You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin for Update 0.10.5

42 comments in this topic

Players
263 posts
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Why do you think removal of teamdamage, while still punishing those, who intentionally are shooting to allies, is creating a new issue?

Because the solution will keep some careless players unhappy. Therefore they might just simply get suicidal - as they do not get any reward in the first place - but still have to pay for ammunition and maintainance. So why would they invest more time and credits? And you prior to that allready a proper solution.

It also keeps me from firing on targets near friendly ships ... as I could loose my income - I rather watch them sink.

2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

We are constantly working on fixing CV autopilot. Btw you still can steer CV manually... 

Only if I call the squad back, as it can not fly to an assigned position or attac an assigned target on its own - like it used to be - prior rework.

Which would techically mean I had to rely on my secondaries - which is not really an option for all carriers.  Even if it is - I have to sacrifice other important skills - in orderr to do that.

The game environments gets, i.m.h.o. more and more hostile for single players, with every captains rework you have done, up to now..

With high regards.

Players
233 posts
4,208 battles
10 hours ago, Dante_AK said:

What ship was that ? and do you have on it priority target ?

Just asking out of curiosity  i havent seen such good example for while.

It reminds match from 2-3 weeks ago when i was able to catch kitakaze in hydro range of fredie with full secondary build, me hydro, he torps i was able to dodge them and then we both go broadside to broadside 4 meaby 4.5 km from each other. It was this icy map where on one side you have plenty of  islands close to blue line, so he cant run from my hydro unless hi does 180 turn hits blue line and get slower. 

Im like - dude you fu... up hard, i pick him as prioty target since he is detected, and i think i was able to hit him around every 15-20 secondary shell.

Rotating guns, no time to switch to HE, boom full salvo, secondaries will finish him... not even close, and we still broadsiding each other, darn now i need wait for main guns to reload, boom second full salvo, he dead.

And then he writes in chat "it took you some time", i was laughing cuz i was suprised just like him.

I had hope sailors on my fredie would carry glasses with them, seems i was wrong.

in the pic is pommern battle

Players
233 posts
4,208 battles
2 hours ago, totally_potato said:

the edited description is funny even tho unintentional

And judging from your background, you were probably playing FD or Pommern

I usually get 200 or so his out of 1000 or so shells fired so not sure what you build is, situation was, etc. But yeah they need a buff

edited description? 

and it was in pommern

Players
233 posts
4,208 battles
3 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

There are so many questions - which ship you had? in which distance you were trying to hit? Which ships you were trying to hit? etc.

you have got to ve [edited]trolling me! in wich distance you were trying to hit? it was in the [edited]12 km range of the pommern, it says right [edited]there, [edited]secondary hits

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,685 posts
4,608 battles
Před 9 minutami HMS_Edinburgh_C16 řekl/a:

you have got to ve [edited]trolling me! in wich distance you were trying to hit? it was in the [edited]12 km range of the pommern, it says right [edited]there, [edited]secondary hits

I meant, it is kinda obvious, that for maximal distance, your secondaries will hit only exceptionally, especially if they are spamming some fast target, as a DD....

If you would be brawling close quarters with another BB for few kilometers, of course secondaries would have better hit rate

[BHSFL]
Players
825 posts
4 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

If you would be brawling close quarters with another BB for few kilometers, of course secondaries would have better hit rate

:Doubt:

Beta Tester
140 posts
5,909 battles
11 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Why do you think removal of teamdamage, while still punishing those, who intentionally are shooting to allies, is creating a new issue?

Because one could intentionally sail in front of my guns. And If I don't notice that I get punished.
Never underestimate griefers and their injeniuety.

Players
611 posts
18,116 battles
Am 26.5.2021 um 15:26, YabbaCoe sagte:

Why would you take a break from the game, if you find rewards from one special event weaker to other events?

You can still play Rankeds, randoms, CBs etc.

Ranked: you stopped offering this mode and replaced it with Seasons of Sprints, which doesn't offer Rank 1 flags
Randoms: you took away achievement rewards (and that applies to Seasons of Sprints too, now that I think about it)
CBs: you can't even complete Daily Mission chains in these - unlike any other game mode - and special events are invariably off the table here too, even if you're paying money to complete them.
Why take a break indeed.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,027 posts
14,985 battles
On 5/26/2021 at 4:48 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Well, friendly fire will be removed, but hits still will be counted, so if you hit allies 15 times in the battle, you will be punished. So if it happens, that you accidentaly hit an ally with your torpedo, you won't kill him, while currently it is still possible to even kill an ally and therefore yourself - two ships out of play.

I would still rather avoid a friendly torpedo so that it hits its intended target instead.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,685 posts
4,608 battles
Před 10 hodinami MatJan řekl/a:

Because one could intentionally sail in front of my guns. And If I don't notice that I get punished.
Never underestimate griefers and their injeniuety.

Yes, this can happen... but still you need to hit him 15 times in one battle to be punished for that.

And if that one would block you intentionally for long time, just report him to Customer Support and he will be punished for his unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Před 9 hodinami Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu řekl/a:

I would still rather avoid a friendly torpedo so that it hits its intended target instead.

If you payed attention to that before and so you avoided friendly torpedoes, I am pretty sure, that after this change it will be no problem for you, as you still are paying attention to the game and minimap.

Players
263 posts
On 5/27/2021 at 11:30 AM, YabbaCoe said:

New variants of premiums or tech tree ships are not really easy, as we don't want to publish exact same ship to the game, only with exception of B variants. 

But the paste and copy would allow to sell the same ship while customers have the option of safety that nothing will be changed. In the current state you are selling actually nothing with a skin. With your disclaimer - taking the right to change anything you might actually sell less. It is the same as with permanent camouflages after the Moskva incident.
I.m.h.o.  all you take away is the customers trust - while keeping it,  would have been more beneficial for you as company.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,027 posts
14,985 battles
7 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

If you payed attention to that before and so you avoided friendly torpedoes, I am pretty sure, that after this change it will be no problem for you, as you still are paying attention to the game and minimap. 

I think that you are missing the point that the majority of friendly torps avoided were only done so thanks to the warning indicator. Paying attention to the game (ahead of me, not behind me) and the minimap (that does not feature torpedos at all) will not help me in detecting friendly torpedos. If they hit me, I won't take damage, fine. But, I would prefer that they hit their intended target and not me, or that I even maneuver in to them and waste what might have otherwise been a perfectly good shot. Instead they will silently collide with me.

• Cool 3

Players
290 posts
4,430 battles

At first the warning seemed too low, 1 torpedo and you lose all of your gains

Now it's too much, 15. That's a whole Shimakaze salvo. And a little too low for shells. So I still don't think it's a good idea and definitely needs more thinking.

[SO-HO]
Players
21 posts
3,567 battles

"Changes to Attack Aircraft

In Update 0.10.5, the rocket-launching mechanics are being updated. Attack aircraft will now fire small-caliber machine guns prior to an attack. They don't inflict damage to ships, but show the exact spot where the rockets are going to hit. This information, together with a prolonged attack time, will allow the Captains of agile ships—destroyers, primarily—to maneuver, and thus reduce possible rocket damage."

This is probably the worse change you have made so far.  It makes hitting a target practically impossible ! ! ! ! !

May as well just remove the attack planes altogether and replace them with Torpedo Bombers.

Players
611 posts
18,116 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, SoirHawk sagte:

*snip*

This is probably the worse change you have made so far.  It makes hitting a target practically impossible ! ! ! ! !

May as well just remove the attack planes altogether and replace them with Torpedo Bombers.

It's difficult to imagine a better change, short of removing them as you suggest.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,685 posts
4,608 battles
V 28. 5. 2021 v 18:00 WorthyOpponent řekl/a:

At first the warning seemed too low, 1 torpedo and you lose all of your gains

Now it's too much, 15. That's a whole Shimakaze salvo. And a little too low for shells. So I still don't think it's a good idea and definitely needs more thinking.

Is this your experience from PT?

V 28. 5. 2021 v 19:07 SoirHawk řekl/a:

"Changes to Attack Aircraft

In Update 0.10.5, the rocket-launching mechanics are being updated. Attack aircraft will now fire small-caliber machine guns prior to an attack. They don't inflict damage to ships, but show the exact spot where the rockets are going to hit. This information, together with a prolonged attack time, will allow the Captains of agile ships—destroyers, primarily—to maneuver, and thus reduce possible rocket damage."

Not entirely. It is a nerf indeed, but still you should be able to hit targets also with this machine gun marking the possition, where rockets will lend. DDs will have more options how to dodge, but still not ultimate option to do that.

Best way is to try them on PT.

[NEXT]
Moderator, Players, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
4,524 posts
15,756 battles

Removed 1 post due to being OT.