You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin for Update 0.10.5

42 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
2,325 posts

Super battleships feature in a new battle type, allied damage has been disabled, the rocket-launching mechanics are being updated, and much more!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2

Players
121 posts
5,550 battles

This is me from april 18 "Or add to improved secondary battery aiming cpt skil this "every second up to 15 seconds your secondary guns on your priority target get better accuracy, if you change priority target it resets".

Is this event to test this new accuracy armament and release only this armament on some existing ships later?

or

Do you plan after it start releasing superbattleships as tech tree/coal/doubloons ships with that acc armament or without it?

Can you confirm od deny that existing ships secondaries wont ever get buffed or eventually secondary cpt skill "reworked" for better?

So that adjustment fire, you need hit or land close salvos  on locked target with main guns to fill that armament?

Hannover also must do it with main guns to fill that armament for secondaries? or does his secondaries must hit or land close to target?

If not i can spam with hannover main guns on any locked target to fill that armament and get better acc and range for secondaries on another ship targete by secondaries?

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,521 posts
27,749 battles

u know it's gonna be really bad when they drop these lines: "This will make the gameplay more interesting and diverse."

dear weegee: NO!... just, anytime u wanna put this line onto a new feature in the article, just scrap it right away. it's sheet!. thx...

• Cool 1

Players
348 posts
4,193 battles

Next update seems  weak... Only flag and expendable camos for new event? Current event grants 10 points commanders and permacamo therefore its so much better.

Seems like a good month for a break from WoWs 

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,685 posts
4,608 battles
Před 46 minutami Dante_AK řekl/a:

This is me from april 18 "Or add to improved secondary battery aiming cpt skil this "every second up to 15 seconds your secondary guns on your priority target get better accuracy, if you change priority target it resets".

Is this event to test this new accuracy armament and release only this armament on some existing ships later?

or

Do you plan after it start releasing superbattleships as tech tree/coal/doubloons ships with that acc armament or without it?

Can you confirm od deny that existing ships secondaries wont ever get buffed or eventually secondary cpt skill "reworked" for better?

So that adjustment fire, you need hit or land close salvos  on locked target with main guns to fill that armament?

Hannover also must do it with main guns to fill that armament for secondaries? or does his secondaries must hit or land close to target?

If not i can spam with hannover main guns on any locked target to fill that armament and get better acc and range for secondaries on another ship targete by secondaries?

Maybe... and maybe not. :cap_haloween:

I definitely can't confirm any of those posibilities. It is possible, that secondaries will be buffed eventually in future.. but when, how and how much, I can't tell you know.

Před 24 minutami Gwynbleidd11 řekl/a:

Next update seems  weak... Only flag and expendable camos for new event? Current event grants 10 points commanders and permacamo therefore its so much better.

Seems like a good month for a break from WoWs 

Why would you take a break from the game, if you find rewards from one special event weaker to other events?

You can still play Rankeds, randoms, CBs etc.

Players
129 posts
9,023 battles

(No more) Damage Caused to Allies

Great, I like these changes. About "The warning about allied torpedoes has also been removed, since they can no longer inflict damage": Though this warning quite often makes me a little bit nervous, a (different) signal would be nice to not block any torpedoes from allies by accident.

Changes to Attack Aircraft

Sounds very good so far. Let's see if attack aircrafts are still able to hit moving dds.

Recruitment Points changed to Community Tokens

Also very good. However the number of "currencies" in WoWS in general can be quite irritating for newcomers.

Grand Battle

Well, I already know the feeling of getting blasted by a single BB salvo. :cap_wander: I'm curious to see the Super Star Destroyers Battleships in action though.

• Cool 3

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,685 posts
4,608 battles
Před 15 minutami CorporalMediocre řekl/a:

(No more) Damage Caused to Allies

Great, I like these changes. About "The warning about allied torpedoes has also been removed, since they can no longer inflict damage": Though this warning quite often makes me a little bit nervous, a (different) signal would be nice to not block any torpedoes from allies by accident.

Changes to Attack Aircraft

Sounds very good so far. Let's see if attack aircrafts are still able to hit moving dds.

Recruitment Points changed to Community Tokens

Also very good. However the number of "currencies" in WoWS in general can be quite irritating for newcomers.

Grand Battle

Well, I already know the feeling of getting blasted by a single BB salvo. :cap_wander: I'm curious to see the Super Star Destroyers Battleships in action though.

Friendly fire - We are still thinking, if to keep some kind of silent-ish warning for allied torpedoes, atleast visual one.

Attack aicraft - they still should be able to hit those, but DDs should have more options to know, where to dodge.

Community Tokens - well, indeed we have plenty currencies, but this is only the change from one to another, while the new one gives us new options of delivery, not only recruitment itself.

Grand Battle - Yeah, we will all see, how their performance will be, especially with Adjustment fire mechanics...

• Cool 3

Players
81 posts
21,700 battles

What's wrong with the current friendly torpedo warning? Why do need to remove it? Do you want more friendly accidental torpedo hits?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MOKUM]
Players
15 posts
2,842 battles

wg just terrible at their own game, nothing groundshaking or new. but sad

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Players
121 posts
5,550 battles
godzinę temu, YabbaCoe napisał:

Maybe... and maybe not. :cap_haloween:

I definitely can't confirm any of those posibilities. It is possible, that secondaries will be buffed eventually in future.. but when, how and how much, I can't tell you know.

Theres small chance you are creating such mechanic just for event and just on superbattlehips that did not existed in game before, can you call, send email or directly to wg and do big stream with someone who can say more or knows more about future beyond what is now in development?

Or give us more inside look of future plans, even topic on forum with such person would be nice.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,685 posts
4,608 battles
Před 30 minutami Staines_upon_Thames řekl/a:

What's wrong with the current friendly torpedo warning? Why do need to remove it? Do you want more friendly accidental torpedo hits?

Well, friendly fire will be removed, but hits still will be counted, so if you hit allies 15 times in the battle, you will be punished. So if it happens, that you accidentaly hit an ally with your torpedo, you won't kill him, while currently it is still possible to even kill an ally and therefore yourself - two ships out of play.

Před 14 minutami cobruh řekl/a:

wg just terrible at their own game, nothing groundshaking or new. but sad

Nothing new? What about Grandbattles with even bigger ships than currently biggest ones?

What about removal of teamdamage/teamkill?

What about changes to attack aircraft?

What about new nation in the game?

Právě teď Dante_AK řekl/a:

Theres small chance you are creating such mechanic just for event and just on superbattlehips that did not existed in game before, can you call, send email or directly to wg and do big stream with someone who can say more or knows more about future beyond what is now in development?

Or give us more inside look of future plans, even topic on forum with such person would be nice.

I can't... all information for the future are announced at the same time globally via DevBlog, or some projects are said in Waterline videos. But we can't tell more about features, new ships etc. elsewhere.

• Cool 2

[NSNS]
Players
5 posts
8,255 battles

That's the Friesland now being a Dutch Free XP premium and not a European one, rather than it suddenly being reclassed as a cruiser and made part of the researchable tech tree right? Just checking.

Players
151 posts
23,307 battles

@YabbaCoe

When can we expect final information about the captain (compensation) related to the Friesland? 

Do we need the original captain (and still specialized) on the Friesland or other alternative?

We are looking forward to WG's answer......

Players
233 posts
4,208 battles
5 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

fix the [edited]secondaries. 17 [edited]hits out out 530 [edited]shells fired, so how about you put your [edited]at work and fix the [edited]secondaries?

shot-21.05.24_16.35.56-0195.jpg

• Cool 3

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
111 posts

If the Netherlands cruiser branch open for at new country, why did'nt the Swedish destroyer branch ?????

:cap_old:   zzzzz

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,469 posts
20,892 battles

"In Update 0.10.5, we are disabling the ability to cause damage to allies."

That's what I've been saying for the last four years. It took you some time to get it.

Now, next thing is the Karma-points. Remove -1 so only compliments count and at the end of the month the counter is reset and you get a small prize (flags, cammos) based on how many points you have.

Remove the negative, enforce the positive.

• Cool 2

Players
121 posts
5,550 battles
4 godziny temu, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 napisał:

fix the [edited]secondaries. 17 [edited]hits out out 530 [edited]shells fired, so how about you put your [edited]at work and fix the [edited]secondaries?

What ship was that ? and do you have on it priority target ?

Just asking out of curiosity  i havent seen such good example for while.

It reminds match from 2-3 weeks ago when i was able to catch kitakaze in hydro range of fredie with full secondary build, me hydro, he torps i was able to dodge them and then we both go broadside to broadside 4 meaby 4.5 km from each other. It was this icy map where on one side you have plenty of  islands close to blue line, so he cant run from my hydro unless hi does 180 turn hits blue line and get slower. 

Im like - dude you fu... up hard, i pick him as prioty target since he is detected, and i think i was able to hit him around every 15-20 secondary shell.

Rotating guns, no time to switch to HE, boom full salvo, secondaries will finish him... not even close, and we still broadsiding each other, darn now i need wait for main guns to reload, boom second full salvo, he dead.

And then he writes in chat "it took you some time", i was laughing cuz i was suprised just like him.

I had hope sailors on my fredie would carry glasses with them, seems i was wrong.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
140 posts
5,909 battles

Why do you still want to punish people for doing friendly fire when you disable damage?
What is the point of it when they can't cause harm.
If you want to remove damage in FF then remove punishment for it. if you won't remove punishment don't remove damage in FF.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,685 posts
4,608 battles
Před 15 hodinami ktchan řekl/a:

That's the Friesland now being a Dutch Free XP premium and not a European one, rather than it suddenly being reclassed as a cruiser and made part of the researchable tech tree right? Just checking.

No, definitely not. Friesland will remain a destroyer.

Před 12 hodinami VenividiviciNL řekl/a:

@YabbaCoe

When can we expect final information about the captain (compensation) related to the Friesland? 

Do we need the original captain (and still specialized) on the Friesland or other alternative?

We are looking forward to WG's answer......

Not yet. We will let you know probably closer to the release of 0.10.5 to live server.

Před 11 hodinami HMS_Edinburgh_C16 řekl/a:

There are so many questions - which ship you had? in which distance you were trying to hit? Which ships you were trying to hit? etc.

Před 9 hodinami gnist0s řekl/a:

If the Netherlands cruiser branch open for at new country, why did'nt the Swedish destroyer branch ?????

:cap_old:   zzzzz

Maybe in future. We will see

Před 1 hodinou MatJan řekl/a:

Why do you still want to punish people for doing friendly fire when you disable damage?
What is the point of it when they can't cause harm.
If you want to remove damage in FF then remove punishment for it. if you won't remove punishment don't remove damage in FF.

To prevent those, that would still continue doing that. Basically now friendly fire will be only annoying to the targetted ship, while the one shooting after reaching 15 hits to friendly ship will be punished - for intentionaly trying to shoot allies.

Players
2,056 posts
12 hours ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

the edited description is funny even tho unintentional

And judging from your background, you were probably playing FD or Pommern

I usually get 200 or so his out of 1000 or so shells fired so not sure what you build is, situation was, etc. But yeah they need a buff

• Cool 1

Players
263 posts
18 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

What about removal of teamdamage/teamkill? 

Hm lets think about it - good idea - i.m.h.o. bad execution - you might think about reflecting the team damage instead on the other hand does the suggested solution does not reflect your rng factor - so lets put it blunt - you are just solving an issue by creating a new one - while you actually would have a proper solution in stock. It is just sad.

What about changes to attack aircraft? 

Can we get another chance to give carriers back for free xp or in case of prem carriers dubloons?

Will you fix the autopilot for cv -alternatively give us back manual controls for steering - as it used to be.

What about new nation in the game?

Do not get me wrong, but it looks like a money grab - as we need new captains now. Provided you use your current publishing ways. It would have been better if it had been in the european tree - at least as long as you have nothing else to offer there.

And your "information policy" is i.m.h.o. a really bad habbit. But you are going to keep it right ? As there is almost nothing better to alienate customers.

Except the lack of missing 2 way communication - or changes in your companies policy which show a certain pattern

But who knows maybe it is the best we can get..

The general question - will you ever fix known issues before creating new content. And what the change of premiumships is concerned - maybe just bring new variants instead .... you can always go from Enterprise to Enterprise Z instead of giving customers the same uncertain feeling they have if they buy premium camouflages these days.

Players
2,215 posts
13,280 battles
12 hours ago, HMS_Edinburgh_C16 said:

Imagine you have to click on a target once and go afk while the AI does all the work for you rather than to rely on your own skill and aiming capabilities to score a decent damage.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,685 posts
4,608 battles
Před 1 hodinou CollingwoodDK řekl/a:

Hm lets think about it - good idea - i.m.h.o. bad execution - you might think about reflecting the team damage instead on the other hand does the suggested solution does not reflect your rng factor - so lets put it blunt - you are just solving an issue by creating a new one - while you actually would have a proper solution in stock. It is just sad.

Can we get another chance to give carriers back for free xp or in case of prem carriers dubloons?

Will you fix the autopilot for cv -alternatively give us back manual controls for steering - as it used to be.

Do not get me wrong, but it looks like a money grab - as we need new captains now. Provided you use your current publishing ways. It would have been better if it had been in the european tree - at least as long as you have nothing else to offer there.

And your "information policy" is i.m.h.o. a really bad habbit. But you are going to keep it right ? As there is almost nothing better to alienate customers.

Except the lack of missing 2 way communication - or changes in your companies policy which show a certain pattern

But who knows maybe it is the best we can get..

The general question - will you ever fix know issues before creating new content. And what the change of premiumships is concerned - maybe just bring new variants instead .... you can always go from Enterprise to Enterprise Z instead of giving customers the same uncertain feeling they have if they buy premium camouflages these days.

Why do you think removal of teamdamage, while still punishing those, who intentionally are shooting to allies, is creating a new issue?

We are constantly working on fixing CV autopilot. Btw you still can steer CV manually...

Separate nation of Netherlands will allow us to probably in future introduce more than just a line of cruisers. European tree was originally made for smaller European countries, which most likely wouldn't be able to form their own nation. That is why Friesland was there, but in the end it was decided, that we can create a separate nation of Netherlands. If that will happen to Sweden too? Maybe.. and maybe not. 

Yes, we are constanly working on fixing issues. Any new content can create a new issue.

New variants of premiums or tech tree ships are not really easy, as we don't want to publish exact same ship to the game, only with exception of B variants. 

Players
298 posts
22,434 battles

Hi, 

I also would like to know what happends with the captain that will be on the Friesland when it's moved to the Dutch Tech tree.

My 19 pointer will be a Dutch one right?

I would like to keep it for my Smaland and not to be transferred, so i think the captain you put on the Friesland just before the re-branche should be the one that turns Dutch.

This way i can put another captain on her.
Another thing i've read was that if you do team damage you won't get anything that match.

So if i'm on top of the afterbattle screen with for example 2k+ base i won't get anything, because of a single hit(obviously a mistake) on a friendly or worse a touch with ships??

Well personally i like the update, but i think there should be a minimum damage before you won't get credits etc (like 2k or something).

Anyway keep up the good work.

Greetz Gice