TheWarJaC

PT 0.10.5 - General Feedback

43 comments in this topic

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles

OMG OMG OMG !!! I Have my ships on PTS for the first time in a few years ... amazing .... I never thought I'll see this ....

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,672 posts
4,602 battles

Commanders!

Due to the installation of the update, the PT server will be unavailable from 9:00 to 10:00 UTC. The update includes the following changes: 

• The Hamburg port had the decorations removed and was returned to the standard design
  • Fixed a bug which caused ships to be stuck near the islands on the Warrior's Path map.
  • Fixed several other bugs

Players
611 posts
18,116 battles

Now that my PTS nick is almost identical to my live nick, I've had a frightening moment or two after speccing some 'PTS special' captain build or dumping a lot of resources and the the thought crossing my mind "wait a minute, am I on live?". Please bring back the server name (and population) to the top of the port screen so we can easily see which server we're on.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles

I don't know who had the bright idea to let T10 ships in Grand Battle play on the tiny Trident map, but I hope he/she loses their job ... it is impossible to properly test on such a small map at T10 ... and I got the map like 3 times in a row. Trying anything kiting on such small maps is futile ...

• Funny 1

[BMD]
Players
833 posts
19,480 battles

WG can you make up your mind regards mirroring the accunts the first one i did not have all my ships and now you have mirrrored it

[WAZ]
Players
39 posts
1,832 battles

@300ConfirmedKills I think you can see it by pressing ESC, but it's not necessary because your nickname at the top is already appended by the region if you're on PT, isn't it? For example I have "_EU" added to my PT name.

[WAZ]
Players
39 posts
1,832 battles

06052000@+3, 5.5.

Feedback for round 2:

• At the start of round I had both Hannover and Satsuma locked. Initially, the game was prompting me "you sure you wanna spend trials on Hannover?" despite me selecting Satsuma. I tried multiple times before paying the trials and the same mis-prompt came up. Hannover did also show when attempting to unlock Hannover, and Hannover got indeed unlocked when I paid in the prompt that comes by clicking Satsuma. Later on, the issue ceased despite me having both ships locked again.
  • I did not see the "two stars in Naval Battle" mission in-game, but then again I wonder if I didn't look well/early or it was indeed not displayed.
  • Now that I think about it, why are there still punishments for friendly fire if you will prevent damage? The harm within the crime cannot be committed anymore, but the punishment was made harsher??? I doubt it's about missed ordinance... seeing I don't get reprimanded when firing at islands or before any enemy is spotted.

Minor Suggestions:

• For Naval Battle: You know how for both missions and campaigns there are icons that inform what kinds of battle are compatible for the rewards? Maybe introduce something similar in Naval Battle screen. The idea is those icons are (I think) dynamically concluded by the code based on what battle types are actually supported, in contrast to the text that is within Naval Battle rules page that states what battle types are supported, which is both in-between pages of text lines, and subject to getting outdated whenever someone doesn't timely update the text, compared to the code immediately auto-presenting the list of compatibility.
  • For Public Tests: Perhaps reduce the regulations on creating and deleting clans. Game stated I cannot join a clan for three days after leaving one. It wasn't a problem for these rounds but generally it's not convenient either, and it could possibly become an issue for some future round so it's better to adjust it sometime before that.

- KitCat.

WG Staff
2,968 posts
970 battles
On 6/5/2021 at 10:37 AM, Cammo1962 said:

WG can you make up your mind regards mirroring the accunts the first one i did not have all my ships and now you have mirrrored it

Hi Cammo,

We explained the reasons behind the accounts not be mirrored during the first session. Now the accounts are mirrored. Honestly, I don't see anything to report here.  😊

[FILO]
Players
3 posts
7,662 battles

Well I got to play the super-battleships and it was fun, maybe a bit underwhelmed by the Hannover, which I found no better than GKF.

Another underwhelming point was the muffled sounds of Satsuma's main guns....can we have something as awesome as Yamato's deep rumble ?

I also share the feeling about friendly fire being removed...could it be replaced by a more lenient sanction if a player only does that rarely ? Like an accounting of FF occurrences for each player that would gradually be decreased over the next battle if the player doesn't do any FF, and an increase in case of repetition ?

Anyway looking forward to round 3 if there's one !

Players
611 posts
18,116 battles
Am 5.6.2021 um 18:28, KtX2SkD sagte:

@300ConfirmedKills I think you can see it by pressing ESC, but it's not necessary because your nickname at the top is already appended by the region if you're on PT, isn't it? For example I have "_EU" added to my PT name.

I know how to check which server I'm on. My point was that it used to be easy to check (recently, because my IGNs on live and PT were clearly distinct; and before that, because the server name was also visible in port at all times) at a glance from anywhere in the port screen and now it isn't. WG should revert to always displaying the server name in port to reduce the potential for confusion.

[EIS-]
Players
3 posts
12,991 battles

I experienced no issues which blocked me from playing the game and I liked the new Super-BBs.

What I did not like

- The NERF on the CVs. In my opinion this makes rocket planes unplayable. It is an totally unrealistic behaviour, just like when firing a gun from a ship, first then gun has to be loaded and then after 10 - 20 seconds the shells are actually fired. This change on CVs makes no sense, just remove them from game.

What i would like

- Reduce fire damage to max of maybe 25% of HPs of a ship, instead decrease speed and precision of gun fire because of the smoke all around

I would like to be able to play a "realistic mode"

- Unrealistic Super-Power ships like Smolensk which cause tremendous fire damage and can hide AND shoot from inside a smoke screen. Here I would like the realistic use of smoke creens as defensive items. You cant see what is within, but from within you cant see outside.

- This together with a realistic spotting like displaying ships you cannot see by yourself but are spotted by a team member, only on the map, but not on the main screen as seen by yourself.

[RDNT]
Players
234 posts

I'm not really sure this is the right place but here goes.

After you revamped the PT-server-setup I'm unable to login. My handle+password seems to not let me in and when I'm trying to create a ticket for this I get this wonderfully message:

1662075559_PT-loginissue.thumb.png.911431eef4290cdb2814be898fcd5212.png

The e-mail is the one that I have (nope, not giving WG my work related e-mails) so if anyone could be so kind to point me in the right directions as to how I can reset my PT-handle that would be greatly appreciated.

[CATCH]
Players
76 posts
13,953 battles

same here...i cannot login anymore either after the changes...and i cannot login on TST either...normal server works fine but TST and PTR is broken for me.

• Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles
2 hours ago, MightyWombat said:

same here...i cannot login anymore either after the changes...and i cannot login on TST either...normal server works fine but TST and PTR is broken for me.

Round 2 Schedule

Starts: Thu. 03 Jun. 18:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 03 Jun. 18:30
Ends: Tue. 08 Jun. 07:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Tue. 08 Jun. 07:30

[PASOK]
Players
31 posts
18,644 battles
On 5/28/2021 at 10:12 AM, Lc4Hunter said:

@TheWarJaC i have a suggestion for you and WG: Why dont you remove CVs? Or at least rocket planes at all. Why dont you make DDs unspottable for carriers? As it seems you dont want CVs to attack them. The "changes" on the rocket planes are a hard nerf. Nothing else. The argument of "historical accuracy" is BS on the next level as nearly everything, except the outstanding work of the art department, is far far away from that. Thats fine. But then you don´t need to argue with that anymore.

We have 4 to 5 seconds attack animation for rocket planes. I tried to attack a Halland with my Lexi (btw very nice that i DONT have my ships mirrored to PTS...) and i had to hold up 2 ship lengths to hit!
Even Bots where able to dodge it because they sometimes turn during the attack animation.

Even cruisers are able to dodge or reduce the amount of taken damage. Just look at the german AP rockets... if you want to attack a cruiser he has 4...5 seconds additional to turn away or at least to angle much enough to avoid citadel hits.
After the last nerf of Richthoffen this will kill the line completely as you unable to do anything usefull.

Its another great change of the game that shows me one thing:
Your devs have no clue of their own game...
...or they have and just hate CVs

Yes they hate them and lets pay them back all cv captains go strike and lets ruin the game by playing dds only lets make the ultimate torpedoe soup they diserve make contact with other cv captais to go full dds it is time for my shimikaze to go nuts only dds and nothing else my god i hate cv haters.

• Funny 2

[PASOK]
Players
31 posts
18,644 battles
2 minutes ago, BYZEMPEROR said:

Yes they hate them and lets pay them back all cv captains go strike and lets ruin the game by playing dds only lets make the ultimate torpedoe soup they diserve make contact with other cv captais to go full dds it is time for my shimikaze to go nuts only dds and nothing else my god i hate cv haters.

I fear this game will have the same fate like star conflict. Gaitzin greed.

Players
611 posts
18,116 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, BYZEMPEROR sagte:

Stop playing CV to own the haters? It's just crazy enough to work…

[WOTN]
Players
10 posts
11,032 battles

I want to ask when we can buy different ships with coal or steel?