You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
venderbomb

Auction Possibilities

10 comments in this topic

[BRIT6]
Players
64 posts
7,636 battles

I'm sure the Auction feature has wet the appetite of WG as an additional income stream, so I was thinking what are the possibilities? and what would you bid for the following:

Just a few examples:

10,000 Steel -  100 million credits or 12,000 dubs starting bid

Missouri or Musashi- 25,000 dubs starting bid

Etc

I liked the idea of using credits, as a lot of players have a huge amount just doing nothing but I've a sneaky feeling well see some crazy developments with this feature...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[UF]
Players
28 posts
7,730 battles

What about an auction to play the game rather than a free to play ?

Seriously, I want to play a game of warships, not to participate in an auction system! 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,924 posts
51,503 battles
1 hour ago, venderbomb said:

I'm sure the Auction feature has wet the appetite of WG as an additional income stream, so I was thinking what are the possibilities? and what would you bid for the following:

Just a few examples:

10,000 Steel -  100 million credits or 12,000 dubs starting bid

Missouri or Musashi- 25,000 dubs starting bid

Etc

I liked the idea of using credits, as a lot of players have a huge amount just doing nothing but I've a sneaky feeling well see some crazy developments with this feature...

I am pretty sure WG will announce such auctions but then it will be a strongly limited number., say 50-100 Missouris/Musashis worldwide.

Steel - absolutely

I guess with the flags disappearing from achievements camos/ flag packages will be a thing in the future. These later will be expensive for us veterans which use to play them for free (by performing) but they might be acceptable compared with the armory. F.e. 100 combat flags of each or similar will probably go cheap compared with the armorys prizes, camos etc but it will go a while before old/good players will have  shortages. And some players will probably just use less signals, incl. myself in randoms once the flags hit low levels. 

Fortunately I have most of the rare ships. That is fortunate even for you if you are a new player,  as that you do not compete with me f.e. in case of a Missouri. In the case of steel it is different as this is a extremely useful resource with limited grindability. Camos might also be a case where many players have so large stocks that it is not meaningful to buy more unless supercheap.

I

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,555 posts
32,331 battles
10 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

I am pretty sure WG will announce such auctions but then it will be a strongly limited number., say 50-100 Missouris/Musashis worldwide.

Steel - absolutely

I agree. I'm not sure how frequent auctions will be, but you can bet that sooner or later some rare ship or rare resources will be there. Probably in limited numbers and not very often but still WG would not miss opportunity to get much richer. And if EU start to introduce more restrictive laws considering loot boxes, auctions could easily take the place of Santa boxes as technically they are not gambling as a main source for rare premiums.

Players
1,953 posts
11,129 battles

When is next auction? i have 10k dubloons ready for my Missouri

• Funny 2

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
293 posts
19,117 battles

I am sure that your 10K Dubs will buy you no more than one of Missouri chimneys.

• Cool 1

Players
1,953 posts
11,129 battles
5 hours ago, ZeMalm said:

I am sure that your 10K Dubs will buy you no more than one of Missouri chimneys.

Like dockyard good idea, buy pieces of the ship for well inflated prices and stick em together....

I predict the next three things on auction will be

- 10,000 steel

- Max Immelmann Commemorative flag 

- 1000 Hydras or 1000 Ouroboros