Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Weekly Combat Missions: Battle of Midway

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-RDE-]
Players
381 posts
5,220 battles

Several mediocre camos? Why not make an event with missions to earn premium ships, special commanders or even coal? 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
187 posts

Cmon, dont you like that flag? It looks like a di..sausage with 2 balls. Mount it and u feel better. Open your wallet and shut up !!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
340 posts
4,724 battles

Battle of Midway: One of the most important if not the most  important naval battle of the Pacific during WW2

 

WG: "One boring flag and a few camos take it or leave it." 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,393 posts
4,667 battles
Před 14 hodinami WorthyOpponent řekl/a:

Battle of Midway: One of the most important if not the most  important naval battle of the Pacific during WW2

 

WG: "One boring flag and a few camos take it or leave it." 

Understood. The thing is, that now, it is very packed with historical battles - Hunt for Bismarck, Battle of Jutland and Battle of Midway. We simply can't pay 100% attention to all of those events at the same time.

Which is why we have atleast something little. But as the Battle of Midway was in 1942, I guess next year, the celebration will be bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RNR-]
Players
1,585 posts
17 hours ago, WorthyOpponent said:

Battle of Midway: One of the most important if not the most  important naval battle of the Pacific during WW2

 

WG: "One boring flag and a few camos take it or leave it." 

Very well said, What a PATHETIC OFFERING WARGAMING, and I'm sure I already have a Midway Flag FGS..Why even bother :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
340 posts
4,724 battles
5 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Understood. The thing is, that now, it is very packed with historical battles - Hunt for Bismarck, Battle of Jutland and Battle of Midway. We simply can't pay 100% attention to all of those events at the same time.

Which is why we have atleast something little. But as the Battle of Midway was in 1942, I guess next year, the celebration will be bigger.

The thing that bothers me is WG really doesn't give enough attention to historical battles and their events. Every year we get German BB discount, some Dunkirk or Hunt for Bismarck containers, web campaign like this year the most etc. But on the other hand we're getting a whole new gamemode for halloween key battles for an example. Or Superbattleships that didn't even really exist, dockyards that are also most of the time paper ships. We were going to have an Axis vs Allies which I guess is delayed now for favoring the allies way too much... 

 

The point I'm trying to make is, there is actually a considerable portion of this playerbase that disables all non-historical camos and likes naval history too much. There is a portion of this playerbase that despises anime/transformers/whatever events and thinks they're too childish. These players are usually adults and have been playing for long. WG doesn't really do enough to keep these people hyped and entertained. Like instead of once again an unrelated event like Battle of the Beasts, couldn't we get an event that highlights all or any of the battles happened in this month with some temporary battle modes, videos and missions? Because I personally don't think anyone went "Damn I wish WG would include Germanic mythology into this game as sides, captains and flags!", but I can assure you I can see a lot of people going "Wish I could play X as operation in the game", "Wish we could play Leyte Gulf as a campaign of sorts." and whatever other stuff they're interested in.

 

There's just a huge difference in the quality of events. Lines and dockyards get the best, collabs get the middle and historic events are almost always the worst events. They usually consist of a few missions that give already existing containers and a single flag or patch. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,393 posts
4,667 battles
37 minutes ago, WorthyOpponent said:

The thing that bothers me is WG really doesn't give enough attention to historical battles and their events. Every year we get German BB discount, some Dunkirk or Hunt for Bismarck containers, web campaign like this year the most etc. But on the other hand we're getting a whole new gamemode for halloween key battles for an example. Or Superbattleships that didn't even really exist, dockyards that are also most of the time paper ships. We were going to have an Axis vs Allies which I guess is delayed now for favoring the allies way too much... 

 

The point I'm trying to make is, there is actually a considerable portion of this playerbase that disables all non-historical camos and likes naval history too much. There is a portion of this playerbase that despises anime/transformers/whatever events and thinks they're too childish. These players are usually adults and have been playing for long. WG doesn't really do enough to keep these people hyped and entertained. Like instead of once again an unrelated event like Battle of the Beasts, couldn't we get an event that highlights all or any of the battles happened in this month with some temporary battle modes, videos and missions? Because I personally don't think anyone went "Damn I wish WG would include Germanic mythology into this game as sides, captains and flags!", but I can assure you I can see a lot of people going "Wish I could play X as operation in the game", "Wish we could play Leyte Gulf as a campaign of sorts." and whatever other stuff they're interested in.

 

There's just a huge difference in the quality of events. Lines and dockyards get the best, collabs get the middle and historic events are almost always the worst events. They usually consist of a few missions that give already existing containers and a single flag or patch. 

Understood and I get your point.

As you can see, we are usually trying to build an arc around release of the new ship line. There are special events around, special features, ports, camos etc etc. For example we will have Dutch Cruisers next and you can again expect some stuff around that.

But, you mentioned Leyte Gulf. Cool. So would would you suggest? What would you like to see in game during October, for Battle of Leyte Gulf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
340 posts
4,724 battles
12 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Understood and I get your point.

As you can see, we are usually trying to build an arc around release of the new ship line. There are special events around, special features, ports, camos etc etc. For example we will have Dutch Cruisers next and you can again expect some stuff around that.

But, you mentioned Leyte Gulf. Cool. So would would you suggest? What would you like to see in game during October, for Battle of Leyte Gulf?

This is how I would personally do it:

 

First of all, we definitely need new maps because calling something Leyte Gulf in Tears of the Desert map would definitely not feel like it. It would just be the same game with a different name. We don't need 48x48 km maps either, small maps like the ones used in operations and Assymetric Battles gamemode work better I think. This way you can take other parts of the actual map and have it in parts. Of course it may not be a complete replica, but something resembling the original place with some tweaks to balance it would be a fantastic place to start.

(Or don't, WG may just decide that requires way too many resources and can just add a single map along with the good ol' pool with some different weathers. But we need maps. You can even use the event as an excuse to add more maps.)

 

Then we need some informative but also fun videos, the channel World War Two and their video series WW2 Week by Week is a great reference. At the start of every week, we can focus on a single part of the battle and make a video about what went down there. At the end of the video give a code like the usual, which will unlock some mission chains for this event.

 

The battle of Leyte Gulf has 4 major battles, we can use each of them. Battle of the Sibuyan Sea(Can be a PvE escort mission like previous Halloween ones, with some swarms of aircraft occasionally coming), Battle of Surigao Strait(Very important as it is the last battleship to battleship combat, so this part of the event is heavily influenced by Brawl mode as gameplay)Battle off Samar(Classic PvP), Battle off Cape Engaño(I'm not honestly sure about this one. Just to make it unique maybe a defense/offense mode like the one in WoT, or another PvE one with the same concept like Defense of the Naval Station Newport.). Tiers and allowed ships are to be determined by WG. It can change, it may not, completely your choice.

 

Give them all 1 week over the course of a month, you can a points shop or straight up mission chains for this specific battle with rewards. The amount depends on WG, I can't say anything about that. What I can say is, you can reward players who played ships that are historically accurate just a little bit more. Like maybe 10%, it's a thought that can be tested. 

 

Want to sell stuff? What about historical camo bundles of the ships used in the Battle of Leyte Gulf and maybe even put them in loot boxes. I don't know, monetization is not my thing.

 

Of course I'm just a forum user and have no idea what goes inside WG and how you guys would change this, but I'm pretty sure you have at least one whole department that can mindstorm about this and have way better ideas, get some prototypes and even test it. 

----------------------o------------------------

The key parts I personally would love to see are new maps, temporary gamemodes and videos. Rest are just building a whole event based on these ideas.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×