Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bloodynicknames

So, did WG pull another sleazy trick and increase Detonation frequency ? ?

83 comments in this topic

Players
513 posts
13,176 battles

To get this out of the way, I never run the detonation flags for random battles. 

But as of the latest update(you know, the one where you no longer get flags for achievements) it appears that detonations are A LOT more frequent now.

Whereas before they happened maybe once a week(again, WITHOUT flags) now they appear to be quite frequent, say once a day. 

Did WG pull another sleazy move here(i mean SLEAZIER than the change to achievements) to force players to spend more resources in the armory ? 

You know what the really sad part is, I distrust WG on a level by now that this wouldnt even surprise me. 

Profit over player experience seems to be their motto in the past 2 years. 

• Cool 12

[ALYEN]
Players
3,171 posts
4,508 battles

hmm ... in the first sprint this season I detonated like 3x in a single evening ... I got fed up with that and mounted the signal ... but it was rather more frequent than usual ...

• Cool 1

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,361 posts
4,662 battles
Před 4 minutami bloodynicknames řekl/a:

To get this out of the way, I never run the detonation flags for random battles. 

But as of the latest update(you know, the one where you no longer get flags for achievements) it appears that detonations are A LOT more frequent now.

Whereas before they happened maybe once a week(again, WITHOUT flags) now they appear to be quite frequent, say once a day. 

Did WG pull another sleazy move here(i mean SLEAZIER than the change to achievements) to force players to spend more resources in the armory ? 

You know what the really sad part is, I distrust WG on a level by now that this wouldnt even surprise me. 

Profit over player experience seems to be their motto in the past 2 years. 

We haven't changed anything with possibility of getting detonation.

Is this "daily" detonation happening to you, or to other players in battles?

You probably were just "lucky" meeting players, which doesn't have the signal mounted, or doesn't have magazine modification 1 etc.

• Boring 2

Players
513 posts
13,176 battles
1 minute ago, YabbaCoe said:

Is this "daily" detonation happening to you, or to other players in battles?

why do you think I started this topic ? 

You probably were just "lucky" meeting players, which doesn't have the signal mounted, or doesn't have magazine modification 1 etc.

I dont even know how to respond to that ... 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
2,630 posts
10,329 battles

I stopped using detonation flags since a couple of days, and no dets so far despite playing mostly Jutland.

• Cool 1

Players
513 posts
13,176 battles
1 minute ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I stopped using detonation flags since a couple of days, and no dets so far despite playing mostly Jutland.

i was in Halland the other day, mmod 1 but no flags. 

but detonated by a [edited]secondary. 

my montana got detonated twice in the past week but DBs. 

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
8,361 posts
4,662 battles
Před 3 minutami bloodynicknames řekl/a:

why do you think I started this topic ? 

I dont even know how to respond to that ... 

I think you started this topic, because you currently met detonations more often than you are used to.

Which honestly can happen. Rules for that are still the same, they haven't changed. As you are also meeting random players, their setup is also very different, so it is possible, that you met those guys without anti-detonation flag more often now, and those now were unlucky to receive hits to also receive a detonation.

And as you can see here, you still have players, who doesn't use those flags and still are not detonating. It is also dependent on the gameplay, how certain players play the battles...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ALYEN]
Players
3,171 posts
4,508 battles

I think you started this topic, because you currently met detonations more often than you are used to.

Which honestly can happen. Rules for that are still the same, they haven't changed. As you are also meeting random players, their setup is also very different, so it is possible, that you met those guys without anti-detonation flag more often now, and those now were unlucky to receive hits to also receive a detonation.

And as you can see here, you still have players, who doesn't use those flags and still are not detonating. It is also dependent on the gameplay, how certain players play the battles...

I guess your English or focus is a bit off today, the OP meant his ship detonated a lot more than before, not that he detonated other ships.

• Boring 1

Players
2,630 posts
10,329 battles

It reminds me of the recurring “daily coal rewards nerfed” topics. Sometimes you’re picked by bad RNG and attribute it to WG. Not that we have never ever heard of Santa crates rigging, but sometimes it’s pure RNG.

• Cool 1

[FLYDS]
Players
949 posts
4,624 battles

I did notice an increased amount of detonations since I started playing again (like 3 weeks). Saw around 15 detos, but interestingly enough, most of them were caused by carrier torpedoes (only saw like two or three destroyers blowing up by HE).

I myself got detonated 3 times.

The most annoying part is, that you don't even get flags for it anymore and community managers like @YabbaCoe keep telling us their tale that it is beneficial to average players, while the devs could have easily used both systems of flag gathering.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,527 posts

It reminds me of the recurring “daily coal rewards nerfed” topics. Sometimes you’re picked by bad RNG and attribute it to WG. Not that we have never ever heard of Santa crates rigging, but sometimes it’s pure RNG.

how do you know that they dont manipulate rng or anything else for that matter and when caught then, oops our bad, smthg went wrong, blahblahblah ...

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
2,220 posts
16,184 battles
30 minutes ago, Myrmix said:

I did notice an increased amount of detonations since I started playing again (like 3 weeks). Saw around 15 detos, but interestingly enough, most of them were caused by carrier torpedoes (only saw like two or three destroyers blowing up by HE).

I myself got detonated 3 times.

The most annoying part is, that you don't even get flags for it anymore and community managers like @YabbaCoe keep telling us their tale that it is beneficial to average players, while the devs could have easily used both systems of flag gathering.

I don't normally hoist the deto signal and do seem to have suffered more detonations last 1-2 weeks in my DDs than I used to have previously. This is just n=1, so don't know if anything changed.

• Cool 2

Players
996 posts
2,954 battles

On the flip side; I've detonated a BB by hitting its rudder with an air dropped torpedo......

Thought it had missed, but boom, detonation....:Smile_smile:

Players
1,207 posts
8,104 battles
7 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

I don't normally hoist the deto signal and do seem to have suffered more detonations last 1-2 weeks in my DDs than I used to have previously. This is just n=1, so don't know if anything changed.

Admittedly this is mostly based on Co-op play but to my knowledge detonation mechanisms in Co-op and Randoms/Ranked are the same.

Over the past weeks and months, I have not run into more detonations than usual (as I feel it), and if anything over that time my BB's (Jean Bart, Thunderer, Missouri, Massa) have detonated just as often if not more often than my DD's (Friesland, ZF-6 and Kiev). Even though allegedly DDs are more prone to detonation (and Soviet BBs even worse), I do not run any flags in Co-op, and bots can shoot and aim!

[FLYDS]
Players
949 posts
4,624 battles
4 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

On the flip side; I've detonated a BB by hitting its rudder with an air dropped torpedo......

Thought it had missed, but boom, detonation....:Smile_smile:

That's weird. I'm fairly certain you can only detonate (a BB at least) with a hit in the turret-barbettes.

Which makes sense, since there is the highly explosive ammo. Used to be at least, a few years ago.

(And we'll ignore the fact that CVs are full of bombs, so they should and did detonate)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
344 posts
11,742 battles
26 minutes ago, Myrmix said:

That's weird. I'm fairly certain you can only detonate (a BB at least) with a hit in the turret-barbettes.

Which makes sense, since there is the highly explosive ammo. Used to be at least, a few years ago.

(And we'll ignore the fact that CVs are full of bombs, so they should and did detonate)

Negative. Detonations are triggered by hits on magazines. Barbettes are not magazines. 

Regarding BBs, torpedo hits are probably the most common cause of detonations because torps have a big blast radius which can often reach a magazine.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,663 posts
30,381 battles
1 hour ago, bloodynicknames said:

0 flags since update and never used anti-deto modules. 0 detonations also. But in my experience these detonations(own and others) happen in waves. For months i see none and then full week(s) full of detonations.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,549 posts
14,892 battles

You have 85 detonations in total. 

Which means 1 detonation per 135 games.. 

I say it is still pretty normal... 

and no haven't personally experienced an increase in detos.. 

• Cool 2

[RDNT]
Players
303 posts

Although I'm running the danger of being told to sod off an remove my tinfoil hat I wanna second @bloodynicknames claim.

It appears(!) that detonations are more frequent since the release of latest update but given we don't earn/are rewarded flags signals like before it could be down to the fact that players don't hoist Juliet Charlie - thus rendering the entirety of the player pool more susceptible to detonations.

Again; a hunch but I'm led to believe that the mechanics in fact have not been altered but less flags signals are used.

@Excavatus: are you able to shred light on that assumption that fewer Juliet Charlie signals have been used since the update thus increasing the risk of detonating?

Edit: It's signals not flags you utter tinpot! (talking bout' myself)

Players
2,630 posts
10,329 battles
1 hour ago, hellhound666 said:

how do you know that they dont manipulate rng or anything else for that matter and when caught then, oops our bad, smthg went wrong, blahblahblah ...

We only know about one case, the Santa crates, where RNG was manipulated. The shortlists were announced first, but the information was removed later. It’s not about relativizing the impact, but WG is full of dirty tricks to increase sales, but we saw no example of manipulating game mechanics. Also my reaction is not to buy more signals, but to spend even less credits on signals. I first learned to play without priority target, now I learn to play without signals. They are not an essential part of the game. Specifically, if you get detonated, it’s annoying for the whole team. If WG wants to annoy the playerbase then who am I to prevent that.

[LUZ1]
Players
2,220 posts
16,184 battles

We only know about one case, the Santa crates, where RNG was manipulated. The shortlists were announced first, but the information was removed later. It’s not about relativizing the impact, but WG is full of dirty tricks to increase sales, but we saw no example of manipulating game mechanics. Also my reaction is not to buy more signals, but to spend even less credits on signals. I first learned to play without priority target, now I learn to play without signals. They are not an essential part of the game. Specifically, if you get detonated, it’s annoying for the whole team. If WG wants to annoy the playerbase then who am I to prevent that.

Detonations happen only about 1%. There are many variables that have a stronger impact on battle results.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,921 posts
31 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

Negative. Detonations are triggered by hits on magazines. Barbettes are not magazines. 

Regarding BBs, torpedo hits are probably the most common cause of detonations because torps have a big blast radius which can often reach a magazine.

This, i remember back when Republique was a new addition to the Game, took her out I got a fish in my rear and - kablui… 

• Funny 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
35,407 battles

I personally didn´t detonate since the change was introduced, but I saw disproportionate many guys detonate in ranked since.

I remember that in the past at least twice it happened that after a patch the deto-signals didn´t work (aka I go boom despite the signal). Customer-service said ok thanks for feedback (and nothing more), and the moderators responded by friendly putting the blame on me (and ofc some smart players also telling me that I "must have forgotten the signal"). So I generally consider it gambling whether I go boom or not, signal or not. My distrust in WG also reached a level where I use deto-signal only for ranked + CB, and if it still happens - it happens, don´t really care.

I know that if it is neither CV- nor payment-related WG won´t bother to fix it; and if it there is extra money to gain then they will botcher it on purpose. And they just made sure that there is money to be gained by it, so.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,549 posts
14,892 battles
41 minutes ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

@Excavatus: are you able to shred light on that assumption that fewer Juliet Charlie signals have been used since the update thus increasing the risk of detonating?

Ofcourse If you ask me.. 

Lets say.. for the sake of the math, 100.000 battles played per day.. 

and lets say, half of the player base uses anti deto signal 

after the change lets say half of the users stopped using them.. 

and lets assume there is 1 detonation per every 100 game.. 

Before the change.. If you play 10 games per day, 

50K battles per day at all.. 500 detonations per day.. 

change of going into any given match for you is 0.01% 

change of going into any given match with a detonation is 0.005% 

now after the change, it will be; 

now it will be 750 detonations per day.. because 25K of people stopped using deto signals. 

so again your chance to go in any given match is 0.01% (10 matches per day) 

and going into any given match with a detonation is %0.0075

So, the increase of witnessing a detonatin here is actually %50.. 

I say it is a very great amount.. :) 

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
858 posts
8,077 battles
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

I wonder why there are less people with the flag mounted. Could it be because you removed the compensation for being detonated? Maybe, maybe

Sign in to follow this