains that Nelson is the least expensive free-XP ship and I like the ship enough to recommend her. The impending removal is a valid reason to unlock her before she is gone - if one has the free-XP to do so.

If you want to argue against unlocking Nelson because her removal plays on FOMO, feel free to make that case instead of trying to start some argument based on false assumptions about me.

• Cool 3

Players
2,630 posts
10,329 battles

I’ve the Nelson but I rarerly play her. Not because it’s a bad ship, but because I find her boring and not fun to play. The handling is sluggish and she eats citadels quite easily. I find the Lenin much more fun to play. Considering money making, you can make more money with the Pommern, which is a freely obtainable coal ship. For free XP, I’m having much more fun with the Agir and she probably makes more credits. If you’re accumulating freeXP quite fast, then pick up the Nelson before she’s gone. If you can afford one freeXP ship per year, than rather spare for the Agir. Also, you can pick up the Duke of York for coal, which I prefer to play over the Nelson when I fancy playing a T7 BB, and she has the same credit multiplier.

Players
130 posts
5,469 battles
2 hours ago, Solodorius said:

No. Just no.

You can stop your false accusations about which corporate manipulations I consider "good" right there. If you actually want to know how I feel about the removal and manipulation of FOMO, well I don't like it any more than you do.

The fact remains that Nelson is the least expensive free-XP ship and I like the ship enough to recommend her. The impending removal is a valid reason to unlock her before she is gone - if one has the free-XP to do so.

If you want to argue against unlocking Nelson because her removal plays on FOMO, feel free to make that case instead of trying to start some argument based on false assumptions about me.

well, thats how i read it ... fomo is real and its horrible for all the wrong reasons - you writing like that made me think as i did

i react allergically to those things (to a fault, i admit) and call it out - but you clearly corrected me on that so its fine

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,915 posts
16,769 battles
22 hours ago, Myrmix said:

Just a simple question: Should I spend the 375k free xp for Nelson?

Simple answer: yes.

Slightly more expansive answer: she's very good value for the price (which is probably partly why she's being removed), having been at that level since before all the dragon flags etc. got released; she's also pretty effective if your BB kung fu is strong (and she's good value in Narai, even if it isn't) - as a DD chap, I view Nelsons in Ranked as a very serious threat (if/when I get spotted). She's also worthwhile having for 'fires' missions.

As others have alluded to, you do have a citadel the size of a small continent, and you do lumber a bit (I view Nelsons as a fine place to put my torps, given the chance), so she isn't an OP monster.

For me, another major plus is she has a lot of character, and is - of course - very real and has a lot of history about her (I'm quietly hoping we'll get Rodney too at some stage for similar reasons).

So, I think she's very much worth having, and I don't even like BBs very much (they smell, and their mothers dress them funny)...!

• Cool 2

Players
1,207 posts
8,104 battles

Is she worth it? Yeah.

Is she somewhat tricky to play? Yeah.

Not only do you have a massive citadel, you also have a massive nose that can be overpenned  OVERMATCHED by just about any BB of its own tier (T7) and higher, and also is a very juicy target for cruisers of broadside.

• Cool 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
990 posts
20,511 battles

why have a real ship when you can have soviet toilet paper?

GET... yes.  the next free exp T7 battleship will be twice the price.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this