Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dante_AK

Georgia, Alsace and others.

16 comments in this topic

Question

Players
119 posts
5,550 battles

Is Georgia after cpt rework worth specing in full secondary no ifhe build? 

And same question for Alsace.

I have no no way for now respecing Georgia cpt so i cant check myself, i dont have Alsace but i always wanted one but only with secondary build.

And for last, are there any other available tech tree or coal ships worth specing in to secondary build ifhe or no ifhe and are not german bbs?

15 answers to this question

Players
242 posts
12,328 battles
34 minutes ago, Dante_AK said:

I have no no way for now respecing Georgia cpt so i cant check myself, i dont have Alsace but i always wanted one but only with secondary build.

And for last, are there any other available tech tree or coal ships worth specing in to secondary build ifhe or no ifhe and are not german bbs?

IMPO the French BB's were never worth speccing into secondaries due to the low calibre of the secondary guns. They can't pen much at all and rely on setting fires. I built my Alsace/Republique into the ''tank'' build. I focused on survivablity and fire resistance. They have bad armour against HE so can't soak up any damage. Only the Rep can do so with a bit of angling and using the slab of armour on the side to bounce AP. HE still pens you everywhere though.

The Georgia i haven't played since the commander rework. 2nd builds aren't reliable anymore and i like to be consistent so i retrained him into the same as my Frenchies as the Georgia also has the same bad armour as the Rep and Alsace.

Some people still enjoy secondary builds but it's not worth the cost for me personally.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,191 posts
15,698 battles

Questionable on Alsace. For Georgia, sec build still works well, but don't take mansec. Buff the range to the max and then take Close Quarters Combat as 4th tier secondary skill instead. You'll get a secondary reload boost and a nifty main battery reload boost when in sec range. 

It's not a hyper-accurate secondary meme but it works well. Same deal for Ohio and Massa. 

• Cool 2

[VIBES]
Players
1,014 posts
21,349 battles

I wanted to try secondary Alsace when I regrinded her, but I ended up going for full-sniper (Dead Eye included), and I had a blast. The HE is really strong, and you can play her as an oversized cruiser. Because she doesn't overmatch much with AP, losing fire chance to IFHE isn't recommended, imho.

Georgia is still viable as a secondary platform after the rework, imho: IFHE isn't needed, you wouldn't take accuracy in slot #3 anyway (though turret traverse would be nice), and the secondaries are pretty accurate even today.

I run Fire Prevention and will be getting either the extra heal or the close quarters skill once I reach 21 points. Personally, the Georgia performs smack-dab in the middle of my T9 average, and I know I could do better in terms of positioning, so I wouldn't say a secondary build is a mistake.

I've always run full-secondary (including the last module) on the République, which does not need IFHE, and I find her just fine, a good performer. And again, I'm someone who often makes bad decisions trying to use the secondaries at all costs.

• Cool 1

Players
119 posts
5,550 battles

Ok so i will leave Georgia for while yet till i get my first 21 cpt and get some elite exp to reset Georgia cpt, but i will go and try Alsace for fire spamming, and maybe if i will like it maybe i will try Republique also for fire spam, but 2 turrets one in front and one on back its kinda not for me, and those long range tier 10 battles eh, but reload and fire chance seems nice.

[VIBES]
Players
1,014 posts
21,349 battles
54 minutes ago, Dante_AK said:

but 2 turrets one in front and one on back its kinda not for me,

When you think about it, it's not too different from having 4 turrets 2 at the front and 2 at the back.

The penetration is great, they overmatch 30 mm and the rate of fire and accuracy (with the module) is nice.

Players
119 posts
5,550 battles
5 godzin temu, tocqueville8 napisał:

When you think about it, it's not too different from having 4 turrets 2 at the front and 2 at the back.

Yes but i have tendency to get too close to enemy sometimes, too much brawling, and i just cant sit behind, i like also get closer in some cover of island and help friendly dds kil enemy dd or at least scare it off. Or enemy dd will get too close smokes up and thinks he is safe, i do charge them bow in, or i get myself in position where turning would probably kill me and bow tanking reverse is good option, so for those and similar situations i would like more than 4 turrets in front :).

And also im person thats hmm... lets say some rpg, i would pick caster/mage class, if i like how his spells work, looks and it feels good for me, i will play it, if not i will play other class till i find something i like and feels good, so thats why republique dosent speak to me, i might change my mind if i get it in my hands someday and play it. And also those t10 very long range battleships battles, yeah i think too much brawling made me (cant find proper word), distorted maybe ?

Or im not feeling comfortable with really long range battles and things like that.

Modder
5,398 posts
24,445 battles
11 hours ago, But_Can_You_Meme said:

IMPO the French BB's were never worth speccing into secondaries due to the low calibre of the secondary guns. They can't pen much at all and rely on setting fires. I built my Alsace/Republique into the ''tank'' build.

Before nerf of IFHE and secondaries, at least Gascogne was playable in full secondary build, but she has fast reloading heal like Massa and Georgia + VIII tier MM was not so bad. In Alsace with/without such build I got the same average results but I've decided to build her as standard  BB, becouse it was easier to play her like that.

Now manual secondary skill is a poor choice becouse it helps too little for 4 point spended. Even with this skill we hardly hit enemy DD or anything past 10km, which was main selling point before. I personally use this skill on low tier ships only - like Mikasa or Prinz Eitel Friedrich, because in those tiers she got a buff from 15% to 35% and it makes some sense now.

Players
1,617 posts
15 hours ago, Dante_AK said:

The rench sec builds have been butchered to the ground so no

Georgia sec build works in ranked, but no longer in randoms. Coz it has GK sec disp now, and while that isn't bad, the secs itself gun wise are crap so you only rely on fires and damaging DDs. 

Modder
5,398 posts
24,445 battles
42 minutes ago, totally_potato said:

Georgia sec build works in ranked, but no longer in randoms. Coz it has GK sec disp now, and while that isn't bad, the secs itself gun wise are crap so you only rely on fires and damaging DDs. 

# after: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Secondary_Armament

Massa and Georgia and:

• German tech tree aircraft carriers.
  • The premium & reward ships: Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Massachusetts B, Georgia, Ohio, Agincourt, and Max Immelmann.
  • The casemate mounts (only!) of Iron Duke, Warspite, Mutsu, Nagato, Ashitaka, Hyuga, Amagi, Kii, Ignis Purgatio, and Ragnarok.

have better dispertion then Germans:

• German tech tree battleships at tier VII+
  • The premiums Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Scharnhorst, Scharnhorst B, Tirpitz, Tirpitz B, Odin. and Pommern.

They have such formula: { [ (Range in km) x 33 ] + 30 }  while those Germans have: { [ (Range in km) x 45 ] + 30 }

# My Real tests without manual sec:

9 km
Odin vs Riga:            65/384 = 16,9%
Scharnhorst vs Riga:     56/421 = 13,3% (this is RNG, on other distances Sharnhorst was on par with Odin)
Georgia:        145/670 = 21,64%

#  But still Massa and Georgia without old +65% manual secondaries perk buff, no longer murder DD.

Players
1,617 posts
11 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

# after: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Secondary_Armament

Massa and Georgia and:

• German tech tree aircraft carriers.
  • The premium & reward ships: Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Massachusetts B, Georgia, Ohio, Agincourt, and Max Immelmann.
  • The casemate mounts (only!) of Iron Duke, Warspite, Mutsu, Nagato, Ashitaka, Hyuga, Amagi, Kii, Ignis Purgatio, and Ragnarok.

have better dispertion then Germans:

• German tech tree battleships at tier VII+
  • The premiums Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Scharnhorst, Scharnhorst B, Tirpitz, Tirpitz B, Odin. and Pommern.

They have such formula: { [ (Range in km) x 33 ] + 30 }  while those Germans have: { [ (Range in km) x 45 ] + 30 }

# My Real tests without manual sec:

9 km
Odin vs Riga:            65/384 = 16,9%
Scharnhorst vs Riga:     56/421 = 13,3% (this is RNG, on other distances Sharnhorst was on par with Odin)
Georgia:        145/670 = 21,64%

#  But still Massa and Georgia without old +65% manual secondaries perk buff, no longer murder DD.

yes its same as GK before reworks. I am not wrong

Modder
5,398 posts
24,445 battles
16 minutes ago, totally_potato said:

yes its same as GK before reworks. I am not wrong

I don't know what this sentence is about. Before rework GK had standard dispertion formula. Only not long ago it was buffed like other German VII+, but still it's worse then US special one.

It was like that. You can treat Alabama as GK before latest buff.

X6SfBam.gif

Write exactly what you mean and provide the data and sources if You want to discuss this topic.

Players
1,617 posts
5 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

I don't know what this sentence is about. Before rework GK had standard dispersion formula. Only not long ago it was buffed like other German VII+, but still it's worse then US special one.

Jesus, I am talking about GK accuracy with Sec mod 1, flag, MS with the 60% dispersion reduction. 

That is now the accuracy of the current American secs with full sec build. Hit ratios proved that.

[VIBES]
Players
1,014 posts
21,349 battles

Imho it's better to take accuracy than range on the secondaries, if points are too scarce for both.

The reason is that at long range you won't hit much anyway, and in nose-in standoffs you have the option to get a bit closer to the enemy BB/supercruisers, if you so choose.

Plus there is the occasion where you use secondaries for self-defense against rushing DDs (their "real life" purpose, as I understand), in which case it's all about the accuracy and rate of fire, not the range at all.

Players
119 posts
5,550 battles

So after some thinking, i will not research Alsace, i dont want another 380 BB just to do fires, no hydro and no secondaries.

I will research Roon and then hindi, dont know why but from all tech trees cruisers they speak to me.

I didint play cruiser for so long, darn. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,617 posts
On 6/5/2021 at 9:15 PM, Dante_AK said:

Sec build? Yeah sure

IFHE sec build? Hell no

On french Bbs, they aren't worth speccing for anymore

Sign in to follow this