TheWarJaC

PT 0.10.5 - General Feedback

43 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,968 posts
970 battles

Captains!

The session of Public Test for Update 0.10.5 has arrived. As always, here you can leave all your feedback and opinions about it. 

Screenshot 2021-05-27 204633.png

Before talking about all the news of this new installment will bring some preliminary information about the test. 

Round 1 Schedule

Starts: Thu. 27 May 18:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 27 May 18:30

Ends: Tue. 01 Jun. 07:30 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Tue. 01 Jun. 07:30

Special Features of the Test

The rewards for activities on the Public Test Server may differ from those on the Live Server.

Authorization with the main account

Starting with Update 0.10.5, you can use your main World of Warships server (main account) details to log in to the Public Test server. You no longer need to create separate accounts to participate in different tests, and it’s now a lot easier for us to credit your rewards to the Live Server.

To log in to the World of Warships Public Test server using your main account details, select Public Test from the Game Instance section of the Wargaming Game Center, then select the account in the top-left corner.

f8b798d4-bd2d-11eb-9871-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Rewards for taking part in the Public Test will be credited to the World of Warships Live Server account that you logged in with.

On the Public Test server, the main account region will be specified next to your nickname.

Additional details

You'll receive all the starting bonuses when you first log in to the Public Test server using your main account details. All separate Public Test accounts will be deleted and unavailable for use.

Pre-installation of the Update

Starting with the Public Test of Update 0.10.5, you can download the new game version to your PC in advance and then install it at any convenient time prior to the release. When you’re ready, click the Update button that’s located to the left of the Play button in the Wargaming Game Center once the update files have been downloaded.

To use the pre-install feature, activate preloading for updates in the Updates section of the Wargaming Game Center.

Combat Missions and Rewards

Screenshot 2021-05-27 204854.png

Starting Bonuses

• The research prices for ships and ship modules will be substantially discounted.
  • Players will be able to reset Commander skills free of charge.

If you're joining the Public Test for the first time since Update 0.10.2, you'll be awarded the following additional bonuses for your PT account:

• All researchable Tier VI and VIII ships, helmed by Commanders with 19 skill points.
  • 500,000,000 Credits; 30,000 Doubloons; and 90 days of Warships Premium Account.
  • 50 signal flags of all types (except special signals).

How to Join

All information on how to join the Public Test and obtain its rewards is available on a dedicated page of the official website.

• Cool 1

[DEFI]
Players
28 posts
2,079 battles

the new ships feels good 

great battleships and no problems with handling

[WTFNO]
Players
189 posts

The Super Battleships are shell magnets so it's difficult to gauge their survivability under normal circumstances. The rocket plane changes are absurd and way over the top.

[BASIC]
Players
895 posts
22,659 battles

First of all, I'm really surprised that we can actually test something new before it goes live. Hannover for istance. Such a fun ship, really. Just remember to put 21p captain on her and some upgrades and god, those gunz and secondaries....

I played 1 game only and I feel that tier 11 in really in the works. Will try Satsuma tomorrow.  

New kind authorization, hmm, maby a bit unnecessairy. MY PT account is no longer a copy of my primary account, I starts from beginning. No premiums, no collections, no flags...  I know it's only a test environment, but I miss my Missouri, Smaland, Smolensk and other usefull stuff there. 

Anyway, that new approach to testing seem like a move in a good direction, I hope much more players will arrive to share some feedback regarding new stuff. WG, just make the rewards for participation a bit better and we'' be fine. Cheers

[YOBOY]
Players
136 posts
11,224 battles

@TheWarJaC i have a suggestion for you and WG: Why dont you remove CVs? Or at least rocket planes at all. Why dont you make DDs unspottable for carriers? As it seems you dont want CVs to attack them. The "changes" on the rocket planes are a hard nerf. Nothing else. The argument of "historical accuracy" is BS on the next level as nearly everything, except the outstanding work of the art department, is far far away from that. Thats fine. But then you don´t need to argue with that anymore.

We have 4 to 5 seconds attack animation for rocket planes. I tried to attack a Halland with my Lexi (btw very nice that i DONT have my ships mirrored to PTS...) and i had to hold up 2 ship lengths to hit!
Even Bots where able to dodge it because they sometimes turn during the attack animation.

Even cruisers are able to dodge or reduce the amount of taken damage. Just look at the german AP rockets... if you want to attack a cruiser he has 4...5 seconds additional to turn away or at least to angle much enough to avoid citadel hits.
After the last nerf of Richthoffen this will kill the line completely as you unable to do anything usefull.

Its another great change of the game that shows me one thing:
Your devs have no clue of their own game...
...or they have and just hate CVs

• Cool 1

[DKK]
Players
187 posts
4,158 battles

i have issues with playing, i have hannover ready and the grand battle is ready but the battle button says that it is inactive why is that

WG Staff
2,968 posts
970 battles

Commanders!

Starting from 10:30 CEST there will be a Public Test patch released aimed to fix some issues with the login on the Public Test Server. You will be able to play right after downloading and applying the patch.

Players
4,238 posts
20,565 battles
2 hours ago, Lc4Hunter said:

@TheWarJaC i have a suggestion for you and WG: Why dont you remove CVs?

thats the one and only sentence which actually makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Lc4Hunter said:

lol :Smile_teethhappy: do you think thats reason for them butchering the AA to useless levels? 

[YOBOY]
Players
136 posts
11,224 battles
Vor 42 Minuten, ghostbuster_ sagte:

thats the one and only sentence which actually makes sense. 

lol :Smile_teethhappy: do you think thats reason for them butchering the AA to useless levels? 

well, i often play CV and especially on T10, the AA is not that weak... but ok, i guess, thats some kind of personal feeling :D
When i play CV, the AA seems to be extremly strong, when i play BB or Cruiser, my AA feels extremly weak :D

Players
404 posts
13,738 battles

@Crysantos @TheWarJaC
Why are all of a sudden my ships removed from Public Test??
There was a link between LIVE account and Public Test account regarding ships, all my ships are gone except the 71 I was given...
If my ships arent avaliable on Public Test, why would I spend my time on grinding if I have every ship on LIVE.

[BMD]
Players
833 posts
19,480 battles

What have you done to all my ships and should the PTs not be a mirrored account to the manin accout @TheWarJaC ??

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles

and again I don't see my ships from live on PTS ... so no testing from my side .... GJ WG ...

• Cool 1

Players
404 posts
13,738 battles

With the release of the new system, the developers have changed the rules of the testing process. Now the Common Test account is not a mirror of the Main.

This is the message I got from Support... they have removed the chance of Account Mirroring from LIVE to Public Test server with this new system...
@Crysantos @TheWarJaC I have no reason to play Public Test now! WHY would I want to grind all my ships all over for no gain?

• Cool 2

[IAN]
Players
3 posts
4,780 battles

Hello,

I would like to share my opinion about Hannover.

In the current state I believe it is a bit to good.

Here is what I think is good about it and what is not so good (I mean to good to be on BB's).

Good parts:

- High caliber main guns;

- Good secondary range and fire rate;

- Good main gun accuracy (very similar to Thunder).

Not good parts:

- Too much HP even for super-bb;

- For this size of ships it should have less maneuverability;

- To fast main gun reload.

Overall I played around 7 games in Hannover, each game a WIN, with 150k+ damage done and 2m+ damage blocked. The new consumable is quite fun, but to easy to get it and once got it you need to be sure to be in secondary range, otherwise - useless. Also, could reduce action time to 30seconds.

Regarding Shatsumu (I believe wrong name, but you know about I am talking) this is basically Shikisima +1 turret.... And the new consumable for Shatsuma is basically an Dead-eye but even better.... Eventhoug I think the consumable for Shatsuma is broken you actually can only use for 1 shoot.... Because action time is only I believe 50sec and reload of the main guns is around 29sec. So yea..... In general I didn't liked Shatsuma.

And that is it, this is my general option about new BBS.

Best regards,

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

WG Staff
2,968 posts
970 battles
On 5/28/2021 at 6:29 PM, PhantomSailor said:

@Crysantos @TheWarJaC
Why are all of a sudden my ships removed from Public Test??
There was a link between LIVE account and Public Test account regarding ships, all my ships are gone except the 71 I was given...
If my ships arent avaliable on Public Test, why would I spend my time on grinding if I have every ship on LIVE.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:41 PM, Cammo1962 said:

What have you done to all my ships and should the PTs not be a mirrored account to the manin accout @TheWarJaC ??

On 5/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, PhantomSailor said:

This is the message I got from Support... they have removed the chance of Account Mirroring from LIVE to Public Test server with this new system...
@Crysantos @TheWarJaC I have no reason to play Public Test now! WHY would I want to grind all my ships all over for no gain?

Captains, 
With this session of Public Test, we completely changed the logging system. The Older PT accounts are no longer available. All the users had access to the Public Test with the same Starting Bonuses. 

In the future, we will probably mirror the accounts from the Main Server, though. 

• Angry 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles
9 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Captains, 
With this session of Public Test, we completely changed the logging system. The Older PT accounts are no longer available. All the users had access to the Public Test with the same Starting Bonuses. 

In the future, we will probably mirror the accounts from the Main Server, though. 

Well you are discouraging some people from testing actually. And some of them won't bother again with PTS.

It's not like this complaint is something new (I have complained about PTS setup several times) to WG but if you chose this way then so be it ....

• Cool 1

[EUTF]
Players
330 posts
7,405 battles

I dont know if its bug or not but if the change to select a target for your secondary guns was intentionally please dont do it
Its annoying to hunt a specific ship pixel in the heat of the battle instead of the health/name target bar

Please it is a frustrating change bring back the original option for selecting a target.

• Cool 1

Players
2,044 posts
On 5/28/2021 at 12:42 PM, Lc4Hunter said:

@TheWarJaC i have a suggestion for you and WG: Why dont you remove CVs? Or at least rocket planes at all. Why dont you make DDs unspottable for carriers? As it seems you dont want CVs to attack them. The "changes" on the rocket planes are a hard nerf. Nothing else. The argument of "historical accuracy" is BS on the next level as nearly everything, except the outstanding work of the art department, is far far away from that. Thats fine. But then you don´t need to argue with that anymore.

We have 4 to 5 seconds attack animation for rocket planes. I tried to attack a Halland with my Lexi (btw very nice that i DONT have my ships mirrored to PTS...) and i had to hold up 2 ship lengths to hit!
Even Bots where able to dodge it because they sometimes turn during the attack animation.

Even cruisers are able to dodge or reduce the amount of taken damage. Just look at the german AP rockets... if you want to attack a cruiser he has 4...5 seconds additional to turn away or at least to angle much enough to avoid citadel hits.
After the last nerf of Richthoffen this will kill the line completely as you unable to do anything usefull.

Hate CVs?

FDR comes to mind:Smile_trollface:

• Angry 1

[BMD]
Players
833 posts
19,480 battles
4 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Captains, 

Well @TheWarJaC i dont like it because i miss a lot of my good ships and my Gearing does not have the LU any more so unless it changes i will do less with the PTS, but hey it is your (WG) game so you (WG) can do what you (WG) want with it as you (WG) have done so often before

[BMD]
Players
833 posts
19,480 battles
On 5/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, PhantomSailor said:

It totally sucks man :etc_swear:

[WAZ]
Players
39 posts
1,832 battles

210601150000+0

Feedback on round 1:

Core Changes:

• Inadequate info on gains or spendings of new currency related to "Grand Battle": Initially you only know the game-mode grants it, but later on you discover you need to use typical ships to gain it, not the new ships. Also, you later find out you need to spend currency for each play-through of the new ships. Better information delivery before-hand would be appreciated.
  • "Grand Battle" event UI is too empty. It has only two things: History information about the two ships playable, and a non-working button for some video.
  • Comments about removal of friendly fire in a separate post below.
  • Plane-based bullets is cosmetically cool.

PT Mission Stuff:

• Rockets mission applicable to "Grand Battle" by in-game info and testing, but ruled-out on news article.
  • Random Battle missions restricted to certain tiers which isn't listed on news article.

Commander Skill Stuff:

• Skill for "INCOMING FIRE" seems almost completely defective, at least on the battleship I tried.
  • One battleship skill stated it grants extra charge(s) for "Damage Control" (R), but isn't that always infinite?

- continued -

[WAZ]
Players
39 posts
1,832 battles

- continued -

About removal of friendly fire (FF):

I'm just returning after a year's break and this is catching me both by surprise AND disappointment. For me it is quite defining to the game the aspects of planning-ahead, communication, and immersion, all of which are supported by FF presence. While what we had was only partial FF, and while I wouldn't ask for making it more liberal, I certainly don't look forward for its removal. I understand pressing issues need to be addressed whenever there are any, but I've never felt there were any, and even if there were then I believe several alternative solutions could've & should've been pursued instead.

What's mainly needed is to know when to tone-up or tone-down consequences of FF, and for accurate execution of that there need to be measures for levels of carelessness and accidental-versus-intentional scenarios. Let's try & break them one by one:

• For ramming, sure, remove FF, because honestly any concerning harms (whether accidental or intentional) are not from its damage, but from its movement sabotage, so FF or no FF is barely relevant here.

• For guns, my knowledge is that unlike damage towards enemies, they deal massively reduced damage in FF. If so, then addressable just as ramming. If they deal considerable damage however, then my experience is that accidents with them are rare (1 in #00), and dangerous hits ought to be even rarer (1 in ##000), so I doubt that's the cause of this change. If intentional damage cases are the problem, note they are already impaired by lack of lock, and intent can be easily confirmed with both reports and lack of proximity of enemies to victim, justifying increased punishment. Amount of intentional cases outside of the described are probably 1 in #000 matches at most and even then reports are there to serve us.

• Torpedoes are probably the biggest scenario of concern here, but in my experience even their FF is reasonably rare. If it really needs to be addressed however, then let's approach it by type. Key elements of intentional FF is report presence and low torpedo travel time until impact, which are easy to log. If necessary (and hopefully easy), maybe log victim trajectory both original and changes after-firing, and perhaps trajectories of enemies and target-enemy as well. Accidental FF should be evaluated by torpedo travel time, with very low time possibly not that different in treatment from intentional FF, and very high time (e.g. 1 to 2 minutes) garnering no or less punishment and in fact maybe reprimanding both parties. I doubt the motive behind FF removal is people victimizing themselves by running into torpedoes, but if it was then ideas of travel time and trajectory logging noted above should help against this. All of the noted can be supplemented by accounting for the victim's ship type, maneuverability, or characteristics.

I didn't really have carrier-originating FF in my mind so far, and I doubt it's even a thing, but anyone who read this far will have an idea which methods from the above I would suggest to address that, after all it's not thaaat different.

All of the provided can also be supported by expanding/re-working the B-menu (the F1, F2, F3, etc.) with e.g. messages to alert allies of specific allied threats, or to point directly at torpedoes using F3 itself.

If FF removal was necessarily going to stay... I would like for alerts of FF the player would've caused to NOT be reduced. I tested FF in PT and I've only seen some text in the center bottom of screen that I've barely seen even though I wasn't in the midst of battle, and the chat alert seems to have been removed which is what I almost always have relied on to know if I ever caused FF. I believe is it CRITICAL to ensure players know of every FF they caused even if it doesn't cause damage to allies, because FF still wastes offensive potential or impairs movement, and every instance of knowing about a mistake is an instance of potential improvement. Last thing I want as a player is to discover that during my last 100 games or so I've been committing potential FF without realizing it because alerts were too minor or none at all. I'll then be like "oh god how many times did I waste torpedoes on allies when I assumed I missed an enemy" or during some one game be like "OMG Y U NO INSTANTLY TELL ME I'M RAMMING SO I IMMEDIATELY CORRECT CONTROLS INSTEAD OF LEAVING MY FULL STOP EXTENDED TO DIE BY CITADEL". Also, some allies will want to be alerted about allied torpedoes to do their best to either allow them to pass and hit intended target or to save their ally a penalty they don't believe they ought to receive. In addition, I'd like to take this chance to bring attention to a post by <Figment> bringing up a few different concerns in case FF removal is staying.

Hope this helps, and may things proceed to the best...

- KitCat.

• Cool 2