varad_naik

Worcester or des Moines

8 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts

Hello I am a new player , I have Omaha, konigsberg and konig . I want to decide between which line to go for Worcester or des Moines . Can you'll suggest me ?

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts

Des moines. The worcester line isn't the easiest for new players due to how slow their shells are. Des moines can still be quite effective at max range.

• Cool 2

[VIBES]
Players
1,652 posts
24,624 battles

Des Moines.

USN heavy cruisers have better bow armor and a higher proportion of guns at the front (except at tier 6 and tier 9: Pensacola and Buffalo), so they can go nose-in, showing a smaller target, and still have a good damage output.

The Baltimore can even (barely) stealth-radar, meaning if you build her for concealment she'll be stealthier than her radar range, so if you get outspotted it means a DD is within your radar range...

The Worcester is a good ship, but considerably harder to play, in my opinion.

• Cool 1

Players
333 posts
4,715 battles
35 minutes ago, varad_naik said:

I can also go for Hindenburg. How does it compare to des Moines playstyle?

completely different I'd say. German CAs play at very long ranges and kite, DM is already mentioned above. Both are very good cruisers and you certainly don't have to pick one. Slowly go up the tiers for both, there's no need to rush.

• Cool 3

[O-V]
Players
235 posts
10,793 battles

That's like asking ....A poke in the eye or a Massage from suzi wong ...with a happy ending !!

Players
2,432 posts
On 5/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, varad_naik said:

Hello I am a new player , I have Omaha, konigsberg and konig . I want to decide between which line to go for Worcester or des Moines . Can you'll suggest me ?

DM

Individually DM is just better than Worcester in a lot of ways

And the grind is just better

On 5/30/2021 at 5:52 PM, varad_naik said:

Well both have the fastest reloads for Heavy cruisers of T10

DM has better HE alpha (not by much tho) while Hindi has way better HE pin. DM and Hindi have pretty much the same AP pin performance but DM AP has special pin angles, while Hindi AP has a lot of alpha. Both are very good at close range, and hindi is good at long range to and that's where DM sucks. 

Hindi has an extra gun while DM gets a faster reload. Armor wise, Hindenburg is tankier coz Turtleback and being so thin means more overpins than cits. Also Hindi has an extra heal base and it either gives you three points to spend somewhere else, or it gives you BB number of heals that very few cruisers at higher tiers get. DM has radar/spotter and hydro/DFAA while Hindi has German hydro (the best hydro in the game)/DFAA and Spotter.

Both are very good. Go for both. Grind up both the lines simultaneously

[URUC]
Players
484 posts
Alle 30/5/2021 alle 14:22, varad_naik ha scritto:

Germans have no radar. And the two ship lines have completely differend shells.

US - UK cruisers have slow high arc bullets, like mortars. They can shoot over islands - if they have a spotter -  but it's more complicated to aim.

German - Russian cruisers use faster bullets, easier to aim but unable to shoot over most islands.

It may be easier to play germans first, US later.