Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LiveWire___

Agincourt: how to

12 comments in this topic

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,647 battles

All;

So I have this excellent (IMHO) ship, which I am doing pretty well in ATM.

I have her setup so far as:

GF, GG, PT, LRSBS, ISBA & CE.

Question is: Is she worth adding IFHE to? LWM seems to think this is a good idea, but I'm unsure. Firestarting over pen? Hmm.

As an aside; I am made up about this ship's secs. I overwhelmed an enemy Gneis with them just now. 

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,735 posts
24,865 battles
2 minutes ago, LiveWire___ said:

Question is: Is she worth adding IFHE to? LWM seems to think this is a good idea, but I'm unsure. Firestarting over pen? Hmm.

Could be, if you want to use HE against everything. The pen goes from 76mm to 95mm. At T5 this means a lot of pen all around.

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,647 battles
13 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd11 said:

another CE noob

Says the actual noob with less than 1000 battles and a paltry 49.08% W/R.

Go back under your bridge.

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,647 battles
23 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Could be, if you want to use HE against everything. The pen goes from 76mm to 95mm. At T5 this means a lot of pen all around.

I'm just trying to rationalise fire dam vs direct dam. And how this might affect DPM. Whichever is greater, I may well go for. 

[SM0KE]
Players
7,940 posts
16,791 battles
1 minute ago, LiveWire___ said:

I'm just trying to rationalise fire dam vs direct dam.

I'm not a BB fiend so wouldn't presume to offer advice one way or the other, but it might be pertinent to factor in that fire damage is 100% healable - so, if you expect to be shooting things that can heal a lot (basically BBs for a T5) then focusing on direct damage might be sensible? If you're going to mainly shooting non-healers, then fire is perhaps your friend.

Fire, at lower tiers anyway, also has the merit that it often makes people pop their DCP; besides distracting them, it opens them up to subsequent DoT effects if they don't get out of sight...

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,647 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm not a BB fiend so wouldn't presume to offer advice one way or the other, but it might be pertinent to factor in that fire damage is 100% healable - so, if you expect to be shooting things that can heal a lot (basically BBs for a T5) then focusing on direct damage might be sensible? If you're going to mainly shooting non-healers, then fire is perhaps your friend.

Fire, at lower tiers anyway, also has the merit that it often makes people pop their DCP; besides distracting them, it opens them up to subsequent DoT effects if they don't get out of sight...

Hmm. It sounds like six of one, half a dozen of the other. Good post, though. It's certainly food for thought. 

Though I must say, having usable secs at T5 to begin with has been a huge advantage so far. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,893 posts
13,131 battles

It's tier 5 seal clubbing territory. 

I don't think it matters, IFHE or not. Either just piles HE misery on new players. 

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,647 battles
2 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

It's tier 5 seal clubbing territory. 

I don't think it matters, IFHE or not. Either just piles HE misery on new players. 

Mr Flibble! 

[RODS]
Players
2,158 posts
8,339 battles

Played mine in coop several battles to get the hang of its moves and guns

Built for Secondary range both with secondary battery mod 1 and Long range secondary captain skill, 8.3 km range

Dont go for IHFE and preferably use HE unless some fool is presenting a full broadside, u will get a lot of fires

Secondaries melt opponents pretty good with help from main HE fire, deffo a firestarter

Only played it once so far in random, got 10 fires, but a loss

Carrier in game - your need to be careful cos u have no AA - stay within friendly long range AA bubble

No carrier -  Go all in once u know where DD:s are

[ELEC]
Players
919 posts
5,647 battles
15 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Carrier in game - your need to be careful cos u have no AA - stay within friendly long range AA bubble

I often use Viribus Unitis (another great ship, I think), and am used to playing without AA.

It really doesn't bother me; I am very good at not being targeted by Carriers, and even with no AA, they aren't really anything more than an occasional nuisance to me. 

Sign in to follow this